Is your character the party leader? What kind of leader are they?

Is your character the party leader? What kind of leader are they?

If not, what kind of character does yours follow?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cQ-dwXzdCnY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wasn't really the leader but I tried to be a hero.

This lead me to taking off my armor and running through a town with a torch into an inn chased by werewolves so I could be locked in while the inn was burnt down around me.

It was scary.

The party leadership is sort of collaborative effort. One character presses on and tears the way through. The others are trying to steer.

my character is ostensibly the party leader, but mostly at he rest of the party's convenience.

I joined the game late, and the previous de facto leader's player had left. the party is a superpowered black ops squad in a scifi future setting using a system for playing super heroes. my character is the youngest son of a wealthy and influential family who is by and large a complete failure who is internet famous for risking his life. He was at first the de facto leader by virtue of being the most decisive character in a moment of crisis, and then the best liar in the face of red tape. After saving the rest of the party we were abducted by terrorists and held by a psychic egomaniac, my character spearheaded the party against him due to deep seated issues with people poking in his brain. finally he was recruited by the organization the party is working for and was made official team leader, except when the rest if the party ignores him in the field because they think they know better (with about a 50/50 rate of that being true)

My character is the party face and due to his megalomania he believes himself to be the leader.

It's actually more of a group effort thing.

No, he's more like the party Speedwagon.
Supportive, but ultimately useless in the grand scheme of things.
Which is just how a DMPC should be.

sort of? given the party muscle is his Hired Hand, and he's the other half of the Melee compliment. the other two party members tend to give his opinions, and ideas a fair amount of weight.

As much as I try not to be, yeah. I am. I guess it's the problem of being the player who pays the most attention. Hell I even get stuck doing more face stuff than the damn bard because he's too busy being a murder hobo or surfing grinder on his phone...

>surfing grinder on his phone...
Disgusting

when I DM, I usually suggest the party elect a caller, just as there is a mapper or default marching orders. it makes thing run much smoother to have a clearly defined leader.

Deciding on a leader out of character sounds lame. It's something that should happen in game, characters should fall into whatever role they do naturally.

Not quite a leader, but he was the glue of the party: he wasn't smart enough to be a leader, he wasn't good with words enough to be a diplomat, but he was always there when anyone needed him. He was funny, a bit weird, dumb, but always cheery and happy, ready to aid everyone as soon they needed it, going as far as almost dying for them more than once.

He wasn't really seeing anyone as "leader", if not maybe the party paladin and the rogue, mostly because they seemed to have their ideas clear, but that aside, he didn't follow orders because it was his duty, but because he thought of them as his friends. For a matter of fact, he was trying to find a place where to belong, and a family to which belong. With the party he didn't quite get that, but at least he had a "pack" with which he could travel.

This

My characters usually follow whomever they have to in order to get what they want

The few times I have been the temporary party leader, it generally leads to getting the others dragged into some illicit shenanigans, only to hastily get everything back in order before the usual leader returns.

Mostly, though, the party leader emerges over time.

Yes, and it generally works like this

1. Talk to powerful and important NPCs privately while being powerful and important.

2. Create elaborate strategies and plans, most of which revolve planning around the other PCs, not actively directing them.

3. Proceed to herd cats.

4. Lament the choice of retainers the gods deemed fit to grant me.

Yes, to my dismay. She's personally hard-charging, but that suits her power set as she's an extremely mobile brick, but otherwise very laid back. She'll mostly let her teammates do their thing, unless she gets an interesting idea or if she needs them to coordinate on an attack. Then again, all of the people in this team of superhumans are just barely old enough to be classified as teenagers.

My PC has become the de facto leader because somebody has to herd these goddamn cats, and he believes he has the most common sense (which may or may not be true).

Couldn't agree more. Once had a DM appoint his gf as "party leader"....
Ruined the whole experience

That sounds lame. There's a cognitive dissonance in the new school's very gamic emphasis on player facing mechanics (character "builds" etc.) and their impulsive, hypocritical refusal to accept meta's intrusion on their precious RP - only when given on no unclear terms.

My character always leads. Infact, I'm playing the leader in this cool new game called life.

I'm looking for players that want to house party, practice martial arts, and be real life superheroines.

No chickens allowed, to bypass the illusory shield of the mantis king you must see through the void and seek true inner courage.

seeking party members to guard the playboy mansion and accompany other party armed party members to accompany others too and from various stores for goods and services to protect them from gang stalking.

