theonyxpath.com/the-long-solo-vampire-the-requiem/
sendspace.com/file/8hwdwf
www18.zippyshare.com/v/aml96KdG/file.html
sendspace.com/file/ix0730
(Thanks anons)
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/peering-forward-along-the-onyx-path-2017-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
Why do you fucking inbred retards shitpost so?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.rpg.net/archive/index.php/t-217024.html
actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/2010/03/genre/horror/world-of-darkness-candle-cove/
actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/slender-man-campaigns-and-one-shots/
vtm.kismetrose.com/sc/storytelling/Storytelling23.html
youtube.com/watch?v=YBr55_UCfik&t=7208s
strawpoll.me/12072083
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

IGNORE APSEL

Changelings are insanity powered otherkin
Werewolves are Rage powered otherkin
Beasts are psychopathic otherkin
Vampires have mommy daddy issues
Prometheans have Abandonment Issues
Hunters are kids with guns
Mages are kids with nukes
Mummy are amnesiacs with Nukes
Demons are marysue technophiles
Sin Eaters need to go on a diet
and
Deviants need to get out of bed its past noon

Monstergirl: The Meme splat when?

>ABUSE ASPEL

the stupid fat tranny bastard

Skinhead: the Curbstomping when?

why do Changeling shitposts have nothing to do with the game

Got Hunters Hunted in the post today. The postman is obviously an illiterate Aspel, because the large print DO NOT READ on the envelope was too difficult to parse. After I unfolded the book, I can gladly say this is the best 1st edition V:tM book I ever read. Good art, good fiction, useful items. Not hard to see why they revisited it for V20, but fucked if I'm paying ~$40 AUD plus postage for a shitty copy. I want to revisit the past, not reward the mediocrity that is Onyx Path Poo-ductions.

Fuck you Aspel.

>Why do you fucking inbred retards shitpost so?
I've been thinking about the Stryx as a metaphor for sock puppet trolling and/or identity theft.

What dread powers should I give them to be an Aspel tier abominationfrom the Dark Place?

Retard Strength
Horrid Visage
Infinite Shitpost

Dunce Armor:: 3/3 armor and +2 resistance to mental compulsions

Don't forget a Special Snowflake variant of Cruac that doesn't cap Humanity, because that's just totally unfair but don't call me whiny for complaining about it you whiners

>Supernatural Merit: Inanity of The Infinite Chan
>Aspel is literally blessed with an literal inability to see when he is literally talking out of his ass, literally. Unfortunately this literally causes a literal -3 to all social interactions, literally (not metaphorically, not allegorically, literally literally)

>>Question

Because I am Aspel's long lost brother, and I must uphold the family honor by shitposting in the name of all that is Aspel.

Literally.

The Storyteller may assign this merit arbitrarily.

Seers are best waifu

Anti-Aspel posting is the worse than Aspel at this point imho.

Agreed.

So how many of you make your Worlds of Darkness contain as many splats as possible? Do Vampires rule the dark while Mages sit in their towers, and Prometheans lurk in the edges while Changelings come to grips with their new lives?

>Vampires
>ruling anything

For CofD, everything except Mages and God-Machine affiliates exist, though some splats are less common than in the "official setting". The Uratha are pretty rare because the Shadow is a bit "quieter", but Sin-Eaters and ghosts are more common, for example. I also include some random beasties from Hunter and alternate versions of vampires and werewolves.
For oWoD there are only vampires, werewolves, weird demons and a few mages, but Imbued also show up.

Since you have a handle on rough numbers, what are some numbers for population? I know for vamps it's something like 1/50,000 or 1/20,000, but what for Uratha or Changelings and the others?

In CofD, "officially" vampires are maybe 1 in 10000, with a much higher ratio in cities, changelings more or less the same thing, werewolves 1 in 50000, mages 1 in 100000 and Prometheans number globally in the low thousands, from what I remember. It's been a while since I last saw the numbers. Supernaturals tend to be rarer in oWoD.

