What are the most interesting cultures of real life to base evil fantasy empires on?

What are the most interesting cultures of real life to base evil fantasy empires on?

British

I'd say that if you try hard enough and think things through, you can make any sort of culture seem like an evil empire.

Good luck with nu-Veeky Forums's hateboner for anything not European, though.

Go with the Aztecs, the slavery and ritual sacrifice and cannibalism make for good "evil empire" stuff and they've got a unique look to their armor and architecture that isn't seen in a lot of modern fantasy.

If my games of Crusader Kings 2 are anything to go by, the fuckmothering Aztecs.

>Evil Fantasy Empire.

American and its nation destabilizing organization known as CIA.
Seriously, if you check CIA doings over the decades, they make the Zhentarim and Order of the Emerald Claw look like angels.

>All that diversity

At least they didn't nigger up Cleopatra

I will never get Veeky Forums's newfound hatred of different races.

We were ironic about it before, and hated everyone equally.

it's even worse because Veeky Forums has not only become shitty, it's become boring because of it

Cambodia

Get over it faggots. If Veeky Forums is too triggering for you, leave.

Who hurt you, user.

China

GYPSIES

Hur-dur, introspection is bad and things should be the way they are because they are that way.

tumblr's that a way ---------->

Something something famous quote about people who act like god for fun soon finding themselves in good company something

It still is just memes, it's just moved past the post ironic nudge and a wink to /pol/ster teenagers parrotting it to fit in.

It's still avoiding introspection.

I get it, from a board standpoint. I'M not going to get people to think. YOU'RE not going to get people to think.

But it's still good to ask questions instead of just going along with things. It's how discussions happen.

>Aztecs
>Not good

You niggers WANT the sun to go out and all life on Earth to die in the eternal winter!?!!

>making a kurd in charge of arabia

*Fools, not god

Now even my spell checker is being post ironic

That depends on a lot of shit OP. Why is the empire evil? By whose standards? What led it to this? Do you plan to subvert the cliche or play it straight?

I just remember when we'd make shitty reaction images and be assholes while still generally being able to not devolve into "hurp durp this man's skin is a darker shade than mine, better rev up those fryers hyuk hyuk."

I get that we can't all hold hands like a bunch of pussies and get along, but c'mon. You'd also think fucking nerds would be a bit more accepting of people into the hobby.

>newfound

lolque

Inuits.

Assyria.

Most advanced and disciplined army in their time.
Fancy hats and beards.
Forced migration of whole conquered tribes as a way of assimilating them and guaranteeing their loyalty was common practice.
Bragging about turning your enemies into mountains of impaled and flayed men.
Ruling by fear.
Collecting vast amounts of learning in imperial libraries.
Fanatically devoted to their one god.
Kidnapping other peoples gods.
Finally brought low by an alliance of terrifying nomads and civilised neighbours who then copies your way of upholding a large empire.

I get that you probably found Veeky Forums after the whole Five Guys things, but while there were always fuckheads (mostly on /b/), it was the sort of post-ironic fuckheadery that was most prevalent.

Now Veeky Forums acts like black people are going to take away their waifus or something.

The FANCIEST beards

But yeah, that whole damn region has plenty of great cultures for this. Assyria, Babylon, Sumeria..

If they have square beard, then they are to be feared

What he's saying is that if you are not alt-right, then you belong to Tumblr.

>British Empire
>evil
I want the krauts and the savages (>implying there's a difference) to go and stay go.

RULE BRITANNIA

The opposite of your good aligned fantasy country your players start in.

The best evil political entities are those that are completely incompatible with the status quo because then you can make your players go there and realize all those people don't seem to enslaved, starving to death, or on fire.

And they you make them think outside their boxes. And then you see what happens.

Veeky Forums has always hated everybody equally, but especially blacks because of rap culture and internet statistics, and because they would get the maddest. Just in the last few years have people started getting butthurt in a whiny way. That's more annoying to me than any actual racism.

> implying any waifu is able to resist the lure of BBC

Thirding Aztecs.

Imperial Spain and Imperial Russia, if we are speaking about big colonial empires of their time.

Invading and wrecking countries for spices is kind of dickish.

I want the Seal Internet Defense Force to leave.

But rap culture hates everyone about as equally as Veeky Forums does. You'd think they'd get along like peas in a pod.

>mfw fa/tg/uys dress and act like people in the rap culture

>he doesn't want the BBEG to live in a giant igloo castle

The Huns, nomadic, Bow wielding, Calvary hordes from the steppes.

Counterpoint - the Swiss/Norwegians

You can't "wreck" pre-civilized barbaric savages, user. The only way to go from where they were is up.

I'm sure a few decades (or century) of power struggles is worth hospitals, roads, and infrastructure so long as they don't squander it.

