Used to be part of a Fourm-Based RPG many years back

>Used to be part of a Fourm-Based RPG many years back
>Dragon Ball Z theme
>Had its own stat-based system, with quite possibly every technique featured in Dragon Ball, Z, and GT set out with damage numbers, time it takes to learn said techniques, items for purchase, and like, probably 15 or so different unique races
>Playerbase was low, so the players that did participate did a lot of roleplaying with combats to keep the "spirit of the game" alive
>As years went on and the game began to stagnate, mods eventually had to resort to adding stuff from other Anime like the 5 Elements from Naruto and (NOT) Air-Gears for whatever reason
>Game still died, though I recently found all of/most of the resources from it

Is there a Veeky Forums approved Dragon Ball TTRPG yet? This is basically asking to be compiled into a PDF for consumption.

Other urls found in this thread:

thecreamgames.tumblr.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bumping

Can you please share a green text story of your favorite game moment?

Do it OP, there is literally nothing to lose

Bumping for interest.

There is a dragon ball rpg that is stagnated since last year, it is pretty good but unfinished.

thecreamgames.tumblr.com
Here's the link for the pdfs

Yeah sure, won't be a favorite moment though and I'll just summarize the experience of walking into it

Most people have read the Ballad of Edgardo (And this will be no such story) but Fourm-based Roleplayers do tend to be more of an edgy bunch. The rules regarding names were VERY lax, so while some people would be their OC Freeza race, you'd also have some people literally named SSJ9001Goku or what have you, it got bad enough that by when I joined there was a Ban on the Saiyan Race as there were too many as is, for good reason too as they got their transformations (Each race had 3-5 transformations that gave boosts to your combat stats) were some of the easiest to get, plus everyone wanted to be Muh Saiyan OC anyway. I remember originally rolling up a Namekian master race as their unique racial techniques were pretty cool, ended up doing a speed build but none of that actually matters, because what was important isn't what you were, but who your """"friends""""" were

Going back onto how rules for naming were lax, this meant people would RP as their favorite characters from the show, or any other series really. Hell, the "creator" of the website was Simkin Hatake, the son of Kakashi Hatake for some reason or another. The Forum must had have been going for at least a couple years by the time I joined, because when I came in anyone who was friends with Admin-kun was made into a "Master" someone who you could do training with to learn some of their techniques, usually it was reserved for important story characters IE: Goku, King Piccolo, etc, but Admin privileges. I remember questioning how Gaara and Alucard got in but at this point it was whatever. As most people from the admin crew had abandoned the site, there were only Three main players who's power levels were non-fuckwithable Cyber Cell, a Big-Ghetto Star rebuild of one of Cells cells, he wasn't too bad. Anti-Sora (Originally Sora, but he RP'd killing Riku so he could turn Anti-form Super Saiyan) and Goku Jr, turned Edgelord of course (Was well known for brooding and blowing up planets because muh apathy)

These three made up the closest things to "admins" the site had, though Goku Jr was, unsurprisingly, a moderator, each of them basically dictated how the universe worked because Muh Powerlevel

So you join in as a weak as fuck scrub, free to do whatever you want so long as you don't fuck with these people. The premise wasn't too bad as it wasn't exactly limiting, the only real thing that you *couldn't* do was go out collecting the Black Star Dragon Balls as Goku Jr. had one and he says no. So how the fuck do you get good? Training was done in real time, so techniques that took X days to learn would take that many Real-World days to learn, making things that could reduce this time vital (Saiyans got multiple reductions because Warrior Race, Nameks got one too) though this mostly became a moot point as so long as your stats were shit unless you used top-tier finishing techniques non-stop you wouldn't be able to do much with out good Stats, so sparring and gravity training became bread and butter, there was an exception though. If you died you got a +50 to all stats (A sizeable bonus) and got the opportunity to train with Masters in either Heaven or Hell. Considering the techniques they had were God-tier, dying was in your best interest, the only main issue is you're gone for a month real time, unless you get wished back. Another reason why friendship became important. I remember trying to get a group together for suicide-pact training but Cyber Cell had a better idea, turning new players into indentured servants

