/swg/ - Vroom Vroom Edition

Previous thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/0eZL0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Best girl reporting in

I really wanna play Force and Destiny ideally in the aftermath of thr Jedi Civil War, but the OT works too I guess.

Any X-wing Wave XI rumors?

Always hoping for the republic laat gunship

Force Powers and Ahsoka in an A-Wing

I cannot in good conscience argue with you, so I won't.

Yeah, well, that guy's rumors are full of shit. Ahsoka in an A would even be in a new "Wave", it'd have to be bundled into an Epic or Aces pack.

Scum aces/Least wanted

Not necessarily, isn't there a different model of the A-wing in Rebels that they could issue as a "new" ship?

I'd really like to see a Nebulon B in X-wing. Even if they had to scale it to 1/400

There's always hope for Tau Squadron

No. The Rebels A-Wing is the same model number, and already uses the McQuarrie paint-scheme which is in Rebel Aces. In a single episode the Trainer A-Wing shows up, but that's literally just the B-Wing/E2: a mod/title which adds a crew slot - it'd be functionally the same as the regular A-Wing statline.

So, Epic or Aces pack. Either way, that's not technically Wave XI. And given A-Wing was already released and FFG has not yet jumped to a third release of a ship - I say it's unlikely. Much more likely to get an A-Wing Mk II when VIII drops since clearly there's an A in some production photos.

That said, if FFG did want to triple up on a ship - throw an A in with a Hammerhead for Epic, give it Ezra, Sabine and Hera as pilots and let it take crew, you could do some goofy things. Ahsoka's ability is more supportive though, it lends itself to the Rebel TIE.

That said FFG please triple release Xs and Ys before As, A-Wings still do their job fine.

Thoughts on lightsaber colors outside of blue, green, and red?

Love 'em

Yellow god-tier saber color

I don't see any reason to limit them with darksabers canon.

Yellow is absolutely patrician taste.

Violet is a solid color of taste.

Orange blade, black grip is my shit

My niggas.

So I just bought the X-Wing TFA starter set, wat do? Just start buying up expansion packs of the fighters I like? Looking at the Rebel and Imperial aces sets.

read the rules, nerd

Darksaber is pretty explicitly unique. Anything chromatic should be fine, though.

I did that, I'm wondering where to go forward.

start building lists and buying the expansions you need to fill them out

Pretty much yeah, get what you like the look of or find on sale and be prepared to lose a shitload in really demoralizing ways if you play against people who know what they're doing.

Read the 1d4chan page

My rule has always been "the colors from Jedi Academy are kosher, everything else ranges from iffy at best to no just no".

Muh bruthuh. I love orange/amber sabers.

What color isn't in academy? Silver? Other than that all I can think of is those stupid black/dark as base sabers which if those are what we're calling snowflakey I agree with you

Blue, Green, Yellow, Red, Orange and Purple are in that game. There's no white, silver, black, cyan, teal, maroon, peach, brown, pink or gray colors.

>Make Grand Admiral
>Like art
>Detail 5000 crew to go EVA and paint your ship
>They paint cheesy chinese dragons on it

It's a Chimera, my man.

Could have been done a bit better.

Graphics have picked up in season 3 a lot more, guessing they might have squeezed a bit more cash out of the tightarse mouse for it.

>Thrawn's defining character trait is his Master's Degree in Art
>decorates his flagship like a Bud-K Chinese knife

>Painted the underside so it will be a nice surprise for the Grand Admiral

>One week later, an entirely new crew is required
>Entirely new

Yeah, it's WAY clearer in the concept art.

All I could think of was those nasty vinyls that kids stick on their Hondas and ruin their paint
>+5000 gigawatts now!

Just checked it out, yeah its actually visible, but still kind of naff
Maybe he's going through a kitsch phase or something

Let me seeee that Thrawwwwwwwwnn....

Is this viable in the meta?

I've mostly been buying Empire ships until now, but I want to beef up my rebels to a playable state.

I have the original core set, TFA core set, a T-70, and the Millennium Falcon, but that is it as far as rebel ships go.

What should I buy to get a rebel list that could handle my palp aces?

Buy 3 K-Wings and a Ghost so you can put Sabine in a K-Wing so you can bomb while you bomb.

