You are an Inquisitor collecting all sorts of alien shit across the galaxy

You are an Inquisitor collecting all sorts of alien shit across the galaxy.

Obviously you need somewhere to put all your dangerous alien gubbins so you build a Fortress/Dungeon.

How do you protect your dungeon to stop heretics from stealing your aliens? What traps do you put in your dungeon?

put your holiday home on macragge

done

Obviously my 'dungeon' is the same Mars-Class Battlecruiser that I travel around in.

It's easy. I 'store' my filthy xenos tech in the heart of the nearest sun. Each item I get is fired full speed at the closest star. There! Now the galaxy is safe.

Fuck that, I just dump it at the nearest Watch Fortress. Kills 2 birds with one stone - one it protects the shit, and two it gets me in good with the Deathwatch.

I build a secret fortress inside the moon of a dead planet in a dead system, staff it with indocrinated soldiers and acolytes, arm it to the teeth, and name it The Thousand Spires or The Fortress Tenebrous or The Doomcastle or something else ominous and pretentious. Then I live like a supervillain while expanding my power base.

As soon as you deliver your wretched cargo, the Deathwatch purges your ship from the sky. Too dangerous to risk that you had traveled all this way with the works of the immaterium in your hold and not been affected by it.

Good point. So don't get the Astartes involved. You would need someone to guard your trinkets though, who would you use?

Precariously stack your loot so that attempting to pinch something causes it all to fall on you

Monowire triplines that run an electric current through them.

So, they are stuffed either way.

A) they get sliced in half passing through the door; or
B) they cut the wire which sets off an alarm.

One of your filthy xenos tech devices was a tesseract labyrinth. Destroying it released the C'tan shard inside and it proceeded to feast on the star. Great going, genius.

Nothing like murdering an inquisitor in good standing to endear you to the Ordo Xenos.

Said no one ever.

They are Space Marines. They don't care

Ah yes. The Space Marines who form a Chamber Militant subordinate to the Ordo Xenos can off Inquisitors without qualm.

Yes.

Sure.

Boy howdy you convinced me.

I ask the Blood Ravens to take care of it. I'm not going to stop them stealing anything, so I might as well use them to make sure the stuff they don't want remains secure.

Sounds like you know an awful lot of xeno words, there. Are you questioning a member of the holy Ordo?

I give them all to the Vorpal Swords.

Ostensibly answerable to the Ordo Xenos. But do you think the master of the Deathwatch would jump if an Inquisitor told him to?

The Inquisition is not a strict hierarchy and there are many sects and infighting groups. The death of one Ordo Xenos Inquisitor is unlikely to stir any shitstorm the deathwatch couldn't weather, assuming he wasn't an Inquisitor Lord

Depends on how many friends the recently deceased had, and how highly they were placed.

Doesn't do well to waste someone's promising protege when you're just a brother marine and can be sent anywhere.

What's that, a detachment of 5 isn't enough to put down that Genestealer outbreak? You and your men will probably die for no good cause? Hardly your decision to make brother captain. Now off you go, and don't come back in a hurry, there's a good chap.

This.

But it still goes to show that it is not a strict boss-subordinate relationship

The Deathwatch deal with xenotech all the time dumb nig. They even carry it into battle.

Unless you are obviously consorting with xenos against the Imperium, the Deatwatch doesn't give a shit about the technology you carry.

Try reading a book.

>Carry it into battle

Unless this was in the new codex or something, I am calling bullshit

>Xenophase Blade (i.e. C'tan Phase Blade)
>Rarely seen outside the Deathwatch, the xenophase blade is an ancient and barely understood artefact weapon. Some believe it has its origins amongst long-defeated xenos dynasties, though speaking of its history has long been forbidden on pain of excruciation. Its efficacy is beyond question, for its blade ripples with a molecular realignment field that allows it to cleave through force fields and metaphysical wards as easily as it cuts through physical armour.