Being an "online" game, it also had a clan system. It didn't really do anything but allow for players to say they're grouped together and give some very minor bonuses to training, but it did come with one nice bonus, it let you Conquer Planets ala Freeza force. The plan was to take over a planet that had a set of Dragon Balls, either Earth, New Namek, Gaara's planet, or one called the Planet of the Corrupted, which was a moderator zone so that one was already off the list. Since Earth was already conquered by Prince Sasuke Uchiha, who had a powerlevel of one million and a founding member, this basically only left New Namek, which was currently being ruled by Iron Man. Considering his name wasn't at least edgy enough to cut steel and hadn't sucked the admins cock, it was a complete shit-stomping and New Namek became ours, we then proceeded to farm Dragon Balls and use them to Death-cycle ourselves into mid-tier strength. What did Cyber Cell get out of this?

Absorption was busted as fuck, and let you get a portion of whoever you absorbed's stats, which they never lost. In addition you auto-learn one of their techniques. Bio-Androids, Majins, and I believe Tuffles were the only races that had access to it, but it was still bonkers and let Cyber Cell stay at the Number 2 spot in the universe

...Until he quit that is

It's important to note that at this point in the game three new Races were introduced, Aralians Robots and Wizards (Think Babidi, though people only played them as Magical Humans), all three designed by Cyber Cell. In Hindsight, he'd probably be /That Guy/ in any game group as he'd abuse the system hard, the Races were OK at best, but Aralians and Robots had one part that was busted as fuck, and he knew it. Aralians had the ability to call in reinforcements literally whenever (Though they were weak, they could still use self-killing moves for pocket bombs) and Robots had Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Not exactly mind you, but after purchasing an upgrade they could, with other robots, do QUADRUPLE FUSION, which, even assuming each at the point to reach their initial transformation, would out-power literally anyone. Seeing this, I swapped to it immediately, what I hadn't planned for was that nobody else would.

Anyway, the point being, after this Cyber Cell was getting bored of the grind for no reason and decided to peace, though before he left he held A great debate between myself and Cryos, an OC Son of Cooler to decide who would take over. After a long and grueling battle I was voted in and not long after Cryos left the clan to join the Moderator fun club. This was actually a good thing because he was competent and was smart enough to not go MAD WITH POWER.

And those were the best two years on the site, after that the threat of Goku Jr subsided as he left shortly after Cyber Cell did, though I'll admit the fear of him coming back was real enough that nobody bothered to revive the planets he blew up for quite some time. Regardless, the game basically dropped into a cold-war between the closest things to superpowers, Myself and Anti-Sora

(Though it should be mentioned this entire time there was also a happy-go-lucky Moderator named Domai, he never quit at that time and just sat there getting stronger and stronger with his two characters until he reached critical mass and Potara fused them both together to create the biggest dick nigga thus far, that being said he was pretty chill and just played the game because he enjoyed it so he let us do what we wanted while managing the website)

There really isn't much to say for whatever time period this was, as the game was dying. By all rights it should have just ended then and there but Goku Jr decided to come back and say no

And this is the part when the Cold War turns hot. I brought up Edgardo earlier for a very good reason, because the harder you suck an admins dick in a Forum RPG the stronger you become. In a game literally about powerlevels this is doubly so.

Goku Jr. (Now under the name of "The Crimson Warrior") decided to run an Event because apparently that's what Admins are supposed to do. It was everyone gets a Wish.... That's it. Also The Outsider from Dishonored was inside the Admin Planet and just blew it up come fight him. You get the wish whether or not you go fight the BBEG that just happened to appear, so there wasn't really any reason to but for bragging rights. The important point is, this wasn't a wish on the Dragon Balls, Black star or no. This was a rules free, you wish it it happens kind of wish, the only thing is it's a Corrupted Wish, Crimson gets to decide what downsides it comes with and it will be Fitting and Painful™

I wasn't creative, but I didn't really need to be. I wished for Absorption and the downside was I could only have a maximum of five stolen moves at a time. Limiting, but not too bad right? Right, this one wasn't so bad.

I think I still have the list of what everyone who made the Wish got somewhere, so I'll be looking for that

>For Cryptic! Your race is going to be changed over to Konatjin! Sadly, you lose all moves and items.

Pretty standard for a race change, so that was alright

>Shenron! you get a custom Item called the elemental blade. Non-dragon moves have AP reduced by 50, KI cost increased by 100.

