>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

Other urls found in this thread:

crawl.chaosforge.org/Death_cob
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That Wizard is so ripped.

Any helmet that filters your voice so you sound like sone dark lord?

Yes, it's called minor illusion.

reasons i didnt like CoS

>backstories for characters don't matter/can't be easily incorporated into the story
>almost every single npc in this game is a cunt
>no where to really take a breather safely
i get that's the point of CoS but as a game it's just too stressful, at least give us a hidden cave or something
>a deep fear of the world is instilled into the players making them not want to explore
>enemy types are lackluster, no references to soth or vecna
>Strahd comes across as a Bond villain

Is Muscle Wizard. Mixes protein potion when is downtime. Is good, ya?

Prestidigitation mah african americans

Thank you OP for not posting animu/fetish/scalyfag shit. You're a good OP.

Thanks, ohpee. Thopee.

I'm with you. This is a decent OP image.

Guy was such a BAMF.
Even punched the semi-physical manifestation of Dark Powers in their face when those refused to let him out. Who else can say they sucker-punched an entire demi-plane?

like this?

Well, sucks. How do you fix it?

i thought they let him go because he was too boring?

Replace the mechanical servant with something else
literally the only thing

You can stow one object and pull out an object in a single turn without spending an action, right?

Thanks

> sucks
I liked the new class, it uses the same damage scale as the rogue (which I like, because its a linear progression, not that multiple attacks thing). It's also very flavorful, the subclasses could be better? Maybe, something related to wands would fit Eberron better (class original setting), but I like what I saw, not the strongest class, but certainly fun.

Wrong website.

fug

what spells should I take at first level for a battlefield control wizard?

right now I've got Minor Illusion(cantrip), Silent Image, Grease, Sleep, Shield, Find Familiar, and Mage Armor

no you nigger, i'm saying i thought the dark forces let him out because he didn't do anything

>It is believed that his refusal to face his past sins and his willingness to suffer his curse led to his release from the Mists; Soth simply withdrew and ignored Sithicus until he was released.

This pic will be next OP

>like this?
This is horrible

go kemono or go home

For some reason i read that as "battle field corn troll" and got really confused

No, you can only do one or the other. You can drop an object to the ground for free, though.

Replace the class feature but also make it an archtype. Gunner, alchemist, roboticist. Make it like a metal detector at that level for finding magical shit.

So how does the Grappling hook work i can't find it in the Player hand book. Does it give advantage on checks when scaling walls or is it free pass?

Keep the feature. It's cool.

Presumably you attach it to a rope and toss it, so you can get a rope to a place farther away than you can reach and then climb that.

It's too cool to be a feature, it should be an archetype built around that feature.

Its a big powerspike that falls off really damn fast while also stepping on ranger's toes. It needs some form of change. Maybe something about mounting some of your shit on it to improve its abilities but that feels too much like an archtype than a class feature.

My thought was too make the third archtype have scaling for its pet based on the BM and to let you buff it with spells in some way

>It's also very flavorful
In what way? Instead of actually brewing stuff/crafting, the alchemist simply pulls out an infinite amount of Acid/Alchemical Fire vials (which are 25/50gp items, but they're actually not those items and don't act the same mechanically despite sharing the same name) out of his majickal self-replenishing bag, degrading those works of alchemical wonder to mere cantrips that just don't count as spells.
I'd have a more genuine alchemist experience by using herbalism/alchemy kit with the DMG variant rule on mixing potions and spending my short/long rests brewing shit and mixing said brewed shit, with a chance of blowing myself up or accidently making a vile poison. You know, the actual alchemist routine: talk with your GM about harvesting rare materials from slain monsters, investigating which effects they might produce and so on. Maybe pick up the Alchemist UA feat and the UA Wizard Artificer if I want those cheesy 40 hp superior healing pots.
The Artificer Alchemist feels like it belongs more in a videogame. I guess it's fine for people who wanna just put a gas mask/birb mask/big guy mask on and feel all cool about chucking unending acid flask around, but where's the innovation? The risk of performing dangerous chemical experiments? I'm not feeling it.
>corn monsters
crawl.chaosforge.org/Death_cob pls no

What are some important roleplaying tips for using a Duergar? What reasons could one have to climb up to the surface?

>semi-physical manifestation of Dark Powers
>punched an entire demi-plane
>entire demi-plane

Are you always prone to such childish exaggeration, or is this an isolated event?