Totally forgot about C'tan swords. The Assassin Temples use them too.

That is a one-off for the Deathwatch though, isn't it?

I wonder if there is a Inquisitor somewhre who made a business out of securely storing other inquisitors trinkets.

I'm sorry, but without the receipt I can't hand you back your tessaract labyrinth right now.

Storage Warhammer 40k?

in my Dark heresy game we have a smaller Ordo known as the Ordo incarcerous who are essentially space SCP foundation mixed with some delta green.

We've been going to black sites that have dropped out of contact and cleaning up messes.
Researching rumours and containing things

they have a code of honour, a few characters and some base plans as well as a small amount of background fluff and contained stuff

Who are we?
The keeper at the gates.

What do we do?
Contain, Detain, Destroy.

what is our code?
Ask no questions, tell no lies

It's shit

I don't understand why you want to shit on other peoples fun.

Either have constructive criticisms or fuck off.

I have my own ship, which was purpose-built for me by tech-priests of the forge world whose minor tech-heresy I allow to go unnoticed in exchange for providing me with what I need to fund and fuel my own strike force, including the cruiser I use as my mobile "dungeon".

Fuck, this makes me want to play Rogue Trader, even though I've never played any pen and paper RPG and have never even heard of any acquaintance of any of my acquaintances doing so.

By the way, are the only ways for Inquisitors to measure their "wealth" or power to "buy" things relative to other inquisitors:

A) Ignoring minor heresy or crimes in exchange for bribes

or

B) Stamping down on Inquisitors who get wealth from option A, and gaining the favour or debt of those who want that corruption stamped out (eg: a Forge World which was being illegally embargoed by the rival Forge World which Inquisitor A would have been allowing to harass the other)?

I suppose there's a third way that's not exclusive to straight-laced or crooked Inquisitors: succeed with the resources you have and gain a reputation which will lead Forge Worlds, Army Regiments, and the like to put their skin on the line for your mission.

When you think about it, Inquisitors and their adventures really are of the perfect "RPG hero" archetype, aren't they?

Did a whole campaign based on this. Had an inquisitor who ran a big prison/holding facility for other inquisitors. While the party were there storing the big bad of the previous campaign, the big bad of the new campaign opened all the cells.

Let me use all sorts of whacky enemies including a particularly clever lictor, an ork commando/mekboy who ended up working with the party and was eventually the only inmate to escape and a dark eldar scourge who was a bigger problem to the party than the big bad (who was a rogue inquisitor in the end).

I think you mean Storehammer 40k

Das it mane.

I keep the things that i need, give some to the deathwatch, then i destroy the rest. Badabing badaboom problem solved no need to spend my life time building a shitty fort for some cunt to break into

Sounds pretty cool but:

>what is our code?
>Ask no questions, tell no lies

"Ask no questions" is kind of a goofy slogan for Inquisitors. Telling no lies is just a poor strategy all around.

Read the section on Influence in Dark Heresy 2e. Basically, you build up connections as an Acolyte, building a network of contacts in the Imperium's power structure, and the status of Inquisitor isn't so much bestowed as recognized: once an Acolyte's built a power base suitable for an Inquisitor, then the other Inquisitors will recognize them as a peer and formally grant them the title.

So, for instance, let's say that you're an Acolyte sent to a morgue to investigate some corpses that belonged to members of a known Chaos cult that you have been involved in purging recently. One of them lurches to life and becomes a Plague Zombie, and scares the shit out of the coroner; you promptly shoot it to death and save his life, earning his gratitude. You ask him for his hive-vox number, and now you've got a contact that you can use if you need a semi-discreet autopsy done. Voila, another point or two of Influence, and now you're one tiny step closer to becoming an Inquisitor.

Repeat that process dozens if not hundreds of times over, through feats of valour and cunning great and small, and if you don't perish to the many perils of the 41st Millennium first, you will soon see the makings of a new Inquisitor.