/mtg/ modern general

Hello all, how did you guys do at fnm? Did you lose to the fags still trying to squeeze their last bit of enjoyment out of their dredge decks? I for one went 4-0 with kiki chord, beating infect, burn, bant eldrazi, and Tron, so I'm quite pleased. Main board magus of the moon is the real deal desu. How did all you guys do? What do you think the new meta will be?

1st for Tron master race.

2nd for Tron, the cancer killing modern.

Tron is shit and will always be shit on by burn

Tron breaks the turn 3 rule too consistently to be allowed.

Make no mistake, turn 3 Karn is a game win. Also the reason true control decks will never exist.

>>Also the reason true control decks will never exist

If only wizards would print some form of countermagic... Oh wait.

If only they would print a viable, unconditional counterspell you mean.

>what is cryptic command
>what is cancell
>what is the newest aether revolt counterspell

But i guess it's better to cry instead of doing research.

those are all shit except for cryptic which comes too late

>Spot the bluehater baby

Cryptic is great, on turn 4. Not viable at all for stopping Tron.

Disallow is shit.
Cancel is shit.

Better suggestions would be Ceremonious Rejection or Commandeer.

>How did all you guys do?
I won it with UW Jerks

2-1 RGTron
2-1 AdNauseam
2-0 Podless

low turnout but still worth $24 in store cred

You anti-Tron weenies need to stop shitting up the general.

Back from whence ye came heathen.

Knave! Slander!

>Rishardan Port is still 100 dollars
Fuck off you fucking likes you know damn well that shit is barely worth half that

Lads, just packed this.
What do

If dubs you cum on it and post pictures.

GET

You throw it in the fucking trash cause it's not red. Honestly I'd put it on ebay right now for 40 dollars

Oh you.

Is he, dare I say it, our guy?

you know what you have to do, friend

If you throw it on right now for 40 dollars you might even get 60, you're not gonna get a better price for it, and if you disagree you're wrong, edh memes never go up once they peak

Is that modern legal? Why haven't I heard about it?

It's conspiracy you autistic cuck

It's played in Legacy you mong

that's spicy reversal

>people actually play "modern"
Literally why? Particularly after this banlist, Modern seems like a format for people too serious for standard, but too dumb/poor to play legacy.

>implying death and taxes has time to go tutoring
>implying aluren isn't going to stay strictly bug and never splash white cause it's not worth it.
Autism desu, it's barely played in legacy

Funny how a 50/50 matchup is the one that shits on it instead of Infect.

>Make no mistake, turn 3 Karn is a game win.
How do you remember to breathe?

>Tron is 50/50 with burn
Lol what? Is this the most autistic post of the year?

Land a 4-of Wurmcoil t3, win. Don't, lose, that's basically it. Nature's Claims off the side help, Pyroclasm slows the clock by a lot.

Legacy is very different. Why do you care what we do since you clearly don't play any of the formats you just mentioned

>implying you land an engine turn 3 50% of games
FUGGING ebin

What other baseless accusations can you scry from that one post?

Universally, modern fags are awful to be around, and inflate the prices of many fun things, just in the hopes they could be modern viable. For example, why in god's green gravy is Phyrexian Obliterator so expensive? Literally no one plays it in anything remotely competitive.

>why in god's green gravy is Phyrexian Obliterator so expensive?
Keep showing how ignorant you are. That card has nothing to do with modern. You're an idiot

It has nothing to do with any format, yet it's $30 on hype alone.

t3 Karning a landlight start is also pretty strong, t4 ulamog wins as well.

Tron to exile
W, sorcery
Exile target tapped permanent. That permanent's controller may draw a card.

Come on user, at least try.

Truncated Tron
1W, Enchantment
If a land would tap for more than one mana, it instead add that much mana to your mana pool.

Yeah, kill yourself.

ITT
>we design delusional stuff

Anyone play that Esper Narset meme deck here? It looks pretty interesting and I might build into it

Too much of a silver bullet. The point is to design general playable cards that also interact with Tron or what Tron does.

Here's one:

Counter Tron
UU instant
Counter target spell.

Not even close.

This, it's been embarrassing to read the last two ones.

Tron Drain
1uu instant
Counter target noncreature spell. At the beginning of your next main phase, add x to your mana pool, where x equals the CMC of the countered spell.

You know those spells already exist?

Also, why so mad?

Fork Tron
Rr instant
Copy target spell, or activated ability. You may choose new targets for the copy.

>implying you won't beat this

Surveil Blasphemy
1W
Enchantment
When Surveil Blasphemy enters the battlefield, name a word, then flip all permanents with the chosen word in their name face down. Those permanents are 2/2 creatures.
>caught between saying exile all but it's too strong
Whenever a permanent enters the battlefield, if it has the chosen word in its name, exile it.

Is it a bankable offense to shit up threads with your retarded oc?

>name island
>pyroclasm
Seems god.

