I'm starting a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure campaign in Mutants and Masterminds next week

I'm starting a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure campaign in Mutants and Masterminds next week.

Ideas? Tips? I'm having a hard time thinking of protagonist Stand powers.

Other urls found in this thread:

pages.drexel.edu/~dft29/Stand_Generator/Stand-Generation-Overdrive.html
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Pyrokinetic_Surfing)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Mindscape_Materialization)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Sr-zwkAho-hJcp4oiy-OAJwqW3Qi7F2fCSGjekEXQs
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Hatred_Empowerment)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Impurity_Destruction)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Muscle_Mass_Enhancement)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Omnipresence)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Memory_Implantation)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Fantasy_Embodiment)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Speed_Calling)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Law_Creation)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Blade_Construction)
youtu.be/7MFJ7ie_yGU
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Madness_Manipulation)
youtu.be/pR30knJs4Xk
youtu.be/CG3hedslOBY
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Balance)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Elemental_Claws)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Photoportation)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Emotion-Connective_Immortality)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_Infusion)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Corrupting_Madness)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Technology_Stopping)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Fraud_Inducement)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Bond_Destruction)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Empathic_Healing)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Causality_Reversal)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Entity_Creation)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Omnicounter)
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/World_Merging)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BUMP. I've got a plot outline and several villains but not good hero powers.

One more Bump

Somewhere on the internet there is a stand generator that uses song names to generate stands and powers for them

pages.drexel.edu/~dft29/Stand_Generator/Stand-Generation-Overdrive.html

I envy you- none of my friends are into JoJo enough to actually play a campaign like that.

Holy shit, I found it and it's awesome!

>Stand Name: Crimson Ghost

>Stand Ability: [Pyrokinetic Surfing (powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Pyrokinetic_Surfing)

>Power - B

>Speed - C

>Range - B

>Durability - C

>Precision - E

>Potential - A

>Description: The ability to manipulate fire to increase their maneuverability. Sub-power of Fire Manipulation. Variation of Matter Surfing. User controls the fire in a way that increases their ability to move and/or maneuver either by granting them abilities they otherwise lack or allowing them to ignore normally needed equipment.

Stand Name: Starman

Stand Ability: [Mindscape Materialization](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Mindscape_Materialization)

Power - D

Speed - D

Range - B

Durability - D

Precision - C

Potential - C

Description: The ability to materialize an inner world onto reality. Sub-power of Imagination Manipulation. Variation of Subjective Reality The user can bring a world or environment from their mind into reality. These worlds can be materialized from a separate reality that already exists within the user themselves and because these worlds are created from within, they may have their own rules that even the creator is unaware of. These worlds can be a representation of the user or a construct of the users...

Currently not in a position to stand dump, take one from my campaign and a link to the archive

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Sr-zwkAho-hJcp4oiy-OAJwqW3Qi7F2fCSGjekEXQs
>「YMCA」
(Split/Combined)
Destructive Power - C/A
Speed - B
Range - B/D
Durability - D/B
Precision - B
Developmental Potential - C

>Appearance
「YMCA」 is a muscular white humanoid stand covered in various decorations colored bright red, green, blue, and purple. The stand also has "YMCA" printed in large lettering on its chest. when the stand splits, only the decorations that match the stand's color(s) remain on its body

>Ability
「YMCA」can split its body into four pieces, Red, Green, Blue, and "Ultraviolet". It uses this to surround opponents, or splitting mid attack rush to surprise their opponent with six more fists than they were expecting.

「YMCA」can also split the user, other objects, and people. However, the split bodies are not all equal in strength, unlike「YMCA」itself. These split bodies cannot recombine willingly while still in the stand's range. The strength of each piece is determined by the percentage of color the target has. (ultraviolet is typically the weakest) Unlike the stand itself, the "Ultraviolet" pieces of other objects are completely invisible.

That's a cool Stand

Stand Name: Outlaw

Stand Ability: [Hatred Empowerment](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Hatred_Empowerment)

Power - C

Speed - E

Range - A

Durability - E

Precision - A

Potential - E

Description: The ability to be strengthened by hatred. Sub-power of Hatred Manipulation. Variation of Emotion Empowerment. Opposite of Love Empowerment. User becomes stronger, faster, more durable, etc. by hatred of oneself and others, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing their existing powers. Some users may be able to draw sustenance from the hatred or even slow or stop aging.

Stand Name: Mein Land

Stand Ability: [Impurity Destruction](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Impurity_Destruction)

Power - B

Speed - A

Range - E

Durability - D

Precision - E

Potential - C

Description: The ability to specifically attack and/or destroy malefic entities. Sub-power to Divine Force Manipulation. The user can attack in ways that harm exclusively malevolent/evil entity, the amount of damage that the target sustains may be reflected of their impurity of their soul. The attack can be powerful enough to kill a malevolent immortal, have the ability to banish a living malevolent enitity to hell after killing them or destroy the spirit along with the body.

I guess one thing you could do is have various bonus modifiers added dependant on how many power levels a certain trait is above the enemy.
Like a speed A gets a +2 to catch a speed C

Stand Name: Re-Arranged

Stand Ability: [Muscle Mass Enhancement](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Muscle_Mass_Enhancement)

Power - A

Speed - E

Range - C

Durability - C

Precision - B

Potential - E

Description: The power to enhance muscle mass of oneself or others. Sub-power of Muscle Manipulation. Opposite to Muscle Mass Weakening. The user can increase the muscle mass (all or only certain muscles) of oneself and others, enhancing any physical abilities pertaining to muscle, such as strength, speed, stamina and durability.

