New to 40K

I am interested into getting into 40K lore.The problem is that I all my experience with 40K is AGP and the Emprasque.
Where would it be best to jump into the story and fluff?

Go to 40k general download the the main rulebook.

Play dawn of War 1 Dark Crusade and read the codexs

This.

Track down some of the books too, the Cain series is notable.

Dawn of War is how I got into the series. Get the very first one, then once you beat it get the Dark Crusade or Soulstorm expansion pack and play around with all the different factions.

I will be taking the Khornate Berserker. What about you guys?

Noise Marine. I'm into that kind of shit anyway.

Just dig around Lexacanum (it's a wiki).

Probably the Tau, he seems like a pretty cool guy.

>Plague Marine
Best choice, kick it with Grandpa Nurgle's family. Annual cookout, be immune to pain, and throw my weight around.

Gotta figure out how to be a Nurglite Warpsmith or Blight Mage then I'll be really in business.

Guardsman, for reals.

If you're pushed for time, it goes
Dark Crusade > Winter Assault =(ish)= Vanilla >>> DoW2 >>>>>>>>Soulstorm

Also, I know this is pretty fucking heretical of me, but Alfabusa's TTS series on Youtube is a decent crash-course in the lore and current shitty state of affairs (as well as shitty Veeky Forums memes preserved like a fly in amber)

WhatIfTheEmperorHadATextToSpeechDevice is canonically accurate.
And fucking hilarious.

WE ARE THE GODS OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER

I'd go with the Guardsman, for his sister and because he sounds pretty based.

dude youd get ptsd from seeing him die

think about it man hed be your best man at your sisters wedding and then she'll prob kill herself too because if hes a great friend hed be a fantastic brother

Start with the Squats.

WE ARE THE SOLDIERS, THE LEGION OF LIGHT

WE ARE THE CENTER, THE DEATH OF THE SUN/SON

FIRE AND FLAME
WE ARE ONE

...and you and I are fucking hilarious....next episode when??

Guess nobody else likes tyranids?

Tbh, same. Guardsman sounds like a bro and I would cry like a little bitch at his funeral.

Commissar.

only after we have a proper memorial for Dominique

rolling

Listen, mate. Best thing for it is to go on to Warhammer 40k wiki, read through the article on "The Great Crusade" and click around on anything you think is interesting. Most of the lore of how the universe got screwed up in its current state is to do with the great crusade era.

>I am interested into getting into 40K lore.
You picked the right time!

I want more classic Decius - the only High Lord of Terra with any god-damned sense. But, yes, poor Dominique....

.... does it let you fuck it.

Book-wise the answer is always the same
> Gaunt's Ghosts
> Eisenhorn
> Caiphas Cain
There is TONS of other stuff but those are like the three pillars of good, well rounded 40k literature. All can be bought cheaply as Omnibuses. Horus Heresy is 50 fucking books long and growing and can be fairly hard to get into unless you wanna knuckle down and start speed reading.

Techpreist. Here's hoping for a heretek.