/anrg/ - Android Netrunner General

>Question of the day
We always talk about the worst part of Flashpoint even if we aknowledge it was a breeze of fresh air after Mumbad.
But what's your favorite thing that happened this cycle?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Official FFG News & Spoilers site:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/95/7a/957a59a2-5fe6-4961-96fa-47560f337346/adn_faq_v31.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/19/87/19876f7f-581c-4d74-a4b4-4db7301e4c5c/adn_tournament_regulations_v20_text_version.pdf

>Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai (requires build)

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder (not recommended)

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play Netrunner online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

AutocardAnywhere is a Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari extension to get quick access to cards while browsing a site.

Check out the WIP 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Other urls found in this thread:

netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/32777/dumblefork-1st-place-gamers-den-sc-
archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/searchlight pup/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like the direction Criminal went this time. Raptors, Khan, derez effects. I'll like it even more during Red Sands.
If only ICE trashing didn't kill Glacier it would make sense to push derez effects.

Right there with you. I also like the direction they have been trying with Weyland. It's a shame that NBN continues to be Weyland, but better.

I want to try Crisis Management with Door to Door and HHN, but seems hard to pull off effectively. Also it's such a low key damage that I'm not sure it's worth it without more tagging, but I don't want to import Midseasons because rotation. I'd like to get a feeling of the new direction.
Maybe Argus, but I'm sick of it everywhere in my meta. Classic servers with Casting Call/Data Raven and stuff.

Let us see what fun things Big W will get in 42.

>We always talk about the worst part of Flashpoint even if we acknowledge it was a breeze of fresh air after Mumbad.

We tend to be a negative lot, don't we?

>what's your favorite thing that happened this cycle?

Corp side I'm loving the slow rise of tag-less meat damage kill. It's probably not at its optimum yet - which in my opinion is for the best - but I'm really digging what you can do with Chief Slee (and all those ridiculous multi sub ICE we've been given - I love that she makes Macrophage a terrible liability even if you're not playing Virus for one), Show of Force, PriSec to an extent. Hell, even Fumiko Yamamori opens interesting synergies, especially given what BoN does.

Runner side, I'm loving the slow expansions of individually underpowered anti-econ cards that seem to hint at a promising anti-econ deck.

Globally, well, just wow.

We have two new, working full rigs for Anarchs. And I don't care about competitive, they expand the game in interesting ways. I'll play Sunya, just because I love the possibilities in board states.
Shapers have that whole alternate stealth suite and support.
Crims have some incredibly cool new tools - some that might prove critical in the future (everyone's focused on Aaron right now, but given what we've seen of Mars, with things like Musashi and Obokta, I have a feeling On The Lam and Recon Drone are bound to get a lot of value).
Even the mini faction got some interesting support.

Overall, if not that one misstep that has us all guess, that's been a great cycle. Especially the way it updated and and adapted some core cards and concepts in new ways.

At least film critic is there to deal with that particular troublesome agenda.

Can only wonder if there is going to be another board Android board game at the end of the Mars cycle. Naturally based on Mars of course.

>At least film critic is there to deal with that particular troublesome agenda.

Don't remind me.

Made me look at Spoilers... I'm really digging Whampoa Reclamations as Jackson replacement. For the state of the game I mean.

How do you get good at making decks?
My deck building process usually goes
>have a cool idea
>put it all together
>it's like 55 cards
>try to trim it down
>play it and it rarely ever works

The process doesn't stop there. You then have to modify and test again. Then more tweaking and so on until it works or you give up. It is an iterative process, and outside advice sometimes helps. Mostly it just frustrates me when people don't understand my vision.

For me there's mainly two ways of testing things: strategic view - you already have a game plan, what you need to find is the right tools. Or then tactical; you want to see (a) given interaction(s) in situ and then build a new deck from the ground up around the results. Both are worth using. One will always inform the other at some points when ideas meshes.

One important preliminary thing is: what kind of decks do you test again? Be sure to warn your opponent you're into early iteration of the testing of a new idea. Testing a deck that's trying to evaluate some mechanics can be made a lot more cumbersome when testing against already robustly tested and optimized decks (unless your new idea happens to target said decks).

