Why are there so many threads about games nobody plays on Veeky Forums?

This has been something that has troubled me off and on. Like...the only four people in the world playing OSR post a huge thread about it.

Does this ever accomplish anything?

not meaning to prove your point or anything but could you perhaps tell me what OSR is?

>Veeky Forums
>accomplishing something

From what crevice did you say they've dug you up, eh?

We need something to fill up the board with not that most of the creativity and all quests* are gone.

* CYOA, Jumpchain and Towergirls are technically not quests

Because people don't want to just discuss 3.x and 5e.

All this time I still have no idea what jumpchain is, but I kind of like it that way

Old School Roleplaying, basically stuff like Lamentation of the flame princess, Tunnels and Trolls, and Labyrinth Lord.

I played OSR last night you stupid troll. Go back to Maple Story.

Good point. Maybe I should have said Exalted instead of OSR.

Not to be annoying or anything, but if those guys want to talk about, is it this bad that they do it on Veeky Forums? I mean, they even might found someone else interested into getting in. That would be the place to do that.

That's the power of the Internet as a whole, and to an extent Veeky Forums.

Bringing together small groups of people who have niche interests, regardless of geography or time. They discuss it here because this is one of the few places where they can do so.

>a huge thread
Could you elaborate on how this particular thread takes up more space on the board than, say, any other threads?

Because right now I'm looking at a huge faggot of an OP who made a whiny metathread rather than creating something interesting.

Oh fuck people are having Veeky Forums discussions on Veeky Forums. Please stop them why won't anyone think of the children. The only cure is shitting out bitchy meta threads.

t. (You)

>how dare people talk about traditional games on tg

I'm in the same boat. One day I finally said fuck it and checked out a thread, but I still couldn't figure out what the fuck it was, so I just left and never looked back.

I'm like 92% sure it's supposed to be some sort of power fantasy day dreaming framework about the self insert main character becoming the ultimate over powered mary sue.

I kind of want to make fun of it but god knows I've done enough equally autistic shit in my free time that it just wouldn't be right.
I would still like for someone who actually goes there to confirm though since I am kinda curious.

I usually never recommend Reddit but you might like that format better if threads loosely connected in subject is your issue.

It's like regular CYOA, except every CYOA is set in some existing property, and at the end you pick up a new CYOA and keep all the shit you bought from the old one. So you're "jumping" between a "chain" of CYOAs.

Most people use it for autistic power fantasy. Some people use it to tell stories. About 95% of each thread is people asking which CYOAs to go to in what order to do thing.
There's also a bunch of screeching about people who don't play right.

'sup

Can't we just be nice to each other? Can't we live and let live?

NO the Internet is only for Hate and Anger

Turns out people are curious about things they don't know, even things they shouldn't know. Like urine as a remedy, why sheep herders cry worms, or FATAL.

Games nobody plays fits.

Plus, the nobodies usually want more nobodies to play with them.

Signed,
No One.

why is he touching it?