Do you realise you're anti-anti-Aspel posting?
Anti-anti-Aspel posting is the worse than anti-Aspel at this point imho

forum.rpg.net/archive/index.php/t-217024.html

So basically in say, NYC, there's what? 1,800 or so Kindred then, plus 1,800 or so Changelings, plus just under a thousand Uratha, and then a few hundred mages

That's a median. Some cities might be weighted outliers, and NYC is a prime candidate for that being the so-called 'capital of the world' it makes sense if those numbers were higher to reflect that.

I fit in every single one in a setting but I don't have them necessarily appear in every single game in that setting. They're all dealing with their own issues to crossover regularly or at all a lot of the time.

They're all vaguely aware of each other, with some individuals closer than others, but usually the most another splat may have about the other is just general cautions like, "can enslave you with their blood", "will kill perceived threats to territory," and "asshole wizards, avoid at all costs".

I, for one, am anti-anti-anti-anti-Aspel posting. Shame on you!

Has anyone ever done a Golgonda Chronicle (VtR 2e specifically, but I'll take 1e or Masq stories too). How'd it pan out? Any advice?

I'm going to rush five resilience and throw myself into comical situations to ruin the tone of this chronicle

I'm playing the X Card on you. This is an official anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-Aspel post. I ask you to respect my personal boundaries.

The Abyss is the only waifu I want

Life and Spirit yo

I don't understand your memes

Ruin it...or make it better?

They're forced down your throat by a fucking pleb. Don't they taste like shriveled dick to you?

Hey, so, I'm prepping up for a Vampire game, and I think I'd like to plan out the city a little more than I usually do when running a game. I've already got a copy of Damnation City, are there any other helpful city building books I should look at?

On a related note, would anyone know any lesser-known cities that would be around major military bases in the United States? I'm gonna go do the googling, but if anyone just happens to know some off the top of their head, that'd be cool too.

Does anyone know some good podcasts that go really deep into a game or that are particularly fun to listen to? I've gotten the urge to play this but I don't have the time or contacts to get an actual game going

I want to run a mage game that focuses on mysteries and self reflection rather than the salvation of the Fallen World or war with the Seers. Whats the best place to start?

If you don't mind Creepypasta as a thing, RPPR's Candlecove/Slenderman campaign is fun, though incomplete:

actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/2010/03/genre/horror/world-of-darkness-candle-cove/

actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/slender-man-campaigns-and-one-shots/

Unfortunately i've already listened to both of those. The Candlecove one was awesome though

2e Mage Core, then maybe pick up Astral Realms from 1e. You may want to pick up the Legacy books from 1e as well, since Legacies are all about self-discovery.

Have you tried the Insanity We Truth podcasts yet? There's a Mummy and a Werewolf one.

>Thai Cuisine

Every goddamn time, that never fails to make me laugh.

This is an ancient article, but it contains timeless wisdom on fleshing out a city;

>vtm.kismetrose.com/sc/storytelling/Storytelling23.html

This is amusing, if only because of how collosally bad the neonates screw the pooch.

youtube.com/watch?v=YBr55_UCfik&t=7208s

Black Dog revival when?

Oh, this is good stuff, thank you!

(OWOD)

Okay, so let's say I start characters as Mortals and they have to earn the goddamn embrace after a period of Ghoul-hood (free Potence!!).

What do they get added to their sheet when they get the Embrace? Just the Disciplines and Clan Flaw? Or do they get a few extra dots here and there to reflect that they are now More Human Than Human, thank you Dr. Rob Zombie?

>pic unrelated

I'm kind of pissed off at nWoD for not giving approximate stats.

Assuming I have a city of roughly 300,000 people and a fairly busy center of commerce (think Boulder or a less-tech-oriented Seattle), what kind of power should I give the following NPCs:
5 Primogen
1 Prince
4 Seer Minsters
5 Heads of the Pentacle
Head of Regional Division of TFV
Head of Local Branch of Cheiron Group

I was thinking of something like 5 dice for the supernatural without specialties, and 7 dice for their supernatural/specialty stuff? I dunno, vs a group of Mages/Hunters/Princesses, is that too OP or not enough? I've never ST'd nWoD before.

