Last movie you've watched is the setting to your campaign

last movie you've watched is the setting to your campaign
last song you've listened to describes the party's mission
the main characters from the last book you've read (or the one you're reading right now) are the PCs
go

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T7AYD4UirbM
youtube.com/watch?v=WdaMPZtLd_c
youtube.com/watch?v=OAIrWTWJvr4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=TnBAXucIYxg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>last movie you've watched is the setting to your campaign
Bee Movie

>last song you've listened to describes the party's mission
Pomp and Circumstance

>the main characters from the last book you've read (or the one you're reading right now) are the PCs
A C# text book (if you mean novel, that was probably the Death of Ivan Ilyich)

So it's about a bunch of lawyers with families that hate them marching to war in a beehive?

>District 9
>Coming Home
>Kurt Gödel

Rogue One
The Last Battle - Sabaton
>the main characters from the last book you've read (or the one you're reading right now) are the PCs
Republic of Thieves - Scott Lynch

So... a pair of thieves and scoundrels in the dying days of the Galactic Empire fight against the last few remnants of Imperial-controlled crazies, occupying a fortress and their objective is to free the political prisoners inside, with the unlikely help of some Stormtroopers who've realized that the whole Imperial system is fucking gone?

I can dig.

>Magnificent Seven (new)
>Lord Huron - Meet Me In the Woods
>Hammer's Slammers - No real MCs, but could probably work with some random hovertank crew

>A hovertank crew must combat dark, supernatural forces in a Rocky Mountain forest deep in the Western frontier.

Shit, I'd play the fuck out of it. Might take a hovercar instead though, since the Hammer's Slammers tanks are basically bunkers that float and armed with the laser eyes of God.

>>Fist of the North Star
Nice thus far

>>Manowar Sons of Odin
Ok looking good again

>>ehh..The Road
I need to read more books

> Russian movie about the first orthodox russian king

>Sabaton - Primo Victoria

>Hell's Angels - H. Thompson

Sounds nice

Telepathic one legged unicorn aliens battling satanic kittens in tits-and-butts female sumo competition. I guess, I'll have to use FATE.

>Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
>Sufjan Stevens - Impossible Soul
>Dante - Purgatario

This is shitty.

Mad Max
Rasputin by Boney M
American Psycho

So a bunch of yuppie sociopaths journeying across the wasteland to kill an undead Rasputin?

Top Gun

Singing Hill -Harmonics EOLIA-

Elric of Melniboné

So... Elric piloting an F-14, rather than a dragon, going to yet another strange world, but this time it's EXA_PICO instead of some plane of the Moorcock-verse?

Dawn of the Dead, Forever Young (Metal Cover by Pathfinder), A lazy fuckbag and his drunk or fat friends (Einen Scheiß muss ich (I have to do shit) satirical lifestyle book).

Bunch of assholes start a suicide mission to defeat zombies? Zombies are waging a war between soviets and redneck zombies and a bunch of fat, drunk, lazy fuckboys are inbetween?

anyways, sounds good.

Arrival. Ok, we can be pseudo 4th dimensional beings now?

C2C Happy. I guess it'll be about how to be happy even when you loose free will?

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children. ok, I guess it kind of works? they all just... aliens, and other weird shit. 7 legged tentacle aliens. and all kinds of messed up people. great.

Belisarius and co. go to the Ispahan of Ibn Sina in a mission to remove kebab for the glory of the aryan race and the defense of the old traditions of France.

Sounds rad.

the "russian queen" and Rasputin build up a communistic territory, bunch of yuppie-psychos want to re-establish capitalism and bring their lifestyle back.
would play

Setting: I only saw a bit of it, and not even the name, but it was about some sort of cyberpunk wild west, with the big city ruled over by a fella named Woodcutter and his gang, and there was a weird RPG-styled battle sequences.

Music: youtube.com/watch?v=T7AYD4UirbM

Book: one of those Wooster & Jeeves books.

So i guess Wooster and Jeeves are now professional hitmen running zany schemes in not!Wild West accompanied by a ethics-obsessed woman and her excessively jealous betrothed?

The characters continuously go back in time to save a train from a terrorist attack.
They need to save the train because numerous attendant to a huge atlantic-folk music festival are on it.
The party are the main characters from The Left Hand of Darkness
:_

what song, what movie?

>movie
Creepy (so I guess a detective campaign)

>song

São Paulo Sunset- Saib. (so an investigation that takes place in São Paulo, or even better, an investigation to find out why the sun ONLY sets in são paulo)

>book
Babyfucker (god help me)

A stupid '80s shlock movie about a serial killer in a supermarket? Okay, bad start.

