Age of Sigmar General ! /aosg/

Plastic nipples Edition

>resources
pastebin.com/vv6y7fLu

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Old thread: >Freshest Rules in Epub (Use READIUM for PC or KOBO on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!C0Z2nZyQ

We must build the wall

ELVES OUT OF GHYRAN
REMOVE KNIFEEAR
E
M
O
V
E

And you're gonna pay for it, corpse-thing.

How many shit posts do we have to have at the start of a thread before meaningful discussion begins?

I'll start, where can you find the point costs for the new Tzeentch models? Either I'm blind, or they're not on the battlescrolls. Are they somewhere in the book or are they basically unplayable in matched play until GHB2?

>the wall isnt meaningful discussion
Youll be sorry when the birds come....

>GHB2
GW announced v2.0 already?

>meaningful discussion
>AoS

Chaos dwarf Fireglaives > Handgunners lmao xdd
Elf wizard guy < Gaunt-summoner ELFFAGS BTFO

They said theyre working on it and asked people for feedback

We don't know anything else

You can have another meaningful discussion when the ELVES ARE FERTILIZER!

See

>and asked people for feedback
I started to like new GW when they released Sylvaneth and GHB and I'm still positively suprised

>Tzaangors 10-30 180 Battleline

So, let's talk about the new stuff a little. Because while the new Tzaangors have a nasty potential the pricetag seems kinda high.
How would you guys use these? Blobs of 20 seem solid.

Between these lads having a +5 save and Marauders getting a +6 (which can become a +5 if they take shields. I just wish that Bloodreavers had +6 at least.

>Lord of Change (Leader, Behemot) - 300pts
Sword and Claws are nice enough, but the Rod of Sorcery is a clear winner for me.

>Tzaangor Enlightened 3-9 160pts
Guided by the Past is an amazing piece of psychological warfare, but I don't think a Tzaangor Shaman really wants to follow them into melee, even with Infusion Arcanum.
They cost quite a lot and are fragile as fuck, but they pack a lot of punch and are speedy little shits.

Looking good.
Do you only get the Beak and Talon attacks when you pick Staff of Tzeentch?

What's best minimum investment battleline for a general Destruction army? Ogors? Is a ten man unit of savage orruks or twenty man unit of moonclan worth it?

I really wish 'ardboyz were general battleline.

You always have a staff, and should choose one extra weapon from either talons, sword or rod.

>Kairos (Leader, Behemot, unique) - 340pts

Boring, even more so with the nerf to Oracle of Eternity and the removal of Secrets and Ciphers.

Do you have a warscroll for Magister? Is this the same old Tzeentch Sorcerer Lord without rules changes?

I'm trying to think if it would ever be worth trying to have like 30 of these to max the full Savagery bonus?

>Kairic Acolytes 10-40 140 Battleline
Pricey for ten marauder-tier fuckers. They are pretty decent, but the cost is rather high. Not entirely convinced.

Same rules as the Sorc Lord of Tzeentch, yeah. He's 120pts and counts as a Leader.

Considering their weapon ranges, probably not.

Even as a Khorne fanboi this Tzeentch release is tempting. If that's the new standard I can't fucking wait for Slaanesh and the Shadow Aelfs.

Theyre like Marauders but better. If they didnt have a shooting attack they would be 120 points for 10.

140 is actually a fair cost

Can I have a Chaos Sorcerer Lord with the Mark of Tzeentch in this army? I heard Slaves to Darkness models aligned to Tzeentch are good to go?

Yeah, think you're right. If they could take spears like their Enlightened Brethren, maybe, but as is, don't think it works.

Bull centaur execution herd+ a demonsmith worth buying for a 1k army? I love the way they look!

Yep, and all other Slaves of Darkness models with Mark of Tzeentch work too.

I'm sort of bummed there seems to be less synergy with keyworded units compared to the Khorne army.

Realised that these were the guys I should have been referring to.

Know what you mean. I have a decent amount of Bloodbound and Slaves, so I wouldn't mind getting some of this to add to my overall Chaos collection.

These Leaders are all unchanged bar some name and keyword changes:
Magister (Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch) - 120pts
Fatemaster (Lord of Tzeentch on disc) - 140pts
Curseling, Eye of Tzeentch (Curseling, Lord of Tzeentch) - 140pts
Ogroid Thaumathurge - 160pts
Blue Scribes - 120pts
Changeling - 140pts

Gaunt Summoner (lost his familiars, but is otherwise the same) - 120pts

What about the Gaunt Summoner on Disc? Is he only for Archaon?

>Marauders are 60 for ten
>Bloodreavers are 60 for ten
>Acolythes are 140 for ten
Uh-huh, that seems logical.

He's not listed under Tzeentch stuff, though he has the keyword.

They have an 18" range attack, bruh.

Compare them to something like Saurus Warriors

Please tell me the points are also in the physical book somewhere, I don't want to constantly switch between that clunky app and the book every time I build a list.

Why can't they just put point costs on the warscrolls? Plenty of space on the things.

Yep and with a Tzeentch Wizard nearby 18"/4+/4+ is actually quite nice for a multipurpose unit.

I like their masks. The Bird motive was so under used with Tzeentch. Glad it's coming back.

hhhnnnggg

Pre-orders are up on Games Workshop.

I'm thinking I'm going to repurpose my Roman Khorne idea to instead make Roman Tzeentch. Like a Tzeentch-worshiping Republic with a convoluted political system of voting that is all about intrigue and also highly religious and trapped up in ritual and rites. Mix some 28mm Roman miniature parts with the others.

