Seemingly Useless Superpowers

>GM makes us roll for a random superpower
>I get "the ability to bend objects straight"
>Have no fucking idea of what to do with it

Help me Veeky Forums

I know you faggots can find broken applications of seemingly at first glance useless shit

How can I make this superpower good for both inside and outside fights?

Name your character Mike Pence.

bend the bones of your enemies.

Have a sword or weapons curled up, you can have hidden blades rolled up in your sleeves and extend them to instantly impale enemies out of your range

What setting? Because if it's modern, invest in knowledge about mechanics and maybe firearms or cars and wreck shit. Any dog-leg or non-straight metal piece suddently go entirely straight. Hell, you could even trigger spring-loaded devices with that.

Bending bones/organs

Straighten out the intestines of whomever you are fighting. Suddenly they have a 10 meter flesh rod impaling them. In the ass.

This.

Depending on how powerful it is, you could make strong spring-like effects to shoot thing.

Also maybe straighten the target's clothe's arms or something.

Fight only slinkies

Do limbs count as bent obkects?

kek

>"im gonna straighten you out"
>proceeds to make the enemy stand at attention, causing him to lose his fighting stance
>straighten his organs so they are now a single long rope
>straighten all of his DNA into a microscopic thread
>straighten every single protein in his body
>straighten the pipes in a car to disable the engine
>straighten the springs in machinery to make them useless

Move to the south, make a fortune on gay conversion therapy.

is it bending them straight. or reverting them back to their original form. and if straight how straight are we talking the ability to squeeze something so straight it thickness becomes infinitely small?

help men with erectile dysfunktion

God the animation and character design in OPM is on point.

It makes the fact that it's satire so much better.

Which kind of spring-based devices could be exploited by the spring becoming suddenly straight?

If you can bend objects at a range you can make bows completely useless by bending the body straight which breaks the string.

There is also the fact that most armors have curves and bends in them and straightening them out could possibly crush the one wearing the armor.

If you have to manually (by hand) bend the object straight then ones above will be a little more difficult.

If you can make objects stay straight you could use rope for climbing up from holes by making it stand up straight. It is also possible to use short length of rope to make it into a temporary staff or pole.

Chains won't hold you anymore, you can just straighten one of the loops and you are free.
Same goes for padlocks.

>animation
Where? This scene had next to no animation.

Buy bent metal bars and stuff as scrap metal, it's ridiculously cheap everywhere. Then, use them as spring-like weapons that "shoot" when you activate your power. It can be used for melee combat and, if it's strong enough, to throw stuff like a bow, but METAL.

You can also use it to break locks and doors, by inserting your bent metal stuff there and breaking the lock or wood frame. Meshes really well if you have a strong or psychic friend that can rebend your unbent stuff.

Well depending on range and power you could potentially fuck up any machines that have springs or a lot of other bent parts, even electronic circuits could be vulnerable.
On the higher end of power-level it could even affect large structures like buildings and bridges or if you can really bullshit just what an "object" refers to you could even do things like countering someone with teleporting abilities who bends space-time.

Its not exactly a spring but a bow and arrow should benefit greatly from this. Instantly straightening a bow you've pulled back should provide far more thrust than letting the bow straighten out naturally. I dont know if an arrow would handle that though.

You're literally Miss Margarite, OP. Embrace becoming a magical girl.

Start curing The Gays

>I make bent things straight

That's a cool-ass design.

Bend enemy guns straight, duh. In fact any equipment or vehicle can be disabled by your power as long as it's not a pole.

>finally catch and corner enemy
>"psh, nothing personal kid but you only think you caught me, you see, I have the mighty power to BEND SPACE!" *vanishes in a dramatic flash*
>*immediately reappears* "w-wait what happened?"
>"I bent the space back"

MSIK has a lot of great designs.

Think of all the round things! I'm gonna assume the bodies of your foes are off-limits to your power or at least require you to be really close to them. Here's some ideas:
Spring shoes - shoes with a weak material on the bottom that will coil under your weight. You can straighten it to launch yourself.
Force generation - look at the letter: Y. Make it out of metal or something. Straighten the bottom do it forms a straight line, looking like a lowercase: y. Now straighten it the other way, so that it will look mirrored. You can keep mirroring it by straightening it along a different context. You could make a custom chainsaw or something with this principle.
Shortcut - turn a winding road into a straign one, possibly making it tunnel through obstacles.
No-arc - lob a grenade & straighten the tragectory. It will now fly more like a slow bullet, falling much less if any.
Whip lash - aim a whip at your enemy. Don't even swing it. Just straighten it. Depending on the force of your ability, this could surpass physical strength.
Derail - straighten a train going around a turn.
Invisibility - Light bounces off of you. Straightening it would therefore make it go through you.
Break physics - on second thought, light is a wave. If you straighten it, would it achieve infinite wavelength? I don't know much about physics, but I'll assume that straightening waves is very dangerous, doing things like destroying heat.
Heat death - depending on your range, use the above ability to end the universe right now.