Tronvine
2gg creature elemental
4/3
Whenever an opponent plays a non-basic land, if they control three or more, you may return tronvine from your graveyard to the battlefield.

Golgari grave tron
1gg
Creature, 2/2
Dredge 3
When ~ enters the battlefield, destroy target non-basic land, artifact, or enchantment.

Tron Nauseam
3BB Instant

Reveal the top card of your library and put that card into your hand. You lose life equal to its converted mana cost. You may repeat this process any number of times.

Seems like a card that would be good at beating tron.

I didn't think about basic lands

it would probably need to say "if it isn't a basic land" or "name a word other than a basic land type"

Let the autist sperg.

Does that make Eggs viable again?

I may be a huge faggot, but I laughed at these.

Eidolon of the Tron Revel
{R}{R}

Whenever a non- basic land enters the battlefield, ~~deals 2 damage to that lands controller.
2/2

Could a card like this fix Modern?

Just play Zo-Zu.

No. It would suck

The tron list ive been playing and tweaking for 7 or 8 months

4 tower
4 mine
4 powerplant
1 cavern of souls
3 eldrazi temple
1 forest
1 swamp
1 wastes

4 ancient stirrings
2 not of this world
2 warping wail
2 thoughtsieze
2 inquasition of kozalek
2 all is dust

4 expidition maps
4 chromatic sphere
4 chromatic star

2 karn
2 ugin the spirit dragon

4 thought not seer
4 reality smasher
2 ulamog the ceaseless hunger
1 emrakul the promised end

Overall im pretty happy with this and it does fairly well but im open to suggestions on how to streamline it. Not of this world is a new addition and has been doing great, but im not convinced warping wail is worth the slot.

>wastes

For what purpose?

All your urza lands tap for colorless.

Looks like shit. You don't want to run discard. Oblivion stone is better than all is dust. Not of this world isn't very good.

Tron as a deck is super solved. Just look up a list and build that

Bloodmoon mostly and just to search up basics off of path and ghost quarter

Id have to disagree with you there. Hand disruption plus stringing together thoughtnot and karn really makes for a powerfull way to throw the opponet off his gameplan. Plus its unexpected for tron. Im not trying to build the same old list but have one of my own.

Cards like these might make control viable in modern.

Also not of this world is great. Protects ugin from path or and the like for free and 7 mana isnt a big deal for tron in any case

Meant to say ulamog not ugin sorry

All you're going to accomplish is waste money on cards and entry fees.
You can play around with like 4 or 5 cards in a list, but what you're doing is purposely shooting yourself in the foot.

Stop posting custom cards in a modern general.

Again id have to disagree. I usually go 3 and 1 and ive had several 4 and 0's at weekly fnm and my meta is huge so its a pretty diverse field. Im not trying to go pro or anything, just optimize my deck in the frame of disruption and the ability to play slow if need be

>I'm a special snowflake
Oh I see. I'll leave you to your own then

Fair enough. Thanks for the advice

These are the results of the first 2 days of modern leagues since the bannings went into effect.
Thoughts? Would you be happy if this was the new modern meta?

Gilded tron
Three Tron wins is three too many.

A disturbing lack of fast decks. Just ad nauseam, affinity, and amulet bloom (which I doubt is consistent enough).

The bans haven't been put in effect yet though

They were put into effect online a couple of days ago

I did not know they were earlier online. Interesting

They have
here's my delver list, those outlines mean the probes aren't legal and I can't enter events with the deck until I remove them

Normally they aren't, but with the early bans they put them into effect earlier than paper MTG for some reason.

oh wow

One a scale of one to fucking mullered, how is dredge handling the bans? It seems relatively ok with subbing thug lyfe for GGT but I'm not 100% certain yet.

It'll be tier two at worse

I wonder how the Affinity player 5-0d with such a shit list but then I remembered since 2016 January Modern is about matchup lottery and the die roll, sprinkled with free wins via Blood Moon+Chalice.

I guess it's fine? I dunno, I'd like to see a burn list in there somewhere, but it's fine or whatever.

It's so people can test the "new" meta

Stay salty

I went 3-1 with budget affinity, deck is worth about $50 and its just cranial plating, bolt, galv blast and a bunch of cheap artifacts.

I lost against bant eldrazi and beat a starter deck, jund and jeskai delver, somehow

Spring another 15 bucks into it and pick up master of etheriums (and springleaf drums if you don't have them)

What makes you think I'm salty?

did you guys see the landfall deck jeff hoogland played on stream recently? it was gas desu

looked real good. Rallier seems excellent

I've been playing it all week. It's fucking dank.
I was skeptical because he seemed to get lucky and the sultai deck was garbage.
I think tireless tracker deserves some sideboard slots against grindy decks

tireless tracker sounds sweet in the sideboard, and yeah LOL that sultai deck was trash. did you make any changes to the 75 he played? it seemed like you'd want more ghor-clan rampagers