Tons of guns

3 things I would like to accomplish with this topic:

1. What would be a more interesting concept for two pistols: They are siblings, they are inseperable friends (cantankerous or otherwise), or they are lovers of some sort

2. What are some good names for two pistols?

3. Post guns of every sorts, fantasy, sci-fi, etc

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Wild_Cards
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So, been reading Buck Godot and found the Smith and Wesson joke, did you?

one box of awesome right here...

enlighten my philistine faculties if you will.

3d printing is for more than just Minis guys...

once you got a metal action on that gun you can print just about any kind of grips you want for it...

Won't your wrist break if you try to fire that gun?

depends on the relative mass of the pistol and projectile and the strength of your wrist bones.

it's like the Taurus Judge, that revolver fires shot-shells too.

it might hurt, but if you have to kill something bad enough one of those red revolvers might do the trick. or it could be a utility device, forest-firefighters use similar things with flares to light controlled burns for example.

>What are some good names for two pistols?

For dual pistols that are siblings you can have an obvious connection in the names: Ebony and Ivory, Peace and War, King of Hearts and The Ace of Spades.

Or you can do something weird where it sounds like there is a connection, but you don't know it: The King and The Adder, Small Mocking Bird and The Big Fish, Daylight and Despair.

>Aequitas and Veritas

>They are siblings, they are inseperable friends (cantankerous or otherwise), or they are lovers of some sort
So like the wands in Harry Potter, if they're users ever turn against each other they won't be able to kill each other? The gun will miss fire or never lay a serious or fatal blow.

>They are siblings, they are inseperable friends (cantankerous or otherwise), or they are lovers of some sort
Yes!

>Or all three in that case.

>The Cantankerous Duo

>Two friends bound eternal in their love of puns and witty one-liners

Nothing says manipulative mastermind like a single shot, high caliber pistol.

You know, cause the gun would be rather impractical in an actual fire fight so chances are it's more of a status symbol or something. And who'd be better to carry an impractical but powerful weapon but somebody who prefers to stay out of the fray themselves.

That's why Magnum Research sells gold plated Desert Eagles.

Yeah, but you should see the other guy.

What would be a witty one liner in gun terms? A ricocheted kill shot?

I'm almost certain the siblings concept is the most tried and true of the three, but something about making them lovers really appeals to me.
As for names: Bonnie and Clyde, Adam and Eve, Tooth and Nail (or Claw if you prefer poetry).

Someone manages to take on of the pair from you and tries to shoot you. The bullet richocets and hits them.

>yo dawg I heard you liked guns...

>Bonnie and Clyde

"Anyone who carries those guns are fated to enjoy to things, glorious infamy and a violent bloody end. No matter what path you take, it's going to end with those two falling to the ground side by side."

How about a pistol that is pretty weak, holds 12 shots, and can't be reloaded, but is so disgustingly cheap that even the lowest low class scum can afford one with no real loss in funds, like 5 bucks?

Where they air dropped en mass over the country during a wartime occupation as means to give resistance fighters a way to kill some one and take their better gun?

The reason they're so cheap is that they're literally everywhere. You go to the old local forest and your likely to find one still stuck in a tree.

Finally, a reason to throw my gun at 'em.

Also;

>Tediore

In keeping with the post; how about pistols fated to meet in combat?

Cane and Able, Romulus and Remus, Curiatii and Horatii (bit of a stretch).

Or maybe they were sold among the lower classes so that they'd thin themselves out?

I just learned about this gun today from a book my grandpa gave me (he's a gun/nazi memorabilia collector). It basically played betamax to the M1's VHS, and for good reason because it's a bitch to load. Stripper clips into a rotary magazine isn't great as a design, but it has some neat features such as the barrel being very easy to remove so you can stow it for paratroopers and such in small spaces.

>Colt Woodsman
My dick.

instead of that have THIS

if it can be made cheaply it fulfills everything except being non-reloadable (a shitty shitty design idea...)

NOT SINGLE SHOT ENOUGH
NOT HIGH CALIBER ENOUGH
I'm aware that .308 is smaller than .50 in caliber shut up

for when you don't expect to have time to load an ammo vest properly...

For when your neighbor should try shooting something other than BIRDSHOT, ASSHOLE

PB is for lewds

How about a gun-phone, for the gang-banger on the go? Rather than having to dig through you pockets to find your phone and you gun, why not just shoot the bastard, fold the gun slightly, then let your boys know the job's done.

