Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Fall of Cadia gives Tau Players Seven More Relics Per Model edition

>Last time, on 40kg

>THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER. PLEASE ASK FOR IT WE LOVE POINTING IT OUT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Blaecki Libraeri (Beware blue sorcerers asking if they can check out books on your card)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

jedi-art-trick.deviantart.com/art/Deathwatch-Killteam-597801854
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Commorrapgh

First for Dark Eldar! Long live the Dark City!

>all these new deathwatch models
how long have I been out

at any rate, they look different/stand taller. I understand they're normal marines, but are they the same height? looks weird to me

reposting this

Why does the BL link only have AdMech books?

It's cause they aren't combat squatting.

Tell me what is wrong with this.

so what exactly allows tau to multi-relic?

Migrating the question.

You're taking a flyrant

Are you on drugs? You have to to a flyrant or you basically autlose.

How many Space Marine players pick an existing chapter vs making their own?

I'm thinking of coming up with my own chapter so I'm not locked into any specific color scheme but I don't know if I can come up with a cool name and interesting lore.

What's the best table for a Cadre Fireblade to roll WT on in an ITC game?

I'm worried about DoW3 lads. Company of heroes 2 was pretty shit desu, I don't think they've learned enough to deliver on their promises.

I'm just not going to buy it until it has at least 2 expansion adding at least 4 additional factions.

It depends desu
CSM has the freedom to really expand on the lore
I was thinking of writing a short story about one of the OG Emperor's Children being all nostalgic about Chemos and having a comfy Legion to bro with. But now he's carved out a multi planet empire and is bored

While i always find that SM are kinda, dull if they're not one of the founding/cursed

Two factions per DLC? what would you like to see added?

Flyers at 500pts is a complete douche move.

Take your pick.
>Lack of the same one-per or one-per-weapon relic limits written into every other codex except Astra Militarum
>Relics with rules written with specific interactions that occur when you take multiple
>Some Taufags even used to say, "Well it's a good theing that they are Sig Systems and not relics!"

Tau Empire has 7 Sig systems. Farsight Enclaves has 7 more, but can take all of the Vanilla Tau ones, too. Celestine and Cawl simply being in the army allows you to take from two more lists, so if you spend the points one Blingmander can buy 28 relics.

Tyranids get worse the higher points go, reduced by the number of flyrants in your list. At 500 points, they're pretty servicable, and Tervigons tend to be worth their points because a lot of the shit that fucks them over isn't available or not available in enough numbers to pose a real threat, as well as the gants generally actually being able to put wounds into things.

right so hate to be another listposter but this is the best list I can figure out based on the models I currently have and/or plan to get. most of the weird wargear choices (like the pulse carbines) are due to that being glued to the model and wanting to maintain wysiwyg as not to confuse my opponent and/or me during games.

i want to be competitive but not tryhard (although I am playing tau...) and I know that should be pretty easy with tau but I have had fuck all success with a similar list in smaller games, any changes that aren't broad sweeping reshuffles I can make here?

also yes I've read the codex but I also make mistakes, I'm not perfect.

there's nothing that says they can't and by memory the recent FAQ errata confirmed that tau can take multiple relics.

Feedback appreciated.

If you hate CoH 2 then DoW 3 might be the game for you, because it had nothing like it.

No sync kill, no accuracy, all shot will hit because "muh MLG eeeee-sport" game, yeah good luck with that...

Any army can take a flyer at 500 points.

So fluff-wise is Chaos going to be a real threat and not just being dumb Saturday morning cartoon villains anymore?

Will Cadia actually fall and Warp spread throughout the Imperium of Man??

Guard and space marines can easily take two, orks can take three.

The problem is that 500 points is generally too low to fit in reasonable anti-air at that level

Really though it's something to talk to the other person about, or in a tournament, you can just tell them to git rekt

Yeah. But doing so is a douche move. Not even that user. It's 500 points. Calm down.

Except, you know, that every army that has flyers can take flyers at 500 points.

the lack of saying only one is no longer an excuse for taking more than one
>Q: How many relics/artefacts can a single model be equipped with?
A: A model can only be given a single relic or artefact unless specifically noted otherwise.

