/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General X

Rolled 7 (1d20)

No Armour Autism Allowed Edition
SoH 1st subedition.
Threadicus Penultimatus
Armour Autism, Primarch Wrestling, Knight heads and Marauder mathhammering, I'd tell you to look in for more, but that's pretty much everything.
Previous thread

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

why are there no knight house players here

Looking to start playing Word Bearers, and my store's average size game is 1850, what do you think of my 1850 pt list?
>HQ
High Chaplain Erebus (195)
Legion Centurion, Medicae Consul, artificer, refractor field, Power Weapon (125)
>Troops
20 Legion Tactical Marines, additional CCW (265)
20 Legion Tactical Marines, additional CCW (265)
>Elites
2 Apothecaries with artificer [each attached to a tactical blob] (110)
Mortis Dreadnought, 2x MM (125)
10x Gal Vorbak, 2x PW, Martyr with PW and artificer [Erebus and Medicae Consul go here] (390)
>Heavy Support
Legion Spartan, Flare Shield, AC and Dozer Blade [Erebus and Gal Vorbak ride here] (375)

because it's an army that will work 1 time

Nice trips. Have some clown girl. It's my only weakness. Besides sallets, great helms, witch tits, spiders, and trees.

Taking nothing but knights is kind of an assholish move.
That pic is pretty sweet though, are there any more?

Autism

What are the other players like? This is important.

Super quick question from a beginner: Is there a way for me to have a legal army that includes both Cerastus/Imperial Knight and another army, say Marines or Mechanicum?

Yep, just take a Knight as a Lord of War choice for the Mechanicum (apart from the Warden, Crusader and Gallant, those haven't been included yet) . No idea about the Legions, but you can always take two or more as HQ+Troop in a Knight allied detachment.

What's the consensus on the Scoria hitting Rogal Dorn and Mortarion? Does he need a 3+/6+ to wound them? The argument has been going on for a few months on and off. I sent an email to Forge World about this, but they never got back to me.

Not an awful amount of support in place

Your Dread is very short range, and if the opponent is taking any kind of artillery and does damage to your Tacs, your only source of anything is in that 800-point death star

If your opponent has more than one of
-Chainfists
-Venator
-Grav
-Plasma

You're fucked

Aren't Indentured Knights already a thing in the AdMech book?
I thought people don't take plasma much these days.

Indentured Knights are a thing yes

People bring plasma for Terminator Deathstars and other heavy infantry

If they can slow down your Spartan, blow it up in CC or cover your Gal Vorbak in saves, you're gonna have a bad day

I was given the impression that plasma isn't worth it these days because people fear Getting Hot! or just not good.

Sup.

HQ
Ceratus Lancer (460)
- Seneschal (50)
- Occular Augmentics (10)

Elite
Ceratus Atrapos (480)
- Aucteller (35)
- Occular Augmentics (10)

Troop
Styrix (405)
- Scion Martial (0)

Heavy Support
Ceratus Castigator (405)
- Arbalester (25)

1750 points on the nose. Roles are fairly obvious

Because an army of nothing but superheavy vehicles is something only a gaint dick would do.

It is one of the reasons people abandon 40k in favor of 30k.

Not the same dude, but I bring Predator Executioners. 3 blast templates of Plasma for 135 points, no Gets Hot! and they come in squads

Strange, because a plasma support squad is one of the most favoured ways to deal with enemy deathstars. I think you got trolled.

Okay cheers, but is it possible for me to have a single Cerastus Knight and the rest of the army consisting of Legion? Oathsworn+CAD, to put it in 40k terms?

go fuk yourself you shit stain, people like you are an even worse plague than B@C only players. at least the latter are just dshitty poors, meanwhile you are a shitty rich fuckerand you are probably buying recasts

I keep 5 plasmas in a bastion so I have a surprise for anyone who dares assault my fort.
>tfw killed 5 gal vorbak, a chaplain and brought Lorgar down to one wound in with nothing but two FotL tac squads and a minimum plasma support squad

Which Legion?

>to one wound in
*one turn

Was the Lorgar player too retarded to be using Precognition?

Glorious Imperial Fists of course.
Lorgar would go on to roll a 1 on the perils table.

Nice work, Wall Man. I hope your walls stay tall, and your position stays fortified.

IIRC, the WB player preferred to have Erebus summon daemons that particular turn.

