"Why do you fight?"

"Why do you fight?"

To find that answer.

"To win the war."

The better question should be: "What is worth fighting for."

I rolled an 18 for Strength

Seemed like a good idea

"Because I get into situations where everyone and their heroin-addicted mothers wants my head on a platter."

Meta-reasons.

Can't do magic.

Because I suck at crowd-control, support is boring, and nobody trusts me to be Assassin after that one incident with the Archduke.

"Because a lot of people want me dead for reasons out of my control. I particularly like living."
-Half-Orc cleric in a Fantasy Nazi Germany.

"The other guys are to expensive to waste, so they sent us."

To crush my enemies underfoot and shatter the filth that is mankind. Also slaves.

>Grew up an urchin on the streets
>Started travelling, trying to make money any way possible through the only skill I know - music
>Start tagging along with a group of murderhobos because camping out with some literal mass murderers is slightly safer than sleeping in the streets of some town

>Fighting isn't my thing, I don't want to hurt anyone, but now I'm in too deep to leave now that I've scraped by with enough gold pieces to live

Because of what is best in life.

i fight so i can be rich and wear cool armor

Because some people should die. It's not that they deserve that or something similar. It's just sole idea that someone like them exists somewhere in the same universe with me makes me want to change that fact immediately.

Doing so makes my willy hard.

"I don't fuckin know, man, I'm just trying to make ends meet. Rent's due on Wednesday."

To justify all those transformations that were so hard to find

I like hurting other people.

Wanted to post that

The more you think about it, the more you realize that Konrad Curz is a combination of Batman and the Joker

Dito

"What were you trying to prove?!"

Because the children aren't safe from bumps in the night until all monsters are DEAD.

Because I keep runing at those situations where I need to fight, if I try to avoid it it only makes me enter at other similar situations. Its like I am at some dream or something like that.

Gold and glory

"My father was a soldier, I was brought up in a military academy, I'm good at it and I don't have many other skills I can make money off of. Plus I rather enjoy it, when against the right opponent.
Also I just really hate demons."

"Because I can"

Because I'm good at it.
Because I don't know how to do anything else.
Because it's what I do.

Because I don't know what else to do

>GURPS medic/mid range firearms expert
"College and doctorates do not pay themselves"

>DnD dwarf warrior
"I am good at it and I like it. I am also indebted to a human that saved my life"

>DnD human cleric
"Demons and undead alike shall repent under Pelor's light. I am but his right hand, my only purpose to make his fury manifest on the mortal realm."

>DnD human rogue
"I'd rather say my job is keeping out of fights, but they can be quite profitable, at times."

"Because I've lost control of my life."

"I'd really like to give you a noble answer, but I honestly just enjoy hurting people, and if I hurt the right people, society doesn't just not vilify me but actively praises me. I'm a hero because I fight against our kingdom's enemies."

To avenge my dead family, and to protect the one that took me in

Because it's fun

"I began a pilgrimage to find the path my God has chosen for me. I found no sign of what he desires for me, but the work I took to pay my way has increasingly been to fight in the steed of those who cannot. Perhaps this is just my place."

Because my favorite part about this country is its political and military hegemony over the rest of the world.

>"The answer lies... in the heart of battle."

I am Reverend Father Uncle Ruckus, and I fight to end the blackness in all of us. Take you, Mr. Batman Sir. Why's you gotta have an all black costume like that? Makes you look like one of dem coons. I had to look real hard to see you was a white fella. You should drop that bat motif, palm it off to some darkie superhero, like David Zavimbe, Bruce Stinson, or dat Dennis Samuel Ellis feller. Then you can get youself a wholesome costume, something a bit whiter.

OP here, this has been my favourite reply.
Now continue.

It's our nature

You're gonna make rent
You got no other option

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

"Because I want ta bash 'eads."
- Grok 'Eadbasha

"Because it's the only thing the Corps haven't taken from us yet."

"Why do leaves fall?"

It seems about 90% of everyone either kills because they like it or because they have no choice.