>Stand Name: undefined

>Stand Ability: [Omnipresence](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Omnipresence)

>Power - A

>Speed - A

>Range - E

>Durability - B

>Precision - C

>Potential - A

>Description: The ability to be everywhere in existence at once. Sub-power of Omnipotence. Omnipresence is the property of being present everywhere.

>Omnipresence
>Range: E
How dies that work?

Wherever you go, there you are.

Maybe the stand gets put down as a physical item, and you have the ability to basically teleport to anywhere within a certain radius of it, with no repercussions?

The stand exists in all places simultaneously, provided those places are within the stand's E range.

The stand allows teleportation to and ESP viewing of literally anywhere, but beyond that and when used to fight other stands, it's a punchghost that cannot be more that 2m away from its user.

The E stands for Enough

Stand Name: Pure Imagination

Stand Ability: [Memory Implantation](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Memory_Implantation)

Power - D

Speed - A

Range - E

Durability - E

Precision - C

Potential - C

Description: The power to implant memories in others' minds. Sub-power of Memory Manipulation. The user can implant memories into the minds of others, which can either be the memories of others, or false memories manufactured by the user. They can completely re-write a person's memories to change their personalities, knowledge, self-identifications, etc.

I figured the song name was kinda unconventional, but what ever

Stand Name: The Real Me

Stand Ability: [Fantasy Embodiment](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Fantasy_Embodiment)

Power - C

Speed - B

Range - C

Durability - C

Precision - D

Potential - A

Description: The ability to become the embodiment of fantasy. Variation of Fantasy Manipulation, Genre Embodiment and Magic Embodiment. Users become the embodiment of fantasy - the concept and conveyance of magic in fiction.

I like it!

Are you a player or the GM?

I am the GM

Good grief. It is gonna be hard for you. But why do you need protagonist stands, can't your players come up with any?

Is this a Jojo reference?

Nope.

I'm basing my game off this greentext, specifically that the players don't get to pick their stands. That, and at least one of them is a notorious minmaxer.

I've got one protagonist stand so far:

『Kickstart My Heart』: This stand is equipped with two Sponges on its shoulderpads. These sponges can absorb energy and store it. The energy can be "Squeezed" out later, concentrating it into beams and blasts. The sponges can also be laid as traps. However, the sponges leak, and trying to absorb too much energy will hurt the user.

Makes sense i guess. I ran a short jojo campaign once, just a couple sessions to test the waters, if you are interested i can see if i can remem(e)ber what stands were used.

Please do remember. I'd love to hear about them.

My problem is that I come up with lots of badguy stands but nothing that seems versatile yet interesting to play as a player.

user? You there?

I might not remember stats perfectly, but I'll try to go by memory.Off the top of my head...

>Stand Name: [Red Nightmare] (from "One more red nightmare", King Crimson)
Power - C
Speed - D
Range - B
Durability - D
Precision - B
Potential - A
Odd enough, this was the stand of the JoJo, Juniper Jordan (notice that being an adoptive jojo, she didn't actually have two Jo's in her name. Nice touch imho). It appears as a woman wearing a soviet hat with a red star on it and clinging to a huge bomb. Red Nightmare can pick a target designated by its user and deliver the bomb on it- the bomb is homing, but it's possible to avoid it. Upon being it by the bomb, you take no physical damage but develop an instantaneous repulsion and feeligns of paranoia toward something. It was used to pull all sorts of crazy tricks like stopping an enemy stand user from escaping a building by making him instantly afraid of doors and windows, and stuff like that. Of course the more willpower the target has, the least this power comes in handy. Also, no making people afraid of their own stands or themselves.

>Stand Name: Shock the Monkey ("Shock the Monkey" by Peter Gabriel)
Power - D
Speed - B
Range - C
Durability - B
Precision - D
Potential - C
An actual monkey with a monkey stand. Yes. I guess you can remove the need for the stand user to be a monkey as well. Shock The Monkey appears like a medium- sized monkey wielding a defibrillator on both hands and feet. By touching someone with them it can freeze them in place in whatever position they were- yes, even midair- as long as the monkey keeps making contact with them. Shock the Monkey
can move far from its owner, but its power is touch-range only.

>Stand Name: [Debra Kadabra] ("Debra Kadabra" by Frank Zappa)
Power - E
Speed - C
Range- C
Durability - B
Precision - B
Potential - A
I only get odd ones, I swear. This was a witch-like stand with the power to make inanimate things into their opposites. However, what qualifies as something's opposite is somewhat nebulous... just to make an exhample, it was used to turn a chair into a walking cane -since one helps you stand up while the other makes you sit down- a door into a wall, a gun into a dove, and shit like that. Won't work if you don't know how to make it work, though- as long as you aren't aware of a possible opposite to something, it won't do anything. Requires a bit of arguing, thankfully the palyer wasn't an asshat and ended up being stupidly fun. Kinda like Gold Experience really.

>Stand Name: Elephant Talk ("Elephant Talk" by King Crimson)
Power - A
Speed - B
Range - D
Durability - B
Precision - B
Potential - E
More conventional. A six- armed humanoid with elephant head which can suck in noises and then fire them from the trunk in a cone in front of itself. Also sucks in water like a real elephant, of course. The group's designated muscle thanks to having six puncing arms, ended up doing most of the stand-punching scenes.

Well, this was the party, hope it's gonna be useful to you.

