How does your setting look at violence and murder directed at kids and those that commit it?

How does your setting look at violence and murder directed at kids and those that commit it?

They are made Heroes of the Peoples.

It doesn't fetishize it.

Why is this of interest to you?

>and those that commit it
Well, you can't punish the PCs everytime for it, can you?

Very, very poorly.

When I ran a Fallout game, someone who killed a kid was rewarded with the child killer perk, meaning he had a sizable amount of caps on his head, dead or alive, preferably alive so they could make an example out of him.

It's my headcanon that the radiation in Fallout makes healthy children extremely rare, and killing one is like killing a unicorn. Or is it canon? Either way it's part of my take on the overall setting.

It's particularly merciless. Even against their enemies, the peoples of my world try not to be too merciless. They realize you tend to get what you give.

> Radiation
> In Fallout
Where and when is your game set?

Don't.

Well, there are two methods of dealing with things, but in the meantime, you will be jailed until the regional judge can take a ride down here, and then he'll decide how much you're to be fined. Barring that you'll fall a short distance at a long drop.

Like the real world, it's only a war crime if you lost and don't have powerful friends.

Fortunately, the youth of the wastes is not averse to pickpocketing primed explosives from naked strangers.

SPBP

My character throws rocks at brats if they're being annoying. Not little girls though, obviously.

Yeah, he rapes those

They said they couldn't come up with a non-tasteless pic for that.

Why didn't they just use a blood-stained rattle or teddy bear?

Hitting kids is okay, because it's a regressed society and it is "pedagogic".
Killing kids is fucking abhorent and whoever does it gets put on the chopping block/serves a short life sentance digging a mine.

Because this is funny.

>not grooming them to be perfect wives in the future

Depends on the culture.

On the surface, people get outraged and furious. The culprit is captured and held in custody for ages, interviewed and grilled so that the populace can see how depraved and insane they are.
Some people blame the advancement of cybernetic technology for giving people delusions of absolute moral authority, the Matrix for blunting the new generations to how the real world works and megacorporations for taking power out of the hands of the police and thus making it possible for criminals to get away with depravity like that even in the modern day, where technology should be used to make the world a safer place.
Other people claim that the blame lies with a society that demonizes the technology that's given health, freedom of speech and prosperity to so many people, and that being called a blunted Matrix addict simply for being a part of the new generation is bound to damage and warp people.
In the end, though, a post-crisis society in which pollution is being stymied, soyfood is keeping back starvation, nano-constructed buildings have raised living standards all over the world and megacorporation lobbyism has strengthened welfare, the economy and education, though, people are always looking for something to get angry and outraged about, or alternately something to make them feel like they're making a difference in an increasingly pointlessly postmodern society.
That means that the media conglomerates will likely cooperate with the increasingly corrupt government in order to turn the killer into a celebrity and the child into something between a martyr and a product at the level of a Che Guevara T-shirt, and in the end they'll be released under great fanfare to prolong the shitfest. After that, simflicks and BTLs claiming to "address real issues" will float around the Matrix, in reality only giving sexual relief to blunted postmodern youths and giving self-hating reactionaries something to be furious about in a world that doesn't need them.

Something of a taboo.

But it happens all the time, though few folk would admit to it.

Any supervillain specifically targetting children and their lives is going to have about half of the other villains very quickly selling them out to the heroes and the heroes will put him veery deep into prison. Or if he by some accident targeted anywhere within a block of where other villain's children often happen to be, he is going to get his ass backstabbed and murdered on the first occasion.

Still, not as bad as trying some mind-control scheme, that gets you picrelated the moment anybody finds out.

In a war with outsiders? Like this . Within the society, it's a hangin'.

(Sadly) underrated post, right here.

Exactly what posts in this thread have fetishized child murder?
The only thing I haven't seen Veeky Forums fetishize is child murder. Sexual violence, pedophilia, child rape, systematic oppression of an entire gender and handholding yes, but the closest I've seen Veeky Forums get to fetishizing child murder is the Nechronica threads.
And even then, I know that they're not getting off on it because I know at least one person who does, and it's pretty fucking easy to tell the difference.

