Post flavor text that makes you smile, whether due to funny, heartwarming, or just plain sweet

Post flavor text that makes you smile, whether due to funny, heartwarming, or just plain sweet

not limited to mtg, or even card games for that matter

>Even those born to battle could only lay their blades at Akroma's feet.

>I smell fudge, those Keebler bastards must be close.

This will never stop being my favorite.

2 spoopy

best in the thread right here

nigga what are you doing

I need some rules errata text on that flavor text.

"it has two kinds of droppings, neither of which are pleasant"

As a player who got his high school start in mono-red goblin tribal, reading this almost makes me feel patriotic.

Of course, they then went and fucking ruined it in the reprint.

Don't know why that didn't upload.

based AF

Hey buddy, use magiccards.info or that ultra-high res torrent from slightlymagic for images. Gatherer has ass resolution

k

Obligatory

One day, Mirrodin will shine mirror-bright once more.

All of the versions of Pacifism have good flavor text but this one is my favorite

Poor Barrin. Urza was a fuck.

Poor Hanna

Lots of good flavor text from Tarkir.

fuckin classic

That's not the real flavor text, is it?

Time to end this thread.

>not "Around elves, watch yourselves."

where is the Weatherlight & Predator...

any fanmade vehicle kerds?

How does this make you smile???

>SMASH SMASH SONG

What sucks is they probably changed that because focus groups showed people like that for goblins more.

>"Living side by side with the elves for so long leaves me with no doubt that we serve the same goddess." —Kolbjörn, elder druid of the Juniper Order

>No Trample
What
is the
fucking
point

>where is the Weatherlight & Predator...

6/6 for 4 at common, with a drawback that may not matter if you have weenie creatures that can't attack profitably anyway where the tank can?

It's an efficient (by Limited standards) body in situations where you can't swing with everything.

I vote original Mons's Goblin Raiders for the "flavor text that most improves a card" award. The card itself is the most boring thing possible, but the flavor makes it absolutely fucking fascinating. I want to know more about these deep ass gobbos and their intricate dynamics. And it's bullshit that there wasn't Pashalik Mons as a legend in Time Spiral.

It helps that this is just about the only text on a Goblin card that's not har-de-har jokey, but dead serious and informative.

So in terms of the color pie red has the best flavor text right?

>What sucks is they probably changed that because focus groups showed people like that for goblins more.

I don't know who Wizards use for their focus testing, but whoever they are, they should be gassed. I knew it from the moment I read in a MaRo article that their testers chose Shield of Duty and Reason as the single worst flavor text in all of Invasion block, or some dumb shit like that. Fucking Shield of Duty and Reason. This is MARVELOUS. One of the best ever. It's a pun, but it's not a funny pun, it's kind of solemn and somber. I love it.

dat alt art planeshift ver..

shit gotta buy one now...

I mean fan made vehicle cards like the new shit from Kaladesh

Ah, before goblins got all memed up.

Idunno, blue has some good ones too when you look for them. They're just buried under all the hundreds that follow the
>"Sarcastic quip"
>-Blue Wizard
formula.

so we will never get a Sword of Duty & Reason ?

they dropped the ball fug WoTC

MerfolkProdigal Sorcerer ?

wow still remember buying rath cycle packs....

dem feels...

>Did you go through all the trouble to unscramble this?

Hanweir Garrison is pretty funny too in context, I think

this text is great because you really have to be insane to make a deck around that card

Always makes me chuckle.

That's one god awful shitty card.

It matches the flavor. It tricks your opponent into chumping because it wont just trample over them.
Basically their creatures run away until they cant run and are squished, represented by them chumping. Its pretty sneaky.

I've always loved flavor text that's so good, it could actually be a saying.

KTK was an amazing set in almost every sense.