Then:

a) One main idea at a time. But then as many synergies as you can realistically pull in one deck to support that idea.
b) Better to have bit more money/draw/needed resource as needed and then scale back as you optimize than trying to test something you can never get to work.
c) if the only thing you want to test is one given card/interaction, better to take an already optimized shell and slot it in.
d) If corp, pay attention to your agenda composition. Number of agendas and repartition of points will have a huge impact on how you build and play your deck. All the more significant if what you want to test is an agenda or agenda-dependent strategy.
e) Unless the strategy/combo/card specifically calls for it, try to stay at minimum legal deck size (with usual corp caveat). Nothing worse than making a test deck and not see the cards (which will always happen at some point with the the copies of the card you meant to test being the last three of you R&D/stack).

Play a lot. Observe results. Iterate. As user noted, making a new deck takes time. Often you'll build several decks until cross-pollination gives the final form of something you might not even have intended at first.

It might help to see if other players have posted decklists that is at least related to your idea. If so, it is often easier to modify that shell then starting from scratch.

I stopped playing with my friend before San San even came out. At the time, I could never find a Runner archetype I was comfortable with. I always preferred playing Corp, especially NBN.

What is Running like now, in broad strokes? I want to start playing catch up with the sets.

Builder of Nations and Prisec probably had me hypest during the cycle, really liked the possibillity for a "grinder" deck in Weyland; dealing guaranteed damage during a run, perhaps enough that you can either kill them later or they wouldn't be able to make a second run. Friends in High Places certainly helps with this too, though it's too bad people associate that card with asset spam. If Weyland can get a high influence upgrade/asset with "whenever/the first time the Runner starts a run on a server other than the one this card is installed in, deal 1 damage", or be able to give a tag before the runner makes a run to combo with Drone Screen, that archetype will probably be golden. After that is probably Tapwrm (bad decision for the corp either way) and Aaron (clickless draw + tag removal).

Anarchs, especially once derided Whizzard, are now supercharged in this asset spam inclined world. Shapers are shapers, and Criminals now have some decent cards for once.

Anarchs are probably at their strongest thanks to a few cards that either manage to patch up their weaknesses, or negate entire corp defenses. Noteworthy ones are DLR Mill decks which can win without running, and variants of the Dumblefork deck, which destroys ice efficiently, usually out of Whizzard due to the rise of asset spam.

Shapers are still shapers, with their instant tutors and usual shenanigans. Popular ones are Hayley decks due to being able to setup really fast, and Security Nexus decks that have lots of link, which were originally built to counter the popular NBN ID Controlling the Message (the ID fires a Trace 4 tag the first time a corp card is trashed). Of particular note is a probable rise in ice destruction in Shaper, utilizing tutors, Parasite, and the card in the OP, Şifr. Also, someone made a Professor deck work, which I think did well in store champs too.

Criminals haven't really changed fundamentally, lacking any new high impact cards. Despite that, some decks that use Leela Patel (bounce an unrezzed card to HQ on a steal or a score) or Geist (use a trash ability, draw 1 card) are pretty unique, and Andromeda has been given new life thanks to Rebirth (switch to a different ID in the same faction).

Data and Destiny was also released, which has three unique Runners that are within their own mini-factions, all three different in playstyle; the pre-installed directives Adam, the indiscriminately destructive Apex, and the high link Sunny.

All in all, pretty good time to be a runner, especially since they tend to be well off economically thanks to Temujin Contract.

>and the card in the OP, Şifr
Whoops, my bad, Sifr was last thread.

Hm. Well, I know I want Data and Destiny, since I'm an NBN fan. I figure I'll pick up that and Order and Chaos, and the last two Lunar Cycle packs and then start catching up through San San, Mumbad, and Flashpoint.

I hate being a completionist.

With the packs I'd start at Flashpoint and going backwards.

Yeah, NBN got an insane ID in Flashpoint despite having reduced Inf, although it's countered by, of all things, Power Tap (previously binder fodder).

Also, just so you know, Astroscript is now 1/deck for tourney-legal games, making pure FA rather more difficult compared to last time.

Yeah, Power Tap's return from the binder is a glorious thing to behold, even if it can lead to supremely annoying decks to play against (Nexus DLR with Citadel is a an annoying set up, but once it's built it's much safer than Masanori)

DLR gets wreaked by Best Defence, and until Aaron Maron appears, the whole setup is really vulnerable to 24/7 BN shenanigans.

Haven't played much with Best Defence to be fair, but Citadel gets around 24/7 Boom, they have to trash it if they want to kill you

Citadel only stops one source of Meat Damage. It won't protect you from double BOOM! by itself.

Ok, so I've been wanting to get back on the corp-side anti econ play... and realistically, right now... how do you even manage to keep the runner poor?

Spark Agency shenanigans, Scarcity of Resources, suddenly TAG and CLOSED ACCOUNTS.
That's "Fuck you Temujin" tier.