I think it's more like user has dealt with those creepy fuckers, which is why he said (Sadly) underrated. Personally, I've also had problems with shit like this before (edgelord loli-fag that get's off killing and raping other loli's). Fucking worst one shot I've ever played, and I'm not friends with any of those fuck heads anymore.

You can actually roll up "pedophilia" and "child rape" with "violence directed at kids", as it is also implied in OP's post.

But my remark wasn't directed at Veeky Forums in particular. It was more towards Veeky Forums, and some people on the internet in general. I guess I'm just tired of accidentally falling upon "chinese cartoons" depicting violence directed at kids in a fetishized manner, each time that I'm searching for some vanilla fap material on the appropriated boards.

Which then reminds me of some cringy people I heard of on Veeky Forums, or even had the misfortune of meeting irl, who are almost jerking off in public at the mere mention of their goddamn loli-fueled fetishes.

So yeah. Underrated post because, imho, "fetichized violence against children" is a concept that I would love to see burning forever in a fire, with extreme prejudice.

>They said they couldn't come up with a non-tasteless pic for that.
And yet they did.

Are you me ?!

No. I'm your brother from another mother. I love you man, you're a good person. Always remember that.

Old enough to hold a sword, old enough to be run through with a sword.

Killing anything before that age is a big no no, just leave them to starve or something.

Thanks. May you always walk in righteousness, user.

Depends on the country

Daggerfall has specific laws for child protection that considers them a vulnerable person, but moreover also are considered a property of their father rather than a person with complete autonomy until the age of 13. As such, children as more protected in the context of a "future adult", and therefor it is severely punished anything that is capable of leaving a lasting mark on them, primarily scars, slapping them is fine but cutting or punching them isn't. This has also made sexual intercourse with young girls illegal, as it supposes an irreversible scar for them. When a kid commits a crime their father is the one expected to pay for it

In Wayrest children are also considered vulnerable but besides a heavier punishment upon those who commit crimes against children there is juridically no difference, what is illegal to an adult is also illegal to a child. There is one law that that states that the parents and certain figures such as law enforcement agents or teachers, are allowed to administer physical punishment if appropriate if it doesn't result in injuries, it is unknown why this law is specified since this isn't technically different from adults, who aren't protected against non-injuring attacks. Children who commit crimes are expected to pay for them as if they were adults, but extra-judicially they are often sent to different prisons than those of adults

In Sentinel Children have no special rights and aren't specially protected, thus committing a crime against one is no different from committing it against an adult. If the attacked child is a slave the reparation payment to its owner is increased in a 50% up to 125%, since child slaves are considered more valuable. Although the law states that children who commit crimes are to be punished equally to adults it depends on the judge, some consider a harsher punishment while others are more lenient with children

Anyone who harms the recruitment pool or active duty whiteshields is to be shot as a traitor, then flogged until dead. The family will be billed for burial costs, shipping and handling, and the expenditure of the Emperor's time and ammunition.

what's the punishment for harming a regular recruit?

No, Do. I wanna see where this goes.

>mfw that barbarian player descibes 3/5 of my players

God I love my group.

It's like modern prison in general. Even the inmates don't tolerate those who harm children.

If the kids are corp-babies, the killer is going to have a rough time in jail - unless he's of much higher rank than the kids' parents and manages to get away with a mutation to some less pleasant location. If the kids were street orphans, no one will care, maybe with exception of their gang, but it's not like they're going to do anything about it - kids disappear and die all the time(random violence, drug abuse, sexual abuse, kidnapping...). If they were the kids of some sort of street community, the killer will most likely get lynched - no one's going to waste resources on such scum. Depending on the quality of the neighborhood and it's security, the killer might get a trial and be sentenced to prison, if he's lucky, or death in all other cases.

Shot as a traitor, then flogged until dead. The family will be billed for burial costs, shipping and handling, and the expenditure of the Emperor's time and ammunition.

