>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Jumpers! What is your favourite melee weapon?

Hitler has some good taste.

Fun fact Hitler was a Starfish.

Always going to be Chainsword for me.

It's pretty much Jumpable. I'm probably going to add in a sword and a few extra perks once my Internet comes back and I can access the file again, but overall it's done. I didn't get any major complaints from the last thread either.

Still, I'll repost it here and see what the morning crew thinks.

Gentlemen! Orge Battle - The March of the Black Queen is 99% finished and eagerly awaiting your opinions.

In Xianxia settings, do people really become more and more sociopathic as they get stronger? You'd think enlightenment would go hand in hand with pacifism.

See notes.

A lot of times that's more of a consequence of the attitude generally required to get stronger rather than actually accumulating strength.
You've got to do a lot of crazy things to get reliable access your super pills of spiritual enlightenment to shortcut the otherwise unmanagable training times.
At worst sometimes those pills were people. Thankfully as a generic you don't necessarily need to deal with that sort of thing.

That and there's a big cultural values dissonance between the china and the west where it's not actually considered so bad on their end. I'm not chinese though that's just what I've been told.

Consider that most of those settings require you to do things like mutilating your soul using the pieces of the gods/demons that you have previously killed in order to access the upper levels.

Can someone post Xianxia? My copy seems outdated.

This seems to be the newest version.

If I take Fate/ as my choice in the King Arthur jump is there a way to connect it with the main Fate/ jumps? Like retroactively change the legends with a perk or something?

>Yo, this might sound like an odd question but what would you imagine a celestial martial art based on a potato to be like?
No Garlock, that doesn't sound odd. That sounds really, really, REALLY /weird/.

But I imagine it would be much like Tiger Style or Dreaming Pearl, in that it emulates the ideal of a potato. So...

Maybe charms about sitting there and taking the hits instead of parrying/dodging? Because fuckin' potato.

Maybe some charm to "store" essence (or something else) like a potato stores nutrients of the potato plant?

Maybe some charm to be really, really versatile in battle like how a potato can be prepared in many different ways?

Maybe some charm about being able to tolerate a wide range of enviroments?

Maybe some charm about nourishing others?

I dunno. It'd be an /odd/ Martial Arts, to say the least.

Are you ready to Hero it up /jc/
Greek Myth, coming soon

Hero
From Zero to Hero 100
While this is called training this is a far more comprehensive education then merely skills for battle, although they are certainly included. You have received education from Chiron himself. This includes extensive education in all the things a man of noble status would be expected to know such as medicine, music, literature, mathematics, governing, hospitality, social skills, hunting, and prophecy. It also includes training that has honed your skill in battle to the levels of legendary heroes. You are highly skilled in effectively all contemporary weapons and have mastered one. You are also either already in or will be able to have a friendship between teacher and student with Chiron.

A True Labor 200
Impossible means a hero hasn't tried hard enough yet. When facing a challenge that is deemed insurmountable or impossible by common mortals your will becomes steel and your courage unshakeable. Furthermore you're good at thinking outside the box. Sometimes doing the impossible simply means thinking about it differently.

Quest of the Gods 400
Hero's are the greatest of mortals, so should they not bear the greatest of tools? As a hero you seem all but destined to find or be given useful and powerful objects to aid you in your quests. As a hero with great tools are you not the greatest tool the gods could have? The gods give you grand quests which only the greatest heroes of this world could complete. Should you complete them you will be rewarded with great gifts. Fortunatley they won't be to angry if you don't accept these often dangerous quests.
In future jumps the gods of those worlds will still be more likely to give you quests and rewards for completing them as well as being less likely to punish you for not doing them.

Strength of Hercules 600
Hercules is but one of the many beings famed for their strength, and now you join the ranks of these heavy hitters. Your strength is without peer on the battlefield. Your blows could cause even the god of war to be forced backwards, push away rivers, or even hold up the sky for a moment. Furthermore you can apply this strength without causing unwanted affects that would normally come from world shaking strength such as collateral damage from your attacks or large structures you pick up shattering.

Maybe some charms about situational awareness, to reflect their many eyes?

Are there any perks that can be used to prevent addiction?

Are you ready to monster /jc/?

