How do I implement gender swapping in a campaign without it being a magical realm?

How do I implement gender swapping in a campaign without it being a magical realm?

Magical Realm refers to inserting content into a game, usually of a sexual nature, that the players are not interested in and have no desire to engage with.

Are your players interested in the idea of gender swapping and willing to engage with it? Then it is not magical realm.

Alternate dimension anomaly trap.

You don't.

Swapping genders implies that you have two static ones.

What you mean is gender scrambling, right?

Include all the horrid ass negatives, from the Dysphroia to the whole Literally just popped your brain in another vat of chemicals, hormones, and of course, dealing with the period when it comes, because holy fuck they won't be prepared.

That, or do what a genius does and give a Vampire the ability to use Midnight Kiss because of the Male virgin ratio.

Nothing stops an opponent from making a virgin sacrifice if he can't find one.

>Include all the horrid ass negatives, from the Dysphroia to the whole Literally just popped your brain in another vat of chemicals, hormones, and of course, dealing with the period when it comes, because holy fuck they won't be prepared.

You fool, this is exactly why this is my magical realm!

No, he means gender swap. Because there's two genders.

By having it happen to the player who doesn't have that fetish.

why?

/thread

Because everyone knows that a swap meet is where exactly two people meet and trade. If more than two people are involved it's called a scramble meet.

Players start in a highly developed magical situation, at or near industrial spellcraft capacity but only when it comes to low-level effects. Little lightning-bolts are thought of much the way one would .22 rifles or 9mm handguns; dangerous but moderate in a world where the mageocratic government can Empower+Maximize+Widen+Bornofthethreethunders a fireball from half a country away. The PCs start out with a pretty easy life; martials are low-borns that can't afford magical training and didn't come by it naturally, treated a bit patronizingly, both as meeker in public eye and as a technically disabled person to be taken care of. The smart ones realize the disparity and are quite capable of taking advantage of surprise and generally having to out-think adversaries who're both supernaturally powerful and dependent on it.

To that end, since you've made low-level magic a normal thing in the setting, things like body-alterations are pretty easily done within one's own species, just Alter Self. There is probably a legal process of Arcane Marking citizens so that authorities can easily recognize individuals regardless of face, as well as the usual Truesight for more experienced enforcers, but you'd need to make it accessible to rookies too. Could also make it a tattoo pattern across the face, make it so that all citizens are given a specific sigil or pattern that retains itself regardless of the form you take.

Now you can sell genderswap potions with a market of youngsters still trying things out, or save up for the service of a Permanency casting to keep it there, or the Really Wealthy that don't want to have to pay upkeep on their bits will probably buy castings or be able to cast a permanent shapeshift of some sort.

You normalize it as a part of the setting. It's no big deal. Doing it as above gives you loads of campaign potential when you contrast where the party started with the places beyond the mageocracy's immediate legal influence.

Cyborg/magical disguise expert.

Either , or make any gender swap ugly or at least non-attractive by default.

If your pic wizard turns into a... sixty year old wrinkled woman, then either your players aren't going to think its magical realm or someone is into grannies.

Ask yourself the question, what kind of story do I want to tell with this or which themes do I want to explore with my players.

Don't just include stuff like this, for sake of doing it.

don't

That is sort of a disingenuous example.

"Swap meets" have nothing to do with the literal definition of swapping, which is to exchange one thing for another. Regardless of what happens a a swap meet, that will always be the definition of swap, so using swap meet in your example is incorrect.

The person is obviously trying to say that they disagree with the assertion that there are only to genders to swap for. Realistically the "gender swap" magic item is actually a "physical sex" swap magic item because it changes your biology and not your psychology. Your parts change, but your consciousness still exists as a dude or dudette or whatever you were before you changed.

Also, you can indeed swap one thing for another from a set, so that swapping isn't exclusive to exchange between only two things, so swap is still correct. Scramble implies more chaos.

>Responding to a post with the picture of an actual bait hook

You don't.

