MY PLAYERS ARE SIDING WITH THE FUCKING DICTATOR ASSHAT BBEG BECAUSE HE SPOUTS DUMB PATRIOTIC RHETORIC HOW THE FUCK DO I...

MY PLAYERS ARE SIDING WITH THE FUCKING DICTATOR ASSHAT BBEG BECAUSE HE SPOUTS DUMB PATRIOTIC RHETORIC HOW THE FUCK DO I MAKE THEM STOP?

They fucking sold out the cute rebel girl who was their contact. I don't know what to do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Zzs-OvfG8tE?t=9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

make the BBEG betray them or something lmao

Make it obvious that this asshole is Evil, maybe even Saturday morning cartoon levels of Evil, and that the only reason he's in the position he is in is because he's charismatic as fuck.

You can also throw out an option of a rescue mission for the rebel girl, try to have them play it off of getting into the Dictator's inner circle to make it easier to kill him?

Then again, I don't know how smart your characters are.

Just demonstrate that he's a hypocritical asshole. Show that he can't or won't deliver what he promises and is only interested in advancing his own power.

I dunno, have him kill a bunch of people in horrible ways for no reason. Like he's just paranoid about them when they're obviously loyal or whatever.

This shit is easy.

What kind of asshat dictator things is the BBEG doing to other (preferably innocent) people? Show them that, maybe.

Let them have it.

Then show them how it turns to shit. How the dictator betrays the ideals the was parroting. What destruction their patriotism has wrought, when it erupts a war.

I'm not saying you have to make them regret the decision. But it should absolutely lead to more conflict.

Let it happen.

> definitely not about Trump

>"BBEG"

Know how I know your campaign was shit from the start?

Tell them to keep real life politics out of the game.

Sorry, did you need a trigger warning?

Sounds like everything is going right. Long live El Presidente!

Man that sounds like a pretty great subversion of the standard plot. "Oh the lord is evil and opressive, please help us overthrow him in a rebellion." "He seems pretty chill, and rebellions often just replace one dictator with another plus a lot of bloodshed so..." "But I'm cute..." "sorry, get in the heleocopter."

Watch The Last King of Scotland.

Make something of the situation, don't panic and do anything stupid.

Liberal BTFO.

Fuck off sjw trash. Burn the party notes and leave the game.

I honestly do not see the problem.

Fuck rebel scum.

Don't railroad them. If they want to be evil let them be evil. Let the BBEG give them some morally questionable quests, and react accordingly to how they handle things like burning down an orphanage to smoke out some rebel scum.

Oh not this faggot again.

You're going to have to tell us a bit more about the situation. You know, so we can decide whether we want to side with the dictator too.

I legitimately don't know, explain it to me.

>BECAUSE HE SPOUTS DUMB PATRIOTIC RHETORIC
But user, nationalist fervor is a real thing, and one of the most effective ways to get a group of people to consent. On the surface, all of this rhetoric is incredibly effective, and the only real way to defeat it is to think critically about it, which is not going to happen in a superficial magical fantasy land.

This, this, this.

Let them help him. MEVER railroad the party into a certain side or try to punish them for it. Let them help him lead his nation into a glorious new age.

>rebels hiding in an orphanage

That's some ISIS-level shit they're doing using kids as hostages.

Accept it

They clearly don't care about your shitty waifu DMPC and strong arming them into helping will only piss them off further.

Those rebels are evil little monsters.

Play it out, give them missions for the overlord and so on, play on their emotions for having the waifu killed.
Have them destroy the rebels, then a new group of adventurers appears, and become their arch enemies.

Don't think about your ideals, think about the story. This is gonna be good.

Perhaps he isn't evil, you just disagree with his views. Don't punish your friends for having a different opinion about the world they want to live in.

Let them. Just don't do anything too stupid or else it'll seem like you're stonewalling their options intentionally. Have morally questionable thing though like collecting a traitor's family to the third generation and executing them all on the spot.

It's not going to happen in real life either, until millions of men, women, and children are bloated corpses for the crows to feast on.

Let them, see how well it works for them in the long run.

If it gets really evil to the point where you are legit freaked out and they are determined to keep it up, tell them you can't continue this game. Everyone has their limits.

have him execute your waif- cute rebel girl sorry, on national TV.

There's a difference between having a different point of view then your NPC's, and not knowing if they're good or evil.

Unless you don't know how to look at different sides of an issue, which is sort of necessary to be a good GM.

Are you serious?

Don't start with this shit.

Maybbbee the golden/balding haired Dictator is justified in his actions BROTHER!

I Think you need to let the little hulkamaniacs do their thing! Just make sure they eat their vitimins! D:

Sure it will, the problem is that we live in a tyranny by majority, and the majority of people have no incentive to know about their electoral system because of capitalism.

The second people can't eat or get toilet paper, that kind of rhetoric is much less effective.

