How would you attempt to do a Hunter x Hunter or Naruto RPG setting and what system would be best used for something...

How would you attempt to do a Hunter x Hunter or Naruto RPG setting and what system would be best used for something like this?

Anima
Look up anima

The Trashbin

Savage Worlds with the Super Powers and Ninja Powers Supplements.

Still trying to figure out why Veeky Forums doesn't like Savage Worlds.

I'd probably just use Mutants and Masterminds and run it directly in the HxH universe.

Freeform with kids toys since you're clearly 12 years old

D&D 3.5 edition is good for high powered setting like that, and it is a robust sustem very easily refluffed to match the setting.

C'mon Veeky Forums I trusted you!

Just remember, if things are ever looking like their leading up to a climax? Immediately find a way to avoid it.

Also, don't forget to ignore the PCs in favor of your favorite NPCs.

Mutants and Masterminds

That won't work.

FATE, M&M, some other superhero system, Legends of the Wulin

BESM was made for this exact idea: "How do I make [INSERT ANIME HERE] into a tabletop?" It's not the best, but it's sufficient. I suggest 2ed Revised. Pdfs are easily obtained and there used to be a character sheet generator that was really good. Dunno if it's still around. Also one of my favorites because I'm a huge weeb loser with Weeb loser friends.

Mutants and Masterminds would also work, along the same lines as BESM. The only problem I have with MnM is that powers become unreadable walls of text sometimes. I once tried to emulate Full metal Alchemist style alchemy and ended up with a quarter- page of text. Once you get past that and can translate, it's not so bad.

Ironically enough, it really is. 3.x is built for high- fantasy adventures and of you refluff spells a bit and lead with Rule of Cool you can do it pretty well. I mean, not the best, but sufficient.

Why

I have no experience with HxH, but after a brief perusal of the wiki, here's how I'd handle HxH game in GURPS.

1. Use fast-paced and cinematic rules. The Action series and Martial Arts book are good sources for these. Don't fall into the trap of including rules because they're there; GURPS is not that kind of game and your fast-paced shonen-based game is going to fall apart if you get caught up in gritty realistic rules.
2. In GURPS terminology, Nen is a source, Nen type (Enhancer/Transmuter/Conjurer/etc.) is a power, and the various techniques and applications of Nen are abilities. See Powers for more detail. Psionic Powers may be worth looking at for its approach to supernatural powers vs supernatural skills.
3. Vows and Limitations already exist in standard GURPS, though ironically the names are reversed. Advantages can have limitations to reduce their point cost, and it looks like all HxH vows would be covered by the Accessibility limitation. Disadvantages can be taken to give you more points in general, and HxH limitations would be a version of the Vow disadvantage that, when broken, would be replaced with a disadvantage equal to *twice* the Vow's value. Such Vows could also be used for the Pact limitation.

Basic Set + Powers (for Nen); GM should also glance through Action 1-3, Martial Arts, and Psionic Powers for rules advice, but the books won't be necessary for players. Swing by the GURPS general if you end up going with this system, but best of luck to you regardless if you go with something else!

Depending on taste, Strike!, Legends of the Wulin, M&M would be my choices.

Anima is trash. That being said, it works mostly for high fantasy, FF-esque stuff, and if you allowed technicists only, you might get something similar to Naruto.

>Ironically enough, it really is. 3.x is built for high- fantasy adventures and of you refluff spells a bit and lead with Rule of Cool you can do it pretty well. I mean, not the best, but sufficient.

4e does it better.

I heard Gamma World 7e was sorta like 4e but more "free" maybe try that?

Just go with HxH, Mutants and Masterminds.

Most what you said is bullshit.
Anima is perfectly for nearly anything shounen related.
>and if you allowed technicists only
And Tao and Weaponmaster and Summoner and Psychers and Assassins and Shadows.

>Anima is perfectly for nearly anything shounen related.

As long as you don't mind overcomplicated as shit systems, sure.

D6 Adventure using metaphysics in D6 Space

Wild Talents

Hisoka pls, don't you have boys in cute cow outfits to molest?

For Hunter x Hunter
If you ignore the metaplot Mage the Ascension would definitely work, maybe refluffing the spheres a bit

For Naruto I have no clue