Alternatively, you play with people who can take a joke. And you play it out as a joke, not a fetish-driven scenario.

I know a guy who turned vore material into a neat campaign with fluffy animals and cute witches and nobody minded, because he just run a tongue-in-cheek story everyone enjoyed rather than making it awkward.

You must be new, retarded, or both.

People respond to bait posts with a bait hook. They don't post bait and then attach an image of a bait hook. Or maybe you would because you are actually that retarded.

I think the real question is WHY are you implementing a gender swap? What does it actually accomplish?

Are you just trying to get the players to go on some quest to fix it? Because for the record if I'm a 75 year old wizard who gets turned into an old biddy, my thoughts are "oh, cool- extended life expectancy".

>Shitposting is fine
No it's not. And only a newfag can claim that.

Also, you apparently have no clue what a bait hook is.

>being this buttmad that you fell for bait

Oh-Kay Sen-Pie

Story time? Story time!

There isn't much story, we simply played a fracturated fairy tale. An evil wizard stolen a fair princess with a help of a wolf, which ate the princess whole and run to his master's evil tower. When the party investigated, the wizard cast a curse, turning everyone into fluffy animals. With a help of a cute witch living in a forest the party managed to figure out how get back to human form, but that required saving the princess first and getting her in touch with the handsome hunter who was secretly in love with her.
Hence the entire campaign was about dormouse, beaver, sable and a squirrel trying to save a princess. Was fun, but the GM was a competent guy who openly asked us in advance if we would like to play a fairy-tale scenario that isn't exacly serious either and had plot reasons to do a lot of crazy stuff rather than randomly doing stupid shit.

Is there any plot reason to do that? A LOGICAL reason to do that.

If not - don't.
If yes - go ahead.

Also, as long as you don't sexualise it nor gain a raging stiffy in your pants while running such scenario, it's fine and dandy.

>the curse alters memories and perception
>your physical sex remains the same, but you think and act like the opposite gender, and you and those around you are convinced that you were of the opposite sex prior to the curse

>How to make the most sexist character imaginable: The Idea

I don't get it

>This is basically the goal of transgenderism
Yeah. It's pretty sexist.

Let's just say that to explain this joke it would take to write a book. And a rather boring one

No, the real problem is that until recently, "gender" meant sex when applied to people.

I'll just assume the poster had a brainfart instead

>If I don't get the joke it means others are stupid

Equal chances of it, yeah

also
>now it's suddenly a joke

If you can't tl;dr of the explanation then it's an unfunny joke.

It was always a joke. Not my fault you are too stupid to graps a joke based on gender studies, which is literally impossible to explain, unless you have at least an entry knowledge on the subject.

What? Another butthurt Amerifat who can't afford colledge, so anyone with just about any kind of education of knowledge is "gay" and "snob"?

You're a damage controlling idiot, and for the record not a single speculation you made about me was even close

>There is probably a legal process of Arcane Marking citizens so that authorities can easily recognize individuals regardless of face, as well as the usual Truesight for more experienced enforcers, but you'd need to make it accessible to rookies too. Could also make it a tattoo pattern across the face, make it so that all citizens are given a specific sigil or pattern that retains itself regardless of the form you take.
Auras.

Each person has a unique aura, and aura-reading tech is as common as EMF detectors are here.They are in use in customs all over.

I give it a 4/10, since you got one bite out of it.

Special Bait Cannon?

Gay Bulge.

I'll tell you what I'd like to be pierced by Cu

>without it being a magical realm
There's another way to implement it?

The gender swapping has to have a purpose instead of simply being random and pointless.

Perhaps one of your players has a family curse that requires the sacrifice of a virgin maiden to sate a demon. This character is also the last of his family. The demon's worshipers will seek to kidnap the player, change his gender, and offer him/her to their demon lord.

The player have to infiltrate a gender-restricted cloister nunnery and fail their acrobatics check to hide in the concubine's anus. They wont be able to disguise their way in because of God's wards, so they have to change genders to get it.