>The Artificer Alchemist feels like it belongs more in a videogame
The thing is, this is 5e, it should be simpler than 3.5 and 4th, they don't want to make complex classes, with a lot of rules for crafting and shit.

Definitely. No one wants to wait at the table while you jerk-off over inventory and crafting spreadsheets. All that extra shit is masturbatory busy work away from the gaming table.

What's the best way to multiclass fighter and monk at level 8?

Fighter 8 or monk 8.

Probably fighter 3/monk 5 with more monk level. Monk features work best with more monk levels. You get most of the best fighter features in the first 3 levels.

I liked this artificer better, it uses short rests to "prepare" gadgets and stuff instead of just magically pulling them out of a bag

Question, Is the artificer gun considered a martial weapon?

>gunsmith artificer

I remember when death cobs drained hunger.
Also
>death cobs are small and orbs of fire are tiny
>the most dangerous generic enemy in the game is the size of a golf ball
God I wish I didn't love DCSS with its little bits of lore so much. Basing a bit of the setting on it.

D&D's version of the artificer has a history, and that homebrew is very far off the mark from the original Eberron artificer.

First-time GM here. I'm reading the DMG's section on homebrewing worlds at the moment to make my first setting.

The section on the multiverse goes on a lot about multiple planes of existence and how I need at least the following:
>A plane of origin for celestials
>A plane of origin for infernals
>A plane of origin for elementals

But the more I read on all this complicated cosmology stuff, the more I feel like dumping it for something a lot more straightforward and easy

If I were to dump clestials and infernal entirely, (make the tieflings fey in nature instead) have the gods physically inhabit the material world (Mt. Olympus style) and just have the elementals and fey come from the earth itself, making the only other "plane" of existence the land of the dead, how much of the rest of the system do I risk breaking as a result? I know I'll either have to remove stuff like planar shift and astral projection or make it explicitly just for seeing the land of the dead, but is there anything else that would get offset by this decision?

I think some of the biggest dangers with this is straight up taking away class features/spells like astral projection which sends you to other planes and what not.

Nothing in that document is anything like an artificer.

Yeah, but I feel like they at least could've made it so that those alchemist fire/acid flask, heal draught potions, thunder stones and smoke sticks are actual, tangible items that you create during the short/long rest, and not pseudospells. Even if you would create them from thin air and perhaps in a limited quantity, it would still be better and allow some more flexibility and variety than just a single action that simultaneously involves the making AND the usage of the said non-item.
The old Eberron UA Artificer Wizard handled it better, especially if your DM would allow you to use the DMG rule to bypass the Artificer Wizard's 3 pot limitation at the cost of getting worse results, potentially wasting spellslots, creating a deadly poison or blasting yourself with 6d10 damage. Depending on your DM, maybe a little bit of tweaking might be required. But I really feel like these two simple elements on their own provide a more accurate representation of what an alchemist should be doing.
>his character has nothing to do during the downtimes and can only follow the story rails while wasting long rests on just regaining HP and class features
I pity you

It feels like they wanted to give the class find steed but not give them find steed.

>>his character has nothing to do during the downtimes and can only follow the story rails while wasting long rests on just regaining HP and class features
>I pity you
I pity the other players who have to wait on you to do that.

If they gave it Find Steed directly, it could be infused into an item so others could cast it.

I guess that's probably why they didn't name it artificer, but I had an idea in mind and it hits the spot

What ever happened to this guy anyway? He made some quality shit

>If they gave it Find Steed directly, it could be infused into an item so others could cast it.
I thought it was that, and it might even be that, but the current version of infusion doesn't allow it. The cast time is too long.

Just use the standard great wheel cosmology. You can change what your material plane is like while keeping all the other planes the same.

That way in case they ever become relevant you can use what materials exist (DMG, forgotten realms wiki, 3.5e sourcebooks) as inspiration for cool shit to happen in those planes.

Maybe they're protective of the paladin list. I would have thought Elemental Weapon would be a gimme for the artificer list too.

I've spent lots of time shitting on the shit that is UA, and a lot of 5e content, but I gotta give the Jew his due: the artificer UA is near perfect.

>You gain a number of extra tool proficiencies equal to your Int mod

Would this help Int from being such a major dump stat?

Replace proficiencies with anything, like a language, or expertise in a specific knowledge, etc.

