>Question
Do your games feature alien life?
IGNORE ASPEL

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TabletopGame/LeviathanTheTempest
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66261/the-flower-city
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What do you think about the Clanbooks?

The clanbooks are good, probably one of the best things in the 1e line, because they talk about clan structure, ideas for various types of vampires, the way the clans act and such, in addition to being fiction. Secrets of the Covenants is just fiction and mechanics; it talks about the covenants through a particular view point in various things (like the Carthian section is a 'zine), but it doesn't give you any expansion on the Covenants themselves really. Not like the 1e Covenant Books do.

It's fine if you like (difficult to read) fiction, and have already read the 1e Covenant books or are going to do all of your own stuff with them. But for a 'first timer' book, it doesn't add much to the Covenants at all IMO.

Yes it was this guy.

I would basically like to know more about him. I got to chat a bit while fighting him, but I got nothing from it except that he's educated and kind of honorable (still refused to use a normal sword like me instead of a magic one). The battle was left unresolved and now he likes/hates me and I will meet him again for sure, so I would like as a player to have a general notion of who and what the fuck is my new rival. I've never dealt with demons and oriental creatures in WoD before today.

They are the nobility of Wu Hua's Court in the Pit of Salt and Iron, a Hell within the Yin World. Each Corpse Tiger is educated in a specific art and sometimes, they take tormented souls to work under them for a specific project (rumors are that these souls are set free if the work finds the appreciation of both the Corpse Tiger and Wu Hua). They dislike Shinma (asian changelings) and Kuei-jin and believe themselves to be the only nobility the Middle Kingdom needs.

>Going to make a CofD game in Argentina
>Help pls

First thing you gotta understand is there is a big difference between the province (zone of gran buenos aires), capital federal (buenos aires) and the interior (the rest of the country) which basically boils down politically capital federal matters, maybe province and nobody cares about the interior.

There was a big movement during the 1900s to move more and more people to the capital resulting in it becoming a huge parasitic blob.

Religion wise everyone pays lips service to the church because everyone takes the comunion because of gift and money but very very few people actually practice (this could be more in the interior)

Politically we had a period of many fascist goverment and the peronism. Peronism is the biggest predominant political party in the country and like an icecream shop it has 52 flavors. I have seen more blue collar houses with shrines to evita than jesus.

Nepotism moves the country. So vampire like i would say carthians or invictus dominate capital with maybe the lancea in the interior or none at all. Circle is non existant with the ordo dracul maybe hiding in capital universities or la plata (an university city)

What is the general opinion on the fansplats like Genius, Princess and Leviathan?

Leviathan?

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TabletopGame/LeviathanTheTempest

Princess is one of the more flesh out ones and generally pretty good. they're like Hunters++ and have a tendency to burn out because of the bleakness of the setting. Like jaded Superheros

Genius sits in that weird spot as Not-Mage. Princess is okay, but not my tastes. I like Leviathan but it plays well with nothing and nobody, as well as being ripe for magical realms. Out of the lesser known fansplats I liked the Infected too, but Hurt Locker made a template that works just as well. Outsider is too on the nose about it's references. Dragon is just land Leviathan. Siren takes Leviathan, spits on it, and goes for gold. More people should look at Siren.

Thank you.

>Do your games feature alien life?
No, but I've always felt like it was unexplored territory.

Genius is garbage, Leviathan is a huge mess, and Princess is pretty good for what it is.

Doing a nMage game on roll20. Come sign up if you're interested. app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66261/the-flower-city

I love Genius in thematics and fluff, but have never actually played it. Its really fun reading through the book, especially that first opening story about the man seeking immortality.

I'm playing in a non-CoD game right now and my super scientist draws heavily on inspiration from Genius [and the Sons of Ether].

Also Genius sort of terms the nWoD into Venture Brothers RPG for better or worse.

Bumpo.

>Aspel: the Ingorance

Players get to experience the "literal horror" of being a bloated basement dweller that has no life during an internet outage. Literally.

Also, players never bother to read the sourcebook but still argue about it.

Has Onyx Path made a single product that doesn't blow chunks?

What do you have against chunks?
He's a great guy.

The new vampire and werewolf corebooks were solid.. and then the writing just sort of plummeted after. I think most of Secret of the Covenants was spend formatting it and making those unreadable fonts.

Rich Thomas sextape when?