For active duty soldiers, the Emperor's time includes recruitment, travel (as measured via Terran standard or the martyr's actual time spent in transit, whichever length is greater), training, and active service of the martyred soldier, as his valuable experience has now been lost. In addition, the martyr's family will be billed for the remainder of the martyr's expected service, as 1) they clearly failed to properly pray for his safety, thus robbing the Emperor of a dutiful soldier and 2) the martyr was clearly neglectful of his training, or he would have survived the attack with the ease of a competent warrior.

For pre-recruits and Whiteshields, the Emperor's time is judged as the average expected length of duty. Between all branches of Imperial military service, the average soldier spends 2.34 centuries cleansing the stars of the Emperor's enemies. The martyr's family will not be billed, but is expected to provide a new recruit or pre-recruit within one standard Terran year to continue the fallen warrior's legacy. Exemptions to the standard recruitment age can be made in this case.

>(You)

is suicide considered also a violation of the imperial duty and such it also imposes charges on the family of the ex-soldier?

We have fun and that's what counts, user.

Forgot to say that it's not because they're kids that they are all pure and innocent. The slums are filled with brutal gangs of kids that won't hesitate to kill you to steal your credstick and your chip player. Kids from the slums can be vicious like pit bulls. Gangs also often employ them, because some people still underestimate kids.

Yes. The family of the martyred traitor will have to pay both sets of penalties.

For example, the family of a whiteshield that casts aside his duties and obligations to the Emperor and cowardly robs the Emperor of his service shall be forced to pay for the expected service of the individual and provide a new warrior to take his place.

is the criminal obligation exhausted with the death of the culprit?

more exactly if the martyr has no family or relatives to provide the fine payment

OP made me realize that there are zero children in my campaigns, setting, or main storyline, only references to adults being children at some point in their lives

The Administratum will find and fine the next of kin one way or another*. It is not up to us to understand their ways and means, only to enact the results of their tireless efforts.

*Rumors that Adepts modify birth records to fabricate blood ties are entirely unfounded.**
**If an Adept were to perform such an action, he doubtless has good reason and is merely correcting a mistake*** on the original record.
***The Adepts of the Administratum are infallible and do not make mistakes.

Similar attitude in my gang anarchy setting - kids are gangers like any adults, literal venomous anklebiters in some.

congrats, your games are all set in the EU!

how can other legal systems even compete?

No different to any other

A life is a life, and death is death. All die.

European Union or Expanded Universe?

Shortly after the bombs and the vault project went to ratshit. Like I said, my interpretation so it's much more fucked up.

Oh and that's not counting the strains that reach full strength while still remaining neotenic.
Those can chomp the whole leg right off.

>mfw this used to be me before I got into loli

I didn't realize how bad it was, so many campaigns with no kids. Looking back, the worlds feel dead.

Children wouldn't fit in my story at all, the world is meant to feel dead
>I dislike children to begin with
>children are usually healthy, generally I only find flawed or broken characters to be interesting
>most of the characters are vampires, those that aren't would either despise children, not want to taint them, or not know how to interact with them
>children are bright and optimistic, it'd be like throwing Maldoror into Ponyville

>vampires
>without lolis

Go read/watch interview with the vampire right this fucking instant

You damned lot are even more despicable than furfags. Get out.

And you too ffs

Yes. Bright and optimistic. Absolutely. Just look at those eyes.
She knows someone's going to rescue her any minute now.

JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL

Have you played Nechronica, or even read the corebook?
Nechronica uses child characters to accomplish the exact things that you imply they counteract, and it does it pretty well.
Also, you must never fucking have met a child if you think they're bright, optimistic and healthy. I've grown up swarmed by young cousins, nieces and nephews, and those are the last things most children are. In fact, I hate children as much as you, if not more (it's at the level where I despise their very existence and can barely see them as human beings until they hit the six years old), and that's exactly why Nechronica is so fun for me.

My necrobrother.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And people like you are the reason Nechronica has a bad reputation.
Christ's sakes, I hate to shit on you when you've just declared brotherhood, but you people are worse than the /pfg/. Nechronica wasn't meant to be sexy or cute - it was meant to induce horror by using typically sexy or cute elements in a horrifyingly unfitting setting, and it's explicitly stated that it's that way because the Necromancers are fucked in the head and want to recapture an innocence and vitality that has completely vanished from the world.
I just want to be able to play the fucking game without people thinking I want to ERP, and every /jp/-tier post you people make is making it harder.

user you need to cool off. I just thought it was cool seeing someone else play up Nechronica since it's a fun game my group enjoys. I'm not whoever you're mad, I just like the game too.