If I remember correctly it was tailored after the new elemental techniques that were introduced around this time, it let him use some of the level 1 techniques in each of them, not bad honestly.

>Ironman can use finishers twice! The second time, half the ki is deducted from his life.

That was really strong, but he dumped his health stat so it was fitting

>Domai! IT, but he can't use it in battle.

Goku Jr had destroyed Yardrat before I came in, and would get TRIGGERED if anyone even mentioned it, as Yardrat was the only place to learn Instant Transmission this was a solid pick

>Jr., you get Sei/Do. Your prices are too complicated for me to type up right now.

You know those two Kryptonian martial arts Superman uses? Crimson got them under a different name. While he never used them he had to make sure his Epeen was bigger

>Supreme gets a scythe thingy. 1. The dragons can only use h2h. Only you or the dragons can get boosts from the fights. Not both.

I think he ended up getting two more sub-characters or something.

>Gojo Gets an attack, but I don't know all the details to it...
Neither did I at the time

>Last but not least... I become.....
>A HEARTLESS
Jesus fucking Christ what were they thinking

I'll admit there were some aspects of the game that were out of balance but this took the fucking cake. This was stereotypical "I win because I say I do" powergaming that becomes a token part of storytimes like these, and the best part is I can't make this shit up.

>Intangibility at will which allows him to avoid an undodgeable attack and escape from battle
>This includes if someone uses an item which creates a barrier around an area, making it so people can not escape from battle
>Furthermore if he's the one who uses it he was allowed to escape from his own battle and leave you trapped inside because thats how it works!!!!!
>Was able to keep Saiyan only techniques and racial ability too because ??

The downside?
>?
It was never mentioned, though it was assured to be something very very severe. I'll give the Mods credit where it was due, it managed to spark life back into the dead game, it was just a shame it was caused like this. Surely though even with all this power it would be safe with a Moderator right? What's the worst he can do, kill you? In a dragon ball setting? Technically yes, and he decided to do so on a mass scale.

Crimson peaced shortly afterward, and being the only real threat in the galaxy we decided to act. Considering Anti-Sora's transformations kept the Super Saiyan power boosts with added benefits, it was literally impossible to kill this guy unless he let you, so activating my inner fa/tg/uy at the time, I did what any sensible player would do. Look through the system for something equally as busted. And Goddamn did I find it.

First was a technique called Energy Transfer, a move you can only learn by going to Hell, and it's one most of the edgecrew had, for good reason. It let you convert Ki (A stat that was derived by multiplying) into raw damage for a 1-1 value. Someone just getting started could have 2K or so, someone at our level would have in the neighborhood of 20K, while health and Ki should be around the same amount if you build right, that still fucking hurts, even moreso if you combine it with an undodgeable attack, leaving the only was to reduce it would be to fire whatever your strongest beam was at it, at best reducing it by 1K, leaving you crippled at the end, and none of our people were evil aligned, so no popping into Hell to learn it. For the better anyway, as it was a crutch that came with a downside, the turn after using it you can take no action, none, no blocking or dodging and he knew this. While normally useless since none of us had the technique, we couldn't do dick if they used it.

But Domai was a fucking bro through and through

The Dexterity stat decided your action pool, everything you did took an action whether it was dodging, attacking... really wasn't much else to fighting but you get the idea. The formula was 10 Dex per action, and people had TONS. There was only a single case of people running out of actions in a fight and that was due to Domai showing someone what having a large pool of techniques could do. Keeping a neutral stance, he didn't want to help out either side, but he did refer me to one technique, something called Double Tsuhikidan, while it had Zero relevance in the series, what it did in this game was retarded.

>Krillin issues a blast from each hand, similar to the Kamehameha, and guides the blast towards his enemy. He created this attack for use during the 23rd World Tournament (Tenka-Ichi Budokai.)Can Create as many blast as Actions

>Can Create as many blast as Actions

Long story short, we now had a way to win so long as we could bait out the Energy Transfer, another thing we would have to do would be to set the scene. Anti remained "loyal" to Crimson, so we figured bringing back Yardrat was the best bait we could set. Sure, if Crimson showed back up we'd be dead, but we were dead anyway and this was more fun. So the seven(?) of us collected the Dragon Balls, brought the planet back, and with the help of a Kai player, teleported over and started fortifying. Anti-Sora's band wasn't too far behind.