Strictly from a resource standpoint, I wonder what's worse Scarcity, or Housekeeping?

With cards like Financial Collapse or even Student Loans, there's that idea that once you get the runner into the low econ zone, you can get that competition going into forcing a stay there.

But getting that initial set up is just so tough...

Scarcity, it simply changes the the maths to make something much less economical - Housekeeping is more general use, and has advantages for making the runner have to draw, but making Daily Casts barely break even and other such things is a real downer for the runner.

Virtual Tour, Crisium to deny runs, Reversed and Closed (good with Dedication Ceremony) accounts.

I loved this little guy.

I like the little guy, clearly not the best card ever, but had a lot of fun with it.

I just wish could shake that feeling it's basically been power-creeped out. You do remind me I wanted to test it in The Foundry (Ministry of Silly Decks™).

I always forget about Reversed Account/Dedication. Shame on me.

I've been meaning to give it a go - it's a bit clunky, but losing 3/5 of a temujin has to be pretty annoying

Trying to work out how to make a Runner deck, thoughts on how to improve it?

Edward Kim: Humanity's Hammer (50 cards)
Edward Kim: Humanity's Hammer
-- event (13 cards)
1 Demolition Run
2 Déjà Vu
1 Forged Activation Orders
1 Forked
2 I've Had Worse
1 Knifed
1 Spooned
1 Stimhack
3 Sure Gamble
-- hardware (8 cards)
1 Archives Interface
1 Clone Chip
3 Cyberfeeder
1 Grimoire
2 MemStrips
-- program (15 cards)
1 Corroder
1 Crypsis
2 Datasucker
1 Djinn
1 Hivemind
2 Incubator
2 Medium
1 Mimic
2 Parasite
1 Self-modifying Code
1 Yog.0
-- resource (14 cards)
1 Adjusted Chronotype
1 Aesop's Pawnshop
2 Armitage Codebusting
3 Daily Casts
3 Data Folding
2 Same Old Thing
2 Wyldside

Could just as easily be Noise (and originally was) but I wanted to give Hammertime a go.

I've got the core set, the full SanSan cycle, plus Order and Chaos, Creation and Control, Khala Goda, The Source and Up and Over. I can probably pick up a new set or two, but I don't really want to buy too many more right away.

24/7 closed accounts (and HHN for lolz) is probably way more reliable compared to dedicated/RA, assuming one is playing NBN. Less inf and trashing vulnerability for one thing.

>assuming one is playing NBN
I'm not playing competitive, there's no need to be more cancerous than Marie Curie

Technically, it can get just as bad (or worse) with IG, Gargarin, and even HB with all the friendliness around. Especially if museums and bio-ethics are involved.

Lacks direction at the moment I think. I'd suggest giving it a go a few times, then deciding whether you like virus plays more, or disrupting corp actions more, then finetuning based on that.

Kim is actually pretty good currently as all the high impact corp cards like Friends in High Places or HHN are Operations. You might want to go the route of making it easier to get into centrals, to better trash those cards, then get rid of them permanently with Archives Interface. Maybe get something for asset trashing too, just in case.

If you prefer the virus plays, then you'll have to play like a Shaper and patiently setup, but still be able to get into a remote to contest agendas. Passive Noise trashing is better here, and Progenitor + Hivemind is pretty good. Incubator onto Hivemind into a Medium run is pretty good too, just beware the new code gate Macrophage.

In general, adding more cutlery will help keep ice low. Chronotype + Wyldside is a thing you probably should take advantage of. Career Fair will help with the Daily Casts and Data Folding. Crypsis might be too slow and expensive, perhaps consider Eater. Once you've found a playstyle you prefer, it's best to cut down on cards you don't need down to 45, and add copies of cards you want to see often, in order to improve consistency.

Stronger? Probably. More reliable? Not convinced.

Costly too with the MWL. And then NBN only as you noted. But yeah definitely good to keep the option on one's mind.

As user noted, it looks like you're not certain in which direction you want to take the deck...

The general advice is to thin as close to the minimal size as possible. That's not always the best call, but as a rule of thumb, it's worth keeping in mind.

a) Ok, so... a card you put a one off is either wild card, a card you plan on tutoring, or a card you know you'll get along the game but the timing isn't sensitive enough to bother. If you look at your breaker suite, I'm thinking you're going to find you're in a very awkward position for early game. Especially with Crypsis as your AI solution.

b) And it links directly into the first point: either go brute force draw to get your stuff out, OR go for a tutor strategy. I don't want to say hybrids can't be good, but they're not exactly the easiest to build nor pilot.