>worse plague than B@C only players
u wot m8

God that's dumb :(
Precog is WC1, and Lorgar harnesses on a 3+. There's basically no reason to not toss 2 charges his way, or even just attempt one.

How many players have an entire Titan maniple or a large collection of knights for their own house?

tfw you will never watch a game of lots of titans and knights going to war against each other

>tfw you will never watch a game of lots of titans and knights going to war against each other
Glorious Adeptus Titanicus will make this a staple.

How the rules work is really shit for epic titan on titan action. Without detailed enough rules for different areas of each titan that can get damaged independently for example, it would usually come down to just a coin flip : the side who wins the roll-off to go first probably wins.

Sadly this is true for almost all apocaylpse-sized games, the way player turns work means that the more points each side have the more onesided battles become. Having so many things to focus down the most important enemy threats unbalances such games greatly.

Is there much point using a Spartan to deliver a 20 man blob and extra combat weapons, with attached characters, apothecaries etc?

Are there any Horus Heresy books that look at the Imperial army in more depth?

Not really sadly. Despite the HH fracturing the whole of the Imperium with also half the imperial armies siding with horus, the BL novels are mostly a marine-on-marine sausagefest.

Althought they would most likely just turn them into autists as well :^)

>women in the military beyond non-combatant medical/nursing roles or bureaucracy

Legion has an army unit as the focus for much of the book. But can't think of anything beyond that. I think part of the problem is the imperial army in the heresy doesn't seem as uniform as the 40k imperial guard, not that that's an entirely uniform organisation by any means. It seems the 30k army was more of a hodge podge where regiments would be organised and equipped according to the whim of the guy that put the unit together (bit like the early days of the musket era, when a colonel was just some rich twat who could afford a lot of hats for his troops rather than someone who had been through an academy).

If they're from Catachan they might as well be men.

My dream is some kind of combined tournament where one table plays BFG, one table plays Epic, and the rest of the tables play 30k. I have no idea how it would be balanced, but I love the idea of each table effecting the others.

Like the BFG player controlling the gravity well around the planet can supply troops or bombard the Epic games. Or even just that at the end of the BFG game whichever faction controls the planet gets some bonus on certain 30k tables.

But it also works the other way, so if the Loyalists win on the "Orbital Defence Platform" 30k table then their faction can take some shots at the Traitor fleet or something.

I figured the deathstar unit was eating too many points. What are some good alternatives?

If they meet the requirements and training for the position, why not?

Dropzone/dropfleet commander did something like that, with a few different variants (some linked campaigns, some simultaneous games where players could bombard planets/fire ground-to-orbit weaponry and affect a different table, some time-lapse games where each troop landing from space was played out in a surface game). You could steal the basic ideas and see if they could be adapted, think there's a general up for those games most of the time on Veeky Forums which should have the rules.

>sausage fest
>implying this is bad

I like the fact that there is at least one universe in which at least one vector of the military retains its masculinity. Whenever I read women fighting in combat, especially melee, I groan - it's so dumb. I know we're talking about a universe in which giant daemons pop out of a mythical hell into reality but really. War is inherently a male zone of Human life, developed from our sexually dimorphic evolution. Shoehorning women into military roles who don't have the biological or mental capacity bred into them by tens of thousands of years of evolutionary conditioning sucks ass.

Space Marines are great as they are.

>inb4 'space marines are gay' because they're males who are masculine and make up a male a population of warriors, like all armies through history

You are a legionnary.

You have been wounded and lay bleeding on the ground.

You are calling for the apothecary when this guy shows up.

What do you estimate your chances are of making it out alive.

user, just don't. You'll step into something you don't want to.

daily reminder the marines and army have to lower the requirements for women to pass next to men and the only people that advocate for women being in the military are video game effeminate neckbeards who cant separate their fantasy from reality because theyre so enshrouded by their modern bourgeois comfort

Rolled 8 (1d10)

That depends on a variety of factors that may or may keep me alive.

How many beakies and other MKVI components should I use in my squads who are vets of the Massacre, lads? How much of the squawkers' gear do you think they'd loot and use?

Well, I'm not NL, so very little.
I ready my boltgun.

Thanks for the info, I'll pop over there and see what I can steal.

That's why you don't deploy everything at the beginning and instead force people to bring their shit in piece by piece. Shortens turns, lessens the impact of the alpha strike.

Also, add lots of terrain and strategic assets that shield units.