Monster
Terrifying Visage 100
To see you hunt is to know fear, to see you kill is to know terror. You are capable of inspiring true terror in the hearts of men when you wish to. Only those with great courage in their hearts or a powerful determination could bear to fight you. Lesser men will be made to cower and flee from you while you are on the attack. Be warned even cowards might have claws when backed into a corner and men often find courage when it is more then their life on the line.

Den of Serpents 200
Men whisper amongst themselves huddled around their fires of a place no man may enter and live. They speak of the Hydra's swamp where it's poison blood has turned it into a pit of death and the Charybdis pulling ships to their death. They also speak of you, you can turn any place you live into a wasteland they say in scared tones. If you wish you can make it so no mortal can approach you lair and live survivors of your wrath whisper. Only the strong and those who wish to die would be willing to aprroach somewhere you have prepared this defense for.

Beast Beyond Nature 400
Monsters surpass the natrual world. Your body does not wear from disuse or hunger, diseases that ravege your lessers simply have no effect, age can only make you wiser and sharper never wearing away your thoughts, even if the gods were to wait for eternity your claws would be as sharp as they are now. The passage of time has as much effect on you as it does on the immortal gods. You are undying and shall only grow stronger as you age never losing a part of yourself to Cronos, yet even you who are undying are not immortal. The swords of heros can still take your life.

That 100cp perk actually seems too good. That's a lot of stuff to give and not every hero had all that. You might want to see about maybe making it have to be bought multiple times to get all of that.

Myth of the Monster 600
Jaws that crush ships, a gaze that turns flesh into stone, claws that dig into even gods, these things are why mortal men must cower before monsters. You have some natural property which would qualify you as a legendary monster. Your skin is unbreakable, you regrow two of anything you lose practically as fast as they're lost, your blood is a poison that could kill on sight much less touch, whatever it is you have a trait that qualifies you as a monster. Not only that but your general strength even outside that property has grown such that you could crush the throat of even a demi-god with a good bite.

I'm not sure that's very balanced compared to the other 600cp so far. Not sure what the justification for comic book physics strength is either.

Also, their potential toxicity if unprepared. Anti-surprise charms?

>Not sure what the justification for comic book physics strength is either.
...Are you fucking kidding? Are you literally retarded?

Hercules basically invented comic book physics. Dude can be shattering islands in one moment and then wrestling some guy while a bunch of children watch and have everyone not die in the next.

>Skins is unbreakable
Is this completely, proto- adamantium level unbreakable?
>Hydra regrowth
Does this even cap out
>Blood kills on sight
Does this kill anything or are certain beings strong enough to resist?

This perk needs some better guidelines with how broad it is.

So I was just reading through the last thread and saw people talking about Saber slaughtering her own people for utilitarian reasons.

Dammit, I actually liked her and her idealism, but now she's just a hypocritical bitch and I'm going to have to kill her.

...Those are actually really good, yes.

Probably something about the peel too?

And I'd guess it growing into a new potato plant would be the capstone charm.

>Comic book physics
Fair enough. Still doesn't answer how the hold up the sky level strength is equal to the other stuff.

Add some soak levels, too.

To be fair, I've never heard of her doing that until now either. Maybe they're just making it up?

I like them, though you should probably switch the Hero 100 and the 200.

The former seems much better than the 200.

The most mention I could find on the wiki was her drawing all the resources from a village to feed her army during war, which was pretty damn common back then. No mention of her wiping out her own villages. Unless people are taking the civil war as that? That seems a bit unfair though, since those people would be enemy combatants.

What do you mean by not being balanced? Which one do you think is better?

This perk caps out around where hih tier myth monsters would cap out. It's going to be around Hercules Strength since its much more narrowly focused then just being super strong. Basically this is what makes you a big threat who goes toe to toe with high power heroes.
It's only strength. If you cannot do something with strength then Herc strength does not help you. Walker of Worlds meanwhile lets you move basically anywhere no matter how you need to get there as long as you have some mode of transport that could get there.

It's only strength but that strength can hold up the entire sky. Your focusing too much on the breadth of it and forgetting the depth of that power is insane.

Walker of Worlds is nice but even in Greek Myths, most locations like that have powerful guards anyway. It's still as limited in focus, since it only lets you travel to someplace. If you don't have the abilities to accomplish whatever you're travelling there for, it's not much help either.

I am considering buffing it a bit to keep up. I wrote it before I wrote the other two.

Does Exalted have charms for farming and other civilian things?

