Starting new DnD 5e adventure this Friday

>Starting new DnD 5e adventure this Friday
>Need a unique char. idea to spice up the game
>pic unrelated

Please Veeky Forums, I've been stuck as a DM for months and I'm creatively bankrupt.

Other urls found in this thread:

whothefuckismydndcharacter.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Give some of the most extreme examples of character you've done.

Do you want normal NPCs, villains... DMPCs?

I should clarify, I'm playing and need an interesting character to play. Apologies.

Kenku Bard on the run from the Bard College for stealing other Bards song. Copyright Infringement is serious business, but a "Mokingbird" got to sing.

Okay, so... what characters did you have the most fun roleplaying as?

EAGER HALF-ELF RANGER FROM A BOARDING SCHOOL WHO IS IN SO FAR OVER THEIR HEAD THAT THEY CAN'T HELP BUT LAUGH

First character, and arguably my best, was a Dragonborn Bard/Warlock that used his patron's powers to play death metal.

More recently I had played a paladin with 1 hand that he had crafted replacements for (hook, mace, wooden replica hand, tankard, etc.)

The former is on the more comedic end, the latter more serious.

What's the tone/setting of the game?

Pretty relaxed tone, lots of room for jokes. But meme chars are gonna get nuked hard. Setting is generic Forgotten Realms fantasy

Artificer UA came a few days back. That's a place to start if you want to break the mold.

Alright then, let me throw this at you and we'll see what you think of it.

A shopkeeper, who was once a member of the militia, now finds that his shop was burned down by something that he can easily find hatred in - maybe a dragon, an asronist, just something.

He goes on a quest to find the son of a bitch who burned down everything he knew and loved, and to cut that bastard's head off and use it as a muse for the sign of his next business venture.

Along the way, generally he's a rusty combatant who only survives combat because he tries to keep his distance from anything that has too many sharp bits.

A Jew transported into w/e world you landed in. He'll have to use all his jewish tricks if he is to gather the ingredients that can send him home...

But Jews don't wanna go home user. They want to settle wherever and bitch about how persecuted they are as the chosen people.

Have they stopped it just being a shitty wizard variant?

can't bitch about persecution when noone knows shit about you, let alnoe persecute you. Bitching about your persecutors ain't the same either, not when noone knows about them here

An anthropomorphic mouse.

Chaotic Good Tiefling Barbarian who had a delightful childhood being raised by monkeys, is deathly afraid of slimes, has an ironic sense of humor, and only speaks in third person.

Just play the paladin humorously and done

I read that as
>An anthropomorphic nurse

Then he wants to bring more Jews to the world with him.
Oy, what mother would say if I married a shiksa.
That's the other thing too,
how can I be a proper Jew
if my mother isn't here to be an overbearing shrew?

Last session I bullshat this together.
The players had taken a wagon pulled by Aurachs (or however you spell the orcish war-bulls) that had been advertised as the fastest travel they could get, to an area governed by druidic sects that oversaw and aided townsfolk. The caravaneer had to take his overbearing beasts of burden to a special stable, with many strange stalls of different sizes and accommodations for the strange animals druids or other folk might bring with them. The operator was a hazy, stoner-ish fellow who seemed very "naturey" and "druidy" but was mostly just the odd guy on the edge of town who didn't have much knowledge but cavorted with the druids.
Then, I told the party they needed to see the "old man" on the village's edge, for he was a seer and might help them. I had misspoken; I intended for it to be the clearly not old stable owner.
So, they went to him, and he said he'd fetch the old man. He stood there, closed his eyes and exhaled, and began to very overtly meditate. After just long enough for it to be awkward, he opened his eyes, and the face of a noble old man seemed imposed over his, with cataracts in his eyes and frost stuck fast to his beard and hair, a cold wind blowing out from him. Basically, he lives in the town because he can commune directly with and channel a very powerful and faraway druid to help in times of trouble, this "old man". Could also be played like a Warden, where he could embrace it fully and gain powers.

Former bandit and carriage robber, who since reformed and became a paladin. He still looks and behaves a lot like back in his merry days.

Did you mean to post the Highwayman?

actually reformed or just got wise to PR?Nice idea either way.

A noble who has to hunt down his sister cause she left the family to go adventuring. Act stuck up and have retainers and be mean to them.

play a clown (Wizard)

>Incredibly pompous noble who is also a barbarian. Uses the power of righteous indignation and proper breeding to kill peasants and foreigners.

>Priest of some god or another who isn't a cleric but is instead a reformed rogue. Is uncomfortable with displaying their less-than-legal skillset.

Use ORE character generation, adapt to setting, make the sheet based on the resulting concept.

whothefuckismydndcharacter.com/