Tell me your experiences/stories in a full adult group playing with a kid (like 12 years old)

Tell me your experiences/stories in a full adult group playing with a kid (like 12 years old).
How did you handle it?
How did the kid do?
Did it go well/not well? how so?

>Playing D&D
>Younger brother wants to play
>Say yes, make him a barbarian.
>He plays just as well as the adult player's barbarian.

I remember one story where a guy would share stories of his WFRP Guardsman to his younger sister, making him to be her hero. He eventually got her into his game and the GM killed off both their characters unceremoniously.

My only experience with that was a game of D&D 4e at a FLGS when I was visiting my father in the US.
The kid had a 1st level Psion with all physical stats at 18 and all mental stats at 20 and used a very hard-to-read die with several die types displayed on each face. Of course, he always claimed very high rolls.

I called him out on his bullshit, so threw a tantrum and left the table.

*, so he threw

If we're thinking of the same story the younger sisters' character fell off a cliff and the older brother's character lowered his rifle down for her to grab onto but she made a bad roll and accidentally pulled the trigger blowing his head off.

How old was the kid?

haha holy shit, is there a green text somewhere?

That's the story. It's a stupid ruling though; why would the guy extend the butt of the gun out first and not the hell barrel?

First time I'm playing an online game and it's an ongoing VtR game. The kid joins and nobody realises how old he is, 'cause his voice was oddly nazly, like a nerd with a permanent cold. Also, he was oddly mature for a 12 y.o, meaning he was acting like an immature 19 y.o.

He made a fishmalk. Just a straight up fishmalk, even going so far as to dress up his char in a fish costume on the last session.
He was incredibly annoying and blatantly cheated after a while. I mean rolling first and declaring actions according to his result, even going as far as trying the old "rolling dominate first, but now that I failed, I'll phrase my request in a way that will allow me to also roll a Persuade roll." It was infuriating.
But the worst part of all was when he would outright halt the game mid-action when he wasn't involved so he could tell us how he's playing videogames and not paying attention. Everyone would groan and ignore him, but after he interrupted a very serious moment to say "I've been playing this game, Cookie Clicker" everyone went ballistic. It was also the point where we found out he's a kid.

It was shitty and everyone felt crap, except for the kid and the GM. As of now, I refuse entry to my games to anyone under 19.

OP, here is a message for you. If you consider yourself an adult and can't handle a teen, you are not an adult.

I am really bad at such estimates, but probably around 13.

Does punching them count?

All I can do is punch.

How am I supposed to communicate my deep fatherly love like this?

>Neighbor asks me to watch his kid for the day
>Say sure
>My relationship with kids is normally joking around by making fun of them and them making fun of me
>With my neighbor's kid, who I've known since he was a baby, this is on overdrive
>Decide to run a "D&D" game for him
>Really, just run a freeform sort of deal where we both roll d20s and the higher number gets to decide what happens
>He's a knight going down a road
>There's a group of bandits robbing a merchant cart
>"What do you do?"
>"I run up to them and help them steal!"
>"The poor shopkeep panics as he sees you help the bandits!"
>"I call him ugly then punch him in the face!"
>"Sir! Please no!"
>"You're a loser! Who gets robbed? You do, you loser!"
>Make the bandits start chiming in, laughing and mocking the merchant with him
>He turns on them too calling them multiple variations of "stupid", "ugly", and "babies"
>The rest of the day was this big strong knight going around the countryside terrorizing anything in his way while yelling out juvenile insults

10/10 session. Laughed throughout the whole thing with the little bastard.

Who said anything about not being able to handle a teen? I just wanted to hear stories regarding them, there are a lot of bad ones of course, but there's also some actually good players at that surprising young age, I just wanted to hear some thoughts.

Butt of the gun is easy to grip/cling to.

>who gets robbed? You do, loser!

My sides are in eternal space m8

>As of now, I refuse entry to my games to anyone under 19.
Why not 18?

>Who gets robbed? You do, you loser!

Fucking incredible.

What a fucking brat
Can't believe you can stand their punk ass

Pls greentext link

You deserve a paddling bitch.

That session was all in good fun man. Think what you will, but little kid trashtalking is the funniest shit to me. Probably the only reason I miss my old job.

Gonna use his character as inspiration for a villain or something. He's not even chaotic evil or neutral, he's just chaotic dickface.

Could make him an Illithid with dicks instead of tentacles, maybe a wizard experiment gone wrong.

Just as a precaution. I'd rather have a player that just became 19 than one that just became 18 and still has the annoying high-schooler attitude.

pretty good rule