Different guy, if you're still taking ideas then I've got a few:

>Stand Name: Sonic Highway

>Power: C
>Speed: B
>Range: B
>Durability:D
>Precision:A
>Potential:C

>Appearance:
Pistol-sized megaphone/laser microphone

>Ability:
Can absorb and store sounds from the environment. Uses these stored sounds to form a pathway that follows the trajectory of the sound waves. Noise level determines the size of the objects that can pass through the pathway, and frequency determines the acceleration. Max speed possible in the pathways is equal to the speed of sound in the area, subject to air density, temp, etc. Exit from the pathway is accompanied by a sonic boom with energy equivalent to the difference between starting and final velocities.

>Stand Name: Flash of the Blade ("Flash of the Blade", Iron Maiden)
Power - C
Speed - C
Range - D
Durability - A
Precision - A
Potential - C

>Appearance: An armored knight with a bastard sword

>Ability: Presciently aware of any attacks against the Stand User, allowing the Stand to parry or deflect them with ease.

Another one

>Stand Name: Cold Blows The Wind

>Power: C
>Speed:C
>Range:B
>Durability:A
>Precision:A
>Potential:E

>Appearance:
Skeletal , feminine humanoid, seemingly carved from stone with robotic limbs, 3 left arms. Very detailed face with all features present; eyes have multiple pupils. Hoses coiled in chest cavities ending in sharpened spouts, surrounding a basket filled with fruits.

>Ability
Physical enhancement via supplements, in the form of the tears, fluids, and fruits. Tears accelerate the metabolism, increasing reaction time and reducing healing time. Fluids provide calories and nutrients, enough to sustain an average man for weeks on just a mouthful. Fruits reinforce musculoskeletal structure, toughening both to near bulletproof levels. Excess consumption can cause extreme malnutrition, vitamin overdose, and complete paralysis. Combining all three in large amounts will force the target into a period of metamorphosis at the end of which the enhancements will stabilize and be permanent. Only way to reverse he enhancements is with a kiss from the stand which instantly drains all life from the target.

Stand Name: All Out of Love

Stand Ability: [Speed Calling](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Speed_Calling)

Power - B

Speed - E

Range - D

Durability - A

Precision - D

Potential - D

Description: The ability to grant enhanced speed and agility to oneself or others. Variation of Enhancement Calling. The user has the ability to grant enhanced speed and agility to oneself or others. This allows users to gain access of physical speed that's from an outside supernatural source. While not accessing this power, their speed is put in dormant state; thus, it allows the user to blend in easily with normal society without accidentally performing physical feats.

>Ability: Speed
>Speed - E
What?

>While not accessing this power, their speed is put in dormant state; thus, it allows the user to blend in easily with normal society without accidentally performing physical feat

Stand Name: Shackler's Revenge

Stand Ability: [Law Creation](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Law_Creation)

Power - C

Speed - B

Range - B

Durability - A

Precision - E

Potential - D

Description: The power to create physical laws. Sub-power of Law Manipulation. The user can create physical laws to bend others to the boundaries of the rule. When the rules have been set then the victims have no chance of escaping them. Unless the victims abide to the rules, it's hopeless for them.

>Stand Name: Violence Fetish

>Stand Ability: [Blade Construction](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Blade_Construction)

>Power - A

>Speed - E

>Range - E

>Durability - A

>Precision - A

>Potential - B

>Description: The power to create bladed weapons. Variation of Weapon Creation. User can create bladed weapons, including daggers, swords, etc., from nothing or by shaping the existing matter or energy. Depending on what the weapon is made of, it can posses a variety of abilities and be very effective in both offensive and defensive combat.

Do I win the award for edgiest stand?

I have quite a few stands from my campaign, I'll try and pick out ones that could possibly belong to a protagonist.

「 Cold Outside」
Namesake: youtu.be/7MFJ7ie_yGU

Power: D
Speed: B
Precision: B
Range: A
Durability: C
Learning: D

Appearance:「 Cold Outside」is a humanoid stand with light blue skin with ski goggles in place of its eyes. It wears a parka that is opened in the front, and a pair of baggy shorts. Across its body is a series of tubes that wrap around various sections of the body and open up at the back of the stand's body.

When「 Cold Outside」puts its hand on an object, it can change the thermal conductivity of the object. This effect lasts as long as the object is within range of the stand.

>Examples of what this can do:
Increasing the conductivity of a CPU, allowing it to cool faster.
Decreasing the conductivity of a snowball to prevent it from melting during hot weather.
Decreasing the Thermal conductivity of a person's skin, preventing their body heat from escaping. This could cause the victim to die of heat stroke in the middle of a blizzard.
Increasing the conductivity of a person's body during cold weather, causing all their body heat to irradiate away immediately.

>Stand Name: Hold My Heart

>Stand Ability: [Madness Manipulation](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Madness_Manipulation)

>Power - B

>Speed - D

>Range - A

>Durability - C

>Precision - E

>Potential - B

>Description: Power to manipulate madness. Sub-power of Mental Manipulation. The user can absorb, create, control, and manipulate Madness/Insanity of themselves, others or the madness energy around, whether increasing, decreasing, causing or otherwise chancing insanity, even manifesting the emotional energy to physical level and gain power from it.

「Pinball Wizard」
Power: C -> B*
Range: B
Precision: B
Potential: B -> C*
「Pinball Wizard」is a set of 6 floating, metallic, softball-sized, colored spheres that move at the user's whim, with each sphere being a different color. (Red Yellow Orange Green Blue Purple) The main function of the spheres is to absorb and release Hamon energy from the user. The stand's main method of attack is to ram things at high speeds and pump Hamon into them.

