/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

Let's talk about how Orks should be buffed edition

>THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER. DONT FUCKING ASK FOR IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Clowns r scury, stey awey)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/The-Army-Painter-Hobby-Set/dp/B015ZS701I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1484453119&sr=8-2&keywords=army painter hobby set
belloflostsouls.net/2012/11/40k-cruddace-speaks.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

age of emperor when ?

First for Fulgrim

first for black templars work with psykers, xenos and number only 1000 battle brothers

Are Super-Heavy tanks really that poor compared to their Gargantuan Creature and Super-Heavy Walker counterparts?

I wanted to take another look at what they have to offer before writing them off prematurely.

Also, how are the Space Marine Super-Heavy tanks?

Nth for Black Templars don't follow the codex (source Codex: Space Marines 7th edition).

stop buying GW hobby tools reeeeeeee

#
Blood and Fire has Grimaldus stating they don't have a complete copy of the codex and after 10k years it's likely no one does.

>Let's talk about how Orks should be buffed edition

Why not let's talk about how all shitty armies should be buffed.
>Blood Angels
>Grey Knights
>Tyranids
>Harlequins
>Orks
>Dark Eldar
>CSM

tanks can't stomp

1d4 chan please

no they're not (source pic related)

So, Hoplite user from earlier. Found a pretty neat deal through China for some spears. Only thing is, I don't think I can magnetize these guys, can I? I'd have to do their heads, both arms, and their backpacks.

That being said, I doubt I'll want to. If anything, I'll keep them because they look badass.

I don't think I'll actually end up running Peltasts, though. Maybe if I was in a Tourney and against a bunch of other tryhard neckbeards? Even then, I still kinda feel bad. I think it's mostly that FW forgot that Rangers all have Relentless, so they can fire everything on the go. And then there's the bizarre parabolic shot. How does 20 small blast templates, even at S3, make a lick of sense in fairness?

It is completely AdMech though.

Yes nigger they're shit stop fucking asking. There's a reason Eldar will ally in Riptide wing but nobody bothers to ally in IG or SM tanks.

Does anybody have that pic of Magnus with a LoC head that somebody was working on? It looked fucking choice and I wanna do it too.

>"But user Tyranids are in a good place right now"

Nobody cares fuck off

>Using a 2014 book to contradict the 2015 codex
Maximum keks.

Their 7th ed codex is more recent and contradicts it, therefore that particular bit of fluff is retconned.

Should I put klaws or big choppas on nobz? They both look cool. of course the box comes only one kombiskorcha

>my lower colon

amazon.co.uk/The-Army-Painter-Hobby-Set/dp/B015ZS701I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1484453119&sr=8-2&keywords=army painter hobby set what the fuck is with this price

amazon is the worst online store in the world, use anything else

Klaws look cooler AND are the better option

Stay away from Amazon, user. They usually run things at very close to retail.

I get this a lot at my LGS

user, if the tourney is against neckbeard tryharda, there are bound to be plenty of Eldar and Marine players. Unless you can field a WarConvo (which you should if the point limit is high enough) literally everything is fsir game. Sure, you might feel bad about stomping the occasional ork or nids player but those will be colateral damage.

wow the box actually comes with 5 klaws

I want at least one with the over the shoulder choppa though. He can take challenges or something I guess.

>new codex doesn't contradict 1000 battle brothers at all

yeah, you sure showed me, I'm so sorry you're butt blasted over the fact that your mary-sue black marines don't number more than 1000 (and actually are much less than that now given how many died in fall of cadia)

I've heard that argument too but when you get down to it it's a matter of spending more upfront for stuff or more in smaller chunks over a period of time.

We usually are the former to their latter.

the over the shoulder big choppa always looks cool as shit. Oldfag Orkfag says do it and don't look back

On a note of cruddace. he apperantly revealed that they do have in house play testing and occasionally call in well known pros to help. this was in 2012 mind you

>spending more up front

yeah it's not like they spend $200+ on boxes four times a year

Sorry for being a stickler for factual accuracy over an army I don't even play?

Seriously, I don't even play Marines and had to call bullshit on your retardation.

>Haha, my statement, that had no official confirmation in the first place and everything related to the topic contradicts it, wasn't denied yet! It must be true! Get fucked!