The only exception i see in the tau codex is >a crisis shas'vre can take up to three items from the ranged weapons, signature systems, and/or support systems lists.
from the crisis suits entry

How about actual diversity?
The big three are cool, but there are a dozen other races and sub-factions that people want to play as. DoW didn't even have half the factions DoW1 had, and now 3 has even less than 2 out the fucking gate. It doesn't help that every other 40k game is a Space Marine circlejerk.

But Tau got a FPS in 2003 and no one actually likes Necrons or DEldar so it's okay. Right?

Not him, by the way.

Apparently using this roster builder is the only way to get feedback.

How can I better equip my Librarians in the conclave? They'll have Stormshields and Force Axes.

Quick question. I am trying to strip some models for the first time with Simple Green, but it doesn't seem to be working. I left the models in for 3 days, but the primer doesn't seem to come off. I'm worried I diluted too much (~50% water). Should I wait a few more days or start over with non-diluted?

1 - I highly suggest against mixing weapons on crisis suits, because that means on a given turn they'll be wasting about half their shots. I recommend plasma rifles since you can dance into double tap range and jump back out.
2 - Get some stealth Suits, throw them and the ghostkeel in an Optimized Stealth Cadre. Wall of Mirrors means the Ion raker will always be a better choice than the fusion collider (and don't put fusion on the stealth Suits either, 90% of Vehicles have rear 10). If you insist on the collider at least go with the TL blaster too so you're not wasting your shots.
3 - Put the pulse carbine models into one unit ffs. Also, drop the Shas'ui in favor of more models, especially for the unit you're putting the Fireblade in.
4 - If you really need fusion grab a piranha or two.
5 - Where are you putting the commander?

Because the alternative to making a Space Marine wankfest game is to make an Imperial Guard wankfest game - but who wants to play that when it's already established long in videogame fandom that Guardsmen are just useless cannon fodder and damsels in distress?

The primer doesn't need to come off.

>Hunter Contingent
>Shadowsun without her drones
>C&C without Sensors, but also weapons
>Random drone squad for no reason
>Unironically fielding Vespids
>Random Carbine in Strike Team
>That Ghostkeel
This is cancer, but the different kind. I don't know if it's worse or better.

I think IG and Chaos are staples at this point so those. After that more xenos. Tyranids are always good as antagonists in a campaign and they're one of the oldest factions in the setting. Tau are also a popular army so they'd be a good candidate too, though I feel necrons are a bit under-represented in vidya.

Adding a xenos faction and an imperium faction in each expansion would be good.

>tfw now Red Orchestra style IG game

I'm trying to remove the primer; because when I applied it, it dried with "cracks" all over the models. I think I didn't shake the can enough.

Primer will need to come off if the previous painter was a doofus and put it on too thick.

Or if they primed over a layer of paint (I have seen this).

Shouldn't have diluted the Simple Green. You might have to leave them in there for a while anyway.

>Random drone squad for no reason
You need 1+ auxillary to fill out a hunter contingent and a random drone squad is the cheapest.

Just buy some isopropyl alcohol from your pharmacy and it'll take all that shit off in seconds without damaging the plastic. Just apply and scrub with a toothbrush.

>Red Orchestra
More like World of Tanks style game.

>Drive a Baneblade mowing down rows of Tyranids

I kind of agree with you - but i'm glad that they're willing to trim it down to just the basics. - I'm not glad that their is less options to play as, but I'm glad that they're not grabbagging any / every race they find cool and just totally shitting the bed.

We can always hope for expansion packs rather than cashgrabs for cheap $$$.

I just don't think it'll be a particularly good game, personally.

Would you go with the current splits? astra militarum separate from tempestus scions? but 2 per expanse does sound pretty good.

>Would you go with the current splits? astra militarum separate from tempestus scions?
No because it's retarded. There's no sensible reason to retain codex splits like that.

Which brings me back to fucking
>Hunter Contingent
Those points are W A S T E D
A Drone Squad is just a more expensive Breacher Team with -1 BS and none of the Breacher's benefits
This means you're shooting yourself in the foot for...Coordinated Firepower? Wow, +1 BS when three units focus something down. In a Tau army. That's going to be so useful!

