When your group screws up so reliably the dm uses their messes for another group he runs that play in the same setting

>when your group screws up so reliably the dm uses their messes for another group he runs that play in the same setting

....I have done this as a GM.

Please tell that the name 'Varnoth' means nothing to you.

No. Then again, maybe that's just my bad memory.
Blowing up an elven palace to help a dragon grab power?

No, this campaign setting doesn't have elves as a race.

Varnoth is a dragon, amusingly enough.

We played a Dark heresy party that fell to Chaos mostly because of me (I was a psyker). So we left the planet were we just freed a daemonhost and smuggled ourself in a ship we quickly manage to take control because we had a diplomancer Adept.

The same GM ran another Dark Heresy game with Serious business people who clean up the messes left by my group. We only learned that 3 or 4 months, and about 10 sessions in. I proceeded to begin leaving behind actual physical traps. I learned latter I killed their guardsman like that.

Pretty fun times.

Do tell. I want to hear about some of this party's fuckups.

I've considered doing so.

My players were single-handed responsible, in the last game, for the assassination of the son of a planetary noble, resulting in a horrible crackdown on the workers of the planet, causing many to abandon the Imperial Creed in despair at the even more horrific brutality they were treated with from the only group on the planet who actually at one point cared about them.

Then, they were single-handed responsible for shattering the Diamondite glass wall protecting the lynchpin of a submerged Hive, allowing horrible aquatic mutants to enter, and slaughter every man, woman and child within. An event they also perished in, crushed under megalitres of extremely high pressure water.

>When your group literally burns down an orphanage in a crackbrained scheme to break in that wasn't even necessary in the first place.

>I proceeded to begin leaving behind actual physical traps. I learned latter I killed their guardsman like that.
I just imagine you going about your day and getting punched by some random guy and having no idea why until you found out from the GM later that he was part of that other group.

We had the opposite problem for awhile.

One guy that wanted to DM made everything fail and blow up regardless of plans or rolls and then looked around like it was everyone else's fault.

Which is odd since he is completely normal as a player.

I had a Gm who used us to beta-test his encounters for another group.

Turns out, if the BBEG can handle a murderhobo-ing ogre, he can probably handle a babby werewolf.

This is literally my new MO.

In my group, I'm the guy that runs oneshots during the off weeks using a rules-lite system. Everything that happens in one adventure could bleed into another one.

Sounds a bit like my group, DM had to completely rebuild his story because the allegedly good guy party went off the rails within three sessions that they would have forced half of their number into leaving.

I wonder if you could take the beta test even further and have something like a psyche profile/group litmus test adventure to see what the general makeup of a potential group is.

Just make a basic dungeon crawl with a few catch points to see where things go from there.

>goal is to recuse a princess, which tests for trope tolerance and if they get uppity over helpless women.
>a chance to use diplomacy to make a future combat easier to test if the players are willing to negotiate and/or their negotiation style
>a non-evil member of a typically evil race to test for the opposite of the first.
>a puzzle or two to test how they handle non-bruteforce solutions
>a shopkeeper in the dungeon to see if they stay civil or just murder/rob him
>dungeon boss is a bad guy but has a potentially reasonable argument to see what they do
>princess is cute/sexy to see how much spaghetti the party spills and if they try to fuck her

What about Ark?

Beg pardon?

>Group 1 decides collectively that they hate the current turn the campaign has taken, we talk it out and decide to turn again and go be pirates.
>They leave salted scorched cursed earth levels of disaster where they were upset as a venting method.

I had a fine time figuring out how to both make things less boring, morbid and dark while still having consequences for their actions. They kinda facilitated the immediate securing of power in the area for the intended BBEG of the first plan, who then later contested their control and expansion to the high seas as part of his efforts to invade northward. Since they stalled him in the ocean, it was that same conflict on a land-based strategic strike force and subterfuge/espionage combo that they faced in another game we'd planned out to be an epic-level campaign, and a crucial bit of information was retrieved by group 2 as part of an adventuring assignment they took because "Hey we've never killed zombies before" that they had to dodge traitors, spies and assassins for weeks both traveling and in the capital city to arrive with a list of the traitors for the epic level group to ferret out, including one of the highest governing seats.

Group two later re-started and rebooted the world-machine on which they live, setting the stage for the over-arching plot of the epic level campaign to finish putting it back into one piece before it's respective, catastrophically powerful eldritch horror parts could tear the whole thing apart.

And at one point I had a small, short-lived campaign that was pretty generic fantasy until the walls of reality came tumbling down around the players and it was revealed to have been an attempted Microcosm power used to manipulate their epic-tier characters.

They were not happy with that last one but forgave me when I said we were switching back to high gear.

My gaming group basically has one world for each system and we all kinda write our stories in.

This has resulted in;
Aberrant;
>PC party literally disintegrated the British isles because he was cock blocked or something (i honestly have heard 5 different versions of this story, all include him not getting laid).
>This leads to a crack down on novas pretty much everywhere
>My groups game was pretty chill, we are trainee super heroes who are effectively good guys, aside from the Hemokenetic
>My group is gang pressed to work for the directive because of the catastrophe (that we didn't know was cause by the other group till much later) and start loosing our sense of heroism
>After a few months of playing we have a BIG session with both groups present
>Hilarity ensued, 5 year old PC's were murdered, and a new god was crowned, and a new big bad was made

To be fair, my group did invade Venezuela a few times, making the lives of the other party a living hell. Like a literal hell, with zombies.

Pathfinder;

>My parties failure to defeat a pretty powerful dragon resulted in my wizard becoming a lich.
>found this out when said lich and his resurrected companions (if fact all failed characters from different party and games) rolled up on our fort and started causing shit.
>became the main focus for next 2 or so years, with each dead PC adding to the lich's power

Home-brew Sky-pirates;
>Wizard summons living god thing so that we can hitch a ride to the nearest port
>THIS IS A BAD IDEA
>loses control mid flight, we end up stranded on a deserted island peak, but not after my sapient bear (Bearington) loses his sword in it's eye
>Godbeast fucks off into the horizon
>other group play-testing the system encounter it
>This is a group of Murder-Hobo's
>this ends well
>after a grueling fight and 2 player deaths a different, but still impressive, bear manages to drive Bearington's sword into the brain.
>eventually the two parties duke it out and bearington is reunited with his sword.

L5R :

>be me
>play a pyromaniac Isawa who was banned from clan for her... problem
>gets hired by the Kuni because she's hella religious
>during the campaign, gets across a village infested by zombies
>burns the fucking village down to purge the place
>group realizes that the man we had been searching for the last four sessions was hiding in one of the houses
>man was going to be the next Emperor
>Holy shit

this is my modus operandi. One player is playing in both groups.

He is entertained a lot by the whole thing.

Well, our group did become a legend for the other group. And my retired character met with the other group.

Although to be fair is hard to miss a bunch of random pirates that managed to kill a god, liberate the slaved island and now are painting the streets of the cursed capital city with wards against the undead, with the help of the teenagers street gangs.