Eh. I'm not really sure how you'd measure the weight of the sky. Given the nature of the feat it's difficult to say exactly how strong he is. Is there any more understandable feats of strength he accomplished?

Considering buffing the strength one? It's already letting you lift (If we count the sky as the atmosphere) 5 and a half quadrillion tonnes. If you're meaning the others, I'd say to reduce it instead. Heracles can't be the only strong hero and your other perks seem fitting with each other so far instead, with each giving an ability with narrow focus but good power. This one is narrow in focus but insane in power, so just reduce it a bit to line it up with the others.

Just measure the weight of all the air on earth? That's a pretty simple thing really.

Yes. Though Infernals usually don't have much for that, since you know, alien god-monsters supply their charms.

>Farming
Craft Charms.

>Other civilian things
Yeah, mostly in stuff like... Bureaucracy, Craft, Linguistics, Lore, Performance, Socialize...

Depends a little on what you mean with "civilian things."

Actually, literal toxicity comes up in some martial arts IIRC. So making the practitioner's flesh, blows or weapons poisonous could be a potential Charm avenue to explore.

This...sounds incredibly legit, thanks! Actually, all this thinking about nourishing Essence makes me think the style would be especially compatible with Cytherean essence or-wait.

Wait.

>versatility in battle
>environmental tolerance
>taking hits

Oh my gods you guys. This whole potato thing started out as a joke-taken-incredibly-seriously joshing around about the xianxia potato I own, but when Lunars jump comes out,

I'ma totally invent Potato Bodhisattva Style to MAKE LUNARS GREAT AGAIN.

(because from what I heard, Lunar Hero Style is as ass as all the other Lunar charms apparently).

>growing into a new potato plant would be the capstone charm

Oh HELL yes. Funny, the guys on SB mentioned my potato would likely start evolving into more advanced species of plants until it either ascends to, and I quote, a "super-potato state" or eventually transcends plant existence entirely to become a humanoid form.

Hmm. Only problem is differentiating it from Devil-Tyrant Avatar Shintai. Maybe have it come with custom powers inspired by potatokind incarnate, like how Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style eventually turns you into a giraffe-fish...

If you mean written ones specifically for those not as such, but you could totally invent ones for them. And I suppose if you use Chiralty Prohibition Index or the Verdant Emptiness Endowment charms creatively enough, you could use them to farm.

Alright, I'll wait and see then. Looks good to me at least.

I...think Cosmic Fact from Marvel might let you do that?

Heracles is still significantly above you. I should probably make that clear and debuff it a bit. You could lift the sky for a moment. Not stand there and have a chat like he does.
I still want to keep the strength somewhere in that level though to reflect that you are one of the most powerful heroes around at that point.

Yes. Show them all their place in the world; make them fear the spud.

The fluff can wax poetic about how even the greatest of kings depend on the labor of dirt farmers to operate. "The flowers are nothing, without the tubers."

I'm aware you're not quite as strong but even lifting that weight for a moment is above the other options in power to an absurd degree. It's like lifting several million mount everests. Even if it's only briefly, that's still lifting a bullshit amount of stuff.

Isn't there any other hero you could use to better reflect strength in this way? Or even just keep it to Heracles feats that are not lifting the sky, since other stuff seems to be way below that?

Side question, shouldn't it be Heracanon or Heraclanon? Isn't Hercules the roman name for him?

What would you guys reccomend to buff Walker of Worlds?

>(because from what I heard, Lunar Hero Style is as ass as all the other Lunar charms apparently).
It's kinda meh.

But really, as a Lunar you have little reason to go for Lunar Hero anyway. Since you have general combat charms in your Attributes instead anyway.

>Hmm. Only problem is differentiating it from Devil-Tyrant Avatar Shintai.
That's pretty easy. Just don't make it a damn Shintai.

Martial Arts don't usually turn you into fucking monster-things. At all. If you /do/ want something like that, it's going to be something similar to Dreaming Pearl's Gazelle-Carp, yes.

Glorious.

I don't think you really can without expanding it beyond what fits for Hermes as the base, since it's already basically fiat level "You can travel anywhere easily and quickly without worrying about terrain hazards." Buffing it would mean adding on new abilities.

you're not thinking like a ancient Greek writer

>Skins is unbreakable

you can still be Inhale and Consume poison,also, someone might reach into your mouth and turn you inside out , ignoring the defense of your skin completely.