Take advice from North Korea.
>Dictatorship
>Control of all communication
>Constant propaganda
>Fake news
>People starving
>Prison camps where family will sell each other out to torture for an extra ration of bread.
>Zero tolerance policy on crime.
>Every traitor is made an example of, so murder their entire family in front of them before locking them in solitary for 20 years. In solitary they're in a concrete pit and you slowly fill it up with water before draining it so they can sleep at night or other such tortures.

Demonstrate how he's evil. Nationalist ideals are in vogue right now, so it's not really enough. They're just a different philosophy and not really ethically wrong for the most part.

Have him do some typical bad dictator shit. Stuff like having a golden palace made while his people are starving, or getting pissy and micromanaging some part of the country badly even when a capable leader is trying to do it themselves. Hell, you could go full bore character assassination and have him cheat on his wife or something.

>Wahh you killed mah waifu

oh my god he's back this is amazing

Seriously, the surest sign that a government is about to be toppled, like 100% surest, is if there are food riots. When people's actual personal lives are threatened by the government, that's when they actually get up in arms.

If the DM is that cringy, sure. I was thinking more like "ehm, guys, I don't really feel I can continue with the dwarf concentration camps and experiments using dismembered elves for longevity grafts. That's... kinda too gross for me."

Op stop it with the US election whining
First the trump as a BBEG thread now this

Just let it die

I hope you're right, user.

Agreed

This meme is cancer, and so are you if you use it

Hail, fucking, HYDRA!

Maybe you should have presented a viable alternative instead of just repeatedly saying "he's evil" and assuming everyone would go along with it.

Sauron was the BBEG.

>burning down an orphanage to smoke out some rebel scum.
This is just regular soldiering, though.

Show not tell faggot. This is basic writing.

Roll with it, user. Free helicopter rides (or tickets to Siberia or vacations in Cuba, depending on your ideology of choice) for ALL the cute rebel girls.

Play out a patriotic campaign instead? Players can join up with the BBEG anyway, that's always a possibility.

>experiments using dismembered elves for longevity grafts.
Oh wow, this idea had never occurred to me when it should've been obvious. Thanks sempai, I'll add it to my setting.

This.

Why don't you make the dictator asshat BBEG less of an asshat BBEG and make the dumb patriotic rhetoric that he spouts less dumb and rhetorical?

I would probably just give them quests where they do evil stuff based on what the dictator is saying. Have them help him build a power base by doing North Korea sort of bullshit while he coats it in his rhetoric so they do not think about that sort of thing. It is not executing civilians; it is preventing a cult of traitors before they can launch an attack on the realm. It is not kidnapping children to be indoctrinated as warrior slaves; it is protecting the children from their treasonous parents. Give them an NPC who follows them who keeps pusher them deeper into the dictators fold; if he dies then they are seen as traitors. Keep things subtle, but plan ahead and place little moral obstacles. A parent who appears to one of the party members, begging them to not take the only thing they have left of their spouse for example. Introduce characters and try to make them appeal to the players, then make them have to act against them. If nothing works, just sit back and say "fuck it", It is a game after all.

You're here so your players have fun. Suck it up.
If it's too much of a bother for you, talk it out like with your group like a mature human being, or change players.

What's the problem OP?

"While I am heartened to hear of your support for my rule, and I applaud your initiative for seeking to pledge yourselves to my service personally, I am sorry to tell you that I don't have any openings for a small, rag-tag group such as yourselves right now. If you really want to make a difference speak to one of my recruitment officers in the lower city"

Then if the PCs go to the recruitment office they're sent to go dig ditches or build roads or some shit job

Simple. Let them do it. Let them reap the ill-gotten gains of exploiting the people. Let them purge undesirables and political enemies from the state. Give them castles, women, money, anything they desire.

Then let reality ensue. Dictators are paranoid, and the fact that the players came to his domain to overthrow him in the first place will keep eating away at his mind. Sooner or later, they'll come at him again to get the whole hog... but not if he puts them against the wall first. Just need to wait a little longer, until their backs are all turned...

So what? They've sided with the BBEG, that's the campaign's story now.

>"sorry, get in the heleocopter."
>the new hit LN "I Want My Players To Fight The Dictator But They're All Fans Of Pinochet?"

Jesus Christ still thy beating hearts, liberals. If you want to cry about Trump go to /pol/.

Don't be a dick OP, if your players want to side with the dictator, change your story so he isn't the BBEG. If running an evil campagin triggers you so much, make him less of a jackass as the campaign goes on. I'm so sorry that your players didn't want to go down your railroad.

this.
Or maybe have a coup attempt from one of the Dictators other lieutenants, preferably one who doesn't like or trust the players.
If it succeeds then the players could be on the proscription list, and boom, right back to rebellion time, only with more moral ambiguity

Can this one faggot who whines every time someone so much as mentions the term BBEG start using a trip so I can filter them.

You know the answer is to go with it
Have them wipe out the rebels then help him declare war on another country or something if the rebels are too easy to kill

I'd buy that doujin

>blaming capitalism
>>>/leftypol/

You seem...
U P S E T

Did I miss a meme? Please explain.