Who the fuck are either of those women and why should anyone care

Plo Koon was based. May he rest in piece

Yellow and yellow with a slight orange hue are my fetish

Generally yes, aside from shit like black and pink and shit like that

What's wrong with pink? It's a perfectly natural color.

Why are phoneposters always such utter faggots?

>butthurt
Sorry that I have to work for living. I know living in my childhood room for the first 40 years of my life would have made me a more authentic 4channerian.

I've never once seen a pink lightsaber that's anything but offensively neon pink.
If somebody showed up with one that colour, yeah sure that'd be fine, but nobody ever does

>Halal
silver
cyan
teal
(latter two are just variants on the usual blue or green anyway anyway)

> occasional acceptable if seen sparingly
white
gray

>Absolutely Haram, no exceptions
black
peach
pink
brown
maroon

Does anyone have a folder or site for generic Star Wars character reference photos?

If not, do any anons want to dump what they have? It'd make a nice change (or addition) to the bickering.

I can post what I have, but it's not a ton.

So in the new Sentinel source book, it lists lightsaber components being common enough to buy almost anywhere, and costs fuck all to purchase them.

So I had a player purchase 20 lightsabers, effectively, and he just rolled one per day of campaign time until he got a fucking stupidly awesome result.

He argued that he didn't have to complete the shitty rolled ones as he could see in character they were a waste of time, so he just binned them.

He now has a lightsaber that is absurdly good, with a Krayt Dragon Pearl (of course).

What do I do now? He uses Ataru and can end boss fights in one round. The saber generates so many advantages and automatic successes I don't know what to do.

Tread on him with a walker

Why the fuck did you let him pull a retarded scheme like that?

Additionally, here's a link of all the SW cutaway diagrams, with a link to download them all at the bottom.

imgur.com/a/0eZL0

So he's been stomping around buying lightsaber parts from everyone who will sell them? Throw some Inquisitors at him. If that doesn't work, start planetary bombardment.

The components themselves are cheap, but the crystals are still hella expensive. If he was re-using the Krayt Dragon Pearl on each of the shitsabers, that's a super dick move. My first thought is to make him roll a Mechanics check with a goodly amount of difficulty to rip the Pearl out of the unfinished saber, but sadly that's water under the bridge. Have you tried talking to him like an adult?

>He argued that he didn't have to complete the shitty rolled ones as he could see in character they were a waste of time, so he just binned them.
Bull fucking horse shit. He should have twenty lightsabers and not know which of them is best without extensive testing (which is quite likely to attract attention)

So he can win fights. Big deal.

Unless your game is about killing things only, he's only found one way to solve /one/ problem. You're stuck with it now (you numpty), but it's not the end of the world.

Can he solve problems? Fly a ship? Deal with a diplomatic situation? Evade a collapsing building or dodge a flamethrower or make a really good cup of blue milk?

Plus, depending on how he binned the lightsabers and the setting, someone might start to ask inconvenient questions.

How the fuck has he not attracted attention doing this? Throw a high powered Inquisitor at him, if he wrecks his way through that, keep upping the ante.

He will just use Force Move and throw it away.

It's not against the rules.

He brought them all from one person. They had the parts, so he forked over the credits.

He didn't put the KDP in until he got a saber he was happy with. And yes, I did. When he said about the not bothering to finish the ones with Despairs (as he kept doing mechanics so I said the difficulty got increased as he didn't even bother to try and finish working out what part was what) he just chucked them in the airlock and ejected them into space.

He has three now. A single bladed and two double bladed, all of which have like 7 hardpoints and absurd other shit.

No, he's also the face. He has 5 Agility, 2 Brawn, 3 Willpower, 3 Intelligence, 2 Cunning and 4 Presence. So he's actually pretty well rounded in terms of stats. His skills are shit apart from Charm, Coercion, Discipline, Mechanics, Lightsaber and by extension of his high Agility, does well with ranged weapons.

Because they went to a piece of shit backwater junk shop on Nar Shaddaa, and he asked about the components with a prepared story for what he needed, passed all the checks and walked out with 20 power cores, 20 pieces of generic metal and 20 pieces of fucking space glass for the emitter.

