Kingdom Death was once a game, but now is merely a collection of waifus

Kingdom Death was once a game, but now is merely a collection of waifus.

Post-Kickstarter mass justification edition

Old thread: Kittens exploded, pebbles tossed across the pond.

Point of discussion:
What expansion are you most hyped for, and why isn't it the Abyssal Woods?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/RVX0U
mega.nz/#F!WpB0VJhB!KS3q6INY0vT8IPdtKc9aPQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What expansion are you most hyped for, and why isn't it the Abyssal Woods?

Abyssal woods is pretty high up there for me, but honestly... I really want to see what the Ivory Dragon xpack is like. A true final boss for the game of one of the legendary lore enemies? I'm pretty excited to see just what that fight is going to be like, and how badly it will ream us.

2nd for Gambler

I've only made a couple models before and am horribly inexperienced. Much as I wanted those witches I don't want a big ass capstone monster made of feather effects my inept hands will shatter when I sneeze while painting it.

imgur.com/a/RVX0U

I painted my gorm today!

Hard plastic models are surprisingly tough user. Really and truly the only thing I've had issues with in terms of breakage on hard plastic minis are antennas. Long, thin bits that protrude off the top and get bent when you drop the mini. The rest of the model is fine afterwards.

>tfw to intelligent to trust fate

I'm sure thats the case but it really did look made out of the weaker bits.

Shipping With Little Rime or Reason subedition.

>What expansion are you most hyped for, and why isn't it the Abyssal Woods?
It used to be Abyssal Woods but by now my new bias for hype is pretty clear.

KDM models are made of plastic, not KD's typical resin. Far, far more sturdy a material. KDM models are also generally simple to assemble.

I was just thinking a promo based on Kiss shot/Shinobu would have fit really well with KDs aesthetic.

A shame it seems Poots isn't a fan of M.

You don't have to post it every thread user, especially if there's nothing new.

*Monogatari

That looks really nice, the only critique I have is that the color of the skin in the spine should be more pinkish.

I went with a rust red to give him a sort of raw meat/fetus look. It and the flesh color actually blend better IRL. Photography kind of kills that and makes it look like the outermost flesh tone takes over most of it.

To add to it: Also went for that meaty low-poly fleshmonster look some of the beasties from Half-Life 1 and Quake 1 had back in the day.

>Kingdom Death was once a game

Wait, what? There's an actual game?

You've been out of the loop my friend, the kickstarter just ended for the 1.5 update and new expansions.

I like it, how'd you do the eyes?

The boy is just really excited that he gets to work on it, user. Besides who can complain about that THICC goodness?

D-Did you not know that?

Oh, user. Poor, sweet baby user. Of course it's a game.

After tonight I'll be dropping the trip and only using it when I have anything notable to post relating to it. Can you really blame me for being excited, though?

I painted the eyeballs and lure with Exile Blue, then went over with a layer of Cygnar Blue Highlight- thinned out and didn't go all the way to the edges like with Exile Blue. Then, I grabbed my airbrush and poofed some white on the tips of the eyeballs and lure.

By airbrushing, start with a darker coat then work your way up to white.

Keep posting user, I like seeing people excited about their stuff. It's not really that intrusive.

This.
You deserve it, don't let the fags get you down.

Seeing you squee in the KS comments was pretty adorable too.

Don't worry, doesn't bug most of us at all. I'd sure as hell be ecstatic if I got a mini in the game.

P3 paints?

Well yea, but I wanted to know his colour combo too my dude.

Funny thing is I actually vaguely remember your genderbeltbra commission at some point. That's what made the promo art stick out as super familiar to me.

Then it all clicked. Nice.

Yup. For the eyeballs I used p3's, then use Vallejo Game Air's white.

Bought a pack of Vallejo Game Air fleshtones (complete with Angel Giraldez tutorial inserrt!) and metals a couple weeks ago. They're coming in handy. Vallejo game/model air metallics are a lot like how GW metallics used to be, on a side note.

The rust red wasn't part of these packs, though. I bought that along with white and Blood for the Blood God at some point around that same time.