Ah Motti. The only Imperial willing and able to call Vader the equivalent of "Fucking Jew" to his face and survive.

This.

Don't listen to the people telling you to change your evil guy into a good guy, that's dumb. Instead have him be exactly like an actual dictator usually is - paranoid, self-interested, and absolutely not willing to follow through on any of the good things promised.

Show them things going quickly downhill when the labour camps get running and the purges start targeting anyone he feels remotely threatened by, and then show that hey, the PCs are pretty threatening.

What are the players' characters like? What would make them think this is the right way?

Modify the campaign so that the BBEG is a questgiver/party member and go from there. What's the point in having opposing sides if the players can't pick one? Also, stop being a massive fucking faggot.

He only survived because Tarkin called him off.

You, too, can own this expression of satisfaction.

>They fucking sold out the cute rebel girl who was their contact. I don't know what to do.

Be less attached to your NPC.

It's ok to like them or spend lots of time writing up stats or background for them, but as a GM you need to learn that exposing NPCs to the players means that they are very likely to die unless you go full godmode with them, which I would not recommend.

If you wanted your cute rebel to keep doing cute rebel things, you would put her in a story or background fluff. Instead you threw her to the wolves.

Make him the good guy just like Hitler and Trump are IRL.

Patriotism is legit evil though, countries are a meme.

Details.

Nice idea, though let me add to it a little; while one of the Dictator's underlings is planning his assassination give him the bright idea to do it while the players are near him- and NO ONE else is...

Such is the price for dining at a tyrant's table. A single slip, and you're the one on a plate.

I like the argument for letting the players keep their agency; if they want to side with bad guys, let them side with bad guys.

But that comic page has certainly won the award for "cringiest thing I've seen today." How fucking insecure do people need to feel about their half-assed amalgamation of shit that makes up suburbanite WASP culture that they would buy into this shit?

>oh no, other people are moving in to my massive fucking country and are trying to also live here!
>it was a utopia, the city of peace and prosperity, before those dirty immigrants came!
Get over yourself, you retards. That's a literal Nazi offering you life advice.

Honestly, the liberals are hypocrites. The success of nationalism and populism is just more evidence that governance should be taken out of the hands of the common man. It's never gonna end well. Regardless of what end of the political spectrum you fall on.

I wish he'd been nominated for something. Secretary of Wrestling, maybe.

>he majority of people have no incentive to know about their electoral system because of capitalism
It's not the fault of capitalism, it's the fault of the media and people's willingness to believe everything that CNN shovels them. Is capitalism a major part? Perhaps, but you don't just cut someone's whole arm off if their pinkie finger is infected.

>But that comic page has certainly won the award for "cringiest thing I've seen today."

Your post is certainly giving it a run for its money.
>let me call you names
>let me call the guy offering you sympathy some more names
>let me act shocked that you're siding with that guy over me

Ugh can you just like... not. I seriously can't even right now.

You can try to simplify it all you want but that's a lot of people accepting advice and bare-faced rhetoric from an actual bare-faced Nazi.

Or instead of a disgusting commie wretch from the gutters of society, replace that slag with a fashy QT

This so much. Just change a few names around and reverse the scenarios you already had planned. Your players will love you for it and it'll be easier than trying to convince them what they want to do is wrong

Red-pilled waifus are the absolute best TBQH famalam

>details
>on one of the most iconic scenes in cinema

I... are you serious?

It's literally the Vader choke scene.

youtu.be/Zzs-OvfG8tE?t=9s

Motti is the Admiral that shit talks the force and tells Vader he's a fucking religious kook. Vader twists his fingers at him and chokes him from across the room.

I'll give it a 3/10: pretty unconvincing, but the entire site is full of /pol/acks on a hair trigger and it only takes one serious reply to potentially derail a thread. The premise of the thread itself is kinda close already, though, so you lose points for low-hanging fruit.

Yes, because Fascist Germany and Italy were paragons of efficient government. And let's not even get started on Chinese authoritarian governments...

There's a reason why the Allies won, user. Even if the Yanks had stood on the sidelines watching, the whole mess would've imploded from within.

>It's never gonna end well. Regardless of what end of the political spectrum you fall on.

Except that Republican Rome thrived with populist nationalism, up until the patrician class distanced itself from the plebians to an untenable level. And something similar happened again at the end of the Western Roman Empire as well.

It works as long as every single ruler/rulers over the generations keep sticking to the plan.

Have the players actually seen him do anything evil?
If not, then why shouldn't they side with him?

Have the rebels done anything good?
If not, then why should they stay?

Are you displaying the quite obvious attachment you have to the rebel girl in game?
If so, players might find her obnoxious enough to backstab out of sheer aggravation.

Look at South Korea and Singapore, those are both examples of Dictatorships going right.

So? Running an evil campaign is still a valid option.