I wasn't able to find the old roster so I'll have to go by memory on the head count for both sides

>The Dragon Hunters
Gojo the Robot
Avalon the Saiyan
Mystic Gohan the Autistic Saiyan
Supreme (Son of Freeza) yes that was his tagline
Supreme Shenron (?) One of the corrupt Dragon races
There was a Namekian I remember because he made us Dragon Balls but I can't remember his name
Supreme South Kai

>Hells Rejected (Yes this was their name)
Anti-Sora the Ḩ̵̶̢͞e̢̧̧ą̸͟͝r̴͘t̡l͢͢͡e̷͏͞s̢s̷̡̀͝, formerly Saiyan
Soxlas Namiri(?) Saiyan I think
drake, another Saiyan
Monolith something-or-other, Saiyan? May have been an Android
Iron Man, Bio-Android

They had the power advantage as the ones who were Saiyan had been playing for quite some time, though we did have tactics on our side. If there was any high-point in my time on this forum it would have had to be this fight, because goddamn was it satisfying.

This is so much autism.
I love it

I think we had maybe two days of preptime before they unloaded onto us. I think Gohan was Avalon's kid brother or autistic friend or something because they were together always and even Fusion buddies, they took on Iron Man and wrecked his shit because Fusion was bananas in the system.

This was a good thing because literally everyone else died flat out within a matter of turns (Luckily this managed to still be a few days thanks to play-by-post, and due to the Barrier grenades they were using nobody else could join in the fights once they were done theirs) I think I remember Alohan or whatever their fusion name was taking out drake too but it didn't really matter at that point, Anti didn't get to live very long.

I'd love to say it gets worse, but we're just about reaching the end of the game's life

Well, before the reboot anyway

And this is the part that's supposed to be the hyped up climatic final battle, but unfortunately there really wasn't much to be said. Despite being irredeemable edgelords they weren't bad writers (With the exception of Iron Man), so there was quite a bit of RPing in the fight itself. Though it mostly boiled down to blah blah good evil Darkness my power is maximum don't make me use my Special Attack. Point being, it didn't take long before Energy Transfer was used, and dickloads of Ki was pumped into it, I blocked it with (Kaioken Kamehameha?) I remember that being one of the strongest techniques in the system as far as damage goes, before firing off 26000 damage worth of Blast Spam. In a final call of bullshit, Anti-Sora died

And was immediately resurrected by the Dragon Balls

What? What did you expected from a Dragon Ball setting where actual human beings can think.

For what it's worth, the rematch was almost instant and ended in the same way, I remember killing him in three separate occasions using Double Tsuihikidan spam, the fourth time he fucked off and left me trapped in the barrier because THATS HOW IT WORKS!!!1!!!

On the one hand, they did leave and the ones still alive were free to "train" on Yardrat and learn Instant Transmission (30 fucking days to learn it I might add) , but on the other hand right after everyone lost interest and the game really truly died... kinda.

Maybe a year later we got back together again and revived it, revamping the system and adding things like a Custom Item system and stuff but it was maybe half a year before it died again. The Characters that time were far more fun and interesting, I miss Eli C. Tricity the thunder mage.

I, too, am really digging this story. There's something about the over the top BS and just rolling with it anyway that fits the spirit of DBZ very well. Truly, this forum RP seems to have really captured the true essence of DBZ.

I can't really go into a lot of detail of "the Reboot", as not too much of note happened other than things being added to the game and maybe half of a fight between Anti Sora and my new Character.
Looking back on it all, I'm glad I found this game when I did, it got me into TTRPGs or at least the closest thing to, and god knows the insanity of dealing with all of that has influenced the campaign I've been running for quite some time now especially considering some non-scaled down characters from it have made cameos but that'd take another thread entirely to storytime

Point being, what is the interest like for a heavy numbers based Dragon Ball Z tabletop? I've been going over whats left of the website this entire time and I know there's enough to salvage a system out of it.

I'd play it.

Go ahead and compile that PDF

There's probably be a lot of attention for a dragon ball system, even if it's unbalanced it'll make a good starting point for others.
Also thanks for the entertaining storytime OP, it was fun.

Screencapped OP's storytime, good on ya OP.