/kdm/kdg/kdmg/ - Kingdom Death General

Discussing actual game stuff edition

FAQ
>What is it?
Kingdom Death is a board game where you kill monsters to make cool new hats.
>Where can I buy it?
Nowhere. You just missed the kickstarter, and the webstore wont be getting any more stock while the update is in production. Should restock on Black Friday. If you want to play it, check eBay for the old version, or play over Tabletop Simulator.
>When does it deliver?
Core game will likely be this year, mid-late fall. Current Expansions will ship soon after, followed by Gamblers Chest and Promos next year, then Expansions shipping in two or three waves between then and 2020.

>Thread Discussion
What was the best survivor you ever had, and what made them so great?

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster/posts/1280610
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Old Thread

Discussing waifu stuff subediton.

>What was the best survivor you ever had, and what made them so great?

Second best survivor I had was the first gal to get to fist and tooth mastery, which she unlocked and retired at the same time due to phoenix age shenanigans. She dipped into milestones multiple times, and in that same match we got the anusring for her to wear if she ever feels like going on a hunt.

Third for cutest witch.

Someone last thread mentioned a survivor build in the sunstalker campaign.
Can you use both survival actions in one turn? Because Hellfire does say you explode if you end your turn with any strength tokens.

Is there anywhere to get just the new pinup art at without all the extra shit from the updates?

Cut it out yourself. That's what I did to get a bunch of images that now get posted.

damn I was just hoping I could be lazy. I guess i'll do that.

I've found KD is a good cure for lazyness.

So given that the estimated shipping date for the core game is pushed back, should we also expect the current expansions to be pushed back as well? Or can we now maybe expect them around the same time as the core? I like to dream.

Expect pushed back everything due to insane demand

I expect the delay to be 6 months already.

Owners of Dung Beetle, can you post your painted models if you got them. I'm painting my friends KDM models, but he's struggling on a color scheme.

In the same strain, does anyone know a good method for painting opalescent schemes, that's the one thing he's solid on wanting.

For obalescents try a base coat of a pale/white metallic color and the add layers of different colours of a transparent paint like Tamiya clear, I don't know if it'll look good without using an airbrush though.

Now do I cry now? Or just throw a world class hissy fit? Cuz both can be done while shitting myself!

?

>So given that the estimated shipping date for the core game is pushed back

Source my dude?

I don't have the source, but like 5+ different people mentioned it in the last thread so I'm assuming it's true (and less face it, who didn't expect it). Apparently because Poots originally had an order of 10k copies being produced, but because of the crazy demand he increased it by 15000 and because of that it's gonna take another 1-3 months for all of them to be made.

Again, don't have a source, but multiple people in the last thread or two said it. Either there's an elaborate ruse, or it's true, and I don't at all doubt it.

H-hopefully the update pack will ship sooner than the core game

Here's an update on my DBK. I took one with max exposure because my room's too dark for my camera, apparently (despite having a fluorescent light)... and the other with Flash on torch mode.

Maximum exposure first. Didn't have much time to work on him today.

Oh I'm just being over dramatic and I'm slobbering for a copy bro, also what month this summer do we anticipate this? Given without the delay and original time

I think the weird back stalks need to be painted differently from the rest of the body so the colour scheme doesn't look to monotonous. The gold trim could also do to be a bit clearer in places.
Put in the work though and I think he'll turn out quite good.

Throw in a dark red or purple wash for the joints to make the armor plating pop. Could also use a black wash but you'll need to seriously thin that and apply multiple layers to get it just right.

Purple would definitely be the better choice, as it complements the green and doesn't clash with the blue.

Are there any commonly used custom/homebrew campaigns people use other than the ones listed in the manual? I think honestly the expansion I was most excited about from the kickstarter is the campaign book, as that's a great way to mix up the game especially if I'm not going to have all of the expansions for a while. People of the skull seems alright, and 7 swordsmen sounds ok at first but honestly seems more or less impossible when you factor in random instant death events so I doubt I'd ever do that without tweaking the rules.

By the way I'd like to point out that the Twilight Knight in training alternate campaign is literally the early plot of Knights of Sidonia.

You mean before it became "tanikaze and his harem?"

I like Knights of Sidonia btw. But let's be honest. That's what it turned into.

To be honest I didn't even mind that, it was a really good harem anime to be honest.

What I didn't like was the rushed ass-pull ending.

I'm not into it enough to read the manga, which means I'm waiting for the (potentially never? I dunno) 3rd season to come out, so I can only really talk about the 1st and 2nd season of the anime.

I didn't think it was rushed necessarily, but I definitely think they could have done more to explain wtf is going on. It has the same feel as attack on titan where there's all these questions but nothing is actually being accomplished/we're not getting any answers.

Action sequences are still great though, and that part in the last episode or so where the gauna tentacle girl grows herself into his mech was fucking fantastic. I had chills.

Very good, now get to work on the metal - some highlights will do
and then of course the contrasting eyes. If you plan to keep them white, you should do pinlighting to
Also clean up the white around it.

When I said rushed ending I was referring to the end of the manga, which resolves almost all the conflict through what is essentially a nonsensical Deus ex Machina.
Mind you this is only the last couple of chapters and everything up until then is still quite good and well worth reading.