In This Moment - Sick Like Me
Oh... So we're all looking for satisfaction while killing people? The party is the supermarket killers?

The Portrait of Dorian Gray.
...What the fuck is this

>Assassin's Creed
So physically we're talking a mix of 2016 Madrid and 1400's Granada. Thematically, the struggle between Templars and Assassins

>Last song you listened to describes the party's mission
>Room Where It happens - Hamilton Soundtrack
So the goal is seizing power? Nice!

>Mogworld
So an undead mage, undead nationalist secretary, undead priest, a thief, and a comatose warrior

It was going so well before the PCs showed up. Like all good campaigns I suppose

Movie is Source Code (2011) actually entertaining
Song is Easter Island by Treacherous Orchestra. No lyrics so I liberally interpreted the requirements.

>setting
Johnny Mnemonic
>mission
Highlander (the one) by Lost Guardian
>characters
Crysis Legion. So I guess Alcatraz/Prophet/Nanosuit, Gould and Strickland

So a cyberpunk adventure to kill some people. The main characters are a soldier in a nanosuit, a paranoid scientist and a FBI agent

Sounds cool

>Setting
West Side Story
>mission
History Has Its Eyes On You
>characters
a bunch of of the Kitty Norville books. So a lycanthrope celebrity radio host, her husband, a surly vampire hunter, and one or two more quirky tagalongs to round out the cast.

A celebrity radio host and her entourage/friends explore the slums of an racially divided urban center filled with weaponized teenagers and bardic influence, looking for a way to be immortalized and positively remembered by history.

Verrrrrrrry bardic.

Rogue One

Broad Shoulders by Taylor Bennett

The Vagina Ass of Lucifer Niggerbastard

So Lucifer Niggerbastard and a sack of burbling Babyshit try to...reach maturity and recognize their own shortcomings just as the planet they happen to be living on gets Death Starred.

Be an interesting challenge for those characters at least.

Ran, Akira kurosawa

Battle tendency ost

Starship Troopers

I suppose something like steampunk fascist japan where the pcs are the imperial samurai-stormtroopers making purges of vampires in america who resist occupation

Honestly you could've had something interesting if it weren't for watching some Haruhi garbage.

>Office Space
>"Cake by the Ocean"
>Artemis Entreri and Jarlaxle (Servant of the Shard)

...I don't even know what the Hell is going on.

>Drive
>youtube.com/watch?v=WdaMPZtLd_c
>How Few Remain by Harry Turtledove

So George Custer and Stonewall Jackson have to race in Los Angeles while listening to synthwave.

Ok.

Don't forget that BULLY! Teddy Roosevelt and a few others are also involved. Turtledove's got a LOT of characters...

How far have you gotten in that series, by the way? Because there's a moment in "American Empire: Blood and Iron" that is downright amazing, at least as long as you like Custer and don't care much for Canada.

>A Muppet Christmas Carol
>Intergalactic
>Futuristic Violence and Fancy Suits

Crime bosses fuck up invading robots in Victorian London? O-okay...

>mr. Smith Goes to Washington
>Death or Glory - Motörhead
>The Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft (xmas gift)

So a bunch of terrified intellectuals going into screaming battle against the DC machine. Sounds like an appropriate start to 2017

>Rogue One
>Reach Out to the Truth- Persona 4 OST
>The Lies of Locke Panorama

The Gentlemen Bastards are out to steal the plans for the Death Star.

>Setting: I only saw a bit of it, and not even the name, but it was about some sort of cyberpunk wild west, with the big city ruled over by a fella named Woodcutter and his gang, and there was a weird RPG-styled battle sequences.

Bunraku?

>"Artemis, do you have those TPS reports I requested?"

Somewhere in the second book of the First War is where I stopped, but that was a couple years ago. I just picked up my copy of HFR again because I wanted to reread it after seeing this pic.

Autocorrect changed Lamora to Panorama.

Some hallmark holiday movie my GF made me watch about christmas

Black Sheep by August burns Red

Mongolian hordes invasion of what becomes Russia.

> Im so confused......

Reservoir Dogs
Turret Wife Serenade
Two options for book:
Early Medieval Balkans

Not 100% sure what do do with this. It'd probably be easier with book setting and movie characters. Still wouldn't know what do do with the song.

would play

Network and I raaaaaan, i ran so far awaaaaaay.

In in ludicorusly neoliberal future the party decide to leave commerical hell and live off the fat of the land, cyber police hunt down the players who attempt to keep a farm running, because even though it's been decades since people set foot into the wilderness people still trade for the land.

