What is the best game for collecting loads of neat shit?

What is the best game for collecting loads of neat shit?

I'll just post all these too, before anyone asks for them.

Probably real life, that way you can actually brag about what you own and make use of it. Also, you couldn't bother to change the title of these pictures from >tumblr?

>Kid leather gloves
You mean leather made from the skin of children?

Goat kids, fool.

The skin of baby goats.

...just advertised as human skin in a few kingdoms to drive up the price...

Why does it matter? Yeah, tumblr has shitty stuff come from it. This doesn't somehow ruin the ENTIRE site or render anything from it bad. All the sonic OC's on deviant art doesn't somehow make a good artist that posts there bad by association.

Unless you're some sort of autist who is driven by buzzwords and brainstem reactions.

Tumblr is a website where you can filter what appears on your "dashboard" (homepage). This is both what makes tumblr worth using as well as what makes it cancer.

>Why it's good
It allows you to see what you want to see while not seeing what you don't want to see. For example, let's say that you enjoy seeing pictures of cute kittens but don't like seeing dickgirls. You simply follow the blogs of people who upload cute kitten pictures, and over time you'll be recommended to follow other blogs that upload cute kitten pictures. You get to see more of what you want to see, and less of what you don't want to see.

>Why it's bad
This doesn't work for just pictures but also information. This means your own tumblr page quickly develops into an echo chamber when you only hear opinions that agree with yours or are in line with yours while shutting out everyone who disagrees with you (unlike for example Veeky Forums and even reddit, even though reddit still has le upboat and le downboat). It's no surprise that the people who frequent tumblr are the kinds who demand safe spaces IRL: tumblr can potentially become your own personal online safe space.

The website isn't bad per se, it's just that the platform is perfect for special little snowflakes who don't want their feefees hurt.

There's even that picture of the person asking "who is even straight anymore" and someone responds "the vast majority of the population, get the fuck off the internet occasionally."

Veeky Forums has had a filter option for most of it's lifespan and has succesfully angry mobbed alternate viewpoints and information many times and been proud of it. Veeky Forums is a flamboyantly obnoxious echo chamber and safe space. Has been for years.

>Veeky Forums has had a filter option for most of it's lifespan
Not the same, considering most people don't use them and you can only filter out individual words. You don't only get to see posts associated with posts you've liked/followed earlier, you just ignore for example posts that use the word "cuck" (which isn't a bad idea per se).

The closest we have to echo chambers are the containment board, and even there we see dissent and disagreement. Lefty/pol/ is a thing.

Being able to filter shit you don't care about is part of the basic functionality of any website with a sufficient volume and variety of content, you fucktard, as is being able to filter users for any website with persistent user profiles and interactions between them. It's not functionality peculiar to Tumblr, it's certainly not the *cause* of the loud minority of safespace children that happen to nest there, and you're not nearly as insightful as you think you are.

Everything you said there doesn't even address the major point: Who gives a shit where it comes from?

Oh, tumblr is full of special snowflakes huh? Does that have LITERALLY FUCKING ANYTHING to do with the image posted? No? So why the fuck does it matter?

I found those images after one of them was posted on Veeky Forums and I reverse searched them back to their source. I didn't change the file names because I didn't think people would have a meltdown about the source of an image.

I didn't expect shadowrun 5e to be this, but it's a strong contender in my mind.

With all the useful little sci-fi trinkets, widgets, and electronics, plus the equipment upgrades you go through? Your character can accrue a pretty impressive collection. That's not even counting the little trophies and mementos that you can pick up from missions if you look for them.

Maybe I'm biased toward enjoying that. My father was a bit of a pack-rat, always had shelves full of old engineering/maintenance tools, computer parts, boxes full of stuff I couldn't even identify. I always liked having just the right tool for the job, even if it's in a box in a shelf on the other side of the house.

>Being able to filter shit you don't care about is part of the basic functionality of any website with a sufficient volume and variety of content, you fucktard
Can you name a single one which does it as extensively as tumblr does? There's a reason why safespace babbies are drawn to it and not any other of the plethora of social media websites. You literally never have to see anything you don't like, and only get recommendations for shit you already like. Unlike tumblr, reddit, Veeky Forums and even facebook where you can regularly see shit you don't like regardless of filters. Tumblr adapts to your browsing behavior, it's more than just a filter.

>Everything you said there doesn't even address the major point: Who gives a shit where it comes from?
Perhaps I didn't adress it directly, but I did mean to say good stuff can come from tumblr and you can use tumblr without being a special snowflake.

Dumping some stuff I found

Nah, thats basically exactly my thing too. I'm thinking about running a game where the players are collecting curiosities to sell them to clients and buyers. Usually strange supernatural curiosities or very weird stuff. I was just wondering what system has lots of stuff to collect and use to go with the general packrat feel.

Ok.

So why even bring it up? Why care if the picture is from tumblr?

Neat, thank you.

We don't need to make this thread into a metathread argument.

What items or pieces of equipment have caught your imagination? Doesn't have to be something your character possessed, anything will do.

"Breaking and Entering".

Just look out for flashing lights!

>So why even bring it up?
To explain why it doesn't matter whether a picture comes from tumblr or not. We're on the same side bruh.

I actually made myself a new image folder for equipment, after noticing that I couldn't find some others that I liked.

"Extensively" my ass. Tumblr can't filter stuff you disagree with, because, surprise surprise, people don't tag their fucking posts as #triggering or espousing #problematic opinions. It lets you filter explicitly tagged subject matter and other users. That's it. Same as—guess what—Reddit and Facebook and pretty much every other social media website. Safespace children aren't drawn to Tumblr because of *the ability to use the site effectively*, any more than neckbearded fedora-tippers are drawn to Reddit for its post voting mechanism.

> What is the best game for collecting loads of neat shit?
Monkey Island is a good start. Zak McKracken is also all about collecting loads of "neat stuff" and thinking of where to apply it.

It's always been striking to me how much stuff soldiers carry around. There's something pleasing about seeing it all laid out in such an orderly way and thinking about what each piece is used for.

It really puts RPG inventories in perspective.

I've heard that throughout history, militaries have typically given their soldiers about 50 pounds worth of equipment. Our belongings, our stuff, have changed a lot, but I guess the men and women carrying the stuff are still pretty similar to how they were before.

>the men and women
>and women

That's it for my dump just now.

>disbelief that women participated in warfare

It's happened in the past, though often in secret, and it's increasingly accepted in the modern world. I don't see a good reason to ignore the fact that, ever since antiquity, there have been some women putting their lives on the line.

soldier ⊋ combat infantry