Full time job, will recieve $700 check from the government monthly. If you dont already recieve a check, must discuss the acquisition of cash with me personally. Paranoid schizophrenia disability is really easy to get- a simple lie to the psychiatrist will ensure you have 24/7 time off to fight the negaverse.

We will train you.

Please dont mention the paranoid schizophrenia, if your interested please send an e-mail titled ' house party ' to [email protected]

Again, $700 monthly checks are easy to acquire and together we can achieve greatness.

Signed ~ Your leader.

>recieve
fucked it up

Why is it like this? Everyone knows the police work for the Mantis King, right? His technique is to decieve your instincts like specially formulated animal hormones designed to lure you into traps. My advice is to fight your instincts and send me an E-mail if you dont want to pass away into dust.

>seen
More like caused, bitch be crazy.

In our traveller game, my ex Ground assault marine is the defacto leader when the shooting starts. Otherwise he's just the hired muscle.

The idea is to create a futanari samurai house capable of fighting off evil ninja and guarding eachother's backs. No one is allowed to have sex with other individuals outside the house, or they will be ostracized. All individuals must take another party member when them when leaving the house in order to verify no sexual misconduct or the contraction of STDs.

I'm looking forward to building a contact list and establishing a chatroom of willing participants to plan the location of our bordello. Roleplayers are a must. Should be willing to roleplay superheroic settings to neurologically train the feel of the mansion before we move in, so that each member knows what to expect.
Estrogen is easy to acquire, but not enforced- I like a guy every now and then even if its only in my imagination. (That means you.)

So yes. Gal Force. Episode. 1

Should be noted that the mantis king will threaten your heart and compartmentalization matrix if he cannot get a confirmed lifepath from you resulting in real death (30 to 60 years or so.)
The object is to break his illusion and team up before the death plan sits in. His struggle against you, causing things to seem messy, tangled, and ragged is the very essence of our struggle.
Consider it before the zombie police cage you into nuero slavery, where death is imminent.

I am the party leader, but im not very good at it. Sometimes my party must take take a job they wouldn't normally take. Sometimes i ask them to trust my judgement, and often i betray that trust. Sometimes i lead them into situations where they see or do things they shouldn't. Sometimes i knowingly put them in situations where circumstances and the fight for survival make them base, mutilate them, make them less, in order to prepare them for what is to come.

I have given orders that killed friends and spared enemies, all for the greater good of course.

I have send them into battles, to which they went willingly, from whence they did not return.

And still they follow me.

I care not for your gold, your lands and your magical artefacts of untold power.

Loyalty is the truest of treasures.

But yeah, real death- thats Who's goal. Your not life that are you?

He's an arrogant tosser, but he's the only one in the party who has a clear direction and he's charismatic enough that the others follow him because they think he will make them rich and powerful.

To be fair, he probably will, since his goal is to become a king, and he values his siblings a great deal.

29/M/Oklahoma (Sometimes Texas)
^-- House party leader.
I enjoy mIRC RPGs, D&D, LARP, Martial Arts, and ritualistic Mahou (Japanese Magic).

I smoke weed and cosplay. Interested in transitioning into shemale one day when life settles in- until then I am a dedicated homosexual. (Can be Bi with other Shemale Futa.)

Ok for real- is there a lack of sex in here or is it just me?

Also, must be prepared to prevent infiltration from undercover police- I SMOKE WEED.

I plan on having plastic surgery one day. I have a few plans to make millions, but I require dedicated help from loyal employees, sex slaves, surfs, and apprentices.

Interested parties please message [email protected] with the title ( HOUSE PARTY )

I am more than happy to supply the currency for plastic surgery and feminization of the loyalest of sex slaves and mangaka apprentices, but that will be a few years off. We can incorporate 12 or more in a single house if we need to.

Interestingly, three out of four built more-or-less social characters. One pseudo-communist rebel demagogue, one ex-government spook infiltrator, one sociopathic emotion-junkie mind-reader and one willingly-mutating mad doctor/body sculptor. So far, our ability to charm, lie, deceive and telling opportune parts of the truth has been at LEAST as useful as our ability to kick ass.

We've turned Black Crusade into grimdark Shadowrun, and I'm perfectly okay with it.

What the FUCK happened to this thread?

Oh god Tumblr is here, everybody out.