*Eventually, the user finds that the individual spheres can use Hamon energy to emulate other forms of EM radiation. (As opposed to just UV)
Red - Radio
Orange - IR/Microwaves
Yellow - Visible
Green - UV
Blue - X-Ray
Purple - Gamma

Potential enemy stand idea

「King Nothing」

Appears like a crown on top of the head of it's user, which no one, not even the user, is capable of removing from his head. On the crown are 7 red gems, placed equally along the crown. In the center of the crown above the user's head is what looks like a small black hole, but it has no effect on the crown, the user, or anything around it

「King Nothing」's primary ability is the wish granting. If the user hears someone verbally make a wish, whether intentionally or not, 「King Nothing」 will grant it. The only 3 wishes it cannot grant are killing somebody, bringing someone back from the dead, or a wish to free it from the crown(but more on that in a second). Everytime 「King Nothing」 grants a wish, one of the 7 gems on the crown shatters and disintegrates. The stand user himself has no control over this ability besides covering his ears so he can't hear wishes.

However, 「King Nothing」's wishes always either backfire or leave the wisher worse off. Money given to them by a wish might be counterfeit or stolen, a wish for a new car might have it break down seconds after it starts driving, a wish for new shoes might make them so overjoyed they start running..right into oncoming traffic, etc.

If 「King Nothing」 grants enough wishes to break all 7 gems, the crown itself is destroyed and 「King Nothing」 himself is free. 「King Nothing」 appears as a 10 foot tall humanoid black hole with golden shoes made from the crown. Anything it makes physical contact with gets sucked into it. 「King Nothing」 is a completely independent stand and takes zero input from it's user, and only avoids killing him because it would kill him too.

「King Nothing」's only 2 weaknesses are it's user, and that even free, it continues granting wishes, though it has the option not to. If it refuses however, it immediately gets trapped in the crown once more until it grants 7 wishes again.

This one's a bit simplistic, but as my campaign taught me, a clever enough player can pull some serious shenanigans with a basic stand.

「TNT 」
Namesake: youtu.be/pR30knJs4Xk

Power: B
Speed: C
Precision: D
Range: A
Durability: D
Learning: B

Appearance: a humanoid stand that appears to be made of glowing, fragmented, volcanic rock

Abilities: Chunks of TNT's body can be used as proximity or triggered mines. These mines explode violently when near another human, or at the user's will. This can allow it to mitigate direct physical damage by crumbling wherever it gets hit, like a really explosive cookie. Exploded chunks of TNT regenerate slowly over time.

「Hardware Store」

Speed: A
Precision: A
Range: D
Durability: B
Potential: C

Punchghost type stand. Orange colored, with a hard hat, and various tool belts covered in pockets wrapped around its body.
(Real names pending on the abilities)
「Hardware Store」's first ability, 「Would you look at all that stuff」, allows it to shove any object that it can carry into one of the various pockets on its person. The pockets each lead to a separate pocket dimension, but each pocket can only store one object. (About 30 pockets in total) Why does 「Hardware Store」need so many pockets? Because of its second ability, 「Mix & Match」, which allows it to combine two of the objects in its inventory. (This process can be undone)

The ability works like so: 「Hardware Store」's user is at a restaurant, and wants some pepper for his fries, but there is no pepper shaker in sight. He does, however, have two objects in the stand's inventory: a martini shaker, and a can of pepper spray. 「Hardware Store」 then combines the martini SHAKER and the can of PEPPER spray into a PEPPER SHAKER. He then proceeds with his meal as normal.

It's basically the reverse of this: youtu.be/CG3hedslOBY

>Stand Name: 「Peace」

>Stand Ability: [Power Balance](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Balance)

>Power - E
>Speed - B
>Range - B
>Durability - A
>Precision - B
>Potential - A

>Description: The power to increase or decrease the powers of others or oneself via balance. This power can also be used in various abilities such as empowerment abilities or Powerful Objects. Variation of Power Augmentation.

Goddamit now I want a canon Weird Al Stand

Decided to make a few more of these.

And this is all I've made thus far.

Is this anything but random?

Either way

Stand Name: Innuendo

Stand Ability: [Elemental Claws](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Elemental_Claws)

Power - E

Speed - B

Range - C

Durability - A

Precision - D

Potential - D

Description: The power to create claws out of elemental forces. Combination of Claw Retraction and Elemental Constructs. The user can project and retract razor-sharp claws of the different elemental forces from their fingertips for offensive purposes.

Absolutely beautiful, user. That just made my day.

Fun fact: I didn't come up with the name or design for the stand until well after I wrote up the ability. I realized that the stand could use its ability to perform a synchronized choreography of the YMCA dance, so I name if YMCA and tried to make it like a technicolor village people member. (Village Person?)

Stand Name: Word Crimes

Stand Ability: [Photoportation](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Photoportation)

Power - A

Speed - C

Range - E

Durability - D

Precision - D

Potential - D

Description: The power to teleport via photons. Technique of Light Manipulation. Variation of Elemental Teleportation and Ergoportation. Opposite to Umbrageous Teleportation. The user can teleport via light/photons, merging into light and appearing anywhere else from the same element.

Ok this one was pretty good

Stand Name: Defying Gravity

Stand Ability: [Emotion-Connective Immortality](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Emotion-Connective_Immortality)

Power - A

Speed - E

Range - A

Durability - C

Precision - E

Potential - D

Description: The power to be indestructible and immortal while the feelings of another towards oneself still exist. Variation of Reliant Immortality. The users existence is tethered by the feelings that others may have about the user, whether it be hatred, love, sadness, anger, or any other emotion, the user can anchor their existence to reality based on the emotions and feelings others may have about them. So long as the emotions exist, they will never permanently die.