You can effectively destroy any object that isn't already largely a straight line. Run someones gun so that the grip and the barrel are now one straight line, turning the gun into a long metal pipe. The bullets are not designed to load that way, so its just a club now.

But it also works on a bunch of other stuff. What happens if you 'straighten' a computer? Dunno, but I bet its not good for the computer.

As has already been mentioned, springs just became ballistic weapons. Anything coiled, really.

Carry some iron wool on you, and throw it at people. Straighten the wool in mid-air, and it turns into a cloud of needles.

You can ruin any lock by touching it too, straightening out the combination mechanism and just totally breaking it. Good luck getting your key to work now! If its a pad lock, you can 'pick' it be straightening the bar so it comes right off.

Now here is the important question: does your power have an undo button?

Because if you can reverse your power after you use it, you open up some JOJO tier shit.

Actually slinkies could be turned into deadly spears with this power. Just sharpen the ends.

Why has no one mentioned this? Fucking hair. Grab a handful of your own hair, and toss that shit like needles. Obviously limited quantity so just go to hair salons and buy that shit.

straight the spine of yoru enemies op. They will just die or become paraplegic, human spines are not made to be straight.

>Now here is the important question: does your power have an undo button?
>
>Because if you can reverse your power after you use it, you open up some JOJO tier shit.
Explain further.

You an fucking bend someone's spine straight. That's an awesome superpower.

Give them embarrassing boners.

>OP asks for both fight and non-fight applications
>All everyone can think of is hurr bend their spine kill them all
Good job murderhobos

Mike Pence?

Hey, I thought of jumping shoes, instant tunnels, and infinite energy.

straightened fingers cant pull triggers/hold weapons

Depending on just what you mean by "bend objects strait" that might be insanely op. You could potentially be able to destroy just about anything that isn't a pole or bar or something.

If it only means you can recover things that have been "bent" then I think you're mostly only able to mitigate wear and tear and also possibly heal shit

Do metaphorical bends count? You could reform the dreams of those hellbent on evil.

Okay, think of something like this.

Take a bunch of coils of metal wire. Lay them in the middle of a large room at different points. Straighten them out with you power, so there are just some long strengths of wire laying around.

Lure enemies into room.

Undo your power.

Those long strips of wire just snapped back into place and re-coiled, which will bring them back to their original position int he middle of the room. In order to re-coil, that metal needs to bend. Because the metal is long, it takes room to bend.

In the brief moments that it takes those wires to re-coil, you have filled that room with multiple spinning whips of fine metal.

If your power is absolute, then you just turned those dudes into salsa, and a couple coils of wire are in the middle of the mess.

If your power can't force an object through a barrier, you still just instantly bound those people up in a giant tangle of wire that has wrapped around them as tightly as it possible can, incapacitating them. Someone with super strength can break out of that, but any normal person is screwed.

Feel free to share your non-fight applications, user.

You could even stop someone from "bending" a rule!

This is solid. Make a trap-based character with loads of stored springs, throw bundles of them and explosive-straighten them into unpredictable knives.

Outside fights, have a lot of rope. Straightening = rigidity, so you can climb up things.

Wouldn't unbending space basically remove gravity?

I did think of this but hair is too light weight for throwing and stabbing things with a needle usually isn't very effective.

In Elfen Lied, Lucy claims that moving certain blood vessels in someone's brain by a single millimeter is enough to kill them. If you straighten them out all at once you could probably kill someone instantly.

Also, think about what you could do to highways, bridges, buildings, sewer systems, fences, and other structures.

Would you be able to rearrange space to make your "path" to a destination straight?

You can straighten any cloth into a hard sheet. Wear a cape or scarf.

>probably kill someone instantly
>probably

user if you straightened every blood vessel in someone's body at the same time whatever is left wouldn't resemble a person.

Is that a jojo reference

Not on purpose of it is, although not having read any JoJo I'm trying to emulate the simplistic definitions but complex uses.

This, you could use a scarf as a board if your power kept it from bending under your weight. In fact you could use a piece of string to lift up an entire train or whatever.

>Straightening objects out
>MFW

All of your clothes are now perfectly straight for ironing. You can make all your hair stand straight up for messing with people. Bend security cameras to slip around them. Bend slack rope to trip others or bend twisted architecture/rocks for a better foothold. Perfectly flatten the ground for construction purposes.Fix a warped book cover. Repair bent objects for reasonable rates. Bend alcohol into a standing up straight line for a party trick. Fix your crumpled up papers to not look like shit. Make weeping willows cut that shit out. Straighten a tree's roots becoming the world's strongest lumberjack.

Not that user but just sayin.

What is that blind girl doing?

Don't mind her. She just found out that her origin is getting her panties in a knot

I meant basically just reversing the spatial "bending" that the teleporter used to travel.
I think the more dubious part is counting "space" as an object but if a dm allowed that then I think it should interact with powers that can be described as "bending" space somehow.

Do you know how long the intestines are when straightened out? At that point it becomes a point of what's stronger your ability to straighten things or the enemies bones and flesh

Offer cwc your unbending services for a nominal fee.