The entire point of CofD is to tone down the "this is the way the game is" stuff and turn up the "here are tools you can use or not, do whatever the fuck you want". If you want a well defined world you should take a look at oWoD

Specifically, I'm wondering what powers I should give the vamps. I've played Mage before, so I can eyeball them.

Like, how would a Primogen of the Ordo be different from a Primogen of the Ventrue from a powers perspective?

Nice dubs, but as I clarified, I would like to be able to say
"Okay, you guys deduced that you've pissed off a Gangrel biker gang, the Totenkopfen. Three of them dismount - two are wrapping chains around their fists, while the third is carrying a hefty tire iron. Another shadow steps out of the recessed doorframe. The atheletic man bows towards the bikers. "The Ventrue wish to inform our Gangrel brethren that we're going to assist them in their fight against the Enlightened and the Hopeful." With that he turns around to the group and smiles at them, fangs glittering in the night."

And having said all that, how do I know:
>what powers they have
>what dicepool to use
>what do the powers do
>etc
Mind you, this is assuming I don't want to full flesh out the NPCs with a character sheet.

What I do have is someone else system where I assign a rating of 1-5 for NPCs, and they get their rating in skills they're not good at, and 2x their rating at skill that they are. But it still doesn't answer my question of powers and power results.

Me on the left

Well if you go with the 6/4/3 and 11/7/5 spread that humans and ghouls get then yes you should give them some extra points

But then again humans and ghouls don't get 21 freebies?

>What powers do they have
Gangrel have the following disciplines: Animalism, Protean, Resilience
Ventrue have: Animalism, Dominate, Resilience

Animalism allows them to command animals. Typical dicepool: Presence + Animal Ken + Animalism
Resilience makes them resistant to damage, i.e. increases Health and it allows them to soak. No dicepool, just Vitae expenditure.

Protean allows vampires to shapeshift (into bestial things). No dicepool, just Vitae expenditure.

Dominate allows them to hypnotize and mind fuck their victims. Usual dicepool: Presence + Persuasion/Intimidation + Dominate vs. Resolve + Supernatural Power Stat. Usually no vitae expenditure required. But they do get penalties when they use it in combat.

As for dicepools, that sort of depends on how competent you want them to be. I'd say: neonates 4-6 ancillae 6-8, and elders 8-10. (This is for disciplines)

Vampires can furthermore:
Heal damage by expending vitae (1 vita: 1l/2b).
All mundane sources of damage only deal Bashing damage to vampires.
They can spend vitae to enhance a physical dicepool with +2 for a turn.

There's also a neat trick called Lashing Out, but if you're not interested in reading up on shit to much, I wouldn't bother.

I'm sorry, add 2 to those dicepools, I'm being retarded.

Oh shit, thanks so much!

But I'm still salty that Onyx Path/White Wolf just didn't include something like this in the Storytelling thing in the core Vamp book.

Whatever. Thank you!

Well, you're simply a lazy fuck. But you're welcome anyway.

I would question that harsh judgment. I don't feel I need to read the whole Vamp book and then generate full NPCs to represent the enemies in a crossover game. The vamps are there to be the "bad guys" of the campaign.

True, you don't need to read the whole book. You could at least scan the disciplines to figure out what they do generally and what kind of dicepools are involved. You could at least have a look at the clans to see what their spread is. You couldn't even be bothered to do these basic things, judging by your request. So, no: that wasn't a harsh judgement. You're a bit of a lazy fuck. But that's alright. The best STs usually are.

Your blessed quad-trips fill me with confidence.

I am trying to read as few rules as possible so that I avoid the pitfalls of D&D. I take your blessing to heart.

Have one of the NPCs, who is a sister of one of the PCs. She's a cop and likes to be tied up.

The assumption is that you'll have familiarized yourself with the book first.

I don't see how reading as few rules as possible will help you avoid the pitfalls of D&D. Reading as few rules as possible is a terrible way to run a game, as it means you don't actually know how to run the game.