Ah, gotcha. That's kind of what I figured you meant. I'm hoping for a new season cause I'm not into it enough that I want to hop into the manga. If I'm reading anything, it's Hunter X Hunter, because I've heard good things about the arc right after the anime ends. I only started watching anime really like 3 years ago, and don't tend to read mangas, but it's probably only a matter of time before I start.

The manga isn't very long, it's only 78 chapters, and the atmosphere is so much better than the anime, plus the art is amazing in the latter parts of the series..

Not the image I meant to post but I guess that kinda works.

I'm looking forward to the pledge manager survey coming out...I'll be honest it's why I keep checking these threads. Do you think we're going to be allowed to increase our pledges though? I'd really like to add another 1k and just get the God frog dog but somehow I don't think I'm gonna be allowed to do that.

We won't be able to change our pledge levels, and we probably won't be able to add core games or update packs as the orders for those have already been sent off to the factory.

It seems most likely we'll only be able to add expansions and add-ons if we can add anything at all in the pledge manager.

No one has a definitive answer

Twilight sword wielder with legendary lungs and combo master. For some reason the guy ended who played that character would roll 10's all day. Of course it ended shortly by pulling murder.

I had such high hopes for this series after reading Blame!, NOiSE, and Biomega, and was sorely disappointed.

A-user-kun! Don't you know there is a thread for your WIP?! B-baka!
Also you'll get much more useful feedback.
Starting with how to take a proper picture of your work.

And dear gods, do shade your model! You've got a nice scheme going on, but you really need to Learn2Shade

Also THIN. YOUR. PAINTS.

wip is a cesspit

Post your kdm stories /kdm
>tfw you dont own the game

Two theads I'm watching this DBK and not a single person mentioned how to take a proper picture.
Did you, user?

But hey, it's okay, no need to go to WIP if you don't want to. It's not like KD minis are hard to paint or anything. I'm sure beginners will produce all sorts of wonderful results...

Playing right now on TTS with another user and some randoms. We got through the tutorial fine, but on the first real white lion I got hit in the body 3 times a row, rolled a 1 on the severe injury chart and died. One of the randoms had to leave so I took over his character. Very next round had to roll on the body chart again, got a 2 and died. Next round the other random had to roll on the head chart and got decapitated. Now I'm watching the last user try to take out 3 wounds all by himself with some bone darts.

I like this game.

No need to be so passive aggressive user.

we should gather all anons from the thread in a closed steamgroup

>Fighting level 1 lion.
>Buddy has been drinking pretty heavily all evening.
>Our attacks are ineffective against the beast.
>Keep rolling low and stack up the hit boxes and bleed tokens.
>One guy has a gaping chest wound.
>Someone else gets their arms ripped off.
>Everyone is getting knocked down all over the place by Roars, Collisions, and Grabs.
>"Fucking Lion Fay-goot" drunk player decides to use his founding stone.
>Broken Knee or whatever permanent injury is the one where he gets KD'd if he moves on a 1.
>"Fuck you man up Puss I'll knock your fucking nose off"
>Next round the same character closes in from the front and punches the lions jaw off with plain fist.
>Player is literally bent over the table swearing at my lion miniature.
>"Fucking stupid cat piece of shit got your fucking nose just like I told you- etc.
>Channels his drunk rage through his dice to land a couple more crits over the next rounds.
>When the lion dies we still somehow manage to have 3 survivors left alive and the entire table cheers.
He swung the fight in our favour by being a angry drunkard.

>Proceeded to get knocked down multiple times
>Basically lion fucking my shit up
>Still alive despite numerous heavy injuries
Called it right there but damn, do I have good digital saving throws

are you guys doing year 2?
(or3)

i would like to watch. mind steaming me up ?

>Early in campaign, People of the Stars so we can't have Guidepost
>Fight is nothing special, just a Lion 1
>Draw Clinging Mists, get the top result and decide settlement's doing well enough, we'll punch out a L1 lion again
>L1 lion's got nothing on folks with a couple dragon traits.
>Come back to town
>IFuckingShuffled.gif Draw Clinging Mists again.
>Roll high again
>Fuck it, we're only mostly chewed up and L1 lions are garbage.
>Thanks to an early crit the third damn lion didn't know what hit it.
>Come back to settlment, let somebody else draw.
>Nickname! The nightmare is over!
>Character 'up' for nickname event is dubbed Shining Hero of the Lantern
>Character who was 'up' when drawing Clinging Mist twice gets Dingle Fool of the Antelope

And a mountain of resources was had by all.

I just want to mention that our group has had a very interesting number of lion dick crits.

Almost without fail over 5 hunts.

So Gambler's Chest.

We got a fat guy. Completely awesome.
No cutie Bone Witch. Sad.
But we got a extra Nemesis tho. Even more completely awesome.
+40 KD quality plastic miniatures including a casualty. The one miniature which will probably be used more than any other.
+A shit ton of extra expansion rules like all the new cooking stuff.
It give you new Resource cards for fucks sake.
And new Regal Armour..and three other Armour Set cards. Possibly an entire new Bone gear set or two. A dozen new fighting arts. Four settlement events..