The only reason to ever take a Drone Squad is to slap it on a Controller Commander with C&C+Sensors, and even that is comparatively shit to other, better investments

thanks boys, i'll try my best to fix it up

>Unironically fielding Vespids
apart from this, if you don't like vespids you're a total sicko

Thanks user, I will give that a try.

admech dont have flyers at all

FAQ, not errata, and that draft didn't make the final cut for the 40k rulebook errata updated at the end of last year.

All other books, in the wargear purchase list, say "May take ONE," or "May take exchange ONE weapon for ONE relic."
Tau just says, "One of each per army." And before you suggest that they all say that, no, they all say it in the relics list, but the limitations for every other codex is in the wargear purchase list.

The Commanders have a specific option that allows them to take items (plural) from the Signature Systems list. Unlike the Kranonfag from the other day, this line stands alone and has no other qualifiers. It's not a case of and/or.

Both of the Buffmander item descriptions let you know that they work in concert.

I looked into it, just in case it fucked buffmander. Found out that IG, Nids, and Chaos Daemons don't have the limit, either, but Nids rarely have more than one pair of scything clasws to replace, and CD have their own specific ruleset baggage making it practically impossible to buy more than one relic per model.

A few of the supplements break away for their core-army purchasing list, too.

Tau and IG are really the armies that can effortlessly relic-stack, should they ever desire too. And IG, being BB with Cawl and Celestine, are in a much better position to take advantage of the new FoC relics.

That's true, and I don't think space wolves do either. But the vast majority of armies have flyers and almost all of them can plausibly field at least one and often two in a 500 point game. So the argument that it's bad to bring flyers at low points, because there's no anti-air when the vast majority of factions can easily just field a flyer is a little ridiculous.

space wolves have the wolf box

i quoted from the official faq updated november 2016. unless you are explicitly allowed to take more than one, you're stuck with one relic. Absence of "may take one" or "may exchange one" no longer allows you to take multiple, you have to be explicitly allowed to take multiple.

yous right

Again, I looked at all contemporary codices, and Tau is as explicit as any codex gets.

New player, first time using a list. Gaze upon my incompetence and despair. FFS, I'm probably not even legal, send help!

When did this happen?

only explicit for the crisis shas'vre from the crisis suit unit.

It's explicit for the Crisis Commanders (HQ unit) and their the ones that matter.

Let there be noise.

Crisis Suits and Commanders are the only things that can take them to begin with, other than the Riptide and ECPA.

Commander and Crisis Bodyguards both say "may take items from the Signature Systems list."

Not one item, items.

most other codexes also used the "items" wording.

How do I make a big bugs list these days?

I haven't played since 4th ed.

I don't know but it's a lesson to ordo xenos inquisitors everywhere.

>I looked at all contemporary codices

Too bad FAQ errata doesn't appear in codexes.

>No sonic blasters
THIS QUIET OFFENDS SLAANESH!

Finished my Purgatus Kill Team this evening. On to the next team.

is this 2010 ?

>using Facebook fan supplements

Enjoy your objectively inferior experience

no its just that Dark eldar have the same boring build since forever

Wings, cover stacking, screening gnats and spore mine walls to force the enemy's hand.

So you mix flamers and missile launchers in your loyalist squads?

>fan supplements
>released on the GW site and Black Library site
You're retarded

My list is the lowest i'll go in terms of fluff vs crunch
Current DE has actaully bored me of the faction (despite being my favourite faction in the fluff), and was deeply thinking of running Corsairs instead

>using typo-ridden and straight up incorrect rules from GW publications without the corrections
>not objectively inferior

There's a reason people say 40k is the worst wargame, and you're playing the worst version of it.

Most other Codices (and regular Crisis Shas'vres) use "Items" in an "and/or" situation, where the option allows you to purchase from multiple lists, such as, "May take Items from the ranged, melee, and/or relics lists." Commander and Bodyguards have their ability to purchase items (plural) as a whole separate line.