>mfw thread is full of closeted pedophiles
I hate you all so much.

It's a blast, but it always gets shat on by people who can't see past the child characters and that one sample replay.
I just find it fun as a horror game, which is why it's starting to piss me off pretty hard when people get stuck in yuri and light necrophilia instead of playing the game as a horror game that intentionally tries to play on the uncanny match-up of despair, child characters and creepily unfitting sexuality.

I don't think they are closeted, user. They are very open about their subhuman tendencies.
Let us get out of this dumb place now.

Amen.

Don't let normalfags get you down, man

>creepily unfitting

I dunno, they're some of the last conscious beings in the setting. And a lot of the fetters/madness have some yuri tones.

You're waay to pussy to use skeletor for reactions.

sage to oblivion

you're gonna need 223 more sages to achieve anything.

Will you calm down already. You're acting like a faggot.

My setting is modern day america with fantasy trappings but not as retarded as shadowrun.

Celebrities lament the fact that they haven't had abortions and federally funded organizations sell neonatal parts.

222 more sages now, Vladimir Nabokov.

>anne rice

holy shit go back to writing fanfiction

You're missing out user.

Children are a precious Gift, as extolled by our benevolent God Emperor, and his Holy Queen.
While it is generally considered fair and dutiful for parents to discipline their children (within reason of course), those who engage in undue violence and murder against the Future of the Empire are criminals of the worse sort!

Thse convicted of such a crime are treated as Traitors, are are binushed to the most cruel of deaths! Their skin is peeled off, and their hands and feet are severed and cauterized. They are then locked in an iron cage and left to hang from the city walls, where they are coated in the rubbings of over ripe fruit, and left to be devoured by the crows and ravens, or until they die of exposure.

Thus is decreed by Holy Writ, and is to be enforced in all the lands of the Iskanthri Empire, even unto the Fiefs of the Giant Lords who swear fealty to the Luminous Emperor

The anime the picture comes from clearly fetishizes child violence and gore.

Actually it was 223 calculated for after my post, so the number was wholly accurate.

Meanwhile you're way late for it to be 222.

Nah, it's not so bad. I can think of way worse animes for that than Black Lagoon.

what about violence to teenagers?

Do you write for Regimental Standard?
Because you should.

Hey, Patrice

If you happen to be reading this thread

I swear that I will make you pay for what you did to your little sister, all those years ago.

Watch your back.

From the age of 7, boys from the peasantry and yeomanry in this Kingdom start military training (as future longbow artillery or pikemen). Noble-blooded boys grow up to become men-at-arms. Considering the shitty eternal war the Kingdom's dying from, killing or abusing conscripts of The King's future army is a grave crime: culprits will be mercilessly hunted down and forced into a penal unit with near-0% chances of survival as compensation.

Boys that turn out to be great warriors tend to have brighter futures, as long as their killings are confined to the battlefield.

Well it is a fantasy setting 150 after demons tried to conquer the world. So population was severely diminished.

For human led kingdoms normal penalty is execution through quartering.

Dwarfs prefer slow drowning.

In elven led countries executioner can apply any type of procedure his mind can imagine as long as he can enact it without going over town's budget. Old elven executioners who survived through demon war can imagine really a lot.

That bitch deserved to die and so did the priest that saved her. Fuck that show.

The doctor deserved to die as well, so did a number of villagers.

forehead is a shit idol m8

unless the kid is possessed then bad very very bad

Funny how most of the people that deserved to die lived.

>that pic
what the hell dude. why would you buy a slave you just put up for sale? you just paid an auctioneer's fee for no reason.

Maybe the cute little loli isn't one of the orphans. Maybe she's a slave that the barbarian has had his eye on and selling the orphans is simply a means to finance his purchase.

The setting has magical girls as an independent Supra-national political power.

Violence against children is seen as fucked up, but also something that is thrust in their face more often by the media.