Theoretically, what would a Chaotic Lawful alignment look like?

Theoretically, what would a Chaotic Lawful alignment look like?

Other urls found in this thread:

braveandbold.wikia.com/wiki/Equinox
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's not how the alignment system works, frogposter.

Sounds like neutral.

Alternatively, if you insist on trying to come up with an example, maybe like Two-Face or some shit. He strictly leaves things to chance.

Someday, I will own this board.

Wouldn't that make him chaotic?

think Sheogorath or a game of Calvinball.

There are rules, but the rules change and they honestly don't mean anything. A chaotic lawful character has his own rues, and is determined to make everyone else follow his rules too.

something like a negative positive number I would expect.

Not every nation has the same set of laws. Chaotic lawful would follow different codes of law at different times. Given the variance between systems of law this would allow for both chaos and lawfulness.
Eg in this nation murder is not legal but in another state it is allowed under certain conditions. Following the laws of the second state cl character kills npc in the first state. Violates local law but doesn't violate alignment.

not how chaos or law works

dumb frogposter

Low energy response.

Can you have a Evil Good alignment?

The answer is yes, just like good or evil is a matter of perspective, law are chaos are subjective as well

malal

It would basically be a badly-played LG Paladin. He'd brutally execute a pickpocket with explosives or fire, injuring or even killing several other innocent people. He'd insist on the letter of the law at all times, ignoring the spirit of it and extenuating circumstances. It wouldn't make a difference if the criminal had never done anything bad before, or had sincerely repented, or if the whole thing was just a misunderstanding: if you break the law you suffer the harshest penalties possible.

Also that's not how alignment works you triple double nigger.

Cat morality.

Probably, but we're stretching things to make it work the way OP wants. I can't think of a way to get closer.

so, Rorschach

Wait, no, never mind. Rorschach cares about the innocent.

More like Equinox. Which comes off as Lawful Neutral with a Selfish Motive.

My only rule is that I don't follow rules.

I don't know Equinox. Does he brutally murder people that he thinks are unethical without considering the potential negative ramifications of his actions? That's what LC would boil down to.

He does so, except he considers the ramifications of his actions as needing to "balance out the scales," so he's the sort who will strap a hero and a villain to a death machine, set it to go off, and call the scales even.

He was from Brave and the Bold, set up as one chosen by the Lords of Order and the Lords of Chaos to balance the conflict between the two. The stress of doing it all made him go rogue. Doesn't get more Chaotic Lawful than that.

I think I remember seeing him in an opening to a BB episode once. He's probably the closest thing to an LC that can be found.

neutral

That's how neutral characters back in 1e worked.

Well, there's your answer OP, Equinox.

braveandbold.wikia.com/wiki/Equinox

>chosen by the Lords of Order and the Lords of Chaos to balance the conflict between the two
that's metal as fuck

That's why it's theoretical

Equinox was the most well-written villain in that series.

But seriously, Music Meister was best villain. Neil Patrick Harris pulling a Dr. Horrible and controlling everyone in the DC universe with the power of being a choir-boy? Best episode for lulz alone.

Does man own the mountains and the rivers? No they belong to God.

A lawful citizen with schizophrenia or something leading to infrequent outburst of erratic behavior.

Someone operating in a set of rules that are always changing.

>Theoretically, what would a Chaotic Lawful alignment look like?
The Pi Man. PDF related.

I think he means that in situations where he would normally make a choice, he elects to leave it to a random element like a coin flip. Introducing chance, rather than letting the world throw chance at him.

Theoreticly what would a red green look like?

Like a frog in a blender.

If he's not neutral he's a champion of balance.
qualifies.
Elric of Melnibone would qualify as well (after the fall of melnibone) in some regard but he'd be doing a bad job at it.

So like your face then?

Well we are getting it all over again soon, Music Meister is gonna be in The Flash.

They murdered both the hero's and the bbeg? No. But also yes.

This.

Neutral = Balance though

>Chaotic Lawful
I am genuinely surprised this wasn't everyone's first thought.

it isn't though
neutral is balanced by nature but will lean different ways depending of context
champion of balance will fight to preserve balance every time

So, nature and neutral is balanced is what you're saying.

Good doesn't mean ALL GOOD ALL THE TIME EVEN IF IT MEANS MY DEATH and Chaotic doesn't preclude any act of any sort of orderly act at all. Neutral isn't fighting to turn the universe into a grey sea.

Yes.

Equinox is the best example of Lawful Chaotic, but not Chaotic Lawful.

goddamn love me some Bester, thx user

My point being balance is a cosmic concept as is law and chaos.
The word for saying you are balanced in the amount of law and chaos within you is neutral. Balance is what people actively seek to remain neutral follow.
I've never heard of champions of neutrality on the good/evil spectrum.