Oh wait :^)

Not pooing in the loo is worse than trying to civilize barbarians.

I want the "India and China never had civilization" meme to end.

Hush now user, there are always exceptions. I too mourn the fate of old China, just as I mourn the fate of MesoAmerica at the hands of the Spanish.
The redskins can get fucked, though.
Besides,
>Dravidians
>civilized

Florida.

This

India is alright, at least the caste system part. It's just such a fucking disaster as far as social engineering is concerned.

Turks

Indian religion was some crazy shit.

>just as I mourn the fate of MesoAmerica at the hands of the Spanish.
The Aztecs had it coming to them.

Nah, they were pretty chill; they staved off apocalypse and didn't afraid of anything.
I may just be a bit biased because of their architecture, though.

That's also why they'd make a great evil empire.

Their shit is IMPOSING.

Also,
>Aztecs were the only mesoAmerican culture conquered by the Spanish
Show some love for the Maya, bro.

Really, anything made with giant blocks of stone is imposing.

The Austo-Hungarian Empire, of course.

That's pretty much just Mongols - Muslim edition.

Sri Lanka

>they were pretty chill
The tribes that allied themselves with the Spanish against the Aztec Empire certainly thought differently
>Show some love for the Maya, bro.
The Maya got out more or less okay though.

>The tribes that allied themselves with the Spanish against the Aztec Empire certainly thought differently
>caring about filthy sub-Aztec savages

The Maya are less interesting because their religion wasn't as insane.

>You'd think they'd get along like peas in a pod.
My uncle is an asshole to everyone who doesn't share his political views (I'm from eastern europe so I'm not gonna bore you with details).
A few years ago we left him for one evening with my sisters husband, who's also a dickhead and shares his views.
We were sure they'd at least get along.
Turns out they got in a fist fight 2 hours after I left.

It's this attitude that made they ally themselves with the Spanish. Well, that and the whole "human sacrifice" thing.

But Cleopatra wasn't black, she was Greek/Persian. The Ptolemy dynasty were the inbred descendants of one of Alexander the Great's generals. This is historical fact.

Almogavers.

Not talking about Cleotits.

The Aztec didn't, and look where it got them.

She was Greek. Already the niggers of yoorop.

>At least they didn't nigger up Cleopatra

Pay attention, faggot.

I thought that was the Poles?

No, no, no.
It's obviously the Slavs.

Nah, the Poles are an entirely different clade.

Unironically Imperial Japan. Of all the Axis nations, we see Germany/Germanic influenced nations too much. Even American, British, and Russia gets their own evil empires, just not Japan for some reason. Which is weird because they have a sweet aesthetic and awesome militant/religious fanaticism (just not as Westerners might understand it)

I know that they're not real, but The Daevites from SCP-140 would make for an interesting evil empire.

A real world empire that you could model after, though, is the Islamic Caliphate of 632-750 AD, since they took their newly found religion and put in a 'convert or die' policy throughout most of the middle east, northern africa, and even southern europe.

what is indus river valley civilization alex

dravidiniggers are more civilized than the self claimed 100%-white-european-aryans in the north in fact

sri lanka is the most developed country in the subcontinent by far

>sri lanka is the most developed country in the subcontinent by far

it's also not dravidian, excluding their tamils

northern india is less developed now because it bore the brunt of the muslim invasions

>africa
>kongo but no Ghana

the hell man

yeah but he clearly didn't mean the statement as such but the expressed sentiment. Being annoyed about showing different races. Using the phrase "niggering up". Managing to complain about "we wuz kingz" in a context where it's specifically not done.

[[Citation needed]]

just look at the facts

neat

Don't know who the five guys are, and /b/ is not my cup of tea mate. Sounds like a bunch of faggots to be honest senpai.

No, but it's almost as bad. She speaks Middle Egyptian for some fucking reason. It's like they weren't even trying.

Those are Mongols. The Hunnic people were European. They didn't just show up one day, they'd been in Europe for quite some time.

>Good leader tier
Charles II
Victoria
Peter the Great
Trajan
Pericles
Tomirys
Qin shi huang
Roosevelt
Cleopatra

>meh tier
barbarossa
pedro II
montezuma
mvema a nzinga

>meme leader tier
harald hardrada
gilgamesh
gandhi

>not a even from his civilisation tier
Saladin

>let's put some irrelevant chicks so they can't call us sexist tier
Gorgo
Jadwiga
Catherine de medici

>shit we forgot to put this guy in the game tier
Suleyman the magnificient

Venice

>Africa
>no Mali
Fucking hacks

>not Israel and its nation destabilizing organizations known as AIPAC and Mossad

Holy shit, kill yourself, retard. You're too stupid to be allowed to post here.