>Can you really blame me for being excited, though?
Nah, I cannot.

>Vallejo Game Air fleshtones
That looks pretty based for KD. I haven't worked with p3 before but they look to do a fine job.

Thanks for all the info.

>tfw no storm knight expansion

what the fuck famalams

>tfw no ringtail fox
>tfw no young survivor male

It's like he doesn't care for the anime demographics.

Those fleshtones are a godsend. They have most of the tones you'll ever need.

P3's skintones are a joke compared to these. Anytime!

>tfw no fox
>no storm knight
>no white lion knights
We did get these badass mugganuggas though.

Call me new but who are you?

Look at that glorious codpiece.

LOOK.

It's one of my favourite designs right now.

That belly ring lantern is such a nice touch too.

So I'm extremely inexperienced with model building but I am now going to have a lot of free time and want to really make a go at assembling the base game I have (And my bloodbowl figures too, not that they'll ever do more then collect dust) while I wait for the rest to arrive, but while I wait I'm trying to think of skills to look up and tips so I can be as ready as possible and am trying to get a list going for my orders.

Male Dung Beetle Dancer
Female Dung Beetle Dancer
Feathery/silky effects of boa
fleshtone
beetle hide
gossamer?

Satans
Tongue/Penistone

Disciple of the Witch

Red Witches
Nice cloth texture
black armour

Male Nightmare Ram Armour
Lighting effects

Pond Scum
Water (already have so much)

Honeycomb Weaver
Bee fluff

Honeycomb Weaver Pinup
Fake honey

Male Pinup Goblin
Gold
Bone

Any suggestions for any of this or other stuff I should worry about?

No, there isn't. There is just some guy taking your money and maybe at some point making a game.

So... I missed the last thread while I was typing out this, and I am still a dirty little pleb, but... Does anybody have a full version of the pic of that naked chick with the lantern? It needs to be added to a folder, and while I am not sure WHICH folder, my need still stands.

>Red Witches
>Nice cloth texture
>black armour
Black latex too. The cloaks wear bodysuits.

Mai waifu

Man, how'd I miss that. Good point.

Now I'm even harder. So hype for those. I really want them to be a good fight.

Where do I actually read up about the rules and see pics of the models and such?

Has anyone been charged yet and then sent a pledge manager or whatever to choose your add-ons? I could have sworn I saw a screenshot of one user picking out his add-ons but I've only received the email saying that I was charged by kickstarter and nothing else.

What monster has the best fight in all of KDM and its expansions?

I appreciate the kindness, mates.

I'm just some git who loves kingdom death, giving out free things to the Veeky Forums community on holidays when I can afford it, and apparently Poot's Favorite.

Some time ago, I made a request to have an OC of mine drawn as their survivor incarnation in a KDM campaign.

An Anonymous obliged, produced Pic Related for me, and declined giving out an art site or blog when asked about it.

Later on in email chats with Poots about different things, I showed the art to Poots and he thought it was neat. (I even specified that it was Anonymous that drew it)

Flashforward to two days ago, when Poots revealed the Anonymous Survivor wanderer promo content out of fucking nowhere, still true to my character's design.

Poots is now going to have me provide feedback for the model, and help work on the microexpansion content the promo comes with.

It's kinda mag-fuckin-neato.

Charged but no manager.

How much should one pay for model painter? Whats thinking of offering $15 Base pay + Appreciation tip per human model and $30 + Appreciation tip for Monster models I.E Death Chicken, Watcher, Etc.

The monster size will drive the price up. No way in hell will someone paint the Death Chicken/Dragon King/Sunstalker/Gryphon for the same price as a Watcher.

Anonymous is happy to help and will link to the MEGA.
mega.nz/#F!WpB0VJhB!KS3q6INY0vT8IPdtKc9aPQ

You should start simple and then work your way up the painting food chain. Leave the dung beetles for last - there's precious few ways to get good looking iridescent effects. My suggestions, assuming you're talking about painting (which it sounds like you are):

-Learn the basics. If you can figure out how to do flesh, meal, eyes, and leather you can handle like 90% of the minis. Those are by far the most important three to look up.

