Im building agame and Im stuck on classes at the moment. I want 10 total but only 9 work well

Im building agame and Im stuck on classes at the moment. I want 10 total but only 9 work well

1. Human (self explanatory)
2. Fantasy (elves, orcs, etc)
3. Mythos (minotaurs, centaur, etc)
4. Insect (large wasps, centipedes, etc)
5. Robot (robots and war tech)
6. Paradox (t-rexes, pharoahs, space marines, etc)
7. Cryptid (sasquatches, chupacabra, etc)
8. Indigenous (tribal warriors and warlocks)
9. Horror (zombies, demons, serial killers, etc)

I had a Flora-Fauna class but it's the red headed step child of the bunch. Turns out, having a lion or a giant man-eating plant is significantly less cool than having a T-Rex or a horde of Zombies. Everyone who got the Gorilla named their gorilla Harambe

Ive been tossing around the idea of like Super Humans so people can get their little superheroes that are similar to superman and spiderman in there. Ive also had suggestions for Native Beasts (animals from the plain like the Indigenous class) or Deities, Gods and Demi-Gods and the like.

What are some classes that may not be covered by the above 9 classes?

pic unrelated

having a class combining pharaohs, space marines and t-rexes feels natural to you, but flora and fauna is too far fetched?

Long story short, no context means this looks like a retarded version of Smash-Up being made. Good luck. You need it.

What the actual fuck are you talking about?

it's the opposite, flora-fauna is too vanilla and people usually wind up killing them for xp. Im trying to replace it with something thats more appealing

outlandish is whats being aimed for here

its a homebrew tabletop ive been working on for a little over a year. it involves going around a map and assembling a team to fight bosses. its plain and straight to the point. its not necessarily meant to be super in depth at the moment as far as story since Im just trying to get the core up and running

I'm sure any of this makes perfect sense to you but it's all just nonsense words to anyone else reading it.

We're going to need a LOT more context here.

essentially, my fiends are too normie for real rpg tabletop gaes. They like king of tokyo and the like. board games/card games. So another friend and I spent all last summer putting together what was going to be a Pokemon homebrew, working out the battle mechanics based off a d10 roll, figuring which stats to keep and which ones to drop. Eventually the battle system was made simple. Character ATK value + result of d10 = x. If X is higher or equal tot he opposing character's DEF value then you deal Damage. Damage is equal to the Character's DMG stat and reduces the opposing HP stat, taking into account weakness and resistance.

its basic bullshit for basic folk. its literally pokemon. well, the pokemon game really took off in my friends circle. People were legitimately asking to play it, and multiple rounds of it too. It had over 200 Pokemon and their evolutions, battle system, full character/event/and item lists, and it was just about to have real movesets and status effects when the person I was working with got in trouble with the law and had to back down. but instead of continuing the project with the pokemon skin, i decided to change it to the current classes I have now (human, mythos, etc) to make easier to work on, more creative freedoms and whatnot. plus my friends were getting annoyed about not getting their faves and were whining about the aount of newer gen Pokemon that were in there.

now, Im about halfway through alpha testing the new skin to pretty good reviews but there a few hiccups I need to work around and one of them is replacing the Flora-Fauna class. reducing play time and fixing the movesets are also on the to do list (the movesets were never tested for the Pokemon game as the skin switch happened shortly after they were implemented)

tl;dr
essentially this is pokemon minus pokemon for normies so its not meant to be taken too seriously but seriously enough

10. Mundane (desks, cottages, signposts, songs, etc.)

An all-mimic class would be pretty entertaining

All you had to do was say they're Pokémon types for a kitchen sink smash up game. Now your nonsense babble is far less nonsensical.

Primitive and Tech are two potential classifications that come to mind.

Replace "insect" with "swarm", so it can cover large groups of anything. Really big insects will be covered by paradox, after all.

>Pokémon types for a kitchen sink smash up game

Thats a really good shorthand for what Ive got going here

Primitive and Tech are good but they may be covered by the Indigenous and Robot classes.

One problem i run into is the replacement classes tend to just be beefed up versions of other classes. Superheroes is just beefed up Humans, DemiGods is just beefed up Mythos characters.

So make your classes more specific and let units have multiple types.

>friends so normie that they don't like the new gens of pokemon just because they're different

Best Solution: Get friends without shit opinions

Realistic Solution: Get a second group of friends with better opinions

Making the classes less broad is a good idea. Could help funnel leftover characters into the new class as well.

Were you trying to sell the game? Why would it matter if you were making a homebrew for you and your friends?

user, are you okay? Did you have a stroke?

He removed the pokemon skin for more creative freedom and to reduce the amount of bitching from his unreasonably demanding friends who were upset he didn't stat their all of their favorites and instead decided to stat some newer gen pokemon

At least I think, it's not easy reading that visual vomit

easier to work on.
creatively speaking theres only so many pokemon, only so many scenarios you can put them in within the canon of pokemon. creatively, you eventually hit a wall. without pokemon, the plots have gotten more in depth and the characters are more relatable. the quality of the overall game has gotten better without the pokemon.

selling it would be nice but it's a pipe dream

you right and yes Im very bad about going back and proofreading

the current character list with flora fauna

yes I phoned in on a lot the names (especially the robots) but each character has a unique character effect and most have leader abilities when theyre the lead character of a party. there are also 8 sub-classes that allow for character to hold specific weapons.

I like this one

also post a pdf of your work

>Velocioraptor
Aught to be Utahraptor.

>Viking
>Barbarian
Seems fairly redundant.

>Bandit
>Alchemist
Don't seem indigenous

>Zombie
>Zombie Horde
Can you imagine the fuss in a group where one player rolled a Zombie and the other rolled a Zombie Horde?
Zombie Hordes shit all over everything Zombies get.

Ill have to convert a lot of it form odt. I have 3 files. Full Character List, Main Rules, Items/Events (includes Weapons). any specific file or all of them?

a lot of late game stuff isnt filled in because, well, why bother for now

should be deinonychus tbqh

true, never really thought about it. I think Vikings have he swim ability

leftovers from human and fantasy

Zombie and Zombie Horde can be stacked on each other (sacrifice 1/2 HP so mutliples of matching characters can be used in battle). other classes have similar things ( wasp and wasp infestation)

the rues are separated into different documents so theyd be easier to edit and print.
these are NOT updated after the recent runs so a lot of the inconsistencies have already been acknowledged.
Some things you will want to know. Up to 4 Characters can enter battle. The Active Zone (the area in which characters can attack or be attacked) holds 2 and the Support Zone (characters cannot attack or be attacked unless noted otherwise). There 8 sub-classes. only characters with certain subclasses may possess weapons and learn moves form that sub-classes moveset.

Also please disregard the movelists which follow each class of characters. The movelists (and movepool system in general) are getting a massive overhaul.

failed to mention Id need to put all the rule together in the same document if i want to put it up here

this list is all items, weapons, and events