Seeking Life partners. The house party and it's crew should be a lifelong endeavor. No one who is prone to no shows, or to quitting when the going gets tough. Requires someone who can survive a yelling match like your life depends on it.

I'd give a lot for any new player who could naturally assume this position. Usually I'm a GM but once I get to play I just have to be a leader because our party is pretty indecisive and no one knows the rules well so I'm sorta navigating everyone through combat too. And the guy, let's call him Nate, who usually leads them and knows the rules, is the one who GMs for me.

Another guy, let's call him Jeff, tried to GM, but he's using an obscure hack only I cared to read and Nate just can't even look like he remotely cares about this game. So I'm leading again. It's a tiresome cycle.

My party has the tendency to switch around the role as "leader" a lot depending on the subject, because they're all fairly dysfunctional.

The Paladin/Barbarian is mostly our moral and legal compass, but he's not the most traveled guy around.

The Bard/Rogue tends to lead the group whenever we're dealing with underhanded sorts or persuading people, because he's the most street-smart, but not exactly the wisest.

The Mage knows a lot of stuff, like how to defeat certain enemies or how to most efficiently solve a puzzle or question, but otherwise she just kinda takes to the sideline.

The Dragonborn Brawler tends to act as our "Scooby" through dungeons and forests because of his sharp nose and other senses, but also isn't too smart either.

youtube.com/watch?v=cQ-dwXzdCnY

How is it any different than declaring a point man, rear guard or mapper? The point of a caller is that you can look to one person to get directions from in a crawl, a position that will naturally be assumed by someone anyway.

The players don't need to know the rules to play unless the GM is doing something wrong

>The players don't need to know the rules to play
>The players
>don't need to know
>the rules to play

I'm sorry what the fuck?

I'm to beta to lead anything

Doesn't mean your character is

I try not to be the leader and let the others try to sort out everything but end up having to because they almost die. And I usually play Half-Orc Barbarians or Dumb Strong Characters

I wouldn't call my character the leader. He drives people ahead when shit gets dangerous sometimes, sure, but when it comes to getting prepared and planning for the next move he tends to just stand by his best friend (literally and figuratively) and agree with the most sensible sounding plan put forward (it's usually just whatever plan that depends on the fewest external variables and maintains his virtues of being honest, direct and courageous).

Any leading he manages to do, whether bolstering morale, pointing out a flaw in an opponent or taking charge of a social situation where the face's methods are failing, are done by example.

Best way to do it desu

Yup, they can learn it at the table. Rulebooks are for GM's.

The group is currently split. One half is being led by the player turned potential-BBEG, the other half is being led by the shaman player. My character isn't a leader type, more a Mad Max type since the game is post apoc.

I'm always the party leader, no matter what game and with whom I play. Sometimes, GMs try to artificially give decisive power to other players (with them being nobles, sons or daughters of our chief, them knowing parts of the adventure background), but they never give a single fuck and I always end up having to point them to the next dungeon or mission. And the GMs are usually buttmad about me "seizing the other players power" because they apparently fail to understand all the others player interests are basically slaying orcs and getting riches.

No one else in this tiresome situation? being Foreverleader is suffering.

In Kingmaker (Pathfinder), my paladin is the party leader because he has the most invested in succeeding. He's a former diplomat of a lost house claiming a birthright of nobility/royalty. The dhampyr magus(who my guy thinks is just a cursed half elf) is, seemingly just along for the ride because it's fun. The tiefling gun mage is here because it beats living on the streets and constantly being on the lam. What type of leader is he? Nobility is divinely ordained to lead the common folk and has a mandate to do so justly. Good is inherently ordered. Justice can involve mercy just as often as an executing blade. Nothing is free in life, mercy is no exception. Inspiration, respect, and a healthy fear of his scythe, keep people in line. His fledgling kingdom is guarded by those who were given the option of swearing their fealty (mercy) or offering their head (justice). So, it's as likely the city guard that patrols the block at night is a trained soldier as it is a reformed highwayman.

Leadership wad split mostly between me and another player by virtue of being the least dumb and most cooperative.

So far she's been sort of a de facto party leader, simply because she's the best at talking to the NPCs and is the only one with particularly strong feelings about what to do. (The other party members being a dickass thief who doesn't really give a shit about anyone or anything but himself, and a mute axewoman who mostly likes to chop things up.)

We did just get several new members to the party who might shake up that dynamic a bit, though.