Please don't say that about Fujinon, she is a good girl.

Bend peoples' ribs. Or their skulls.

Okay, how would skulls work. For that matter, how would a cube work? It kind of is straight. Making a sphere straight confuses me especially a solid one. Would it flatten it into something like sphagetti?

>Bend security cameras to slip around them.
You could make any lens useless, camera, rifle scope, glasses.

yeah you could e z kill people by straightening their ribs

You might be able to pray the gay away.

Out of curiosity, what did the other players get?

Make criminals become upstanding citizens.
Force addicts to get help.
Gays become not gay.

You know spines don't sit ramrod straight?

Just a thought.

Bend everyone's veins/nerves/meat/blood straight. Easy peasy.

Well I think we've shown a lot of potential ways this power COULD be seriously broken but it all depends on what the gm allows and how powerful the straightening effect is.

Is a man about to shoot you? Straighten the rifling in his gun. Or straighten the casings of the bullets in his gun. Or straighten the hammer, trigger, or safety as needed.

Is a man about to *punch* you? Straighten out his arms. Can't punch a guy if you can't flex your elbows.

Guys running away? Straighten their legs. Good luck tiptoeing, assholes.

People trying to escape you in a car? Straighten out the tires.

Straighten out veins/intestines/ribs if you need to actually kill someone

Drug dealer sitting at a street corner? Straighten out every baggie/vial on his person.

Straighten enough corners in an enemy base, and eventually the place will collapse.

You can bend objects straight, but is the reverse also possible? Otherwise, you've only got a lot of one-shot weapons.

If he uses something like a whip or chain, he could use it multiple times, assuming that his power acts in pulses, and doesn't alter the physical attributes of the things he straightens

How about those sword-whip thingies?

They're made of solid metal, so bending them straight would probably do so permanently, unless he can reverse it

Depends on how "bent" is defined. If it applies to any object that was once straight and force was applied to bend it into its current shape, go ahead and add springs, whips, chains, the curved parts of your enemy's armor, arches and domes, wires, 90% of the metal and plastic in a car, and just about everything else manufactured. Depending on the strength of the effect, you might be able to pick up any string and wield it as a piercing weapon, or lay a bunch of rope around and use it to tangle or potentially impale people by suddenly straightening all of them.

If your power applies to anything curved, including natural curves like a not-totally-straight tree branch or a person's ribs, then you go from "weird but situationally useful" to "your blood vessels count as bent objects".

My random superpower is "Hatred Detection"

It's exactly what it sounds like: he can instantly sense how much people dislike him.

How do I break this?

>ctrl+f penis
>no results

I am surprised.

Cheat at democracy. Everyone hates politicians, but what about a politician who can magically know when people hate him, then adjust accordingly? You get a politician who never loses the populist vote.

Seems kind of hard to break, however, how far is the range? Not only that, but how sensitive is the ability? Technically it would work as a person detector, as well as give him a way to weigh what his actions does and the feelings it causes towards him. Not only that, but it does help with keeping track of people if you can quantify values.

fpbp

You can detect hidden enemies if you've already confronted them before (and, you know, they hate you.)

If the power can be a applied to all hatred (like Detect Magic, so you can identify the source, intensity and focus of hatred) you become a low- mid level psychic.

>You can turn anything curved perfectly straight
>Straight things have good aerodynamics
>You can turn a rope into a spear.
Assuming they hold the shape of course, otherwise:
>ribcages curve
>armour has curves
>You can make peoples ribs burst through thier chest and crush them in thier armour

are you fucking shitting me, you can 'bend objects straight' do you have any idea how potent and open that is

Finally, a solution to make turbogay OP straight

You know who your friends and enemies are. This is very valuable. You can instantly, INSTANTLY call someone out on their dislike of you, so you can socially ruin people and keep them off guard constantly.

You can do that anime thing where if someone is feeling intense hate for you, you can just suddenly snap your head to stare RIGHT at them from across an entire crowd and just give them that manic smile of "Hater I know and it strengthens me"

>Run someones gun so that the grip and the barrel are now one straight line,

aren't some guns, the barrel and the grip separate pieces? (could I ask a /k/omrade to elaborate, as I am ignorant?)

Have you ever thought that forcing someone's body straight would be a great way to incapacitate or hold someone? Also, depending on the range of the power, you could set the orbit of the earth into a straight line out of the solar system. This would end up killing everything but eh, whatever.

>Make weeping willows cut that shit out.
Kek

A planet's orbit isn't a physical object, though.

Why go macro when you can go micro?

>make electron's orbit straight
>instant electricity
>arched electricity made straight
>fuck yeah laser

>Straighten the carbon molecules inside things
>Get diamond or get graphite

>magnetic field shenanigans
>quantum tunneling

My random ability is quantum entanglement. What can I do?

Almost all of em are.
I'd imagine complex machines like guns and cars might not be able to be effected by this power, due to all the different parts

It would if you stopped it from bending.

Bend the horizon, and therefore the curvature of the world, to your will.

Literally instant communication for a start, and depending on how far it goes, possibly teleportation.