Sure showed us, pal.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I'm working towards a Convocation anyway, like every AdMech player. It just means collecting the army like normal, and getting rewarded for it with broken ass rules. I wonder how many Peltasts I can fit in a Convocation list while also maintaining points cost. Let me see...

I can't wait.

Not sure if Peltasts can even be run in a Convo. Need to use a Battle Maniple for the Skitarii part, not a Skitarii Maniple.

True, that had gotten worse over the years. I just justify my purchases to myself by how much they cost divided by the number of hours I use them. Pennies an hour for enjoyment is a good deal in my opinion.

All hail Trazyn, uncontested Pokémaster of the 41st Millennium

it's settled

I will post pics of my freebooter orks once they are built.

Debating also to attach them to the base or not before or after painting. and don't worry I have some 32mm bases for them

None - you have to use a Battle Maniple.

Trollzyn.

My brother has been a fan of the 40k universe and stuff like Dawn of War for years and always had a huge boner for Necrons. I kept telling him to just get himself a small set of them as decoration if nothing else, but he didn't want to "spend so much money on it and also have to paint it with no experience" (I even offered him to paint them in his stead). Now I've convinced 2 of his best friends to also start the game.

Meanwhile, he bought himself a new PC for 2 grand 2 years ago and an HTC Vive that he uses once every few months last year.

So what's the follows thing YOUR DUDES have done lately Veeky Forums?

Try again, I'm not sure what you're trying to ask.

Best Necron.

Yup, just double checked the math. No dice. Maybe if I took minimum squad size for the dunecrawlers and whatnot or took a shittier knight, but that's hardly worth it. Ah well.

What have MY DUDES done lately?
My Draigo got turned into a Herald of Tzeentch. That's what my dudes did. Failed the 3d6 warpstorm LD check.

Best xeno period

Burning the midnight oil, working on my first Vostroyan.

>not official

ITT: GW ISN'T THE OFFICIAL SOURCE OF 40K CANON

What cool shit has your army done in game, to?

It's really not a point issue, it's a "literally not allowed as part of War Convocation" issue, since all your Skitarii units are the ones allowed in a Battle Maniple, which is one of every Codex unit.

draigo isn't YOUR DUDE though, he's games workshop's dude

Nearly tabled some Corsairs, while losing almost nothing.

My Emperor's Champion was killed in a duel with Pask after my Templars broke his tank.

sapped my will to live

>a
ty maties

oldfag again. I've always had the best results with before, it helps to bond more strongly to the base, it makes it easier to paint quickly (stuck on a cork with putty) and the splashing on the base get's covered up when it's done.

The only ones i do off the base are the HQ's because i like doing cool bases for them (rubble , guardsmen, etc)

New player, back from my first couple of non-deathwatch games playing 750 point Orks at my FLGS.

Won a very close game against Slamanders by keeping my boys in their face long enough to get some use out of my killa kans, but my match against the Tau saw me pretty thoroughly trounced.

Orks have a much better job keeping up with other codexes at lower point costs, from what I've seen and played, but the Tau are definitely an exception to that if I've been having the typical experience of playing against them. I don't think I've ever seen 20 boys go off the field as quick as when those twin-linked flying disc things opened up on me. It was a slaughter, but I still had fun.

I'm not sure what I can do to retaliate next round, but more boys in trukks and less boys blobs foot slogging seems like it might be the solution. Either way, I'll keep listbuilding and hope I fare a bit better next week!

They've taken too damn long to come in the mail, leaving me restless and itching to start actually DOING SOMETHING WITH THIS HOBBY DAMNIT.

Would it be bizarre to do progress reports in the general?

Oh I know, I was seeing if I could run a separate skeleton Skitarii Maniple and fit them, but even then it's not worth it.

It's safe to say that codices overrule other media, especially if they're more recent.

Stop trying to bait Templars players.

nothing is overruling 1000 templars

I had 2 venoms loaded with kabalite warriors drop a Dreadknight.

>Orks have a much better job keeping up with other codexes at lower point costs

They can also do better in extremely large points levels.

Don't buy the codex or the rulebook friendo. Just download them. Unless you really prefer physical books for some reason. Also ArmyPainter makes a set that includes all of that together. Look for that.