Just give a look at the original Dumblefork and compare with yours (not in the sense that it's better, just see how it goes all in on its strategy).

netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/32777/dumblefork-1st-place-gamers-den-sc-

If you get that Wyldside+Chronotype plan early enough (and you should aim at it if that's your plan) then a Levy AR Lab Access to restart your deck is a much better investment than a single SMC that isn't going to give you the reliability you want.

c) You have nothing but Incubator to kickstart Hivemind back in case of a purge... and it will get purged along. Your plan is probably to use it once for a glory turn. I'm thinking you're going to find this set up is slower than you'd want for that plan. And if you go for it, going all in on Parasite support is probably a better call than cutlery (remember if you have 5 counters on Hivemind, that's five counters on any Parasite... now if you can install them mid-run... can destroy R&D on the fly).

d) May just be me: no HQ pressure with Kim is kind of a waste. One thing I really love with Kim is being able to threaten mid-game onward those sensitive operations that have to stay in HQ waiting for the opportune moment (generally relocating from R&D, if only temporarily).

e) You don't really have much to feed to Aesop. If you took him as a way to turn off Wyldside, I'd say: don't. Live up to it.

f) Showing Off on top of DemoRun is pretty fun if you can get that one R&D glory turn going.

Let's be fair: NBN can be extremely fun *and* interesting if you go for things that are considered binder fodder by most.

I always wonder why Showing Off isn't more popular as a counter against Sensie Actors Union, though I guess I'm assuming they only put agendas down there.

Given some cards that put stuff at the bottom of R&D we've been and will be seeing, I'm thinking it could be on the mind of more people in the future.

Deck space seems pretty tight it seems, even though it would be hideously good in combination with medium.

Why are Anarchs the worst faction, aesthetically and lore wise?

I wonder if they'll ever make stronger 5/3s, or atleast ones that synergize well with existing IDs. Though I'm not too sure how strong I'd want a 5/3 to actually be. Puppet Master is probably right around the middle ground in terms of strength, where while a free advancement each run is pretty good, it also means you're letting the runner through into your servers. Meanwhile, a scored Cleaners in a BoN deck with stacked Prisecs will almost lock the runner out of the remote, but otherwise ineffectual in most other decks.

Those 5/3s would have to be have some sort of self-protection feature to be even considered for use, otherwise its too risk to pick them outside of kill decks. They don't even have to have any special ability and/or cost inf if neutral.

I agree, somewhat. If 2/0s and 2/1s are instant bonuses, 3/1s are either short term or limited, and 4/2s are strong abilities when scored, 5/3s should have a passive ability just for including them in your deck. These abilities could be innate protection, modifications to deck building rules, maybe modifications to basic game actions, etc. That's probably the only way they could see play without making a scored 5/3 break the game, though it would probably push card design to the limit. You'd have to reveal it to your opponent before starting the match too, which means atleast some of your agenda suite will be known.

I'm thinking the problem has been 3/2s being way too good. Merger is a step in the right direction if you ask me, however much people may complain.

It's tha whole ONR Corporate War issue all other again, in diminished form.

The only agendas that needs a boost in my mind are 3/1.They're terribly inefficient scoring-wise, there's just too many significant effects runner side that trigger on score/theft, so they have to give. And them being good targets for sacrifice play isn't enough

5/3s have the second best advancement/point ratio, and they score in the same window as 4/2s.

From a pure power standpoint, I'd say they should be somewhat similar. The bonus efficiency in 5/3 being balanced by the greater risk they represent.

And I must say I don't like the idea of the game being in a state where 5/3s *need* to be self-protecting. If we ever reach that point - I don't know that I agree we've reached it - then the game has much bigger, deeper problems to address.

You shut your whore mouth!

Atleast a decent amount of the 3/2s are leaving the game soon atleast, for better or worse. And while a few of the 3/1s are actually decent if you see them as baiting runs, or banking clicks, you're probably right in that they aren't really easier to score compared to the higher point agendas, though if you can find the correct timing NAing multiple 3/1s can probably turn the game around.

I wouldn't say they share the same windows, 4/2s have a click left over for shenanigans. Problem with having a 5/3 being in the same power level in terms of abilities is that 5/3s are generally harder to score, which means you get to use those abilities far less often, which means you can't really build a plan around them. If the abilities are in play from the beginning, then the risk is already paid for, and you can change your strategy around. Here's an example:

"This card must be revealed to the opponent before the start of the game.