The assumption is that a narrativist game can avoid the pitfall of D&D that instead of looking up the actual rules for grappling, I can say "all right, Dex+Brawl." The only thing I was having an issue is that I didn't want to read yet ANOTHER book, considering I already read Core nWoD, MtAw, Vigil, and Princess. 4 books is enough, considering I only wanted the vampires for antagonists.

What's the general opinion on Genius: The Transgression? Good ideas with bad execution? Too unfocused thematically to make it stand out? I'm all ears.

Shit

Should I sleep with the probable Seer agent?

You wouldn't be the first Pentacle member to do so. Why the hell not.

Become a seer agent.

Loyally serve your Exarch overlords.

CofD isn't narrativist, it's just not super crunchy. I'd call it rules medium.

> I only wanted the vampires for antagonists.
Then Vampire: The Requiem isn't a book you should read. Give the vampires whatever singular powers you feel are reasonable. Vigil already gives you rules for creating monsters. If you were playing 2e, the Chronicles of Darkness corebook also gives monster creation suggestions.

Is there a Discord or the like for oWoD?

They say a man's semen has a lot of correspondence

I'm feeling like playing a game. What should I play?

*Running a game. What should I run?

I made a strawpoll to check interest on games that I might want to run. Come vote if you want to play.

strawpoll.me/12072083

>no demon

what are you, gay?

I just had a Demon game run down due to the holidays and people bailing. Not interested in repeating.

Which book is this from?

ignore x

Subsidiaries: A Guide to Pentex, specifically the Black Dog Games chapter.

anyone have that pdf where someone reads through and summarizes days of fire?

user, what part of that post do you feel needs to be ignored?

Hey /wodg/,

My group will at some point, when we get done with the current arc in our Pathfinder game, be playing Mage: The Awakening. The only experience I have with WoD is Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines and reading the White Wolf wiki. The only experience I have with TTRPG period is 4 sessions with this group in Pathfinder.

Where do I start when making a character?

Are you guys playing 1e or 2e?

You can start by creating a mortal character, forgetting about the mage part entirely for the beginning. Then you can pick a path based on your characters background and ideals which determines what kind of magic you can cast.

Or, start by choosing what kind of magic you want to play around with, what kind of symbols your character uses, and figure out what path that corresponds to. For example a healer would be life, so normally a thyrsus. Then you can look at the stereotypes of thyrsus and build the character accordingly.

The book has a fairly clear char creation guide

I'm not 100% sure yet, I think 2e, but like I said not 100% sure. Is there a severe difference?

Characger concept.
Have a good idea for a character and go from there. However there to be fluid in your concept, as there will be elements you won't be able to replicate in the system.

Mage has the potential to provide horrendously broken characters, so it's important to keep your design in mind, when faced with the various bullshit powerful options.

Try to make the game more than a blatant masturbatory power wank. Though the fact your group is coming from Pathfinder doesn't really instill me with much confidence with regards to that.

Ok, that sounds good. I was reading through the various paths and different arcanas and I was getting a little overwhelmed. That seems like a good way to focus things.

>Try to make the game more than a blatant masturbatory power wank.
While I'm not trying to make a guy who can't do jack shit, the actual roleplaying aspect interests me far more than just blasting shit with magic.

You literally aren't allowed to spend some of your xp on anything except magical abilities anyway so you can't really be useless. You would have to work hard to make a character concept that was really weak.

Very severe. What does the book look like? It should say "second edition". If it talks about Obsessions and Beats, it's 2e.

But as other people are saying, having a character concept is good.

Stupidest idea ever?

you should probably do another poll with only the most popular options of the first poll, imo

This is just an interest check, I'm not just going to take the most popular one and run it.

do you have any preference for gamelines that you would run?

I voted Mage because it's the best game ever and I'm basically a Mage

Gotcha.

We play over roll20 and at this stage he's just emailing about it.

Minor ones, enough that it's within the top 3-4 instead of just the top one or me choosing.