-Learn the basics. Wet palette, highlighting, ink washes (useful for a beginner), priming, color theory, and light theory.

-For shiny metals, it's easiest to start off just using metal paints like the Vallejo stuff. Non metallic metals are something best left for later.

Thank you. You are a scholar and a gentleman. Now I just need to figure out if it goes in the Art folder or the Spank Bank...

Depends on what you're asking. I usually charge $25/mini for something 28mm and human sized, with moderate effort put in. Special effects like lighting, NMM, chrome sky earth and so on cost more.

$30/monster is way too low. No one is going to paint up the phoenix for $30, at least not to a high standard. I'd charge a hell of a lot for the Death Chicken given how large and complex it is.

I think it's fucking cool user. I didn't realize she had the gender change belt around her chest, which has made it an instant buy for me. I'm trans so I'm a sucker for anything gender fuck-y.

I went to the Kickstarter and I still have no idea what the fuck this game is about or how you play it. All I can tell is the artwork seems to be borderline hentai and I can't play it with anybody.

>mega.nz/#F!WpB0VJhB!KS3q6INY0vT8IPdtKc9aPQ
Much obliged!

Is the kickstarter still ongoing, or is that only for expansions now? Can I pick up a core set of the game online already?

As a art retard. What should I offer. Min? Max?

Oh yeah, no. I have no aspirations to go right into these. just, I'm unemployed and moving in a couple months, so free time, and then there'll be resettling so more free time, and then waiting for releases. The good shit will be last. I have the perfect test subjects for my failing.

It's just, in a perfect world where I actually work out skills, I'd like to know what to look forward to trying down the road. Good to know, though.

Cool beans. I'm just really happy that people seem to like her more than hate her. I'm sure the KDM curves help with that.

Rime is the female counterpart to my namesake elfboy character, who was the original survivor in the KDM campaign. We drew Strange Spot and he was forced into it, much to the amusement to the group. At least I rolled high for those tasty stat bonuses.

Will the illuminated Man have a visible dick?

Phoenix you can maaaaybe persuade someone to do for $50 if they're like a good friend and you aren't asking for a complex paint job. Realistically you should expect $75. It's so big that anything more than the basics means the artist will have to sink a lot of time into it, and nice looking feathers can be a huge pain in the ass.

I personally would not touch the Death Chicken for less than $100, and would probably go much higher given its massive size along with being probably the single most complex model in KD, behind only True Satan. I have yet to be commissioned for something of that size but I think I'd ask for $130-50.

For a decently complex human miniature (say, Rawhide/leather complexity) you can probably get away with $20 as long as you're only looking for a solid, but not incredible, paint job. They might do $15 if they're cheap or looking for work.

For monsters, it depends on the size. Small monsters will likely be $30. Mid-size $50. Large $75+ though those are conservative estimates. Much like tattoos, prices will vary between artists and how much work you want done and the complexity of what you're asking.

Post pics of your most interesting survivors and what happened to them.

Above is an old Green Savior tank of mine called "New New River." You can guess what happened to "New River" and "River." New New River was pretty awesome because, after killing a lvl 3 Butcher, she got the brilliant idea of carving her own face off, creating a butcher mask and making her settlement the only one in hundreds of hours of play time where I've actually had access to the Mask Maker settlement location. She died fighting the Goblin's Steed because, apparently, Green Savior, Lantern Armor, Hours Ring (early settlement and I sucked at rules), Monster Grease, and a God Mask weren't nearly enough to let her tank that monstrosity. Her settlement died shortly after she did, but I found her notable enough to bash some plastic bits together in her name.

As a hobbyist that is considering starting to take comissions, what is the best way to find clients?

I suck at the Internets. How do I rotate these images?

I'm sorry user, but it seems that you are a faggot.

So are all the faces on the ground humans that haven't awoken yet? I assume that's why everyone has a founding stone when they first find themselves in the darkness with their lanterns.

None painter as well but someone mentioned Zenithal priming, which after researching, seems to be fairly retard proof. Wouldn't do this for my pinups though.