Yes, so? Spireguard has a similar ranged attack (bar 2" range), +1" melee range, better Save, way better Bravery, a arguably better shield, rerollable run and charge distances, Battleshock resistance, a size bonus and a smaller footprint. They cost 120pts and are generally considered slightly overcosted.

You can almost taste the autism.

Nice.
Seeing this I just wish GW will not forget about Galrauch. He could use a new plastic incarnation as well as a couple more Wounds.

That is gorgeous. It's a shame his new profile is boring as sin and way overcosted.

Also very neat. The Changeling has long been my favorite choice for annoying the shit out of my opponents.

People that enjoy their hobby are autistic?
Why are you here?

Lord of change Staff + rod 300
Gaunt summoner 120
Changeling 140
Ogroid thaumaturge 160
20x tzaangors (probably 2x handweapons with as many of those greatblades as possible) 360
20x tzaangors (probably 2x handweapons with as many of those greatblades as possible) 360
10x acolytes 140
3x Tzaangor enlightened on disc 180
3x Tzaangor enlightened on disc 180
total 1940
just looking at these warscrolls i was wondering if something like this would work, probably character heavy.

He's dead, Jim.

Not sure how to use those guys, to be honest. Any serious attack will send them reeling and as nice as their melee is, they need to survive first.

I hate Khorne with all my soul, but even I can't stand a Chaos Brother betraying his patron God.

Even if that God is Khorne.

I can see this model being converted and finding his way into alot of different armies

>way overcosted.
I wouldn't worry too much about points costs right now. GHB 2.0 is coming and I'm sure they got a lot of feedback already. GW is as new to the game as we are but with more time comes more experience.
I'd be completely fine with them updating rules/pts every year or so to adjust/buff/nerf stuff.

Since when can Daemons die?

Or maybe just wait to see the Battalions inside.

Well, whilst reading The Eldritch Fortress part of Warstorm, the father of the stardrakes did mention something about how one of his sons fell to Tzeentch's whispers. Maybe he will turn up at some point.

Yeah you're probably right.

But gotta get those tzaangors in there

...I really do not understand this statement at all, in this context.

To be fair, I've always been a Tzeentch person. Khorne is the second favorite, but Tzeentch wasn't good at the time, and certain things got in the way of me starting the Khorne army when I was going to.

They always could, it was just very, very difficult.

How am I supposed to recognise the head that sees the future with the one that sees the past without the cloth now?

Does anyone have this image without the text?

Tzeentch armies will probably always be character-heavy; it's in their very nature, so that's fine.
I am unconvinced by the Enlightened. They are a huge gamble. If the opponent activates in their vicinity, so you'd get Guided by the Past, chances are they will be stomped into the dirt in a hurry. And if the enemy doesn't, their melee is kinda lacking.
I'd probably ditch at least one squad in favor of adding another ten guys to the Acolythes and using the last 100 pts for some shenanigans.

I feel they could work with the archers. If they both charge a unit either way the opponent is screwed.

Thank you!

Yeah that sounds good, i'll probably wait to see what kind of batalion formation i could fit in there for some extra effects.

>Khorne is the second favorite, but Tzeentch wasn't good at the time
That's not how it works.

You choose you Patron, and you stick with it forever, in the good and in the bad weather.

It won't be shitty rules to stop me from making the army I want.

yes.

I scheme. It is my nature.

>just finished my khorne
>plan to worship all four instead

Spending more than 800 points on battleline units looks like the worst idea ever.

This is acceptable.

Praise the Dark Gods!

beside the tallyband of nurgle, kunnin ruk and deadwatch, most of the time taking a bataillon = loosing

Really? I must admit i'm not the most knowledgable about AoS but don't you need quite a few battle line units in general?

>Praise the Dark Gods!
Praise "all" the Dark Gods indeed.

>Really like pile/livid color schemes on neat Nurgle models
>No battletome or codex for Papa and his children
I-It's so hard to stay with only one, user _____ ;_; __

I would happily field 800pts of Blood Warriors.

They are pretty good battleline units though.

>beside the tallyband of nurgle, kunnin ruk and deadwatch
What about ironfist?

it depends. in some armies like Freeguild, the buffs are really strong and you can tend to take more battleline, it can be also the case in armies where battleline that grow in numbers win GREAT advantages (look up the handgunner and freeguild guard to see what i mean)

Battleline are crucial for some scenario, ut 860 points is a little much, especially sonce you could fit some summoning easily in a tzeentch army.
I may be wrong because the book isnt out yet that why i said "looks like" but looking at the list I would add something like a burning chariot or something.

You are talking to a Slaaneshi.

My God could be killed anytime or simply left as it is and forgotten.

I don't care, it won't stop me.
I love Slaanesh and I love my army.

>I forgot the bataillon for the army I play
I guess I am not rfficient before 7am

Sylvaneth have pretty good battalions. Gnarlwood, Dreadwood, Free Spirits and the one with the order unit are all good.

Yeah that makes sense. I'll probably wait 'til the rulebook is out before i decide on any actual armylist, was mainly just throwing about the models i liked the look of and trying to put them in the same army.

He is already the top dog in most tournament. if anything a battletome will weaken them

This is the most autistic post I have read today on Veeky Forums.

>He is already the top dog in most tournament
But I'm casual player running a budget Skaven army - I care more about fluff and lore than tournament competitiveness

not him but even of they are "pretty good" ive never seen them used, because most sylvaneth armies end up with gladeguards and hurricanum anyway

How are the two things correlated?

try taking a bataillon in a 2k list woth with 640 to 960 points of hurricanum and 360 points of glade guard...
Thats what sylvaneth player field here

As an Ironjaws player I assure you bringing a lot of battle-line isn't bad.

It can end up in a good fluff piece honestly