During this game, the first time you would spend a click to gain credits (not through card effects) during each turn, gain 1 additional credit."

"This card must be revealed to the opponent at the start of the game.

If this agenda is in your deck, choose cards outside of your faction that have a total of 3 influence, and include them into your deck. Ignore the influence cost of these cards, and you must reveal them to your opponent before the start of the game."

On further thought, "non-neutral" should probably be included in that second agenda somewhere. 3 GFIs for free would be disgusting.

>I wouldn't say they share the same windows, 4/2s have a click left over for shenanigans.

Natively, you can NA or FA neither. Sure, the one click difference isn't insignificant, but both demand a two corp/one runner turn window with advancement painting a target on the card.

As far as a scoring is concerned, they share attributes that put them both in a league different from 3/1s and 3/2s.

>though if you can find the correct timing NAing multiple 3/1s can probably turn the game around.

Let's put it that way, disregarding the compression plays for now: the most efficient you can win in the game with a classic suite is seven points for eleven advancement. Either three 3/2s and a 2/1 with 3 turns opened for a runner remote snipe, a 6/4 and a 5/3 with 3 turns risk (though two consecutive) or- if you're very brave and my kin - one 9/6 and a 2/1 with 3 consecutive turns opened to snipping.

Imagine a game where you have to win just by scoring 3/1s... that's 21 advancement for 7 points with 7 turns opened to remote snipping. The Board may hint at a fun deck full of one pointers, but it's never getting off the ground as long as the agendas are not powerful enough to warrant the *huge* cost/ratio discrepancy.

Add to that, as I was saying, the number of effects that trigger off a score/steal. Marrón + Gang Sign + Leela on the table kinda makes you not want to score too many of the smaller stuff.

Of course, if going exotic, you can go a bit faster still... one of my own current decks can win with two 4/3 and a 2/1 with two turns opened for snipping.
Unreliable though.

Purely going off the numbers, 3/1s are a lot inefficient to score. But that does ignore costs for the runner as well, it's fairly likely out of the 7 sniping turns they'd be willing to give up the first 3. If you do it continuously you can open a window for higher point agendas. Does it make 3/1s any better? Not really. But they do make certain plays viable that can't be done with 4/2s and 5/3s. Of course, they do have stiff competition in the 3/2s and deck slots are always at a premium. Plus I'm not too sure how the 3/1 abilities should be in terms of power level, the current "instant short term bonus" is pretty good already.

Makes me wonder if there's an inherent problem with how our agendas work and are designed sometimes. I'd love to read a designer diary about them.

>Marrón + Gang Sign + Leela on the table kinda makes you not want to score too many of the smaller stuff.
Depends, Jinteki PE probably doesn't care, especially since you can't fire Marron during a Gang Sign access.

>Depends, Jinteki PE probably doesn't care, especially since you can't fire Marron during a Gang Sign access.

Well, no but if you don't get the kill you just gave the runner 2 free draw... one card more than your PE damage effect.
The point was more, with everything that is already stacked against them, having score/steal effects feed the runner's plan is just another nail in the coffin at the deck building stage.

>If you do it continuously you can open a window for higher point agendas.

That holds true for 2/1s. Which can also be FA off themselves. And generally have decent effect that don't feel so bad when compared with 3/1.

3/1 are at the toughest value point for agendas. If one kind of agenda needs to have powerful effects, its them (though to be honest I find some *are* at the right level).

I'll be attending my first store tournament this weekend. Is there any advice you all can offer me? I am prepared to have my ass handed back to me on a silver platter at this tournament.

Yeah, I'll have to agree that score/steal effects are pretty strong runner side, though atleast at the moment it seems relatively restricted to Criminal (albeit importable).

Going back to buffing either 3/1s o 5/3s though, while 3/1s increase agenda density and are inefficient to score, 5/3s impose a larger swing during a game when stolen, and will almost definitely be a large target. This is of course intentional, 3/1s are supposed to be low risk with minor benefits, and 5/3s are supposed to be high risk high reward, with 4/2s serving as the middle ground. Logically scoring 5/3s should justify the risk, merely reducing the agenda density (assuming the agenda is not something like GFI) isn't enough. Not to say that 3/1s couldn't use a slight boost either now that I've heard your argument for it, but they are at a relatively comfortable power level I feel such that a certain few could be considered depending on the deck.