Or for sci-fi setting, the iGun app, with the simple press of a button your phone will transform into a fully functioning 9mm pistol. The best part is that you can still access your other apps, listen to music, and even make phone calls as you take care of business.

.50 Action Express doesn't have fucking shit on a .308 Winchester round

In the movie Equilibirum, the main character had Berretas whose magazine's had a deploy-able spikes on the bottom. In close combat he would hold the gun by the barrel and basically use them as blunt kamas.

cartridge != caliber

no shit

9mm is higher caliber than .338 Lapua.

nah, I just like the idea of derringers and this concealed model can be the newest age FP-45 Liberator. something we can drop by the 10s of thousands over oppressed nations.

I liked the concept of Roland's guns being forged from the metal of Excalibur.

Sodom and Gomorrah
Shock and Awe
War and Conquest

Siblings is the most overdone. And if you choose to make them speak, the whole bickering schtick is overdone as well.

A duo that actually likes each other would be fresh. Friends is great, lovers even better. Father and son would be a neat idea as well, with one pistol being a newer model than the other, each having a unique quirk to them.

closed

>"Good shot son!"
>"Thanks Dad!"

open

>Or for sci-fi setting, the iGun app, with the simple press of a button your phone will transform into a fully functioning 9mm pistol. The best part is that you can still access your other apps, listen to music, and even make phone calls as you take care of business.

If lovers then you are compelled to give the other gun to someone who will also be influenced by said gun. The guns will vicariously relive their love through you and whomever you gave the other gun to.

Regardless, I like the idea of guns slowly influencing their wielders for better or worse to fit the personalities of the guns themselves.

After playing Watch Dogs 2 for a bit, I was wondering about hacker guns and came up with this dumb idea:

An an electronic firing pistol that used caseless ammunition and had an biometric palm reader in the grip and has a small metal piece exposed in the grip. If someone other than the registered user attempts to the fire the gun, they receive a small shock to the hand.
Also the guns are custom made using 3D printed parts from files and schematics downloaded off the darknet.

>(a shitty shitty design idea...)
The reason for that was that while I was brainstorming it my original idea was that the gun itself was so cheap that you're practically only paying for bullets, so they didn't even bother making that part of the gun in order to save on costs even further.

but where's the ejection port

I had an idea of a sickly girl with dreams of adventuring being magically made well by a gun in exchange for swearing to avenge the death of the guns previous owner.
Unfortunately, the gun doesn't have any info on the its owner's slayer other than they were a paladin in metal armor.

So basically this would lead to traveling girl traveling the land uncovering and hunting down corrupt paladins and knights.

>Strawberry Danish and Cinnamon Bun

Welp.

I'll do you one better: a pistol that is pretty weak, holds 5 shots, can't be reloaded, and is so disgustingly expensive that even the highest high class civilians can't afford one without real loss in funds.

Taurus used to sell a .50 BMG pistol, the Raging Judge.

>OC license for rifle
>CC license for gun inside rifle butt

Currently running a GURPS campaign in TL 10 (year 2150), and the most common threat to find on the streets are dirt-cheap 3D-printed guns. Sure they perform worse than anything bought legally, and tend to explode if you let them overheat, but almost anyone can print one.

As for OP, how about 3 pistols in a love triangle to mix things up?

How about a gun-gun?

The Raging Judge is in .454 Casull. I don't think you understand the size of a .50 BMG.

>they are lovers of some sort

Why not a man whose lover is his pistol?

Mr Smith! Mr Wesson! Glad you could make it.

>have pistol index fingers in space setting
>call them The Pointer Sisters
>never use them

Pretty good idea, OP.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Wild_Cards

OP wants guns with personality?

this has some guns with personality...

Was this the (in)famous "single-use insurgent gun", build around the idea that you only need one shot to kill the oppressor and then you can take a real gun from his corpse?

yup. it cost like, 3 dollars to make one and we dropped several hundred-thousand of them on France in WW-II

it took almost a full minute to load correctly, was only accurate to about 10 feet and came with only 2 bullets(packed in the handle).

but it was cheap, easy, and could survive the fall unprotected out of the tail end of an airplane. since we dropped them loose, and all over, a french insurgent could simply pick one up just about anyplace or throw it away if they needed to pass a checkpoint.

a Swiss friend of mine actually found one on a trip, it was too rusted to be much more than a curiosity but thats how many of them we dropped.

I posted it because I was making a point about which could be a similar concept weapon, a cheap polymer frame, a barrel made of hard plastic(fully 3d printed plastic guns HAVE passed live fire tests). you pay basically the cost of the bullets and the S&H for the rest.