Deadpool

The Letter - Joe Cocker
>the main characters from the last book you've read (or the one you're reading right now) are the PC

Dante's Inferno

...huh

Ah.

Well, long story short is that, as you know, Custer lives on to the First Great War. He actually is the guy who realizes how barrels (tanks) should be properly used (en masse driving forward at speed like cavalry, rather than plodding forward and spread out supporting the infantry) on the battlefield and manages the first major Union breakthrough in the war, gets tons of medals, as he does. After the Quadruple Entante loses the Great War, Custer becomes the governor-general of occupied Canada. During this time there's a Canadian who's building bombs and blowing up Union folk and "Union Sympathizers" in Canada (soldiers, yes, but also civilians).

Cut ahead a few years, Custer is being forced into retirement. As he's leaving Canada, the bomber tries to get him by throwing a bomb into his motorcade.

Custer, the brilliant bastard that he is, catches the bomb like a football and THROWS IT BACK, blowing the guy up with his own bomb. I'd like to remind you that at this point Custer is something to the effect of 90 years old.

His adjutant asks the question that has to be asked even though he hates Custer: "how does it feel to be a hero again, sir?"

"BULLY!

Jean Valjean and Inspector Javert are on a mission to have a threesome somewhere on Planet Earth. Hopefully not with Fantine unless I roll them as necromancers.

>Alexander Hamilton, Benedict Arnold, and Benjamin Franklin wander aimlessly through the JoJo universe without guidance starting at infancy, never learning to be happy or produce anything, they slowly grow into teenagers and adults and then into old age before dying a meaningless life, in their dying breaths they wish for insects to eat their corpses so that they can have some kind of purpose

>Movie
Rogue One, so pre-destruction of the first Death Star Star Wars.
>Song
Dragon Slayer-Shiro Sagisu. So the players are hunting dragons, I guess?
>Book
The second Ciaphas Cain omnibus, so the PCs are Cain, Jurgen, and some of tge supporting characters.

Office Space

Cherry Pepsi by Saint Pepsi

Simulation and Simulacra by Jean Baudrillard

So immutable concepts of hyper-reality buy soda from an office vending machine.

Hardcore.

Stardust Crusaders [90s Earth with STANDO POWER]
Rob Zombie–Never gonna stop me [Whatever the fuck they want]
Nagash the Immortal [Neferata, Nagash, ratmen... They kinda dislike each other, though]

Now I imagine the Usurper doing ZA WARUDO and slamming skaven with a trebuchet and can't stop laughing

>in their dying breaths they wish for insects to eat their corpses so that they can have some kind of purpose
lmao I fucking hate that band

>Last movie: American Psycho
So it's set in 90's(?) America with a killer on the loose...
>Last Song: The Little Ships
Mystic secrets held on old copies of electronic music...
>Last Book: Infinite Sequences and Series
The PC are a bunch of math majors, or at the very least, nerds...

After a long night of partying and drunken research, a ragtag team of forensic scientists and accountants discover that a French musician discovered a way to "achieve infinity" (whatever the fuck that means) and encoded his notes into early prints of his music before mysteriously disappearing.
The next day, the crew gets a report of several music stores getting robbed. Upon investigation, the party notices that the stores were all vandalized, but the only thing missing were old copies of albums by the aforementioned French musician.
Suspicious of these robberies, the PCs dig further to find the meaning behind the thefts, only to find that the culprit is a notorious serial killer who also discovered the secret of infinity, and intends to use the power to sate his ever increasing bloodlust
The PCs must now enter a race to collect all of the albums to prevent this madman from becoming an unstoppable monster.

Who will collect the discs first? What the fuck does "achieving infinity" actually mean? Find out in American Psycho 2: Electric Boogaloo

The setting is Hardcore henry and the goal is to transcend the biological limitations of the human body. It fits well.

Return of the King

真実の恋/True Love by 2814 - 新しい日の誕生

Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose

Shadowrun with Nazis.

Forgot that the last book I read was Neurmancer. This is seriously fitting together great.

What the fuck did I just write

>Sense and Sensibility
>youtube.com/watch?v=OAIrWTWJvr4
>The Shadow Over Innsmouth

An American student is abroad in England during the social season to distract him from the disturbing revelations he unearthed about his family's lineage. While grappling with his fears, his strange look attracts a fair amount of attention from the stylish young ladies of London, leading him to greater anxiety as he fights his distaste for miscengenation despite his atavistic impulses

>Infinite Sequences and Series
How's highschool going for you?