I think, however - if you take into account the risk-averse nature of competitive players - that in the end the 2 pointers are just far too stable to consider replacing with the 3/1s or 5/3s. Some are worth it, such as Quantum Predictive Model and GFI (both of which interestingly aren't intended to be scored normally), but guaranteeing a 4 time steal-to-win is a lot better over getting a 5/3 stolen, and you can make better use of your deck slots rather than including inefficient-to-score and easy to steal 3/1s.

Unrelated, but I briefly thought Red Planet Couriers lets you move all tokens to a card and advance them the same number of times (that was actually Success that lets you advance a card, Couriers only moves them), and got myself excited at milling the runner's deck in a single turn with Underway Renovation.

Not much beyond trying to scout out the meta before starting and make last minute changes, and don't be afraid of asking for suggestions on how to improve post-match if you and your opponent have the time.

Thanks, I'll definitely be asking for advice after the match. Might do a few runs with the decks I'll be bringing on Jinteki.net just to see how they fare in general.

Talk to people, have a good time.

The rest will come in due time.

>in the end the 2 pointers are just far too stable to consider replacing with the 3/1s or 5/3s

That's why I'm thinking Merger is a step in the right direction. They have the most tactical flexibility, the best advancement/agenda point ratio and they offer you the most control on game pacing. I don't even begrudge them some good effects, but there has to be a liability somewhere to balance things out. Why else play anything else if you can avoid it?

As I was saying in a previous thread, I find Vulcan Coverup would have made as is a decent 3/2. The design of the card is SO cool, but the balance is off.

>Unrelated...

Are you mad? That kind of shit is ALWAYS related. Always.

I'd be fine with Vulcan Coverup being a 3/2 actually, though maybe deal 3 meat damage instead of just 2. As for Merger, it still comes down to the 3-steal-win problem and if someone would be willing to take that risk, the scoring efficiency and flexibility is worth nothing if it gets stolen from HQ or RnD. The liability shouldn't be something that makes it directly easier for the runner to win, like credits, bad publicity, HQ card trashes, etc. Though I bet if enough 3/2s get liabilities, people would hover towards the good 4/2s instead.

To expand a bit I guess: if you look at how people play it, the vast majority of times, Project Beale is a blank 3/2.

A blank 3/2 is better value proposition than any 4/2 or 5/3 in the concurrent pool. Bumping the power of 5/3s isn't going to solve the balance issue, because what is going to happen if 5/3s get better is that people will condescend to play them... provided there isn't a better 3/2 option.

That's how valuable being a 3/2 in itself is.

The only way that things are going to get balanced is if the 3/2s come unilaterally attached with a danger/price of their own.

Door to Door has been fantastic in Gagarin for me, along with Student Loans and Blacklist. The runner literally can't afford to make money to do anything. season with HHN and Scorches to taste, fuck the agendas, just sure up that R&D at all costs.

Color me intrigued.

>Red Planet Couriers
Assuming Ice Destruction hasn't totally taken over everything by the time it comes out, there's likely to be some cool shit with RPC and BoN - seems a good way to score bigger stuff as well

I don't know, aesthetically I think Anarchs are alright - MaxX, Noise and, to a lesser extent Whizzard all are part of the known rebel/hacker subculture.

Lore wise, I think they're okay - I prefer them to Shapers, I find wanting to wreck shit more compelling than "muh knowledge", though I find criminals combination of loving money and loving the challenge (though all the runners love that) to be the one I identify with the most.

Which runners would you guys like to know more about?
Leela is one for me - we don't know much about her, other than that she's a "trained pragmatist" (and does space walks) - all her cards are events, I think, we know very little about who she is or what gear she uses?

Ah, forgot to say that, other than those 3, the rest of the anarchs are okay aesthetically (well, minus Omar) - though those are the most prominent 3 so idk.

I'll burn your servers to the ground!

What do you have against ol' man Keung, you gerontophobe?! Look how awesome he is, the joy how doing what's right twinkling in his eyes!

(There's something terribly appealing to me in the idea of an old school white-hat pirate gone runner... almost sad he didn't get a GNU joke card or something - if Reina sits at that uneasy conflation of Crim and Anarch, Omar lies somewhere between Anarch and Shaper... which I find interesting).

>Which runners would you guys like to know more about?

I'd definitely love to get more info on Leela. Exile also. Still about as much of a mystery as when he was released. Might be the point.

Mechanically I guess, but lore-wise Reina comes off as very Anarch - there's very little in her life but revenge and destruction.

Omar is cool (if a bit nuts), he's just got a sense of fashion that's entirely suitable for a seventy-one year-old conspiracy theorist

I'd say Reina his bordeline both mechanically and lore-wise.