>King Nothing

Stand Name: Love Less

Stand Ability: [Energy Infusion](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_Infusion)

Power - B

Speed - D

Range - C

Durability - A

Precision - C

Potential - A

Description: The user can infuse objects (usually a weapon), beings or powers with energy, empowering and energizing them and allowing the user to manipulate their qualities and efficiency. Depending on the type of energy that the object is infuse, it can posses a variety of abilities and be very effective in both offensive and defensive combat.

Sounds like a villains stand, you go around acting like a dick and being an asshole to get people to hate you to make you stronger

Isn't that just kinda like a Reverse Ebony Devil?

Well fuck. I'll probably keep it as an idea since no one in the group I plan on running this for knows much about Jojo yet.

Another possible idea:

「Shout To the Lord」(alternate name 「Breaking the Silence」

A stand belonging to an old pastor(who believes the stand to be a gift from God), 「Shout To the Lord」 is capable of sonic manipulations. The stand user typically just uses this to project his voice without a microphone, but it's capable of sonic blasts, increasing and decreasing the volumes of sounds made by himself and others around him, detecting frequencies beyond the range of normal human hearing, and basically most of the other stuff sonic manipulation entails.

The stand itself is about 7 feet tall, with a head shaped like a microphone, and a pair of detachable megaphones protruding from his shoulders. 「Shout To the Lord」 is fairly lanky and thin like a microphone stand, and kneels when it's user is using it to speak.

Bang your head, metal will drive you mad

Stand Name: Death Tone

Stand Ability: [Corrupting Madness](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Corrupting_Madness)

Power - A

Speed - D

Range - C

Durability - A

Precision - C

Potential - A

Description: The ability to corrupt beings or objects with madness. Combination of Madness Manipulation and Corruption Manipulation. The user can corrupt people (possibly themselves included) and objects with/by the power of madness both physically and mentally while granting them power. The corruption usually manifests as twisting the bodies/appearance of the subject. Sentient beings are driven incurably insane, although they may be able to control themselves enough to pass as normal.

Generator is shit.

Look in the archive for JoJo. There have been threads recently where someone had an archive of many stands from the old /sss/ threads.

>corrupting madness
this would be your stand.

Nothing about Manowar or that stands powers is /pol/ at all though...

The Joestars luck with airplanes continues. Works over forever

Stand Name: Permanent Vacation

Stand Ability: [Technology Stopping](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Technology_Stopping)

Power - E

Speed - E

Range - D

Durability - D

Precision - B

Potential - C

Description: The ability to cause technology to fail. Sub-power of Crash!. The user can cause technology of any kind to fail by various means (overheating, exploding, causing something to go offline/not work anymore, etc.), making machines useless, unable to work for a time or permanently.

「Led Zeppelin Part 1」
Speed: C
Potential: A
The more the User’s stand touches something, the more that thing will age. Things that naturally last longer will be able to stay under Led Zeppelin’s touch for longer. The stand accelerates ageing by 40x the first time it touches something, with this increasing for every 5 seconds it maintains contact by a margin of 2x. For example, if the stand held something for 10 seconds, it would start to age 40x faster, than 80x faster and then 160x faster. Other Stands are immune to these effects
The stand can evolve if the user touches himself, which will cause both himself and his stand to age and evolve by way of how long it has lasted.

「Led Zeppelin Part 2」
Power: E
Speed: E
Range: C
Durability: A
Precision: C
Potential: A
If the user uses their stand to age themselves enough then they will evolve into part 2, in this state the stand is no longer a punchghost but instead a constant effect. Everything in a 8 foot radius of the user ages 100x faster than normal, with this increasing by 10x every second something remains in this area, with the user now being immune to these effects. The user has now aged so much that he resembles a walking corpse, rotting ever so slightly yet still unmistakably alive. This ability cannot be turned off, however the user can designate places in the area in order to speed up the process at the cost of slowing it in other areas.

I love Grateful Dead

Ah fuck me sideways I forgot about that.
Ah well, my players probably won't remember it either so I'm golden.

OP here. I came up with two player stands so far.

Uptown Funk: Can absorb any liquid into sponges on its hands and squeeze them out later, at high force if desired. Sponges can also be detached and laid as traps.

G Major: Has a body made of aluminum foil. Has two modes:
>G Flat: becomes a flat sheet that can bend to forn surfaces, ramps, or stairs. It's also reflective.
>G Sharp: becomes covered in metal spikes. Good for punching.

Stand Name: Goodbye Elenore

Stand Ability: [Fraud Inducement](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Fraud_Inducement)

Power - E

Speed - E

Range - C

Durability - C

Precision - A

Potential - A

Description: The user of this power can induce lying and deceit in the eyes of others with acts of fraud. The user who pretends to be someone else and deceives others can even cause others to lie, cheat and deceive as well which acts like a disease that spreads.

「Radio Ga Ga」
Power: D
Speed: A
Durability: A
Precision: C
Potential: E
The user can Transfer a person's thoughts into a different medium, for example a radio, phone, TV, Camera etc just by thinking of the person. The thoughts transferred are clearer the more the user knows about the person. In order to read more than surface level thoughts the user must be able to see the target, though the target would in that case eventually realise something is delving into the memories and try to resist it.
The actual Stand takes the form of Eletrical wires that come out of the users hands, and can be used to either hook up to something to get a memory signal or as a makeshift whip. Maybe even let them have an electrocution attack as well.

