Who would unironically love a tabletop game of Pandora

Who would unironically love a tabletop game of Pandora
It wouldn't be set during the movie, just a random time in Pandora's history
The minis would include Na'vi, alien horses, Leonopteryx, banshees, and more creatures from the movie and upcoming movies
Only reddit would hate a tabletop game as they hate everything Avatar related

Other urls found in this thread:

rpg.net/reviews/archive/12/12118.phtml
youtube.com/watch?v=6rKg11tu3HA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Would rather be humans coming back and torching the place

This. give me AMP suits, gunships, and sturdy men. I'll finish the blue fucks that dare stop manifest destiny.

Only redditors unironically rooted for humans

Is Veeky Forums neo-reddit Jesus Christ
Take your manchild fantasies somewhere else

Wouldn't love it but it would be neat, I'm a sucker for floating islands so that's a point in the cool factor for me.

And now that I think about it, a game where you temporarily tame and take control of dinosaur-like creatures with that head tail thing would be fun, make it like Pokemon Ranger or something.

That's a huge appeal of Pandora, even the most ferocious monsters like Leonopteryx can be tamed
It would be an interesting plot twist if the whole moon is a thinking organism that has intelligently designed the creatures on it to be all connected with each other and the mother organism, Pandora, all living thinking biosphere
That would explain the memories of Na'vi being stored in some of the trees etc

>It would be an interesting plot twist

That's not a plot twist, that's the plot. The trees are a vast neural network that is self-aware and runs the planet. Everything on that planet appears to be bioengineered by the trees.
The corporate douchebag mistakes it all for a bunch of mystical tree-worshipping hippie nonsense, but it's actually incredibly advanced biotech, and once it becomes aware of the problem of the invaders, happily stomps it out.
The lesson being, never confuse an intelligent lifeform for a myth from your own planet and thereby infer its nonexistence.

OP, if you made it, I'd play it.

>every creature on the planet is part of a hivemind that keeps even its most intelligent 'buds' in a tribal state

>it can even take control of the minds of those born off-world, so long as their consciousness touches its own even once

Well, from the natives' perspective, the trees have intentionally made them a goddamned paradise, though not a curated theme park one where nothing can hurt you, but one that's totally real.
Mind control isn't needed either, it has plenty of ways to tempt the humans that went out in avatars.

This thread is fascinating op. Never before have I witnessed such a disconnect between a studios expectations "it will be he next Star Wars" and a film receive a more lukewarm response from the public. Aren't there going to be like 3 more films and a themed land at Disney animal kingdom? Yet no one gives a shit.

I have many friends who are eagerly anticipating the next Avatar movies
You need to hang out with normies for a change

I don't think I'm capable of making a top tier tabletop game
I would love to have the skills to do so though

It was a bland piece of shit, the humans were the only good part.

That's your opinion. Now tell us why you believe your opinion is true.

>YES
What popular system could easily be adapted for Pandora?

TECHNOLOGY, starships, AMP suits, Quaritch. Although the whole thing that you could upload minds to the world-network of Pandora was pretty cool but really unexplored.

Stephen Lang is a fun character actor and I'm glad he's been getting more work recently?

So star-trek imperialism is more interesting than bio-manipulative planet hive mind?

A planetary loci isn't a concept as original as you probably think it is. Also, humans already had reliable starships with unobtainium, which makes their interest in Pandora much more justified than simple imperialism.

*planetary genius loci

Nearly a 3 hour long "romantic" shitshow, I'm not one to say that tropes are bad but it just felt like a paint by numbers movie with some interesting setpieces and tech (As in the tech behind the movie not the stuff in it) to prop it up, the whole neural network was interesting but underused, the plot made no fucking sense why even bother with diplomacy when you could just nuke from orbit and harvest a nice easy lump of metal.
At least the humans seemed like actual characters with agency and not dumbfuck treehuggers who I'm supposed to give a shit about them. Shit the whole look of the Navi just screams designed to be ultra attractive, there is literally nothing alien about them other than their fucking skin.

I would rather watch Ferngully, at least it had Tim Curry singing.

>Mfw the best part of the movie was the human mechsuits kicking ass
>Mfw the human general got set on fire and literally doesn't give a fuck as he's kicking that one dummy's ass.
>Mfw we are supposed to sympathise with those faggot blue people

Horrible movie.

Because the average mass of viewers likely can't connect to any non-human characters beyond a single plot where humans are painstakingly made out to be the bad guys. Avatar 2-4 will either be "humanity returns with bigger guns" or "BIG BAD TRIBE". Either of which just results in a copy of "all the tribes team up to stop teh bad guys" like in the first one. Not saying it will be bad, just that I don't think there is enough substance there to create something that really pulls fans into the universe.