I'm currently in college right now. I got my hands on that book for free at a book sale and use it whenever I need to kill time

Some 90s anime about a girl fighting ghosts

Tarkus, Emerson Lake & Palmer

Story by Borges about dream wizards

Sounds pretty fucking rad

>Last Movie: Redline (the anime one)
>Last Song: The Hollywood Hootsman (Gloryhammer)
>Main character of the last book I read: Master Chief ( Halo: First Strike)

So... how exactly does this go?

>movie
Hot Fuzz

>Song
Highway Star

>book
Summa theologica doesnt have main characters, so the fallback is Master of Mankind

The Emperor himself orders his loyal custodians and sisters of silence to travel through the warp to win a custom car race in picturesque rural england in order to fulfill a mysterious goal, only to come across the long arm of british law?

>That new movie about the claymation eskimo thing or something??
>Spanish Bombs by The Clash
>The Two Towers

The broken fellowship must engage in/retaliate against a bombing campaign on the snowy holiday lodges in the northern territories.

Pretty sweet.

A bunch of scientist who study the whale's behaviors must help one of them to re-achieve the love of one of the other scientist's sister; or at least do something about the guys decision to drink until he's staring at the ceiling. All this happens to be on the viking age.

Movie: Rogue One

Song: Agnus Dei from the Megalith mission on Ace Combat 4

Book: Wild Bill Donovan: The Spymaster Who Created the OSS and Modern American Espionage

>Donovan takes over the entire Rebel Alliance intelligence and covert operations.
>He plans a sabotage and subversion campaign more effectively, with screening attacks to draw attention away from the true target of Scarif
>We get more sweet starfighter action set to Ace Combat music and even more Rebel Commando action.

Make it so.

Lord of the rings
Roundabout - Yes
The sons of caliban

What? What the fuck?

Moana
Bolero - Maurice Ravel
Ingo by Helen Dunmore

English mermaids must dance their way through the mythologies of Polynesia.
Screw the game, this would make a great film.

Devil May Cry.

Alice in Wonderland
Goodbye to the World -Thomas Porter
Alice's Adventures Underground.

We are literally just playing Alice in Wonderland here.

I have no idea. I know that there were some people in red suits that were apparently bigwig officials, and one of the two protagonists was a samurai/ronin named Yoshi. The other one was some cross between a mobster and a stock cowboy.

Huh. Looking at some scenes, i guess it was Bunraku. I only saw up to the bit where the barkeep told them about pop-up books, tho.

>last movie
Hidden Figures

>last song
Encounter- Metal Gear Solid

>Last book (or one you're reading right now)

Le Morte d'Arthur

The Knights of the Round Table, lead by King Arthur, are tasked with infiltrating NASA in the years leading up to the Friendship 7 launch in order to stop a group of terrorists holding the engineers hostage.

>Last movie

Noroi: The Curse

>Last song

Ricky Skaggs - Highway 40 Blues

>Last book

I think the last written thing I read was some detective manga.

I guess I'm running some sorta rambling epilogue to a mythos game where folks travel across the country after having their minds shattered.

I like it: comfiness and healing.

Rogue One

Piano arrangement of the title screen theme from Unidentified Fantastic Object

The Song of Roland

So...a bunch of OP French knights face off against UFOs in the Star Wars universe?

Looper. So, dystopian cyber-ishpunk.

Uriah Heep: Easy Living was just on the radio. So, 'get by and find a way out of the dystopia'?

Fate of Worlds from the Ringworld series.

So, uh, a bunch of aliens and humans from a few centuries in the future try to escape a near-future crime-ridden cyberpunk dystopia that they got dumped into with time travel.

>Jack Reacher
>m.youtube.com/watch?v=TnBAXucIYxg
I don't remember the name of the book, but it was about a poem that killed people who heard it, all in all it was pretty blah for such an interesting premise.
So a d20 modern campaign with overpowered psionic PC's fighting off ayy lmao's. Seems ok for a one-off

>fight club
>bigbang - bang bang bang
>blood mirror by brent weeks

Okay so were in a modern day world where a bunch of people like to punch each other and blow shit up but kip has grown tired of trishes bullshit about how her snatch is too tight to fuck so his mission is to go to random clubs and fuck a new bitch every night, i imagine by using color magic to be bitchin af, sounds campy

Him and his squad would be great at a rave

>Groundhog Day
>Don't Stop Me Now
>Dictator
So basically a load of Acient Roman politicians are trying to have good time in modern day but the day keeps looping, preventing them from doing so.

>Henry V (1989)
>Twilight Singers - The Lure Would Prove Too Much
>Black Company

I'm into it desu