「A Kind Of Magic」
Power: A
Durability: B
Potential: D
The user can shape artificial matter into weapons and control them through telekinesis, though only one weapon may move at a time. These weapons must be equal to the mass gained from the material used to make it, for example, a polearm could not be made out of a sock as it lacks the needed mass. The user may also put more mass into the weapon then is necessary in order to increase the durability and hitting force of the weapon, though this makes it heavier.
The Stand itself takes the form of a stereotypical knight in red armour (think a beefier version of Silver Chariot)

「Princes of the Universe」

Power - C

Speed - C

Range - C

Durability - C

Precision - C

Potential - A+

Princes of the Universe takes the form of a regally armed figure, wearing a crown and a purple cape of lordship. He carries a heavy scepter he uses as a weapon. Princes of the Universe has two powers:

First, 「No Rival」. Despite「Princes of the Universe」's exceedingly average statistic, they can alter ONE of their statistics to meet or exceed their enemies, while suffering a commensurate reduction in another stat. Ex. 「Princes of the Universe」 is challenged by Punch Ghost 420, who has Power A. 「Princes of the Universe」 can then increase THEIR power up to A+, but ANOTHER statistic (besides potential) must be reduced to compensate. So in order to increase their power to A+, they must reduce their Speed, Durability, or Precision to E. Due to the limitation that they cannot reduce their Potential, Princes of the Universe can only have two of these effects active at any time.

This stands second power, and the source of their A+ potential rating, is 「Blood of Kings」. For every enemy stand 「Princes of the Universe」 defeats, 「Blood of Kings」 allows them to CONSUME that enemy stand, transforming them into another jewel in their crown, increasing their own power in a statistic related to the enemy stand consumed, equal to the difference in 「Princes of the Universe」's power and the enemy stands power. So, for example, if 「Princes of the Universe」 defeats and consumes Punch Ghost 420, his Power will increase to B, the difference between Punch Ghost's A Power and Princes of the Universes' C. In order to make the most of this power, Princes of the Universe must seek out exceptionally excellent and powerful stand users, defeat them, and consume their stand. Consuming a Stand User's Stand renders them soulless, reducing them to a persistently catatonic vegetable until they die, or 「Princes of the Universe」 is destroyed.

It must be noted however, that with each statistic 「Princes of the Universe」increases to A, their potential is reduced a level. Thus, if they somehow defeat 5 enemy stands (the max number they can hold), each of which has a stat 「Princes of the Universe」desires at A+, 「Princes of the Universe」 can have maximum statistics of:

Power - A

Speed - A

Range - A

Durability - A

Precision - A

Potential - E

However, again, this requires FIVE seperate stands, with the exceptional A+. 「Princes of the Universe」 must defeat someone with A+ power, someone with A+ speed, someone with A+ range, so on and so forth. And unless they somehow find an enemy with a rating BEYOND A+ somehow, they cannot exceed A+ rating even with 「No Rival」

Furthermore, 「Princes of the Universe」is at the end, just a punch ghost - it's only power is it's raw physical attributes, which while superhuman, do it no good against other more unusual stand powers.

Until it achieves Requiem Form anyway....

Underrated

「DEACON BLUE]
STAND USER: AJA
Power - B

Speed - C

Range - A

Durability - E

Precision - B

Potential - B

I was thinking the power would be sound kinetic manipulation, turning sound waves into a deadly force tied in with their magnitude, forcing opponents to be absolutely silent when fighting it. It would take the shape of a saxophone the stand owner would play, to generate and otherwise orchestrate sounds.

Think like The World Over Heaven
You can exist everywhere you and your stand can directly reach, so you could turn a five-foot sphere around you into infinite punches, or do every action that's possible without moving from your current location.

OP again. Campaign will take place in Greece and be themes around the greek zodiac. I have stands for the following:
Players:
Pisces (forces objects to return to their start point)
Aquarius (absorb, carry, and discharge any liquid)
Libra (Change the dimensions of any object.)
Scorpio (living metal sheet)

Enemies:
Gemini: create fake, disposable bodies.
Sagittarius: A jet fighter that can hover and walk.
Capricorn: a sentient golf course where the ball is your soul.
Ophiucus: final boss. Destroys everything in a radius, which grows each time it is used.

Help me come up with more badguys?

Classical Zodiac and the ones you already used

Aries
Taurus
Gemini (X)
Cancer
Leo
Virgo
Libra (X)
Scorpio (X)
Sagittarius (X)
Capricorn (X)
Aquarius (X)
Pisces (X)

This leaves Aries, Cancer, Leo, and Virgo.

The brightest star in Leo is Regulus, which is Latin for Little Prince/Ruler. Its opposite southern sign is Aquarius. The Leo stand could be Ophiucus' chief lieutenant, or even the 'leader' of the baddies who players don't realize is trying to stop Ophiucus.

Ophiucus' star is THE SUN. Ophiucus could be a returning Titan, a race of stand users who were defeated by the Olympians (themselves a rival tribe of stand users who defended humanity from the Titans) millennia ago and imprisoned within the earth. However when an unexpected Volcanic Eruption free's Hyperion and his stand Ophiucus, he sets out using the strange meteoric stone he was imprisoned with to awaken Stand Powers in others in a bid to gather servants so that he can free and revive his brethren and rule the world. The Protagonists could be given their stands by being struck by rock shards flung from the eruption.