>If fighting is sure to result in victory then you must fight!

Sun Tzu said that, and he was right. In this case though, fighting is exactly what Lightsaber Lad wants. He /loves/ to fight. His entire character is build around winning lightsaber duels. If an Inquisitor shows up and goes "duel me!" the Inquisitor is going to get wrecked. You can either build an NPC so ridiculously overpowered that it's not really feasible to fight, or you lose.

Or... don't fight on Lightsaber Lad's terms.

Guns make you stupid. Better to fight your wars with duct tape. Duct tape makes you smart.

Someone who's out to kill this PC knows that they are very, very, very good with a lightsaber. So don't fight with a lightsaber.

Hit them with grenades, missiles, or chemical fogs. Hit them with multiple attack vectors. Trap and isolate them. Manipulate their judgement.

Threaten their friends, their allies, their plans. Find their weakness and exploit them. Bait them into traps by /letting/ them get into lightsaber fights, then revealing that their arrogance and skill has only served to trap them.

The greatest swordsman alive cannot live on skill alone.

Force the character to be interesting - to adapt, to seek allies, to trust in something other than a blade - and you'll get a better game out of it.

Do not punish Lightsaber Lad. You let him solve a problem. Don't even take away his new toy. Just start having his opponents use their brains for once. Make him earn that final duel.

At this point? Inquisitor. Perhaps someone noticed him purchasing job lots of seemingly unrelated items, reported it, and then someone joined the dots up.

This Inquisitor would be a detective-type, using Imperial assets to wear down the party until they cannot fight on, fancy lightsaber or not.

If you had a time machine, I would have emphasised that your character cannot know how good the lightsaber will be until it is fully completed, so no mass producing hilts until you get some suitably good.

A fancy lightsaber can't really save you against a whole detachment of troopers.

So, I do this. But you have to remember there are three other party members (and occasionally a fourth) making the combat with 5 PCs.

We have another Jedi type, but he is defensive and uses big guns. A Bounty Hunter who snipes long range. A droid who loves explosives. And the sometimes guy plays a Marauder who is great at stealth, so he stabs up the peripheral enemies while the others go hard.

I have done a lot of these things, and then two of the players chucked shit fits because they thought it was bullshit that the Empire somehow knew about their families.

Lightsaber lad, as you're calling him, was nonplussed when the Empire threatened his family, saying that he was a Jedi and Jedi leave behind attachement.

So I gave him 5 conflict, then rolled a fucking 10 at the end of the session, giving him a +5. The smug look on his face when he said "sticking to the Jedi Code rewarded me" was so fucking annoying.

>5 Agility, 2 Brawn, 3 Willpower, 3 Intelligence, 2 Cunning and 4 Presence.

Stats are insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Or, to put it another way, this tells me nothing. The character can make rolls - big deal. What is he /like/? What are his personality traits, his skills, his foibles, his backstory, and his goals?

"2 Cunning" tells me /nothing/ because the player is the cunning one here. You've been outflanked in your own game. Time to reveal that he only outflanked a cardboard target, and that the real target never existed.

And don't trot out the "it's not against the rules" horseshit. It's your game. You ARE THE RULES. As the GM, what you say goes, and what you say /went/. Even if the rules say no, you said yes. Don't hide behind them. You allowed a PC to do something without making it into an interesting story, and now you're stuck with the results.

Time to make the game interesting.

>It's not against the rules.
You absolute mongoloid, half of the GM's fucking job is to tell faggot players who try rules abuses like this "NO"
You know what, you shit your bed, now lie in it

>So I gave him 5 conflict, then rolled a fucking 10 at the end of the session, giving him a +5. The smug look on his face when he said "sticking to the Jedi Code rewarded me" was so fucking annoying.

Sounds like you've got a real shitbag on your hands, user. Sorry about that.

>So I gave him 5 conflict, then rolled a fucking 10 at the end of the session, giving him a +5. The smug look on his face when he said "sticking to the Jedi Code rewarded me" was so fucking annoying.

Man morality is a shitty system.