Because after ten thousand years the BBEG is free, and it's time to conquer Earth, but I'm a part of a team of teenagers with attitude.

Why else would you kill?

There's a lot of things we heroes have to protect

That's why we don't lose

Cause I'm not content with just sitting there and letting things happen to me.

Because I just love killing so goddamn much. Don't tell the rest of the party, they still think we did what we had to.

Survival.

On the battlefield, when everything is chaos, and all I have is the way I feel, my strategy and a sword, I just think about the life we'll have together after the war. And then I do it for her.

For the girl that I love.

To capture elf slaves

Meh... Works for me.

Because the world needs fixing, I have neither the wealth nor the words to do so in any other way.

>Playing Call of Cthulhu.
>Character has a great job, is insanely wealthy.
>Have no actual reason to go around risking my life across the globe.
>Just does it because it's what everyone else is doing I guess.

I was convinced by a populist demagogue that another ethnic, religious, or ideological group seeks my destruction and I now fight in the name of my groups progressive or traditionalist values.

To protect and care for the flock.

my barbarian was gripped by wanderlust and wants to see everything, learn everything there is. fighting is part of that learning.

"To better myself, and make better the world around me."

To one day earn a good dicking

Because I was born for it

Money. Duh.

These are the best answers. A real man kills to get pussy. Nothing more, nothing less.

I read "Corps" as in "Marine Corps" at first.

Still kind of makes sense.

Because they simply won't stop getting in my way. I make every attempt to get people to move without hurting them, but they insist.

Because those fucking giants nearly wiped out my hippie druid commune, and the survivors sent me to counter fuck them. Basically to wipe giant scum from the face of the planet.

>the original III%er sheepdawg standing in town wearing stab-me-first tabard and tactical spurs

>original III%er sheepdawg
wut?
>wearing stab-me-first tabard
Makes sense for an organized military/monastic order.
>tactical spurs
What else are you supposed to spur a tactical horse with?

>Profit
>Not qualified to do anything else
>It's fun
>Feel manly
>Can wear Motorhead t-shirts

I was told to.

Figure it out for yourself.

For justice of course.

I fight for the right to meme

>not "For the hotdogs"

Fighting is...a.."price" if you will for us. We are willing to pay that "price". Only if and I mean only if the criminal, rebel, and corrupt are tortured, maimed, and killed.

What is best in life Conan?

Because everyone is trying to kill me and I don't want to die?

"I just wanna get these FUCKING SQUIDS OUTTA MY HEAD."

It pays. If it's not me doing it then it'll just be someone else doing it.

kek'd

I want to become the god of fist.
Not like the best fist fighter ever, but a real god

Cause nobody has yet been able to stop me.

Because I cannot let go of this Black Blade.

Because you keep trying to punch me, you asshole.

Summoner: Because Destiny.
Mentalist: *Shrugs*
Warlock: Because those who would destroy knowledge or use it for evil should be stopped.
Weaponmaster: *Malicious smile* Because it's fun!
Summoner: That Matthew Gaul may think he's hot shit, but he still dies to Mjolnir to the face.
Mentalist: *Shrug*
Warlock: That knowledge is not inherently evil, it's how you use it.
Weaponmaster: Nothing to prove, I just like killing.

Because i choose to

"Sometimes, I don't know. But when I feel that way, I turn towards the child, cradled by her mother's arms, as she turns towards her man, who looks upon his ripened field in joy of a good harvest.

It is then I remember why I fight. It is they who I fight for."

>you don't even do any damage, ugh
>why play support when you can just Zweihander sentinel?

Oh yeah? Well I'm going to become a non believer of fist. And then I'm gonna punch you.

but punching me is the ultimate form of worship user

"Because maybe somewhere in the swathes of dead bodies, rescued maidens, and burning kingdoms, I'll find that something that's finally worth stopping for.

'Till then I'll settle for a strong enough drink an' a warm enough bed, that it feels like I'm already there."

>"Why do you fight?"
First character: Because someone has to
Second character: So there can be less pain in the world
Third character: Because it's fun
Fourth character: I don't fight, others do it for me