"̪P̱̬̫̲̰erf͍̰̻̫̰͙͔ẹc̥̫̯͙͕t͉i̮̙̬o̜n ̟̟͈i͕͍̱s̭̗͙ ̖on̰̜͔͙̘̠̪l̖̰y̘͔̺̳̳ ̹̞̖͍̼̻a̜͍̠̩̙̼͔c͚h͖͙̺̞̟̗i̦̗̤e̜v̰̬̜̮̩e̫̯̘̗̪̳̫d̺̺̰̝̦ ̫͓t͓̩͎̠̜ḥ̮̟̣͕̹̘r͇̟̩̪̯̠̖o̤̲̤̯̗̟͍u̠͈̬̻̖g̟͇ḥ̤̼̻ ̮͉̤t̙̪͕̫̠͇̤h̳e͉̮͔͎̗̮̦ ̳̮̱̝l̮̬̩͓e͕̤͎s̳̹s̮̲̜̗͉o͔͇̰̟̜̖n̘s̖ ͖̭̘͖̭of̭ͅ ͍̻̩̭̙͔me͇t̗͖͇a̖̮l̦͎̟͎̘̠.̫ ͔͉̠̯̜ͅT̟̩̣̪̭he m̲e̤̜̘͖̪r̲̘̞̝e̳̣̰̹l͙̟y̹̝̦ͅ ̙̥b͕̫̦̞̞̬̪orͅn̮̹ ̱̜c̝̟̻̝ͅa̻n̟̺̭n̻o̲̩t̩̺͍̯͖̙ ͖̰̮r͚͎̳͇͓̦ͅe̩a̠͕͇̻̮͇ch͇̖̬̰̤ͅ ̬̣̭̖͇ͅt̮͉̳͍ḥ͚͓i͕͚͎̺͈̲s͕̬̮ ͓̠̜̳ͅs̤t͈̘̗̻͈̣ͅa̼̦̠͈t͕̹͖̳̝̭̟e̗̺̞̻ͅ,̫̮͇̹̘ͅ ̫̖a̙̖͚̱̟͚n͓̞ḏ̤̣̭ i͙̲͉̘̺n̝ ̘̝t̳̤̦͍h̝͇͉͚̱e̬͚̪̯̼͍͕i̟̠̳͍̭̯̭r̜̘̦̫̬̻̻ ̫̬̲̹̤͈ͅṃ͙̙̳i̫͓̖̖̤̘̖s̱̦e̘ry͖ ̠͓̤̥̠͇t̤̼̥h̬̠ey̝ ̰͖̹̙̹̺̪c̦̫̜̭r̟͍̗͉y͈̮̘̻̮ ̝ͅf̜͔͍̞̮o̼̬ͅr̖͎̘͓̳ ͉̼̠o̻͖͚̻̹̹̥u̱̙̣̪͕ͅr̬̯̮͕ ̥̠̼̫i̭̳̘̜̮m͔̖̥pr̺͇o͓v̬̟̗͔ͅem͓̺e̫n͍̝t̳͎̤͈̼͍s͎͉̠̥̦̰ͅ."͈̺̪͖͇̟̹

ALL ABOARD! AHHHHH-HAHAHAHA!

Keyword; "may".

The lack of flavor text on Murder is a flavor all its own.

get it?

I played this the last time it was in Standard.

>(She doesn't lose loyalty while he's not a planeswalker.)
What the fuck are you doing dude.

Even though the creature is nonthreatening, what it represents is horrific.

>Double strike, lifelink
>If you would gain life, instead put a loyalty counter on ~. Then, if there are seven or more loyalty counters on @, transform her.
That's the correct wording. Props for using loyalty counters on flipwalkers correctly! One other thing: it's kind of a flavor miss that she can transform herself without outside help.

Where are all the cute flavor texts?

This is the first magic card that really got me interested in reading up flavor text.

Fuck, that's good.

Fuck, that took me a bit. That is pretty clever.

That's actually really sweet.

Cute. Now that I think about it, wouldn't this be extremely common in the Pokémon universe? Parents that don't want to send out their ten year olds just get a single Pokémon for them to act as guardians.

I've always had an irrational hatred of this card. Like, I know it's balanced but the randomized mechanic just tickles me the wrong way.

I love it. That card's flavor is one of the greatest to ever come out of RnD.
He's such an awful pilot, he's just as likely to kill himself as anyone else.

>Crapping on Shield of Duty and Reason
Fucking MaRo. He and his cronies need be gassed like the rodents they are.

Wtf I recognize this

The group I play with does a lot of multiplayer games and we have a guy who loves token generation, so I'm mostly just annoyed by the hassle of needing to randomly choose one of, say, 13 different targets.

>quirkshit
>flavor

/ccg/ is over here.

I always love when Black decides to lighten up a bit.