Fucking stupid bard keeps pissing off enemies and starting fights without ever giving us a chance to try avoiding...

>Fucking stupid bard keeps pissing off enemies and starting fights without ever giving us a chance to try avoiding conflict
>Quietly stewing in my anger for months
>Can't take it anymore
>Veeky Forums always says the solution to problem players is to just try talking to them
>Send him a text after session saying I dislike his behavior at the table and want him to reconsider the way he approaches encounters
>He never responds
>The next day I get a text from the GM
>Bard player said I was "harassing" him and the GM has a "no tolerance" policy so I'm getting kicked out of the group

Fuck you, Veeky Forums. You told me all I had to do was try talking things out. You fucking lied to me. I have no group now.

Tell others that you called someone out on being a creepy pedophile and they kicked you out.

>implying any of this happened
But seriously, if your DM is that shit about it you're better off now.

yeah, at least one line from your story is a lie, or you're omitting something.

>try talking to them
>Send him a text

If you can't even follow simple directions, how did you manage to fill out your character sheet in the first place

Yeah, this. Passive aggressive texts isn't 'talking'. You millennial kids...

(If this story was true) Texting was a good decision because now OP has a record of exactly what the bard considers harassment and can show that to the GM.

If the bard like combat so much, maybe find him alone one day and make sure he gets his fill?

People like that deserve to get sent to the hospital for being whiny, passive-aggressive pussies. Next time, bring it up right in the middle of the group before the game gets up and running so that way he can't weasel his way out of it.

Learn from this and be way more aggressive in the future, I've had to deal with two or three groups that had idiots like them in it. People that play there way, group dynamic and goals be damned. After you get shafted by party politics a few times you learn to verbally destroy them in front of everyone so they can't go play sycophant to the GM behind your back.

If shit like this happened and we all know it doesn't, the idea that the GM is there to decide between personal disagrements is pretty retarded. He should show it to all the players.

>texting
First mistake
>communication that doesn't have the group present
Second mistake

As a teacher, it was a hard won lesson that, especially with disruptive assholes, you want to confront people away from their friends if you want any improvement.

You're better off without them if they are like that.

On the one hand he was dumb for not just sitting down and talking. On the other he now has physical proof.

Show us.
Texts or GTFO.

Should have brought it up with both of them at the same time

You fucked up, user, but there are plenty of other groups out there

That's for a teacher, someone in authority in charge of kids. It's different with co-players in a gaming group.

You should always talk to him in front of the GM, remember, he controls the game.
Also he could learn more about the conflict between you two (and luckily, might include it in the game.)

>talk to him
>texts him instead

One job and YOU fucked it bro. Texting isnt the same as talking. No context clues or human interactions. What I'VE would have done is talk to the gm about the behavior and then talk to the player. Now all you can do is talk to the gm and hope your still good by explaining that you didnt mean to fuck it. And by talk i mean TALK.

We all know OP went full autismo in his text.

Why didn't you handle it in character? It may be dull but if it's character design to start fights constantly then why complain outside the game?

Plus if your character complained rather than you, you wouldn't have got RL screwed.

>(If this story was true) Texting was a good decision because now OP has a record of exactly what the bard considers harassment and can show that to the GM.

(If this story was true) OP should have said the words out loud while both the GM and the other player were in the same room as him.

This, there's no way this story is true without significant autism involved. I'd be interested in seeing the alleged text.

>"Talk to them" now means "Call them out publicly and put everyone on the spot."
Confirmed for never having dealt with an asshole. Bringing up someone's failings around other people, especially people considered friends, makes them exceptionally defensive. This will also make them lash out, which will in turn make the rest of the group less likely to back you up then and there when it matters.

Fucking this:
You did nothing wrong and they are just assholes. Move along.

Show us the text OP, then we will now if your a fag or not

>Confirmed for never having dealt with an asshole
Bro, I'm in marketing. Talking to assholes who are already mad at me for existing using techniques that make them want to give me money is my job.

You are obviously an intelligent person, so I know you'll agree that the best way to bring up this problem you're having with a certain player is to tell them directly "I don't like how your character is always starting unnecessary fights, because it's making the game less fun for me".

You probably had already been causing trouble in the group without noticing and/or the text you sent was more aggressive than you've implied here.