She's that... very peculiar thing in Anarch in that running was her job. A level of professionalization you don't really find out of Crim, for understandable reasons.

So shenanigans occurred during last nights Netrunner

>Opponent playing crim, so much money
>He Pushes His Luck successfully, gets like 20 credits
>Does it again, he's up to like 38 credits
>Score Risky Investment next turn, money for everyone

Frantic coding is one of the reasons I love Omar. The fact that he is constantly going through keyboards is hilarious to me

Now that I think of it, since we were talking about getting more info on runners, I'm wondering: is Fisk about his corp first and only really running in support of it, or is he mostly runner and the corp is just a front? What's his real end game? Could be interesting to explore with new cards.

(Also, since we officially now have a zero cost crim virus, I once more demand the return of Cockroach, dam it!)

Nice!

My record credit wise for corp is somewhere in the hundred and tens, thanks to two humongous High Risk counters in Atlas. Always fun when that happens.

I'll have to say the context in your situation has me beat in terms of awesome, though.

Okay, so after a couple of games I'm thinking of trying:
Edward Kim: Humanity's Hammer (47 cards)
Edward Kim: Humanity's Hammer
-- event (10 cards)
1 Demolition Run
3 Dirty Laundry
2 Déjà Vu
2 I've Had Worse
1 Levy AR Lab Access
1 Showing Off
-- hardware (8 cards)
2 Clone Chip
3 Cyberfeeder
1 Grimoire
2 MemStrips
-- program (18 cards)
1 Corroder
1 Crypsis
2 Datasucker
2 Djinn
1 Eater
1 Hivemind
2 Incubator
2 Medium
1 Mimic
2 Parasite
1 Progenitor
1 Self-modifying Code
1 Yog.0
-- resource (11 cards)
2 Armitage Codebusting
3 Daily Casts
3 Data Folding
2 Same Old Thing
1 Virus Breeding Ground

I found that once I got Djinn out I could tutor for what I needed fairly quickly, which let me thin my deck out for regular clickdraw.

The version I was playing with still had the cutlery and Stimhack, but I'm not sure if I really need them with the Parasite/Datasucker/Hivemind wombo combo. I certainly never really felt like I had an opportunity to use them in the games I played, where I was just hammering through to R&D and using Parasite + Clone Chip to keep them having to reinstall and reres ice.

>High Risk counters in Atlas
In Titan?

My highest credit highs come from Blue Sun, I think juuust before escalation booted Stealth into godmode - pic might have been before Blood Money, even.

Running was kind of her job, but her real speciality was drones.

Other runners who's skills are fairly "professional" include the Prof, and kinda Smoke.

Yeah, wish we got a bit more on Fisk.

Exodus's reveal-that's-not-a-reveal could have big implications for him.

Or could have had, depending on how you figure chronology - Ken's big job is meant to be one that gave him the funds to move the majority of his work onto the Net

Either way though, I'd like to see more cards with Fisk.
Maybe even cockroach, though that looks scary.
Though cards that work in a similar way (Chakana, Deep thought) haven't been popular (also, how did I not notice Chakana was non-unique)

How can I improve my deck Veeky Forums? I'm trying to go for a constant meat damage and then instant death style deck.

Weyland Consortium: Builder of Nations

Agenda (11)
3x Firmware Updates
2x Geothermal Fracking
2x Global Food Initiative ●●
2x Hostile Takeover
2x Show of Force

Asset (7)
2x Adonis Campaign ●●●●
3x Anson Rose
2x Jackson Howard ●●

Upgrade (5)
2x Cyberdex Virus Suite
1x Prisec
2x Satellite Grid

Operation (11)
2x BOOM!
3x Hedge Fund
2x Scorched Earth
2x SEA Source ●●●●
2x Shipment from Kaguya

Barrier (2)
2x Fire Wall

Code Gate (4)
2x Builder
2x Mausolus

Sentry (4)
2x Searchlight
2x Shadow

12 influence spent (max 12, available 0)
19 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Martial Law

Where do you get your second tag from fro BOOM!?

And how are you finding Show of Force?

I guess I'll throw out the BOOM!'s and add in something else then. I completely forgot about adding another tagging mechanic to my arsenal.

Show of Force is either a way for me to smack the runner around a bit and take cards out of their hand, or a nice way to combo into Scorched Earth if I go: 1) Score, 2) SEA Source, 3) Scorched Earth.

>Whizzard cycling out only a few months after a card comes out depicting him with a missile headed right for him
Poor dead Whizzard

>51298938
>In Titan?