The living incarnations of atomic holocaust actually being the size of a tennis ball was such a revelation for me back then.
>God I wish I didn't love DCSS with its little bits of lore so much. Basing a bit of the setting on it.
It certainly has some interesting dungeon ideas, like the Lair or Shoals. Not really your typical undead/demons, but still terrifying.
>I pity the other players who have to wait on you to do that.
Why'd they have to wait if a considerable amount of game sessions end on players initiating a long rest, at the very least in my experience? Also what kind of a shitter DM would discourage their players from playing their character and doing more than just hack-n-slashing through things they throws at the party?
Besides, it's not like the interaction between Artificer Wizard and the DMG rule I've mentioned requires more than a couple of additional roll, but it already has heaps more flavour than the Chemist Artificer.

Ok so my Alchemist ideas thus far

>>First two magic items are Goggles of Night and a Helm of Com. Languages fluffed out as Plague Doctor Mask/Hat
>>Healing draught Healer feat and Herbalism kit to be the healiest ever
>>V.human grabbing Observant to even out my Int and because I fucking hate failing perception checks
>>Half Plate barding for my Sabertooth Robot
>>Mounted Combat to try and keep the thing alive easier
>>Mostly buff spells to give other party members infused "potions:

After that I dunno maybe Ritual Caster for more versatility or Defensive Duelist so my Reaction can be used for something. Im trying to think of other things I can do to make it more fun mechanically

That's true. And magic weapon has the wrong cast time to infuse. They'll need to work that out in post.

>Also what kind of a shitter DM would discourage their players from playing their character and doing more than just hack-n-slashing through things they throws at the party?
The kind who thinks playing your character should involve interactions involving the other PCs.

And how interacting with the world and interacting with the fellow PCs is mutually exclusive?

/5eg/ is usually good with OP images. At least in comparison to /pfg/

We must be vigilant.

What kind of weirdos do you play with? My players tend to do social interaction as a group and tackle environmental obstacles as a team.

The one problem with the alchemist is that you're forced to take two very similar potions.

Alchemist fire and alchemists acid basically behave completely the same.

Last I saw he had posted some other stuff for a dual wielding barb

Ones a small AOE fire effect the other is a somewhat higher damage Acid effect. Its not immensely different but its just enough even if im betting Acid will be used way more often

>acid and fire are the same

Your mother and sister are the same person, aren't they?

Very rarely will that come up. But point.

I would have liked some more differentiation.

The ones with more or less thought through characters that also sometimes tend to have personal motivation or even a quest of their own, as it should ideally be? Again, this does not exclude in any way "interacting socially as a team" or "tackling environmental obstacles as a group", just brings more variety and personal investment to the table.
What kind of casuals do you play with? A goody two shoes paladin, a beardy mcdrunkard dorf, a grumpy wizard and a hippie ranger on a quest to kill an evil lich overlord?

It's fine, you can get a flying mechanical mount this way.

>criticising the use of rhetoric to enthuse about a hobby where grown ass men pretend to be elves
Kindly go fuck yourself, you joyless shitburger.

>I'd have a more genuine alchemist experience by using herbalism/alchemy kit with the DMG variant rule on mixing potions and spending my short/long rests brewing shit and mixing said brewed shit, with a chance of blowing myself up or accidently making a vile poison. You know, the actual alchemist routine: talk with your GM about harvesting rare materials from slain monsters, investigating which effects they might produce and so on. Maybe pick up the Alchemist UA feat and the UA Wizard Artificer if I want those cheesy 40 hp superior healing pots.

So you want the Artificer to be like the Ranger, and either be shit or require the group to suddenly adopt an entirely different playstyle?

What sort of group interactions is "I brew potion" or "I harvest monster gut" going to create? Especially the 17th time, or the 117th time.

That's like saying the group should interact around the rogue being required to RP collecting their arrows after every battle.

Sorry , is meant for . Browsing Veeky Forums on a smartphone with fat thumbs.

Thaumaturgy, actually. Specifically mentions having a booming voice. Lots of Gandalf-y tricks in there, despite not being a Wizard spell. I should remember that Gandalf really wasn't what DnD calls a Wizard.

Really, Gandalf multiclassed Wizard and paladin, with magic initiate as a cleric, and he put most of his levels into the paladin.

For the last time, Gandalf doesn't have PC classes. He's an angel with a variety of spell-like abilities.

Nah, he was just a Fighter focused on Int and Wis who happened to own a staff with a few spells in it.

You're both wrong. He was a fighter, but he actually spent a lot of stat points on Cha too. He rolled damn well. He used his crazy-high Deception to tell people he was a demigod wizard, when really he was just a fighter with a staff and a ring of spell storing. Notice how when shit gets real he never starts casting Fireball or Black Tentacles, he just draws his sword. He knows damn well that all he has to offer is a few cantrips, and that he's better off using his Dueling fighting style and action surging his way to many crits.