Leo's stand powers:

Power - B

Speed - B

Range - D

Durability - A

Precision - B

Potential - C

Leo takes the form of a large muscular human figure, clad in golden gladiator armor and wearing a fur mantle around his neck like a mane. A large championship belt is clasped around his waist with the face of a roaring lion set in the buckle, which is enormous and serves as a gut guard. The face mask of it's helmet is a lions maw

「Born to Lead」
Born to Lead gives Leo an inherit understanding of the powers, abilities, and talents of those who submit to him as a leader. When he leads others in combat, he can increase the statistics of ally stands in commensurate relation to their POTENTIAL stat.

「Nemean Lion」

Nemean Lion is Leo's 'passive' ability, that relates to it's stands own power and armor. It's gauntlets have claws on the knuckles that are sharper than swords, making it a powerful punch ghost. Furthermore, the stands armor is highly resistant to harm, and will repel almost all strikes and weapons and leaves the user themselves very resistant to harm. They are not immune however, to suffocation, constriction, or drowning... you know like a water user might be able to do.

Taurus, the Bull of Heavens, relates to the Cretan Bull of Minos fame (fathering stud of the Minotaur). Due to the precession of the equinox, it has since passed through the constellation Aries and into the constellation Pisces (hence our current era being known as the Age of Pisces). The Bull represents a strong-willed character with great perseverance and determination. In Egypt, Taurus was seen as the cow goddess Hathor. Hathor was the goddess of beauty, love, and happiness, and she represented all of the riches seen in cattle as the providers of nourishment. Roman astrologers considered Taurus ruled by Venus, the goddess of beauty, and Earth.

Taurus Stand Powers:

Power - B

Speed - C

Range - C

Durability - B

Potential - B

Taurus takes the form of a beautiful white bull, with pink hearts and stars painted into it's fur. It's stand user is a beautiful, caramel skinned woman. Taurus is a firm believer that love conquers all - and in fact makes sure it does with her stand power, 「Deep Purple」

「Deep Purple」
This power allows Taurus to control the affect of attraction between two persons of objects. This power is vague, and can refer to strong magnetic force ala Bastet, but also (and more often) emotional or romantic attraction. Simply put, Taurus can make people fall deeply or madly in love, or make them absolutely repelled by and hate each other, at least for a short period of time. She uses this power to play matchmaker, or break up couples she doesn't like (she's a Shipper), or even to harry her opponents with Yandere would be lovers and admirers. Like the Goddess Venus of old, she toys with the emotions of mortals, and above all desires to make all others love her. Stand Users can resist the effects of her ability with willpower and determination, however, and even strong magnetic force is of no use if someone has the power to RETURN OBJECTS TO THEIR ORIGINAL STATE.

I don't want the powers to be too literal. Aquarius was coincidental as I had the concept before deciding on the theme.

Also consider that these guys will be.fought in a tabletop rpg context, so consider the player experience.

I've got virgo designed now. Virgo makes you fell asleep depending on how cold you are. Players need to keep lighting fires and finding heat sources to stay awake.

I'm currently running a Jojo campaign using Wushu over Roll20 and I've been toying around with making a Chrono-Trigger style villain party to act as fun recurring antagonists/allies under duress. The whole idea is that their powers are opposites of the players stands conceptually, but I'm having trouble with the last two of them.
I'm also trying to make their music references match the players, or work on similar themes.
Here's the three I have so far.

One players stand 「Immersion」 lets it make solid surfaces it touches act like water to it, and things it is in contact with. Since that's all about cutting through a problem, its villain counterpart 「In Silico」 can place down symbols that transform the environment into a labyrinth around it, speeding up if the symbol is struck.
The party's 「Kingdom Fall」 is a fantasy-styled Bad Company made of little chess piece dudes and is all about dividing effort between goals, so its villain counterpart 「Short Change Hero」 is all about putting its eggs in one basket, letting it declare a 「Showdown」 with someone, making both of them immune to anything not caused by the other for the duration of the showdown. Kingdom Fall is based entirely on Dark Souls trailer songs, so Short Change Hero is Borderlands songs instead
「Climax-Action」is the party's Armor-styled stand that basically turns the user into Kamen Rider, complete with gaining strength from hope, so its counterpart 「No Pulse」 is a kaiju-styled armor that grows bigger, stronger, and tougher when it is looked upon with fear or awe.

Continued next post.

The problem two I'm having trouble with are the party's remaining stands. 「Daylight Fading」 allows teleportation, along with changing the angle the teleporter ends up facing, and 「Particle Man」 is a four part stand, each having different powers based on probability and observation. Part 1, 「Particle Man」 is extremely tiny, and manipulates probability to be more fortunate for the user as long as it remains unseen. Part 2, 「Triangle Man」 is a punchghost who is only able to do what its opponent expects that it can do, but is otherwise powerful. Part 3, 「Person Man」 causes whatever is expected to happen, but because the user is super depressed while using it it becomes a self-inflicted murphy's law, and Part 4, 「Universe Man」 is a planetoid-sized stand in far orbit that can't directly intervene in anything, but can see very well and extrapolate actions based on what it sees, getting more and more inaccurate the finer the detail and farther away its target is.

「Particle Man」's gimmick is that it picks one at random at the start of the session, and each one plays as a different personality of the same character. I'm having trouble coming up with villains for these two though, because what is a suitable and interesting opposite of a stand made of observation and probability? Or the opposite of a teleporter that isn't just a "things cant teleport here" field?

Does anyone have any ideas?

I assume something that opposes a stand based in making someone more mobile would instead make them immobile, so maybe a timestop that only affects one person that the stand user chooses?

Ooh, I like that. Maybe a timestop where they retain consciousness, but others don'. They get to pause and plan out a method of attack and then restart? My biggest concern is not making counterparts that hard counter their powers. These are supposed to be fun rival battles, not getting shut down before the fight even starts.