>"There's one way you can keep your jobs," drawled Ericsson in his lilting norse accent, "and that's to show due deference to my blood-engorged junk... now prepare for full-assrape stiffnes..."

>>Aspel: the Ingorance
>Players get to experience the "literal horror" of being a bloated basement dweller that has no life during an internet outage. Literally.
>Also, players never bother to read the sourcebook but still argue about it.

The scariest line to date.

This is not ignoring Aspel.

>Dracula's breeding

NOPE NOPE NOPE

I don't wanna go to any of the towers

Can I stay in the abyss instead?

Not... Really.

But the towers all blow

I'm gonna make my own tower

New player question. Is it 'better' to spread experience points between mundane and supernatural merits/skills or to focus on improving mundane or supernatural effects until you get to a decent baseline?

I didn't see us replying to anything he posted. You need either reading glasses, reading comprehension classes, or a good psychiatrist and access to antipsychotic drugs for your delusions and hallucinations.

I would say it's better to spread them. Helps to make a more fleshed out character.

Stop powergaming, you silly bitch. Invest in skills and abilities that make sense for your character instead of obsessing over getting a fistful of dice for your Resilience rolls. This isn't X-Box Live, cunt.

Are you a Mod? Can you track IP? I ask because YOU want us to ignore someone who can't be identified unless they say who they are, without discussing who they are or why we should ignore them, or communicating to anyone new to the thread about who Aspel is, what he's done to deserve being ignored or why that text is posted in OP in the first place.

So unless you're a fucking psychic, you really should shut the fuck up, bite the shit sandwich and tell us how good it tastes.

>Whining about something is ignoring it
Am I in the Twilight Zone?

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call... the Traditional Games Board.

>Whining about whining

You need to take a serious look at your life.

Accurate Representation of Apsel

Yeah, Shatner doing his level best to IGNORE X

what disciplines would the Chocula clan have?

Choculation?

>whining about whining about whining

>>whining about whining about whining
about whining

user, when people are shitting up a thread because they don't like another poster and that poster hasn't even posted there's good reason to get annoyed.

I just wanna talk about fucking wizards.
Like how they're the best

I think you really need to check you magic privilege.

The ability to transform blood into chocolate milk. This Discipline does lethal damage to Mortals and leaves serious questions at the morgue.

Coroners and morgues in the WoD must have a dont ask, don't tell policy about all the weird shit right?

I am actively encouraging this thing.

I'll check your privilege.
With my magic.
I can do that, you know.

Wouldn't that change a mortal into a jar of cacao

>Coroners and morgues

In major cities, aren't all coroners supes or under their direct control?

>I'll check your privilege.
>With my magic.

What Arcanum control privilege?

Fate? Prime? Mind?

Depends.

Life would check your white privilege, thin privilege and able-bodied privilege, Matter would check your rich privilege, etc.

Prime 2 can check all privilege, like it can universal counterspell

Have you ever seen The Prophecy series of films?

The poor Coroner in that keeps files on the bizarre angelic bodies that show up missing their eyes (and promptly disappear from the morgue) but anyone he tries to discuss the cases with thinks he's fucking crazy, so he keeps the files in his office and only discusses the cases with people who ask directly about such weirdness.

I recommend those films, by the by - they weren't SFX extravaganzas but they told a pretty epic story about fallen angels.

no, just turn every vein on their body and their eyes brown and kill them from oxygen starvation.

Fucking brutal way to go, all jokes aside.

>that poster hasn't even posted

Oh, so YOU'RE a Mod with the ability to track IP's now? Or did the Renticulan Alien Implant lodged in your nasal cavity grant you Remote Viewing Numina?

Face it, pal, no-one knows who Aspel is unless Aspel himself says "It is I, Aspel."

>you're immortal
>but not really because your head explodes when your brain alien fucks another brain alien

Worst character option ever?

Depends. Can the character live without a head, like Es Y'Golonac?

Is Kek in the Temenos?

The Pack and the Neolithic dark era were both great too.

Every fucking Meme exists in the Temenos.
Every.
Fucking.
Meme.

Yes. Just like lol, and lmao.

Yeah. But the Viking and 70's dark eras sucked.
Seriously. The 70's ought to be the decade of the Idigam wars. But that's just brushed away.