>Hydra regrowth

Cauterized wounds do not Regenerate, this is how the original Hydra was defeated

I'm aware of how greek myths work Bancho. Those were not my questions.

>Cosmic Fact
This may be exactly what I'm looking for, though the question remains of whether connecting jumps like this is valid. Does Marvel user still come here/wasn't he on a hiatus?

So does it really let us lift 5 quadrillion tonnes, or is the "lifting the sky" bit figurative/ not the sky as we know it kind of thing?

Then I'm sorry for misinterpreting your Questions,

Marvel user has a...troublesome relationship with Cosmic Fact. There's been a bunch of different explanations for how it works in future jumps. The most recent one was just that it made you a marvel character in future jumps, but it's ranged from your origin always having had your powers to the same thing except you can't have changed anything with those powers to working as a continuity drawback for jumps to something else I can't remember.

He lifts the Greek Cosmos. Which is probably significantly different from how we understand the sky. Imma just say that it's not Quadrillions of tons, think more shatter city walls by hitting them then end the world.
I guess I'll clarify that in the notes.

Ancient Greek Writers never had the Hydra just bite off it's own heads over and over until it had a million heads and killed everything with an endless flood of poison either. Nor had the Lion put on a gas mask or a bit of armour with spikes on it to stop close combat.

Why not just put that example in the actual perk instead? If you can't actually accomplish it outside of Greek Myth, then it'd be better to give a more accurate example. If you can accomplish lifting an entire cosmos for a second, we go right back to that guys complaints about it being too much.

Assume limits if it seems to be significantly better then Strength of Hercules.

Greek physics was a bit different. I think I remember an user talking about a book where greek physics was reality and they built a spaceship using those principles?

That's really vague and I'm not sure how you're going to be able to compare strength to a the sheer breadth of potential abilities that could come from this perk.

I will put it in the perk. It's just that in the world of Greek myth you don't need as much strength to lift the sky as you do everywhere else because sky means something very different. Same deal with the Cosmos.

I'll uhh... I'll just say it does connect the history stuff, I guess.

Thanks for the clarification.

That would have been really great to have in the perk in the first place, could have avoided this whole thing.

As to that other monster capstone, if I can give my own thoughts. It seems like it'd be best to just say that even if you pick something like "Unbreakable skin" or "Poison that kills anything", that beings of a high enough power can break through/resist etc etc. Like, actual god level gods like Zeus or Poseidon maybe? That's still a lot of power and a serious threat to most of the stuff in Greek mythology, it just tops out below the top tier guys that are above everyone.

>I wish to sit on the Throne of Bones
Does this become an alt-form post jump?

BTW, this is a awesome jump, and you should feel awesome. These games don't get enough love.

I think putting it in with the perk would kind of take away from the mythical thing. Maybe if it was a line saying that lifting the greek sky meant something else when compared to other skies and clarified it further in the notes?

The abilities should be able to make you a credible threat to strong heroes and weak to mid tier gods. You won't be killing the titans with poison or blocking hits from Poseidon with your skin. Basically once you start hitting the stronger gods they can get through it without problems.

I'm just going to put an asteriks that says Greek writers don't into scale very well.
Oh yeah definitely. Basically with in jump purchases Zeus should be able to make you eat shit if he takes the fight seriously.

Could someone with the strength given by Strength of Hercules kill/defeat someone with the ability you've chosen? I think that could work for a few comparisons.

user, it's not really that fluff heavy, especially with half of it being a note that you've got superman type super strength.

Please don't put that into asterisks. That's not clear at all and is even worse at breaking up whatever flavour is there then a note about the greek sky being different.

No I mean I'm putting an asteriks at the end of the perk and in the notes section it gets expanded on.

But what if I pick being a ghost? Or a non combat power that's extremely useful like free mass true resurrections? SoH users could couldn't kill the former but it's not a very good power and they could easily kill someone with just the latter but that doesn't mean that ability isn't crazy useful.

...Didn't we ban potatoes a while ago?

Honestly, why does it bother you so much? We have literally no good strength perks anyway, and there are hundreds of perks more bullshit than this. I don't wanna be forced to use some shit like ki or mana enhancement to hit really hard.

That's better then, my apologies for misunderstanding. I still think you shouldn't explain it as "Greeks don't scale well".

Because unlike you I'm looking at how it balances against the other capstones in this jump, not at how it balances against other jumps?

No, that was Tea.