>was nonplussed when the Empire threatened his family, saying that he was a Jedi and Jedi leave behind attachement.
You triple nigger, letting the empire MURDER HIS FUCKING FAMILY isn't FUCKING FIVE CONFLICT, it's twenty or thirty at the minimum, fucking Kaiser Soze shit right there

His character is a Jedi who survived Order 66 thanks to being in the middle of fucking nowhere on some bullshit mission cause he was rubbish at Jedi studies and the Council thought he was useless basically.

His traits started off as unsure, ill mannered, detached etc. and have evolved into confident, compassionate without break the Code, refined and skilled.

The issue is he's a great player with a good character arc, but he's completely outclassed the others of the group even though they are strong too - but they have the foresight to know Jury Rigging 1 advantage Autofire on a gatling gun is fucking stupid and makes combat not fun.

However his hitting 4 times in a single attack with a 12 damage (before Successes), Breach 1, Crit 1, Vicious 5, Linked 3 (1 from Double Saber, 2 Force Rating) averages out at 60 damage.

I put a Cortosis wearing Inquisitor up against him, and on the first round he spent 3 advantage to Sunder the armor 3 times, destroying it and then the second round killed the Inquisitor after said bad guy failed a Bind check on Lightsaber lad.

All within rules, can't just say "No, that's not happening."

Oh, son...

See, this is why people make murderhobo orphans.

You can't just threaten generic nameless, faceless family members! That shit was out of style in the 90s. What the fuck are you DOING?

Immerse the players in a world. Let them spend sessions building up relationships with NPCs. Invoke mysteries and side quests. Have them meet loveable jerks and helpless waifs. Remind them that they are part of a setting.

And /then/ threaten, but only vaguely at first. Make them care about the setting. Make them fight for what they've earned - and don't just crush it - but give them hard choices.

Anyway, the Empire knows about your PCs families? Well, how?

Did you make finding out how interesting? Are they betrayed? Spied upon? Examined and tortured? Captured, rescues, and revealed to be double agents?

Well then, if he is going to be like that....

Vader hears about this dude.

Anywhere the party is known to go? New Imperial garrison is present, all incoming ships are stopped and searched.

Anyone who has done business with them? They are tracked down and arrested, their assets seized.

Every bounty hunter worth their salt knows that a big bounty has been placed on the crew. The Empire wants all of them dead.

Except for Lightsaber Lad.

>All within rules, can't just say "No, that's not happening."
Yes you can, user. You can also houserule if the rules aren't doing what you need them to.

>Lightsaber lad, as you're calling him, was nonplussed when the Empire threatened his family, saying that he was a Jedi and Jedi leave behind attachement.
See this shit? This is why dark side points are a good idea

They just threatened the family, saying they knew where to find then Mother and Father, but he called the bluff, said he didn't give a shit and they were like well fuck, no point killing human families if it won't get the guy to turn himself in.

Yes. Yes it is. The murderhobo big guns "Jedi" is still on +60. The lowest he dipped was 40 something.

But it's hardly a rule abuse, that's the issue. If one of the other party members said "I want to buy 20 blaster pistols" and then spent time adding mods to them I wouldn't say no. It's more or less the same thing, as he has just said "I buy 20x parts for x-thousand credits, and then each day put 6 hours into building the lightsaber", and does this on every day they spend travelling or chilling out.

He's not a bad dude. Just... Smart enough to know how to get around shit that suits him. I don't dislike the guy, I just have an issue with his flagrant not giving a shit how OP he is.

>Guns make you stupid. Better to fight your wars with duct tape. Duct tape makes you smart.

ISB Agent Michael Weston would make a great nemesis

>I put a Cortosis wearing Inquisitor up against him, and on the first round he spent 3 advantage to Sunder the armor 3 times, destroying it and then the second round killed the Inquisitor after said bad guy failed a Bind check on Lightsaber lad.

SEE: You let Lightsaber Lad get into a lightsaber fight with a tanky enemy - and you are surpised he won?

Have you read nothing?

This character is designed to win fights like this. He outclasses the other PCs because that's what he does - he kills things with his lightsaber. That's completely fine.

START KILLING THEM BACK

WITH YOUR BRAIN

Not with statblocks. Not with rules. Rules make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.

I bet your Inquisitor just waltzed right up to him, right? No prep, no traps, no plan, no separation, no buildup, no gas, fire, wind, lightning, or other advantages? Just a big dumb forgettable NPC in armour.

