What is your opinion on his person and his youtube content?

What is your opinion on his person and his youtube content?

literally who / 10

He's alright.

I don't know who this guy is or what his youtube content is. But I'm going to assume baed on the smarm in his eyes and his beard that he's insufferable.

I wish youtoobers would stop shilling here to get more hits.

he gives good GM advice. Do you know similar channels? I prefer GMs talking about how to run a game more than recorded games. I donĀ“t know if this makes sense.

This.

Sorry OP, nobody seems to know who (you) are.

Mechanically, he makes pretty good suggestions. His take on 4th edition's skill challenges was pretty good. Completely misses the mark on other stuff though (in my opinion.) Comes off as very hand holdey to his players.

The big Gipsy Danger is the only thing in this picture I care about.

His bit on Alignment was interesting

It would be difficult/horrible to be a player in this guy's group: that's where the insufferable may apply, but there have been a couple of his blathers that I've liked so thumbs up.

He's a real old school grognard who is obsessed with keeping things old school and OG D&D-esque.

If you can get past that, a lot of his DMing advice is pretty good.

>tfw thinking about making a youtube channel for podcast
>tfw not sure if my idea is retarded
I do a lot of research into old cults/conspiracy theories/urban legends. with a focus on americana ones. The idea would be every episode focusing on a single one and exploring the history and the like.

I would focus on ones in california, because I can travel to do research in person for those.

The stuff on how the Hobbit was a soft DM running a sandbox and how LotR was a railroad with Frodo while Aragorn was an actually well run campaign made me go hmmm.

Rolling 1d12 per watch/short rest/hex traveled and having random encounters on 11-12 sounds like a decent idea.

Just do it, faggot. There is not much of a downside and maybe you can end up making a small profit off of what you like doing. Stop asking us to hold your hand. Get your own confidence.

Matthew Colville is excellent and new GMs should definitely watch his videos.

ok Matt

He's alright. Better than Dawnforge or whatever the fuck that other dude is. Still wish there were more like this just so we have some variety (Dawnforge ran a lot of people off by trolling them into nonexistence, admitted to it and then later deleted his admission episode and makes something like $2k a month from patreon supporters just so he can talk endlessly about Pathfinder...)

I dislike talking heads for dry game advice. Not engaging or information dense enough. I know he's reaching more people by posting on Youtube, but I'd just as well read a bunch of Robin D. Laws or Slyflourish or whatever in a third of the time.

Works for a shitty vidya company, wouldn't game with him.

I use to watch Dawnforge before they told me that he trolled other youtubers.
His content for explaining concrete rules is descent, but still now I think his a jerk

It does, recorded games are the worst thing you could waste your time on and. The most engaging ones I saw have like 20% of content that holds my attention.

On the subject of OP, the guy's pretty good most of the time.

>a jerk
I can attest to this. He may have pulled his "apology video" but you can still find the few people he managed not to troll off Youtube reactions to it.

Apparently he wanted to get rid of competition so he would become one of the larger RPG commenters on Youtube so he could quit his job and make that sweet, sweet patreon money so he made numerous sockpuppet accounts and continually attacked, belittled and more other commenters. He then got caught and "apologized". Dropped him after just a few episodes anyway when I realized he had a massive Pathfinder boner.

Either buy a self serve ad or fuck off to >>>r/shekels, shill