I mean it needs to have a visible dick otherwise he would be just like a starting survivor.

Nope, just carved stone faces

I guarantee you Storm Knight and White Knights will be a part of Kingdom Death: Labyrinth.

I like it, but I'm thinking that I may fill in the holes on the belly with green stuff. The photoshops of the holes on flesh gives me the hibbie jibes.

Well, the Scribe does, so at least it's not gonna be a problem with the artists.
If it's like the Scribe, maybe there'll be an option to put a loincloth, I guess?

It'd be pretty stupid, though. Especially given the whole point of this game using KS was to get away from that sort of stupidity.

Who knows. The Poots works in mysterious ways.

Seriously with armour this good how could anyone choose pepedog over the honeycomb weaver?

Every time I read "White Knight" I keep thinking fat dude with fedora... it's kinda embarassing at this point.

I've been wondering this for some time.
The way I see it, if KD is the afterlife and it's a bit like Wraith : The Oblivion, then everything is made of the souls of the deceased. The ground, the monsters, everything is soulstuff molded and shaped (by the Scribe?)
Some souls go straight to the thrash heap to be used as basic stuff, like the ground. Some gets to wake up and play, like the Survivors.

I don't do tons of commissions, but starting a blog/website where you post your work is good to build up a portfolio and show off your skill. I play a lot of D&D and so my commissions have mostly come from other D&D players looking to get their characters painted up nice.

Yeah, grinding phoenixes with a savior to get an hours ring to save said savior, then realizing that said savior cannot wear said ring.

...Shit.

Also spiral age can suck my dick.

Abyssal woods made me go from 750 to 1015, in my donation, I'd say it's pretty fucking high on the list for me.

I'm of the impression that KD is a creation story, not an afterlife story.

I got it too, but in terms of the FIGHT I want to see, I'm much more excited for Ivory Dragon.

1) silver city
2) THICC witches

I'm all about that flower witch and the disciples myself. Considering this will be the second set of them I own.

Ivory Dragon's artwork reminded me of this.

KD is a world trapped in the empyrean- a chaos world.

I ordered a set of them from chinaman like a week before it was announced. At least they'll make cool D&D minis.

I mean yeah it's probably a pretty accurate depiction of life on a more isolated Daemon world.

Why not both though? I mean look at how easily Ragnarök was adapted into a prequel to the Bibles creation story.

So after Chatting with Ekoi about my Pledge I'm thinking I'm gonna not pick up the Lonely Tree...Makes for some interesting events occasionally but from what I understand its usually little more than terrain.
So that leaves me with $50 to play around with, I'm definitely thinking about the red witches. Assuming they don't let us kick up our pledges one more time, And I'm already getting
>Gold Lantern, Abyssal woods, Frogdog, Honeycomb Weaver, Oblivion mosquito, Dung beetle knight, Flower knight, Spidicules, Pinup dungball, PU Dung beetle dancers (both), PU DB knight, PU Frogdog armor, PU Honeycomb weaver, PU Pond scum armor, user Survivor & Pathfinders of death

What would you suggest for the last 50 dollory-doos?

Be aware that some of the Recasters from China are scaling down the Flower witch, I have a recast that looks to be about 80% the size of a normal one, with thinner legs. The diciples you almost can't tell the difference though (except the fake felt more rough to the touch)

The best way to save them is to try and trap a lion in an infinite understanding loop and then hope you roll ageless.

Get the Male dragon goblin 3 times

I only got the disciples. The first two came the other day and other than the rock-paper-scissors guy's arm scales being all fucked up, they're a good 9/10, with just some very minor flaws.

Also, spend that $50 on Screaming God.

>please pledge responsibly
No

Black Knight, Screaming god, or two more Wanderers

Should be Changed to "Doth thou hoist?"

Dost thou hoist.
Doth is third person.

Fair.
I feel Candy and Cola would be the only one I'd rally want out of more wanderers, (kinda wish he had offered a "Build your own" set for them but I understand that may lead to overall balance issues).
Black knight might not be a bad one though considering I already have the flower knight and the Dung beetle knight in mind to order.