>that's a nice skull you got there, brother
>would be a shame if anything happened to it

That was the most magical realm shit I have ever seen in a published work

>gene-nodded beefcakes who are genetically engineered to be big beefy beefcakes who obey without question the orders of the hot, scantily clad teenage girls that command them, who also happen to fuck like minxes and the big sweaty beefcakes are their children or some shit

It was just so fucking unwholesome.

Bretty gub. I'm a Night Lord dude too.

Are you those type of people who rejoice at the thought of sisters of battle/silence being removed from the setting ?
Humanity is struggling to avoid exctinction in the grimdark, maybe less so in 30k. Specially the Imperial Guard regularly has to round up every man, woman and child that can hold a lasgun in an effort to hold off alien or traitor forces invading their system. You don't have to stumble over the latter two all the time, but it does add a real sense of desperation to the whole setting.

Using real life is a bit of a bad example, as real wars are mostly fought because people are to scared or dense to resolve their disagreements in a more humane fashion, and then need help from more technilogically advanced armies to try and clean up the mess.

But that's just like, my opinion man

Periods, and why do you want to risk the producers of the net generation of soldiers

Am I supposed to personally know every piece of VIIIth Legion trash? Why should I care about just another motherless Nostraman wasteheap?

>let's arm all women with guns and send them to the frontline! xD

>all female guardsmen raped and spawn more chaotic hellspawn

>no more women left to make more miny guardsmen.

Nah I'm actually alright with the SoB. I like their whole ecclesiarchal origin story of the church being unable to have a male paramilitary, so they use women instead. Space nuns are cool. Isn't efficient as it would be to use men, but that's explain by above.

In 40k throwing every indentured soul into the meatgrinder makes sense yes. Yet even thousands of years ago, to this day, if a tribe/ethnicity/whatever is on the brink of extinction in a war, they never send their women to fight - women are the vessels that continue the in-group, the clan, the tribe, the ethnos, the race, the species and sho on and sho on. *sniff* If your town is under siege and your people are going to die inevitably then there are records of women - in their homes - using their cutlery or whatever to fend off impotently rapey invaders.

Anything other than that is basically pure ideology.

>Using real life is a bit of a bad example, as real wars are mostly fought because people are to scared or dense to resolve their disagreements in a more humane fashion, and then need help from more technilogically advanced armies to try and clean up the mess.

literally means nothing - the post

>let's arm all women with guns and send them to the frontline! xD
Makes sense, not going to kill the enemy with only half the people at the commanders disposal.
>all female guardsmen raped and spawn more chaotic hellspawn
>Implying this couldn't happen to the men too
>no more women left to make more miny guardsmen.
If we aren't sending all the men, why would we send all the women?
If we are sending all the men, then no new guardsmen anyway.

The one thing the Imperium is not short on is man power.
Sending inferior women to fight is silly.

I kinda want to get this mentality out that having a single Warlord Titan is "OP". It's not. They're the Adeptus Titanicus's TEQ. It's fair if they can have one if you bring some Termies or a Land Raider. If they bring multiple, then yes that is mildly cheesy.

Also Reaver Titans are shit. They're just expendable meatshields. Having a whole army oriented around them would be incredibly boring. If princeps had the same love that Genestealers then that would be fine.

A "fun" army to play against is something that tries to bring all the neat units into the battle in a combined arms fashion. Not just spamming any one single unit. A good Adeptus Titanicus player would know that some well supported Knight unit is a cheaper and arguably better source of anti infantry fire power than the other units.

I'm so tired of hearing non Adeptus Titanicus players complain about "muh emperors or muh warlords" They're there in the codex, they have a purpose, just like the FWs.source then any of the Titans. Just because you get butthurt at the cheesemongers doesn't mean that the other Adeptus Titanicus players have to stop using a particular unit. Quit bitching.

>Sending inferior women to fight is silly.
>Sending half the available soldiers isn't

You don't plumb the depths of a entire planet's population.

What has happened in history is that when a tribe goes to war, they have grievous casualties and there is a shortage of men. A minority who remained have an abundance of women to repopulate the tribe. Reverse this and you have a majority of men who cannot find wives to impregnate, and end up leaving to take women from other tribes - or they kill each other in competition. Either way what usually happens is a new tribe is formed by the thirsty men or they all die in the process.

Much better to keep your women around.

Except soldiers are not 100% of the population.
The Imperial Army/Guard are a tiny minority of the Imperium.

>You don't plumb the depths of a entire planet's population.
But that's exactly what you do user.
>Blah blah something about tribes
Irrelevant when talking about a population of a million planets, each with few billion (minimum) citizens.