Well good.

You got that poor Inquisitor killed. Lightsaber Lad rolled the dice, but you killed him, just as surely as if you'd said that his heart exploded.

>and they were like well fuck, no point killing human families if it won't get the guy to turn himself in.
Bud that's literally the opposite of how the empire does things. They kill shittons of people for no reason, they wouldn't hesitate a blink to kill them just to prove a point

Face facts bud, he's only accomplished this bullshit because you actively encourage it by letting him do whatever retarded shit he wants

He was happy with the whole family still existing after he was taken to train in the Jedi Temple. And I do, god damn man I try to anyway. They fell in love with a Falleen Diplomat who was campaigning for species rights and fought through hell to save her from a public execution only to have her throw herself in front of a gun to save one of them. They spent four sessions mourning her, in and out of character. There are others they love too, but by the nature of their being criminals know that they can't save everyone all the time.

PC families were known about because they broke into an Imperial Prison and the ISB reviewed the footage, collected DNA and spent months searching for them. Obviously the droid didn't have anyone, but the others had people.

An ISB Agent tracked them across the galaxy for two months as well, marking their every move and reporting back to the Inquisition. That was how they got attacked by Cortosis Bad Guy.

I don't just want to "Rocks fall, you die" Star Wars style though. And they stay very mobile, hiding out with Rebel contacts when they do need to stay somewhere for more than a few days. They have had Bounty Hunters after them, in fact the PC Bounty Hunter was one of them, and he swapped sides after the two Jedi talked him down.

That sets a bad precedent though. It would be very clear that I just don't want him to have nice things, more or less. The other players all respect that you can break the system and don't, but he justified it and said that he isn't abusing Linked as he has to get into range, only has FR2 and his whole lightsaber style is fast paced and brutal. He has a high strain threshold however, so he can actually last, and in between rounds he gains so much strain back off of his 4+ advantages on checks.

I agree. But again, rules. The other party members don't like the idea that they would be outright punished for making hard moral choices when they argue both sides are bad.

Now the NEXT guy who comes after a Jedi is not going to come alone.

The next guy is going to make Grand Admiral Thrawn look like a chimpanzee in a blue suit.

He is going to STUDY the PCs. He is going to SEPARATE the PCs. He is going to TARGET the PCs. He is going to tempt them - before they even know that they're fighting him - to betray each other... or he is going to make it seem like they're betraying each other.

The PCs catch on. They are being hunted. They start to run, but the Inquisitor is behind them. They've never seen him directly, but his agents are always after them - not directly, but subtly. Boltholes are compromises before they arrive. Dockyards do not admit them. Allies have just enough time to warn them - or is that also a trapi?

AND THEN, after sessions of conflict, they finally see the Inquisitor. When they are weak, hopeless, broken down from fighting an enemy that should have been an ally, fearful, and alone... he will strike the deathblow.

He is going to see the Jedi. He is going to see the Jedi's lightsaber. And he is going to SHOOT HIM WITH A GODDAMN MISSILE FILLED WITH FIRE.

Parry that, motherfucker.

Fight on nice even terrain? FUCK NO. Jump pack or repulsors or just a good-old-fashioned sci-fi terrain piece. Clear visibility? FUCK NO. Enhanced Dark Side senses - bet your Jedi never though about sensing life in the dark and in the fog. Delicious atmosphere? FUCK NO. Lured you into a toxic deathtrap.

You get the idea.

You are not here to get revenge on your player. You are here to make them EARN a victory.

First, if the Empire threatens to kill a family, they do so. None of this 'Well, shit, he didn't hand himself in, no point doing it', as it makes them look weak.

Lightsaber creation is supposed to be a special, spiritual thing. The combination of the parts and the crystal is done while meditating on the Force, and the resultant blade is a unique reflection of the wielder and their personality.

It is quite different from modding a crate of blaster pistols. Again, I stress that the character (not the player) would only learn of any flaws or mistakes once the lightsaber is fully assembled, as many flaws would only be revealed when activated for the first time.

>he gains so much strain back off of his 4+ advantages on checks.
If your players are this competent and not drowning in setback dice constantly you're running boring encounters.