Like Evil Good but turned sideways.

Sounds like the Rilmani from Planescape, the True Neutral planar race of the True Neutral plane of the Outlands.

Neutral on the Lawful Axis

Nope, he's got a rigid, inflexible personal code. Maximum Law.

A suffiently chaotic system is maximally fair.
He EXCLUSIVELY uses coin flips, even were he to mostly not want to. He follows his code of chaos.

The answer is no, because neither are subjective in dnd world.

He strictly follows the code of anarchocapitalism

>ancap
Spooky.

Anarcho-capitalists are obviously chaotic evil or opportunistic neutral evil.

The normal alignment chart features combinations of methods and intentions.
Chaotic and Lawful are both methods in this classification, so you can go two ways here:
The character uses mehods of two extremes (but not the in between, as he is not neutral in his methods) for no clear purpose (or, a neutral purpose).
An example for this would be a politician who puts up a lawful front, commits minor crimes just for the thrill of it.

The second way to go is to interpret one of the two words as the intention.
The easier one to picture would be a charactet who uses the law to cause as much chaos as possible.
Like the head of a software company who deliberately changes the layout of the buttons whenever most people start feeling comfortable with the last one.

Theoretically, what would hot cold feel like?

Never heard of freezing burns?

That has nothing to do with Law.

Or maybe Lawful Chaotic.

Neutral, obviously. Since there are no actions that are simultaneously chaotic and lawful, they'd have to compromise and pick an action that doesn't serve one more than the other. The result is, of course, neutral.

You could argue that maybe they'll pick one purely lawful action, and later a purely chaotic action to "balance" it, but that would be closer to schizophrenia or straight up MPD than a singlular philosophy.

Enthropy is the law of nature. To act in line with the universal principles of the universe, the Chaotic Lawful seek to cause as much enthropy as possible. Not out of self-interest or boredom, but out of duty. Much like how the brave frogposters, under the guidance of the Chaotic Lawful Kek, god of repeating digits, created entropy in America by meming Trump into the white house.

Next stop: France, the ancestral homeland of the frogs.

That's still cold though, it's just that your body can't process it past a certain point.

I've actually felt that before. Get a hot bath, then turn on the cold water a little bit and put your hand under the point where the two meet. You get swirls of hot and cold coiling around each other, it's pretty neat.

>frogposting to bump a shitty frogpost thread

Can you trip up already?

"There can never exist a lawful chaos or an evil good. These, and their reverses, are dichotomous. This is not to say that they cannot exist in the same character or creature if it is insane or controlled by another entity, but as general divisions they are mutually exclusive pairs. Consider also the alignment graph. If law is opposed to chaos, and good to evil, then the radically opposed alignments are lawful neutral - chaotic neutral, neutral good - neutral evil, lawful good - chaotic evil, and lawful evil - chaotic good. Lawful groups, for example, combine to put down some chaotic threat, for example, just as readily as good groups would combine to suppress some powerful evil.

>Since there are no actions that are simultaneously chaotic and lawful
What if chaos is law?
Think literal Mad King, anything goes all the time.
Got a daily routine?
You're in jail.
Work one day, murder 3 people the next?
Model citizen.

>Next stop: France, the ancestral homeland of the frogs.

Ok that was hilarious.

Okay.
Chaotic Lawful would differ from honorcode to honorcode, so stick with me here.

>Be knight, uphold your laws
>As a knight, anything you do is lawful because you are the law
>Man takes purse from an old woman
>See this
>You chase down the culprit, unstoppable hulk of iron and righteousness cannot be stopped
>You destroy several doors, walls, and some vendor stalls, as well as knock over a few elderly people before finally catching up with him and kicking his shit in
>Take the purse back to the old woman, ignoring the damage done because "greater good"
>Give her the purse
>You broke everything in it on accident because you got a bit zealous
>Continue on way

He has one clear rule: probability decides it all.

Like WH40Kids chaos shit.

The Boros Legion.

An entire faction of hotheaded cowboy cops who don't play by the rules.

This guy's kind of got it, the character would become the law. They'd probably have a god complex of sorts, and a VERY flexible definition of "Justice".

A person that believes firmly in the law that states everything eventually becomes chaos

Any latin country as they are all consistently inconsistent.

Man, frogposters are literally the worst people here.

Ancaps are like the definition of neutral evil

I sometimes wonder if there would be as many Stirner memes if we had an actual picture of the guy instead of that fucking sketch

It's just so perfect for image macros

>2017
>People still falling for this