>Blood Angels
SM formations and a black rage rule that makes them Fearless and give them FNP when under stress.
>Grey Knights
Give them an additional attack and drastically lower the cost of their bad units.
>Tyranids
Halve cost or give insane formations that give you infinite Gaunts and Scout for everything.
>Harlequins
4+ Invul save. It makes no sense that Harlequins can exist for a long period of time given that every one of their battles is a suicide mission.
>Orks
Slightly lower cost and better mob rule.
>Dark Eldar
Venoms grant invul saves to everyone within 6", Raiders and Ravagers grant Cover Saves to everyone within 6".
>CSM
Slightly stronger formations. Daemon infused weapons to compete with grav.

I'm impressed your autism went far enough to do that in order to tell me that it's a sub-division.

Saying things from a different branch with different writing staff and sometimes in themselves contradictory books counts as official lore confirmation would be like saying that Forgeworld models count as actual official Games Workshop models and are made by them.
Just because Forge World makes a Manta for Tau and Titans for Marines doesn't make all of those units legal in Games Workshop tournements and still needs to be clarified if they are allowed or not.

Warp dust is a hell of a drug.

What were you playing?

Pask got mad that you broke his toys, eh?

Been there, doing that. Been trying to find a new army project myself.

... OK? You're still just trying to bait people who play a certain faction. You're motives seem to simply be the will to be an irritating cunt.

>novels that are based on information found from the source material is more valid than the source material

>make all of those units legal in Games Workshop tournements and still needs to be clarified if they are allowed or not.

the only tournaments which GW runs (the only games workshop tournaments) are run at warhammer world and allow all forgeworld

It was my Space Marines. It didnt help that he had a lot of his dudes fail Difficult Terrain tests and die.

I've done it both ways before, and both seem to have their advantages. Hard to say which I actually prefer really.

I struggle reading off a screen for long tracks of time, so physical is easier. and I think it's about £10 dearer, but I suppose thats worth it to get it all at once?

>
>Pask got mad that you broke his toys, eh?

Apparently so. His vengeance was short lived, however, as my Chaplain killed him next turn.

Yeah, Space Pirate Elves need to be mobile and not dead after all.

You could just download the epubs up in the mega for free, user.

And it gives plastic glue AND superglue, and basing glue. But yeah, otherwise it's the same stuff just all in one box.

The wrath of mortal man is nothing compared to that of an Astartes.

>he apperantly revealed that they do have in house play testing and occasionally call in well known pros to help

>one single employee releasing a rumour that a games company actually play tests their games
>same employee believes math is opinion and singlehandedly killed the company's stock but still has a job
>same employee therefore proves his work is good because obviously, the play testers would have said something if it wasn't!

Nice try, Crud.

Next you'll tell me GW has editors and proofreaders, or that codex creep doesn't exist.

>"heh kid" the post

>this person wrote two books
>but only one of them is canon

As people said before, skip the rulebooks. Just download them online. If you end up really liking the hobby (I'm assuming you're new) then you can consider owning them.

Are you getting 20% off retail there? I don't know the Euro prices on those things.

Did trollzyn trick the imperium into blowing up cadia on purpose?

>tfw friend was foolish enough to let his Cawl accept my Emperor's Champion's challenge in test game
>tfw land 3 6s

I came a little.

Not him, but is there a reason why half the pdfs in the OP links are pure shit? It's like someone transcribed each codex into notepad, stripped all the pictures, formatting, and page numbers, and hoped it would be acceptable.

Are you telling me this is what GW is unironically selling, or did something just go horribly wrong?

Indeed.

Lost. Badly.
Ork army. Oh, did you mean my tyranid army?
Nothing, because they're banished to the shelf.

He was trying to be a hero for once....So likely not.

Ooooohhhhh damn son.

Nah, he needs Cadia to stick unless he wants Abaddon to be the new Emperor and fuck over Chaos.

What the fuck do you think epubs look like?

open the epubs in readium, for chrome

Abaddon destroyed Cadia not the pylons.

That was the first time in a long while that I wasn't terribly disappointed by my non-formation Black Templars.

This Castellans detachment is really feeling good so far.
Is there a single reason why the Champion isn't allowed in the Wrathful Crusade? I get that it's a generic Marshal but every crusade has an Emperor's Champion as well.

Wasn't he just there to kidnap people?

A lone guardsman survived to hold an objective against Chaos Termies for 2 turns.

He got promoted to Sergeant and got a name. Sergeant Willem Hove.

Just going to cite my source for where i found this.
belloflostsouls.net/2012/11/40k-cruddace-speaks.html

CSM aren't shitty right now senpai