Definitely. I imagine this might play like Eco: rpg.net/reviews/archive/12/12118.phtml

>the plot made no fucking sense why even bother with diplomacy when you could just nuke from orbit and harvest a nice easy lump of metal

Wow, it's like you watched the movie, but didn't pay attention to anything that was said. That was directly addressed in the film, dude.

And the reason they didn't just nuke it is?
Because the whole climax was them nuking it.

It would've been a PR nightmare for the company.

Of course all the soldiers gave negative fucks about that since the Na'vi are out there killing them, so when they got the go ahead from corporate to kill the fuckers they didn't miss a beat.

That is a really shit reason.
For example, Foxconn are one of the scummiest companies in the world, but no one cares because they make shit we want. If you've got this magical superconductor in massive quantities, I doubt a few hippies on Earth will be able to make a big enough noise to dissuade people from buying and using it.

Fuck everything.

Fuck the retarded naavi fanboys.
Fuck the retarded PMC fanboys.

I want Avatar to be about a bunch of scientists plugging some AI super computers into that goddamn tree and the entire planet becoming a biomechanical planet sized super computer.

Of course, that cocksucker James Cameron would never do something like that because James Cameron is fucking afraid of bleep bloop artificial intelligence.

Give me my goddamn SKYtreeNET.

>the humans were the only good part.

>literally colonial marines from aliens, except even dumber and more retarded

What?

And yet they were still the best part.
Almost as if the rest of the movie was so shit it made what would have been shit in another movie look good.

What would it be about?

How deeply you live in harmony with everything?

Pandora without humans is a boring as shit place, once you look past the pretty CGI. Literally nothing happens. No conflict, no politics, no advancing sciences, nothing. Just a bunch of blue fuckers who'll lead the exact same lives as the bunch of blue fuckers before them, in peace and harmony. Maybe there might be a hunting accident every once in a while, but probably not.

They do fights and kill each other every so often. Just like regular Indians prior to 1492.

What Pandora needs is MOTHERFUCKING HARMONY.

Why bother creating avatars? Just implant bioplugs into humans. Jack into the local lifeforms, put some armour on the animals, and just go cossack mode.

>It would've been a PR nightmare for the company.
So in other words
youtube.com/watch?v=6rKg11tu3HA

>That is a really shit reason.
Which is why they wound up doing it anyway. The initial plan was to get a nice PR boost for being nice to the natives while still getting the space rocks and avoiding unnecessary casualties but it didn't pan out so they just blew the fuck out of the tree anyway.

This is not a complicated plot, friendo.

I never saw this movie but my dad (he's 70) won't shut up about how awesome it is.

From a technical perspective it's very impressive. The visual design of the world (though not the actual native people) is very good and you can tell they had experts in every graphical field involved.

The story is a slightly less generic version of Pocahontas, though only because humans have mechs and the Injuns have a nervous system that extends out into their hair.

Also, 'Hallelujah Mountains' is a fucking perfect name for a landmark and I'm pissed I didn't think of it first.

I would love that. I love the Avatar universe, but mostly the human tech so in that tabletop game I would have to have humans to really enjoy it.
Also, I have never played a tabletop game, but this would make me instantly dive into that hobby.

Is there a Terminator tabletop? Also reminded me of this /tv/ copypasta.

Avatar 2 - The Earth's military lands on Pandora with high-tech war machinery and an army of cybernetic soldiers aka Terminators. It's a brutal war and the Na'vi are massacred. They push the Na'Vi to the brink of extinction and in their desperation the Na'Vi decide to use an ancient threat locked away by their ancestors. The final scene of Avatar 2 would be them breaking into an ancient chamber, the floor covered in eggs, camera does a slow pan up to reveal an Alien Queen. She roars. Cut to black.

>Avatar 3
>Alien facehuggers attach themselves to Pandora animals and we get to see completely new versions that are bigger and deadlier
>new Aliens massacre everything they find, including the Na'vi
>the humans with the help of the Terminators manage to hold them back but their position changed from an offensive one to a defensive one
>the Alien numbers grow out of control and the Na'vi can't defend against them any longer
>humans are close to going down as well
>humans and Na'vi team up
>a huge war devours the planet
>the final shot will be outside the orbit of Pandora
>a spaceship approaches but it doesn't look like something humans would build
>it becomes invisible
>fade to black

>Avatar 4
Humans, Terminators, Aliens and Predators on Pandora fucking shit up

What would you even DO?