The DC of climbing a wall is usually a lot harder than the DC of climbing a rope with a wall to brace against, but check with your DM to see if it's automatic. Also, don't count on throwing a grappling hook any higher than 60 feet, the maximum range for a thrown improvised weapon.

Players who play characters pretending to be other classes are cancer, and Gandalf isn't cancer. He just lives in a low-magic setting and you can't accept that because you have autism.

>characters pretending to be other classes are cancer
Ugh, I know exactly what you mean.
"Hi guys, I'm a rogue."
>casts magic, pretty obvious it was him, completely caught
"Oh, so you're a caster too! Got any useful spells we should know about for when we inevitably end up fighting something big and dangerous?"
"Nah guys I'm not a caster, that magic was someone else!"
>18 deception
>the rest of us grind our teeth and drop it IC

Stat me

DMs should never allow rolling for intra-party interaction, that's just asking for trouble

*Angry beep sound effect"

Persuasion rolls don't affect PCs. The dice don't decide what your character believes, you do.

Furthermore, a sufficiently high deception roll is NOT indistinguishable from magic. You can't convince anyone of anything just by rolling well.

Fighter variant human with tavern brawler

>rock gnome gunsmith artificer, dwarf forge cleric, and a warforged

I want this party

I can understand a Barbarian pretending to be a Fighter (until he starts raging) or a Warlock pretending to be a Sorcerer, but that's about it and they should eventually get caught by knowledgeable characters or NPCs.

No. It'd just make Wizards and Mystics better.
Go figure out a way to make Strength comparable to Dex, or give Con a purpose beyond "dying slightly less".

Please explain in what way what I've described would be a radicallly different playstyle.
>Doing your ordinary questing bullshit
>kill, lets say, a slaad, the fight is over and the party is fighting over the loot/investigating the rest of the room
>"hey Greg the DM, can I make an arkana check to determine whether I'm familiar with unique properties of this monster"
>"sure Ivan the Player"
>"i got 18"
>"then you are, its a slaad and it's this this and this, originates from there and does that and that with its mouth"
>"cool can i take one of its minuscule eggs and study it during the first available long rest with my alchemy tools i'm proficient with for possible applications?"
>"yes, but no guarantees your research is going to fruitful"
And that's it. And that already has heaps more alchemy to it than the alchemist subclass that creates magic effects out of thin air yet they don't count as such because they're science, but they are infinite in quantity since they're not even actual items and you don't have to replenish your supplies. And as an another example:
>"hey Greg the DM, I'm an artificer tradition wizard and I've made a health potion and a growth potion using my 1st level spell slots, would you allow to use the DMG variant rule to let me try and mix them together?"
>"okay, you rolled 26. They've successfully become a single potion with both their effects intact, but the numerical values are halved"
>"good, as long as it lets me bypass the limitation at the cost of additional spellslots. I have one potion left: and its climbing. I use my only 3rd level spellslot and make an invisibility potion. I then try and mix the 2 together again for something that would allow my rogue to move completely undetected on any surface without me using concentration"
>"you rolled a 1. 6d10 force damage. Make death saving throws, Ivan the Player"
How is the Alchemist Artificer any better at roleplaying an alchemist?

Friends and I were literally talking about doing this last night, and the plans seem to be going forward
I'm the Dorf, and the warforged wants to be a mystic

That's the "interacting with the world" part, why'd you think I meant this in a social group interaction way, especially if the person I replied to mentioned it first?

Only if the artificer's mechanical servant is a tiny, offensive and comical version of the warforged, that mimics his actions intent on pissing him off.

This is one of the best changes 5e made, even if it doesn't get noticed much. The NPC reaction tables in the DMG provide reasonable results based on their attitude, and a high roll alone will never change their attitude. You can't turn someone from hostile to servile with a single display of good manners, and an unbelievable lie is simply unbelievable instead of merely increasing the DC by 20. To get people on your side you have to, you know, do stuff for them that they value highly enough. You have to roleplay.

>"cool can i take one of its minuscule eggs and study it during the first available long rest with my alchemy tools i'm proficient with for possible applications?"

Do you want to get infested with tadpoles? This is how you get infested with tadpoles.

are you always needlessly an asshole?

>animeposter

See that's all you had to say, now I understand you have autism and can't let other people enjoy things