I see your point. I was trying to give him the whole epic duel thing. One of my friends had told me about his session where the one Jedi of the party was fighting his nemesis Inquisitor and the other party members fought a second one.

The setting was an Imperial Space station where the party had infiltrated, saying they were turning over the Jedi. As soon as they got inside they started causing havoc and the fight reached the control room. Jedi guy duelled the inquisitor for something like 15 rounds, across the gantries and walkways, with the battlefield changing from their wild lightsaber swings and reckless use of Force powers. Eventually the Jedi lost an arm and one of the other PCs threw his lightsaber back to him just in time to strike the killing blow. All the while Y-Wings had been pounding the station, and it was slowly crashing down to the planet below.

The party was a mess after the fight, but they won and felt fucking amazing apparently. So I tried to give Lightsaber Lad the same experience but he approached it analytically and there wasn't much I could do. I did introduce shit using Dark Side points and whatnot, like environmental hazards and shit but it was a 2 round fight. TWO ROUNDS.

I asked my buddy about his one and he said he could have totally done the same, destroying his Inquisitor's lightsaber in one round, but why would that be epic or fun? I want players like that.

But they don't just kill humans who are known to communities for reasons like "Your kid is a Jedi" because that turns entire populations against them.

So he can't pilot a ship I'm assuming.

Have their ship stopped and searched part of a 'random check' when they enter the next system. Have the Imperials use tractor beams/interdictors/warning shots if they won't comply. And if they still get caught the search is extra thorough.

Have the boarding officer have a thing of "If I don't report back every 5 minutes, blast the ship". Off camera if you have to.

He'll try something. and it'll fuck him up one way or another.

The last 2 points are moot now - cat's out of the bag. Can't uncreate the lightsaber.

There's no need to either. It's only a tool.

I fucking love your intensity and enthusiasm bro. This is filling me with hope and I intend to try it.

>But they don't just kill humans who are known to communities for reasons like "Your kid is a Jedi" because that turns entire populations against them.
Have you not read a single thing about the empire? That is EXACTLY what they do. Like, that's the very definition of their M.O.

>But they don't just kill humans who are known to communities for reasons like "Your kid is a Jedi" because that turns entire populations against them.
What are you smoking? Like 4/5 rebels are in the rebellion directly because the empire does shit like that

There are ones in there, but not on every check. If the guy attacks a Stormtrooper squad in a well lit area, on even ground, I can't exactly give him setbacks for it.

The issue is, with 5 AGI, he kinda can. Agility is tied to way too many stats, and Ataru Strikers are so fucking good at being all rounders because of it. I do like this idea though, as they have been really fucking scared of Starship Combat, because it's not exactly kind to anyone.

It's more or less his only possession other than some armor and basic gear. He loves it more than anything because his character always thought he was never meant for greatness, and as one of the possibly only two Jedi left in the galaxy his character is determined to make a mark or at least undo some of the hatred for the Order. He's really passionate about it all.

>I was trying to give him the whole epic duel thing.

Have you seen the Kill Bill movies?

At the end of the last film, there's an epic duel that lasts all of 30 seconds.

The buildup to that duel - the reason it's important - takes two entire films to explain.

That is what you must do.

When Lightsaber Lad /finally/ gets close enough to duel his nemesis - the man who has shot him, burned him , killed his friends in front of his eyes, destroyed his entire life, mocked his philosophy, and HIT HIM WITH A MISSILE...

That's an epic duel. Even if it does only last 2 rounds.

Nobody just goes around their neighborhood planting flags, even though planting flags is easy. You put them on the top of mountains or on the moon.

Do you even fucking lore? The Jedi are declared enemies of the state. Each one is essentially Bin Laden tier to the Empire.

And no, you're right, they wouldn't just kill them. They'd abduct them, frequently under the guise of 'public safety'.

The thing about the rebels is they're essentially the 'red-pilled' citizens, in the most liberal use of the term - the only ones who turn are the ones stupid or smart enough to think the empire can't be everywhere at once, and the ones who know something is up.

That's my point. Killing his family, who are doctors back on their home world, would just incite rebellion. The Empire would have to fuck up the whole city, and because of that the whole world, and they can't explain that shit away easily in a galaxy aware of the Death Star.