Kek is the evil deity that empowers Heroes, the direct opposite of the Dark Mother

No. Kek is just the embodiment of slightly offensive and/or annoying jokes.
It doesn't have nearly enough minds focused on it to be considered a god.
Probably reaching up towards rank 4 now though.

>evil deity that empowers Heroes

How could anything that punishes vile abusers be considered evil? Do you think preventing child abuse or domestic violence also falls under the ambit of dark forces?

>He murdered someone therefore we should murder him, and this is morally justified
America pls

If you are setting the game in the past what do youbdo about skills like computer or firearms

So how would you dispense Justice?

>America
>not Hamurabi
>not Romans
user, you are trying too hard

Code-beaking and archery

You can't really imprison Beasts and they are by definition recidivists, so yes, I don't thing murder is a bad solution.

>implying any prison is capable of holding a Beast

Psychic surgery.

Is it possible to run a mage game thats as chill as Mushishi. Just chasing mysteries?

no

Oh okay, what rehabilitation and treatment is available for a literal monster that has an insatiable desire to traumatise individuals and ruin lives?

That's right, FUCKING NONE. Sack up and pull the trigger.

>"Everyone knows that Heroes get medals"
>--- Wreck It Ralph

They're not human. Why give them human rights? Shall we liberate the toasters next?

Sub "Firearms" for "Archery".

"Computers" would just get switched out for something useful specifically for your Chronicle. By way of comparison, Dark Ages included Knowledges such as Theology, Seneschal (the knowledge of how to admin a small fiefdom) and Hearth Wisdom (the everyday mysticism of the people - herbalism, knowledge of the stars and seasons, childbirth, etc.), while Victorian Vampire included Enigmas (functionally the same as it is in Werewolf: the Apocalypse).

I think just vanilla Mortals might be better for that.

Do you guys perhaps have some interesting circle of the crone npcs that you used in your games?

I have a couple. A Gangrel vodouisant who led a gang-cult of ghouls and supported the old decrepit prince against the various upstarts, and a charismatic Daeva serial diablerist who built a cult around him, then killed and drained the elders.

V20 and W20 were good.

Also, Hunters Hunted II is amazing. Like, "I can't believe those asswipes at Onyx Path managed to make something like this"-amazing.

Gangrel seems interesting.

So far I only have one that was member of fascist/pagan organization before she was changed into vampire and kept those beliefs afterwards. Now she was forced as an aide upon the sherif

If the toasters were sapient, yes.

>America pls

pleb pls

>Psychic surgery.

Bullets are cheaper and cost less tax money.

This post has been Tremere approved.

How do you raise backgrounds in VtM?

Well, it is more important to mention Gay rights and Stonewall Inn than Idigam

With ingame EXP and you ST's permission? I dunno what to tell you kid.

Nosferatu: are they blue or green?

Jokes aside, "privilege" is the numerous advantages one has throughout their life that help them where others might not get help. You would be able to tell how advantaged someone has been with a Fate Knowing spell.

"Check your privilege" essentially means "be aware of the many ways that you've had advantages other people have not, and rethink what you're saying". This would probably be an altered version of the Mind 2 spell Emotional Urging, or the Mind 4 spell Terrorize. I'm honestly surprised there's no better Mind spells for putting thoughts in someone's head.

I'm just checking. V20 says roleplaying it is enough.

>How do you raise backgrounds in VtM?

Depends on the ST, some might not allow for increasing backgrounds at all, but I personally usually run with the player having to work hard and really put in effort at, you know, increasing it. Plus, usually spending some experience.

Gaining the background of Fame shouldn't be as easy as just starting a youtube channel, after all; you gotta do stuff, stuff that makes you stand out and be remembered, and then keep working hard to ensure people don't forget you the moment you look away.

And for stuff like Generation, you'd have to find some powerful and older vampire to suck all the blood from, and so on.

>Nosferatu: are they blue or green?

I'd actually describe them more as pale.

Black, kind of by default. Decay and all that.

Thank you for the answer. I mostly wondered about things like Status, Mentor, Resources and the like.

Fuck on out of here please.

>Killing more people is just
Restorative justice is literally better for all involved than retributive justice.

So Heroes are okay, even though they're violent dangerous vigilantes that often go out of their way to cause collateral (since they want the accolades for "saving" the day) and don't care about due process, but a Beast who literally does the same thing, except with the foresight to not harm anyone else, is bad?

I'd rather have Dexter Morgan running around than some crazy Batman wannabe.