I mean holy shit bros. Can we just conclude that if you don't get it you are literally a crazy person.

>No cutie Bone Witch. Sad.
Especially since her 3D model was previewed in one of the updates to KS1. Maybe they'll use her as one of the Savage Bone Eaters? But I think we'd have gotten a preview if that was the plan.

There is 5 Savage Bone Eaters after all. There's Hope!

>want to play this for the longest time
>that pricetag though
>turns out a guy at work owns it
>live too far away for board game night

Has anything in your life been this out of reach, /kdg?

It was mostly a test run for TTS & a learning experience for the game. Everything didn't go too smoothly so we'll probably start again.

Give donnynewday at gmail an email. We're trying to schedule a time where we all can sit down & have a session.

:^)

you really should have a group though.

nice

That arsehole clenching moment when the Manhunters first action is to destroy all 6 Terrain tiles for a Speed 7 Damage 4 attack on all four survivors. Somehow all live through the severe injuries and damage and take him down.

>Especially since her 3D model was previewed in one of the updates to KS1
Can you post this? I don't recall seeing that. Sounds interesting.

Examples of good feedback. Much appreciated. I definitely realized I'll have to wash the carapace AGAIN after adding the blue to it, unfortunately.

I guess I can make the stalks bone colored like the sword or something.

Example of shitty passive aggressive bitching no one cares about.

kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster/posts/1280610

Very first image. Linked to prove source.

But is right.
Push the shading some more. Your paint should be the consistency of milk.

If you really can't take the time to watch a paint tutorial you should just fuck off

Micropoots engaged

Not DBK wip user, but when you say "push the shading" what do you mean?

Laughing on line

I'm not the person who posted that suggestion and I'm not *good* at painting, but the DBK is flat blue. As a physical model it picks up real shadows, but choosing a light source and painting in shadows with respect to that direction will make it pop better. An asy way is just to paint shadows in under the armor ridges.

It makes the contours and general shape stand out more and makes it feel more like a physical object.

I'm only getting old expansions because I'm broke and I want to minimize on shipping costs. So, here's my current list of stuff I'm planning to get, assuming the pledge manager works out;
-Base Game 1.5
-Gambler's Chest
-Flower Knight
-Gorm
-Dragon King
How does that look? If you were limited to that number of old expansions, are those the must-haves?

Those three are the most popular and gets you just about everything you need to extend your game lifetime.

Those are probably the best mid game, early game and late game expansions respectively, all you're missing from the typically recommended old expansions is DBK but he's more late game.

Thanks! I might tack on Dung Beetle Knight, too, but it all depends on how many paychecks I get between now and whenever the pledge manager hits.

That makes some kind of sense. Ty, Brb watching more tutorials

You can never own the game.
The game will own you.

>KS ends
>poots stops posting anywhere
;_;

So, based on my single experience from last night's TTS session it seems that low accuracy, high strength weapons are better than the reverse, since the penalty for missing a wound can sometimes be some horrible shit, while the penalty for missing a hit is you just don't get to draw a HL card. Any vets come to the same conclusion?

metagaming is gay
go play dark souls you little faggot

Guy's probably in a coma recovering from sleep deprivation.

yeah because it's bait to call out minmaxers on Veeky Forums you dumb fuck

Does he have an actual job? Other than designing waifus and rape monsters I mean.

>Decide to hunt lion
>Take newbie and 3 of the best in the settlement
>Going through the Hunt phase
>Vetran Survivors get raped by insta-gib on the charts
>Mostly naked newbie gets to the show down alive
>Throws Founding Stone
>Throat Shot
>Instantly kills the Lion
>mfw when

He later became the Green Knight and fucking slaughtered the Golden King of 1000 years

Not any more.

Good for him.

this is true it's also in general better to use the cat's eye circlet to check hit locations and then hit with your slow reliable weapons. There are however some fights that benefit from fast weapons.

I'd call it a hype-coma.

Also he's had hardly any time to himself for the last month or so, let him enjoy his week of carboyz.

Granted, I'm sure he's still doing background stuff, but it's generally better to not reveal every tiny thing you're working on when it comes to kickstarter, as too much info can indeed be a bad thing.

I get the distinct feeling that this is his job now. After all the shit he went through to make the first KS happen I'd be fucking amazed if he could do that and hold down a part time shift gig, nevermind full time work.

>christmas order marked as fullfilled in the store day 3
>day 12, usps still has no info about the parcel
What the fuck.

>Percival down to 7 on the web store

Last chance, lads!

The survival action to activate devistating also requires you to also consume a +1 STR token to activate IIRC.

I was debating buying a Percival, and bit the bullet yesterday. Bit pricey but I'm pretty happy with my decision.

Are you going to post this in every thread replying to random posts with seemingly no reason?

>namefags desperately trying to get (You)'s
>no reason
go away ekoi

Sorry misread the question, you can perform every survival action once each turn so for this build you would spend 3 independent survival actions: Charge up, Surge, Devestate. Skip the charge up to prevent explosion if you get a +1 STR token any other way.