Yeah, sorry.

>Running was kind of her job, but her real specialty was drones

Definitely, but it *was* her job, and she *is* a professionally trained runner.

>Other runners who's skills are fairly "professional" include the Prof, and kinda Smoke.

The prof is a teacher/searcher. Running is secondary - not that it makes him bad at it. Smoke is interesting in that she's another runner that definitely feels in-between. Personally, before the ID reveal, from cards showing her, I would definitely have bet on her being Crim...

>Maybe even cockroach, though that looks scary
>Though cards that work in a similar way (Chakana, Deep thought) haven't been popular

Cockroach is a card I always loved just because of the mind game. As a corp, you definitely don't want to purge for Cockroach. But if you don't, and you discard a critical card, well you can't blame luck. You're the one that chose not to purge. And I don't find it overpowered. Just the right level of bothersome given its trigger. Your mileage may vary.

>how did I not notice Chakana was non-unique

Three of them in a Hivemind deck is a slow setting machine, but definitely worth a try if you've never done it. It's hilarious.

You're very, very tight, econ-wise, aren't you?

I won't start again on Searchlight, I'm going to cry if I do...

Yeah I'm trying to figure out if I should add some Beanstalk Royalties to give myself a little bit of an Econ injection

Builder and Searchlight are kinda weak choices - I've never been able to get much out of the former, at least, and the latter always just seemed disappointing.
Also the lack of Ice Wall is disturbing.

Is 3x Anson needed?

I was hoping to use the Searchlight as a way to help tag the runner for Scorched Earth's and or BOOM! if I keep it in. I'll definitely throw two Ice Wall into the deck.

Just try Searchlight... Experience s the best teacher. It's one of those cards where I just can't wrap my head around whatever it is the designers wanted to do.

What's your plan with the Eater?

Right. Having dropped the cutlery I can probably ditch it.

In concept... Searchlight looks alright. But taking a second look at the card just brought everything wrong with it to light.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/searchlight pup/

That thing hurts me. I've spent so much time trying to make it work.

Even with Dedication for the trace, it's still attached to a 3 strength sentry

How's Crypsis working out for you? You could probably cut him to get down to 45. Maybe get some burst economy going too with a Day Job or two?

Since we have similar ideas for our BoN decks, I'll tell you that mine baits the runner into the scoring remote filled with Prisecs with economy cards (Capital Investors, Melange, GRNDL Refinery, Oaktown) then make use of opportunities right after they make that run. I understand that you probably don't have the cards though.

As for the deck itself, more Prisecs for more meat damage, Friends to recur them back in, more Ice Walls for advanceable gear checks, maybe an Archer or two to eat up the Hostiles or Firmware. Though I guess with the amount of bad pub you'll be getting even Archer won't really stop them. SEA Source will be hard to fire since you'll probably be hard pressed to be economically ahead.

Having a general purpose Icebreaker that I can Djinn Tutor for is pretty nice

I'm definitely considering throwing more Prisec's in there. I just picked up Martial Law the other day so throwing Friends in High Places into the deck is viable option for me as well. Thanks for the advice.

So our FLGS will be holding the first ever local Store Champs in two weeks, and I'm not sure whether to bring my main deck, or build a new janky one. My main deck uses a lot of proxies, so if I bring that it will be working suboptimally, and if that's going to happen then I might as well make a janky deck with the cards I do have and try to win with that instead. Thoughts? Our local scene is pretty small, less than 6 - 8 active players, and only 2 own most of the card pool.

Depends on how badly you want that AA hedge fund i guess. Otherwise whatever you are most familiar and/or have fun with, since all the better prizes are in the regionals kits.

Combo of the week!

You can Virus Breeding Ground your Crypsis!

And now I4ll go get some coffee.

Remember how we had the Terminal Directive rulebook in German?
Now we've got some spoilers, in Spanish

Cards that match with cards in the starting lists (front row):

Hailstorm
↳ Remove one card in the Heap from the game.
↳ End the run.

Mason Bellamy
Sysop
Every time an encounter with an ice protecting this sever in which the Runner broke at least one subroutine ends, they lose a click if able.

Biometric Spoofing
Neutral Resource
[trash]: prevent 2 damage.

Cards that don't match any on the original decklists - which makes me think they're Campaign cards, hence them being mostly hidden

SYN Flooding
Double

Cygnet
Install Cygnet only on a rezzed piece of ice.
Host ice gains Sentry, Code Gate and Barrier.

Paper Trail
... Trace-4 ... all resources