Are you planning anything with Tántalos or Promêtheús? Those are my two favorite dudes.

And I need to clarify this. You are using this to kill people. You are making a mythological monster. It's not going to have powers like that. It's going to have shit that scares peasants and makes heroes sound awesome for winning.
I'll add stuff to clarify that in the perk.
Basically "Stay in theme for a monster ripped from legends."
Honestly don't know.

No, you're not. You're completely looking at how it balances against other jumps. Strength isn't actually that good, that useful, or that unreplicable compared to something like fiat traveling to any plane you want to, etc. It's only good in the context of defeating enemies in a combat situation in other jumps. I mean, do you really think that breaking down city walls (something you could do with a relatively small bomb) is in any way comparable to having unbreakable skin or going anywhere you want?

Given the author is talking about how that capstone is meant just for killing and being a monster, directly above you, I'm pretty sure you're just talking bullshit.

user, he used a post about how comparing two of the capstones in jump was vague to leap onto talking about how the strength perk should be in because all other jumps don't offerenough strength or some shit. He's either an idiot responding to an old conversation or a troll.

Strength is a tool. That was my thought process.

Walker of Worlds effectively makes you auto-succeed at traveling. If you are traveling and you have a method to get somewhere you do. It is a solution to a fixed set of problems but it solves them all on its own.

Strength of Hercules gives you the biggest hammer ever. You are ridiculously strong, but that doesn't actually solve anything. It would fall to the jumper to apply that strength in a way that solves their problems.

The same is supposed to be true of the monster capstone. It gives one hell of a tool but it does not solve things for you.

Aww. Thank you.

And yes, all the odd forms can become alt forms after the Jump is over. I'll add in a note when I tidy up the editing and ending text.

Maybe the gift of fire from Prometheus as an item?
Wouldn't do much but it'd be a hell of a conversation starter.

doesn't it let you do the kind of things Hercules did with his strength? That guy diverted rivers by lifting them up,hat's not a matter of mere Physical prowess
Was I right about that?

Hey, I need something to protect my memory from some dangerous causality nonsense I might be about to inflict on myself, Any suggestions?

Biomechanical Demonoid from Buffyverse?

Maybe don't? What are you trying to achieve?

Path to Recovery, from Remember Me?

Gonzo Journalism has what you need! Or, at least it has something to prevent any long term
negative effect from your addiction, which is even better!

well I I figured out a relatively safe and ethical way to test out the finality matrix to see if it actually works, My bodies are part multi-verse and the finality matrix s basically a rapidly propagating Von Neumann machine That destroys multi-verses so I figure I create a patch of beyond around one of my bodys and set it off on me, but since it works retroactively . I would not know that that body had ever Existed and thus be unable to verify that it works.

Christ, is this your petty grudge against ASA again?

Can't a fellow want to be prepared for the eventuality that you might have to fight an evil multi-verse without someone calling potatoes?

There is a perk for that in Young Justice.

You are pathetic Bancho. I can't believe you're honestly still holding onto this.

Not when you tried to pull more roleplay dickmeasuring bullshit a couple threads ago, you can't.

Anyway moving past the capstones for now.
Demi-God 500
The blood of a god flows throguh your veins making you greater then mortal men. This blood turns you into a paragon of your origin. Drop-Ins will find even a single stride is able to take them a great distance and that they seem to have been blessed by the fates themselves with great luck. Great Artists will find themselves able to create masterpieces as easily as they breathe while their effort improves their works to even grander heights. Heroes will find their strength multiplied, their body toughened, and their speed vastly increased making them all but unstoppable by mortals. Monsters will grow to truly gargantuan sizes and find that their supernatrual abilities will ahve grown with them.
All origins gain some control over their divine parents domain, sons of Zeus will be able to call down bolts of lightnig, daughters of Hades could bring forth an army of undead servants, and a child of Poseidon could create violent earthquakes.
Any Greek god is valid as a choice for this perk but be warned some parents will not be taken to kindly by the gods of Olympus.
Whcihever origin you are the blood now in your veins has enhanced the power of any 600 CP perk you may have bought.

>Be part of the dimensional structure
>Not becoming a being independent from the rules of reality

Stay pleb.

Neat.

>Not redefining the rules of reality to form only a small part of yourself

No, we're just calling you a potato.

Sorry, I'm not one of the anons that usually pick on you, but you walked right into that one.