Flipping the change would be easy, a woman has to seek audience with the king, whom no woman, save his concubine's, can interact with.

You have to weave it into the plot, user.

>You're poor and stupid if you didn't take gender studies classes in college

How are your job prospects?

this bait. this is some bait. didn't really work super well but gadamn its pungent.

Two bites, one after a bait image reply. I'll upgrade it to a solid 6.

> players play an alternate versions of themselves from a universe where everything is the same but the genders are swapped
> set it up as one of those comic book style 'what if' stories
Done

Current game, I don't really like it, but the setting is some sort of feminist nightmare where folks are forcibly changed to female by the ruling powers. Already two members of the party have been changed. None of it seems magical realm, but more like the DM has a chip on her shoulder over feminism?

I'm not entirely sure, I'm not intelligent enough to properly critique it.

Make it a curse, and the result is not attractive to male or females.

The drow believe women are superior, so if a man is good enough then he is turned into a woman and if a woman is incompetent then she is turned into a man.

Have it as a component without it being a focus. Everyone shits, but, unless you spend a lot of time lovingly describing their excrement, it isn't fetishy.

No, you are intelligent enough that such nonsense is literally below your level of understanding, kind of the same way you don't share the urge to join an ant circle or sniff a dog's arse.

What? No, that's the opposite of transgenderism.

>Be biologically male
>Think and act like a male
>Everyone thinks you're a male

Curse hits

>Be biologically male
>Think and act like a female
>Everyone thinks you used to be a female

It's basically just a dysphoria curse.

It doesn't imply there are two static ones. Your bait is flawed.

You could swap one car for another car, but there are thousands of different types of cars.

>Be a powerful evil warlord
>Have evil demon god as my patron
>Demon demands maiden sacrifices
>Kidnap maidens from around the world
>Heroes come to save maidens
>They bust down my door to get to me
>Cultist have put cursed glyphs on door
>Heroes genders are swapped
>Collect more maidens
>???
>Profit

>Cursed Belts of Gender Change used to be legit curses the party would seek the remove
>Now it's accepted, and played off as either tongue-in-cheek or as something not bad
What are (((WoTC))) and (((Paizo))) trying to tell us?

The party used to be wotc and paizo?

Make it a curse turning from male to woman as it would be. You'd go from being a strong warrior or cunning mage to being unable to lift a sword and mentally incapable to understand even basic spells. Your career would be over.

Is this not the answer you wanted OP? No? Why don't you fuck off with your fetish shit OP

>Why don't you fuck off with your fetish shit OP
It's worse than fetish material, it's SJW material.
>teehee I morphed into a girl
>my thought process is exactly the same and i suffer no strength penalty
>so progressive!

Unless it turns you into a zygote and makes you go from that state to your current state in the space of a second there is no reason for that to happen.

Otherwise you're saying that a woman can put it on for free +4 strength.

Second, people changing their sex for a multitude of reasons is not an unheard of thing in mythology. Of course you're too busy drinking cheap moonshine at the wedding of your sister and Cousin Darryl to read mythology.

>Unless it turns you into a zygote and makes you go from that state to your current state in the space of a second there is no reason for that to happen.
Loss of testosterone will change you mentally. You will become less brave, less aggressive and less confrontational.
>Otherwise you're saying that a woman can put it on for free +4 strength.
I am aware -4 STR isn't a rule anymore (unfortunately). But yes, genderswapping to a man should if anything give you more strength.
>Second, people changing their sex for a multitude of reasons is not an unheard of thing in mythology.
Tabletop games =/ mythology
>Of course you're too busy drinking cheap moonshine at the wedding of your sister and Cousin Darryl to read mythology.
How classist of you.

What says. If it's not your magical realm, do you think the concept is fun? Ask yourself why.

Also, if it would have an impact on the affected character's story, then you might be able to justify it.
For example, a seductive spy player could make use of gender swap ability, as a way to seduce an enemy who's only attracted to the other gender, or to get into a gender-segregated area (covent, etc.)