No matter how you slice it, sending one gender to fight is going to end up with fewer soldiers than sending both.

It's literally the same thing on a grander scale.

except yes they are short on man power.

That's the entire point of the setting.

what was Cadia? Oh yeah, you fucking retard, it was an imperial guard planet where literally every man, woman and child was an active soldier at all times.

But there's so many humans who cares? "Lose one planet find a 100 more" is the Imperial moto.

Yeah definitely, apart from there's only one tribe, and it's population is so massive that the discrepancy between the sexes' populations could never happen. Oh, and the 'Tribesmen' are never likely going to see their home planet, or breed again anyway.

But yeah user, apart from those three little things it's definitely the same thing.

So you've accepted the reality sending women to fight is retarded. Good. Back to 30k.

No.
Not even a little.
Soldiers don't just magically appear fully armed and armoured on the battlefield.
Indeed, you can only support so many soldiers.
So long as supply of male inductees outstrips the positions available to them you don't need to touch females at all.

>So long as supply of male inductees outstrips the positions available to them you don't need to touch females at all.
This is true, but what if it doesn't?

It wont because the male population is so high, user :)

Sure, but so is the number of lasguns and flak jackets.

OK so what's the point in arming women again if the Human populations are so high and weapons/armour/equipment are limited enough to select for men only?

Alright you concede your position. Very good. Wew. Using women is retarded.

It's not. The Imperium is bursting at the seams with people.
A Guardsman is less valuable than his lasgun.

>That's the entire point of the setting.

No it's not. The point is everything is crumbling, not that there's not enough people.

>what was Cadia?

A silly idea at its base.
Now dead.

Reminder there is literally nothing wrong with red shoulders for Word Bearers.

>red shoulders for Word Bearers.
>Word Bearers.
Found something wrong.

Let's focus on something more important than women. Volkite. In the beginning of the Crusade every marine was able to be armed with a Volkite gun correct?

Anyone here used the MkII command set?

Are the arms/hands attached to the Hammer or the Standard?

Can you just shutup for once Roboute?

Can we just stop the autism for one thread? Is that possible? And using "where do you think we are" is not an argument.

Yeah, last thing I need is more fragile masculinity and evo-psych babble.

I thought it was clear volkite wasn't common enough, hence why bolters were the standard firearm? Or maybe volkites just take longer to build or something, it's very clear they chose the reliable but weaker tech over something that game-wise is much more potent.

>fragile masculinity

Get out.

>evo-psych babble
>biology isn't relevant to my mental illness delusion

if the primarchs had wives, Sanguinius would have the best wife

fucking BASED Lorgar coming through! best primarch!

Not Ferrus? I mean it's clear from how the other primarchs reminisce he was pretty bro.

I'm certain that there was enough Volkite for every marine in the beginning of the Crusade but as the legions grew larger and the Crusade progressed the materials for Volkite guns dwindled down, and the guns themselves started becoming in short supply. It's either that or Mars was lying and trying to make a Volkite gun big enough to strap onto a Titan.

Lorgar, you're a bitch, kys pls.

>fragile masculinity and evo-psych babble

TUMBLTIME

>trying to make a Volkite gun big enough to strap onto a Titan.

Shut up and take my... what was the monetary unit of the Heresy era? I know in 40 it's Thrones right? But that seems odd for the Heresy since the Golden Throne hasn't become a big deal yet.

>Sending inferior women to fight is silly.
You're not getting a free pass out of combat only because you've got an extra X chromosome. Women and downs gotta die for the Emperor.
>But I can bree
And how will that kid get orphaned and turn into a Commissar/Stormtrooper/Inquisitor if mommy dearest doesn't get herself killed in the Emperor's name?
Also, Cadia & Catachan. Everyone fights. Are you a citizen or a civilian? :^)

>He sent all his wiminz to fight
>Implying Slaanesh won't impregnate your boipussy, or that Khorne cares about raping stuff, or that Nurgle isn't turning you into a new Sexually Transmitted user, or that Tzeentch's plan doesn't rely on yourself being your own grandfather
Whatever rapes your boat, user.

BL did that because they realized they killed Ferrus off too early and couldn't do character progression with him(thankfully). Now all of the Primarchs have fond memories of Ferrus.
I've seen by the throne in one of the BL books before, but the money itself? Nope.
Could you not? Let's just drop the subject.