What brought about the downfall of the mighty slothman empire which once ruled the land?

What brought about the downfall of the mighty slothman empire which once ruled the land?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0oMbwWqceNw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sloth.

Unfortunately slow and steady does not win the race against average speed steady.

It's not fallen. It's falling now.

Sloooooooooowly.

First reply best reply

Overuse of slash-and-burn techniques to rapidly expand farming areas, too heavy reliance on on a too small package of staple crops, and the already unreliable climate of their home regions resulted in an unstable economy which collapsed in response to a particularly bad few decades for agriculture. This started a chain of events which culminated in the invasion and subjugation of their largest settlements, leading to much loss of wealth and knowledge. When the iguana people migrated north in 2783, the remaining sloth man communities stood no chance and devolved into petty warlordism over the ensuing era.

A medium-paced rise in the water level of the great river they built their cities around

Rumor has it that some sloth man attempted to escape the destruction of their civilization by cyogenically freezing themselves. Unfortunately, attempting to slow down their metabolisms any further caused them to begin aging in reverse and they soon disappeared into nothingness.

>Sloth Men are among the lesser known, arguably less successful races of Carcosa

I think sloths are stoned all the time from chewing eucalyptus, so that. Or was that just koala's?

Given that sloths no longer naturally live on the same continent as eucalyptus trees and that koalas are famous for eating nothing but them, I'd say odds are higher it's the koala.

Native American-style elves.

The arrival of the Conquistidor Orcs who conspired with the native elven populations by supplying them with advanced weapons and armor to rise up and wipe out the Slothmen who had subjugated them and made use of them as stock for their ritual sacrifices

Progressive policies and unchecked immigration.

Same as every fallen society.

they tried to start shit with humanity.

Hyperactivity.

Few understand that sloths move at shockingly fast pace when not observed by intelligent creatures.

However this haste came at a price and eventually sloth society was entirely dependant on exotic and powerful stimulants just to function. When the culture finally collapsed, it was too late. Descendents today are those who rejected the use of such things and purposely restrict their speed to avoid falling to it's temptations.

Maybe sloths are like electrons, and actually teleport when unobserved. Their society collapsed when everyone else was distracted one day with a bomb exploding in the middle of the woods. Next thing anyone knew, all the slothdudes just vanished.

Sloth, mostly.

Moderate sized asteroids, destroyed everything in a 20 kilometer radius. Their astronomers discovered it just fifty years in advance. They simply couldn't make it.

Hyperaggressive tree snails.

The ecosystem in their fur evolved as to feed on them.

Threadly reminder that Warcraft Trolls are Slothmen and their empire was brought low by other slothmen wielding superior sorcery against them.

They are? They're pretty fast...

They awakened ancient sleeping horrors of which slothkind was not meant to know

>Just under the surface of the lake, can you see it? An ancient, vast, green tinted being, stirring, ever so slightly, from a slumber that has lasted for - oh, wait, that's just grandpa floating

>sloths evolve different kinds of algae, that each bestow them with gifts of power in exchange for their lifeforce

>At the height of their empire, sloth biotechnology allowed them to infuse their furs with "smart algea" capable of augmenting their physical strength, stopping bullets and lifting them off the ground
>those "algea exoskeletons" would fight under the sloth warrior's command as its own limp muscles subtly twitched in response, flung around the battlefield like an ultraviolent mossy ragdoll packing heavy firepower

Waaaaitaminute...

>Extremely long limbed
>Are furred (although writes seem to have forgotten that)
>Forest Trolls have moss growing on them, possibly taking root in said fur, like sloths have algae growing in theirs
>Tides of Darkness novel describes them ambushing from the branchworks of trees, implying good climbing skills
>Two fingers and a thumb equalling to three fingered sloth
>Have distinctly
>Pre-historic dire sloths were large like fucking houses, equalling to Zandali at their height
>Live in densily forrested area with the odd exception

If Trolls are not slothmen, then they evolved from a sloth-like monster on Azeroth.

Fukken saved

They were introduced to democracy.

Like?
Rich fucks not paying taxes was a bit more of a common reason.

Mainly the fact that they all almost die when they shit.

That and those fucking humans killing them for food. Its hard to fight back at sloth speed.

>Mainly the fact that they all almost die when they shit.
What the hell? Please explain, user.

Wellp, they almost always shit on the same tree and they go to ground level to do so, burying it at the base of the tree.

They are also typically protected by being hard to find and up high. This makes their roughly weekly defecation one of the most dangerous times in a sloths life, especially if theres poachers or such about.

Probably doesn't apply to a sloth civilisation, to be fair, but still amusing.

>Have distinctly

What?! DISTINCTLY WHAT MAN?!

They just have distinctly. What, have you never had distinctly before?

Welp, that's a fucking.

laughing hard enough to wake the dead

All my

Sorry, I accidentally the whole thread. Could you repeat that?

Yo, Indonesian Gentleman. It's me, Fading Embers user. I finally got all the 3d models together. I'm posting a thread day after tomorrow.

Ayyo nice! I'll be posting then.
But what to post? What else could we flesh out?
Maybe I'll posit that question tomorrow in-thread.

Like so many bureaucratic empires, they grew to such a size that they could not react quickly enough to a crisis.

>Spacesloths found something in their travels and it came back with them. So much for their empire.

Bureaucracy.

youtube.com/watch?v=0oMbwWqceNw

>Slothmen are actually the smartest race in the world
>they are so smart they don't care about anything

So like Terry Pratchett's camels?

>One time I got this HUGE