What are you lads favorite space marine chapters and why?

What are you lads favorite space marine chapters and why?
mine is/was black templar, but they are slowly becoming more and more pussified

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Celestial_Lions
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Celestial Lions, their whole story as a chapter is pretty excellent.

never read anything on them, what are the strengths/characteristics you like?

Exorcists. Every marine is willingly possessed then exorcised. They're all vaccinated against daemons.

>Sons of Dorn
>Ferocious in battle
>Bitchin armor design

Also they've fought alongside the Black Templars funnily enough

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Celestial_Lions

I'd read their history, really demonstrates the rift between the Marines and Inquisition. lots of treachery and sabotage on the Inquisitors' part.

The minotaurs are a really neat chapter, the way they are shrouded in mystery and Asterion Moloc being an intimidating figure stands out

>t. teamkilling fucktard

The marines malevolent. Lamenters can get fucked.

Crimson Fists.

They're on the more heroic end of the spectrum of Chapters, but they don't get their shit pushed in like the Lamenters, and the Salamanders have never really clicked with me.

Plus I was born in Spain, so I like their mild Spanish theme.

None of them. Space Marines are boring.

Its quite ironic that on one hand, the Black Templars are secretly helping the Celestial Lions rebuild - while on the other hand, the Black Templars deployed in massive numbers at the behest of the Inquisition on Cadia and are ultimately forced to kowtow to Celestine's authority.

Lamenters ask for their shit to get pushed in time and time again. Crimson Fists just do their best to do their job.

raven guard. love their simple colors, their primarch was most trusted by the emps, and jumps packs are my most favorite thing about 40k

Bros before hoes, man.

Says the canonized abhuman. True humans see straight through such filth.

>forced to kowtow to Celestine's authority.
I'm sure you meant "The Emperor's authority via proxy."

I thought that was an incredibly difficult and secretive act that brought one into the illuminati.

But I guess nothing special is allowed to happen unless the space marines do it.

Space Wolves. I don't care about the furry memes, these guys are the best and one of the hardest to paint. Plus now that they're a doomed chapter (and unlike the Blood Angels and Imperial Fists, have no descendant chapters to rely on) made them a bit more interesting.

fuck exorcists are cool
is there a reason they got rid of the gold?

who do you favor friend?

probably black dragons

>fuckin wolverine esque bone/admantanium swords that grow out of their forearms

>big and strong as shit, 3+ meters tall

>poisonous fangs

>generally better than an average astarte in every way because tevh priests fucked with their gene seed

Look beyond the Memes

I think The Blood Ravens are a great chapter

yea black dragons seem dank except, i take the same issue with them that i do with Carcharodons, theyre a little bit too edgy

>Blue Drop pods

user the memes are to much for me

Second. I don't play Space Marines or even 40K but Celestial Lions have always been my favourite.

>now that they're a doomed chapter
I apparently missed some new lore...

Wrath of Magnus, they don't exactly say that they're doomed.

Night Lords, read some pretty great books about them.

chaos? thats heresy right there friend

Fenris got taken by the Warp, the Inquisition soft exterminatused the planet (killed all inhabitants due to warp taint) and the Wolves aren't powrrful enough to tell the Grey Knights to fuck off this time. Plus the surrounding planets are also irreversibly fucked (Dark Angels even blew up one planet). This shouldn't be a problem if the Space Wolves NEEDS the genes of native Fenrisians for their geneseed to work (or else the marines ends up horribly mutated, see Wolf Brothers). So no Fenris means no Fenrisians. No Fenrisians means no Space Wolves.

>(killed all inhabitants due to warp taint)
The Inquisition only killed some of the Fenrisians. There's still enough of them left to rebuild the population.

aren't they super assholes though?

>Fenris got taken by the warp
No it didn't? Midgard got fucked, Fenris is fine, albeit it with a lot less civilians now, but there is still a large population there. The spirit of fenris even kicked in and helped

Iron Hands, all the way. close second are White Scars.

Grey Knights here.
Aegis power armour is 2 rad, but fuck Matt Ward.

For the Emperor

Executioners. Rip and tear Fists successors. Hawkish joyless fucks.

>their primarch was most trusted by the emps

Horus, Sanguinius, Guilliman, Dorn.

Hell, he even trusted Russ more.

Fire Hawks

lmao actually exactly what i was thinking, but i dont know enough about him so didnt say

I've always been a fan of the Executioners. Just wish I had the skills to paint them properly.

How would you do it? Building some currently, gonna go fairly simple. Never been a decent painter.

>forced to kowtow
The Templars are one of the most religious chapters in the Imperium - I'll grant you that they deployed at the Inquisition's behest, but they're in no way forced to work with Celestine - she's a saint to them too

Marines Errant. I always thought they had a neat backstory being pals with the Rogue Trader house and I have a huge hardon for space combat the way 40k does it (essentially Napoleonic naval warfare in spehss)

Probably Doom Eagles. They possess a grim attitude/appearance to them but they still appear as noble in their quest to save the people of the imperium from suffering. They're like Lamenters but without the whole 50% casualty rate to save a orphanage thing.

true, i like the suspicion of their use of xeno tech, thats a cool trope

mine was good old black templar
now i just don't know since i left 40K

I feel a certain kinship with these fella's since i roll like garbage all the time.

Exorcists and Black templars are right behind em'. Pissed that the templars keep getting their fluff neutered, though.

White Scars!

>fucking space mongols!
>reasonable psychic marines who are respected and know their limits
>Go fast
>underestimated and no one knows much about them
>actually cultured and wished for truth and freedom.

Black Templars, solely because of the holy, angry crusader motif. Deus Vult and all that. The Fall of Cadia stuff does look really, really out of character for the boys in black though.

Yes. Yes they are.

BROTHER!
CRIMSON FISTBUMP!

Same here. I also like how they're descendants from the Imperial Fists. It's my favorite legion.