What is the radius/limit to the teleportation, for starters. Any Stand that removes the person from the physical realm and takes them elsewhere, like a mirror world or book realm, could limit them because now they can't move since space is irregular. Maybe a book-traveling based stand *"Science-Fiction Double Feature" means that the user can jump between books and lock other people in books If S-FDF attacks them in a library, then if Daylight Fading tries to teleport he can only teleport into another book within that distance within the library. Enigma-style "if the book is opened its contents are released" of course. You can make each book world perhaps have its own threat, depending on how it works.

As for Particle Man, their rival just needs to be incredibly full of themselves and operate with a very small Stand. If they look down on Triangle/Person Man, then their powers are weakened, and since it's a tiny Stand, Universe Man can't accurately get a read on it AND it can fight Particle Man. So regardless of what the guy rolls, this rival has the edge. Their Stand could be something like "Rule The World With Love", an emotion based Stand that helps the user get in touch with his opponent's emotions, or vice versa. If the user is angry, he can make the opponent angry. However, this feedback can also give the user clues on what the opponent is thinking. "Why is he so confident?" and so on. By doing this, he can play hide-and-seek trying to find Particle Man. As PM's user gets more and more nervous that PM is going to be found, RtWwL can get more excited. "HOT! I'm getting HOT!"

Stand Name: Melody from the Past

Stand Ability: [Bond Destruction](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Bond_Destruction)

Power - B

Speed - C

Range - B

Durability - C

Precision - B

Potential - C

Description: The power to destroy relationships between people. Sub-power of Bond Manipulation and Relationship Manipulation. The user can destroy the feelings other people feel for each other by literally cutting metaphorical bonds like love and friendship or trust, making people to develop the opposite emotions and causing conflicts between them. It can also weaken or negate powers drawn from such bonds.

I get that reference, friend.

Stand Name: Mother's Brain

Stand Ability: [Empathic Healing](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Empathic_Healing)

Power - C

Speed - C

Range - C

Durability - E

Precision - B

Potential - E

Description: The power to heal others' emotional wounds and/or burdens. Combination of Empathy and Healing. Not to be confused with Wound Transferal, or Mental Healing. The user can heal others' emotional wounds and/or burdens, but the pain of the injury will also carry over to the user in terms of psychic pain. This power offers a comfortable touch and a healing means that is otherwise beyond the ones that heal physical injuries, since they lack the power to heal emotional traumas.

Much appreciated bro

Stand Name: Heart Attack III

Stand Ability: [Causality Reversal](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Causality_Reversal)

Power - A

Speed - D

Range - B

Durability - C

Precision - A

Potential - E

Description: The ability to reverse causality. Sub-power of Causality Manipulation. Technique of Conceptual Attacks. The user can reverse the nature of causality to make it so the cause comes from the effect. The cause is merely a formality, as the effect has already happen before the cause has even started. The event looks completely normal to onlookers, as the cause lead to the effect, but the cause is simply an action meant to prove the fact that the effect has happened.

make your BBEG's stand have one very powerful and useful power and keep it mysterious, like The World was in SDC. Don't pull a Kira and just give him stand on top of stand with powers vague enough to do whatever he wants with them.

Also, if you're making the stands for the PCs, don't just make them yourself. Get a feel for what kind of music your players are into and create their stands based on that. It will feel much more meaningful that way and prevent some of the "this isn't what i want to play" feeling that can come with premade characters.

Finally, make sure you have a theme for the campaign. Each JoJo series has a very distinct theme and setting; its not like a regular villain of the week supers campaign where the heroes globetrot and everything is as different as you need it to be unless its specifically trying to be a pulpy adventure story like SCD was.

Stand Name: The Hounds

Stand Ability: [Entity Creation](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Entity_Creation)

Power - A

Speed - B

Range - B

Durability - D

Precision - D

Potential - B

Description: The power to create beings from various substances or shape them to certain shapes. Sub-power of Constructs Creation and Attack Powers. User is able to create beings of various substances or shape existing substances into wanted shapes and purposes. They can grant the beings varying levels of independence (controlled, automatons/programmed, semi-independent) and existence (momentary to permanent) and delete the creature once they are done with them.

what the fuck is the point in making a jojo ttrpg

the series relies on arakis sense of style, quirks and very well written fights

none of which you can really replicate

Stand Name: D.A.N.C.E.

Stand Ability: [Omnicounter](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Omnicounter)

Power - A

Speed - C

Range - D

Durability - A

Precision - E

Potential - D

Description: The power to oppose anything and everything. Omnicounter allows the user to oppose to all things, beings or powers. The power is split into sections where it counters that all original positions with opposites. It opposes basically anything with its direct opposites e.g. existence with nonexistence, life with death, fire with water, or fake with real vice versa, but not fire with nonexistence or good with darkness etc.

This feels like a villains stand just from how (seemingly) unbeatable it is.

Stand Name: 「IN THE END」

Stand Ability: [World Merging](powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/World_Merging)

Power - E

Speed - B

Range - A

Durability - B

Precision - D

Potential - C

Description: The power to merge a variety of worlds/planets into a singular world/form of desired design. Sub-power of Cosmic Creation. Opposite to World Splitting. The user can shape a personalized plane of existence to their liking by taking and merging the aspects and qualities of other worlds ranging to controlling and converging whole realities.

I've actually been helping test out one. while it doesn't necessarily play like a standard dnd game. You can have quite unique and fun fights.

If you forgo the need to make fights perfectly scripted, what you get is a wacky superhero game with power of friendship and amazing style.