And almost all of those other codices also have their other restrictions in place in the wargear purchase list, anyway.

A) It's a FAQ, not an errata. It's not retroactive and doesn't change the wording or function of rules, it just clarifies.

B) The FAQ implies that there are exceptions. After looking at all of the codices, Tau have the loosest phrasing and the most leeway in interpretation. If an exception exists, it's Tau.

I didn't but I really wish I did. Let's you use any Chapter Tactic you want even in WYSIWYG games which I'd love the option to seeing as my Black Templars can't do shit against other Chapter Tactics.

You can spend a point each on CCWs, but 3 points is too much for ignores cover AND shred?
Noise Marine are built for nuking cover. Stop being retarded with them!

All other Codices I've read also specify in the relic listing only one may be taken per unit, unlike Tau, so it's a little different from the beginning.

Also worth noting much of The Eight take multiple signature systems.

It's a question of mixing ranges and using Salvo.

I'd argue that dedicated noise marine CC squads can work, but for those you don't want to be buying a Blastmaster anyway.

You either go cheap CC, swap boltguns for knives, and run in to use I 5 to your advantage, go cheap ranged, and either form a small Sonic blaster team/the minimum 10 man squad with 2 blastmasters, or you go all in expensive ranged, double blastmaster, sonic blasters everywhere, icon, the works.

Buying extra CC weapons for a squad with 2 blastmasters a bad idea, since you don't want to be assaulting, you want to be sitting back bombing things. If you really want them for counter assault, then at least just swap the boltgun for a knife so they stay cheap.

That's 16 points you'd save for the 2 squads, and you could use those for more vehicle upgrades or another marine somewhere else. You don't lose much, basically just half your bolter shots and some extra threat range with them, but if somebody is that close to the blastmasters they're going to get shredded by those, and then you can always charge them.

Your concerns about mixing ranges are just as relevant with including the bolters, and a group with Sonic blasters and blastmasters could at least have more relevant firepower in those Salvo ranges.

Either go cheap, or go all-out.

What's youe opinion on the new Mechanicum and Echlesiarchy relics? Any that you particularly like or can't stand?

Love the Echlesiarchy Sword, their Castigator Pistol, the Mechanicum Haywire bomb and their Skyfire & other stuff relic in particular.

Many unique characters take multiple relics.

It's worth noting, however that currently The Eight aren't even unique character datasheets, but can only be taken as a specific loadout of models.

A loadout that wouldn't be possible if the units weren't able to take multiple relics.

>That XV-104 looming in the background.

My boyfriend wants to get into nurgle CSM.
What's a cheep newbie friendly unit for him to assemble and paint?

>Gue'la still have not notice me
>Farsight will be so proud of this photobomb

Herpes is real easy to get him and to put together. Hella Nurgle as well.

If he's going mono Nurgle CSM, pick him up a normal box of CSM marines and find the death guard paint scheme

Doing a bit of a bash on half an old defiler I had, i think I broke the top half off 5 years back cause I autisticslly thought the centaur-style profile looked like shit (it does) and never got around to fixing it up.

Bit of an insectile vibe to this, sort of like a spider or a crab or tryanid armour plating. Need to remove thr square "thorax" plates and put some nice smooth round ones in place

If mono-nurglen then normal CSM box + Plague marine box. He can mix the parts to get 15 guys that look marked by nurgle.

Who's the chick with the pulse rifle?

soon to be dead
:^)

K'ek

Battle cannon on the front makes it look a bit like those cannon-faced enemies in Zelda that shoot bombs at you

So whatre you guys planning to do once 40k is dead?

Im getting into Gunpla

Consider the Start Collecting Box for a squad of CSM and a bit of savings on some extra stuff with them.

The kits are a bit old, so assembly and painting isn't the greatest, but he should be fine.

I'm a Tau player and I hate most gundams.
IBO is alright.

>jedi-art-trick.deviantart.com/art/Deathwatch-Killteam-597801854

>"This is my Deathwatch rp group's killteam in all it's glory."

>"From the left there is Varis (a by-the-book Red Scorpions apothecary), Cephas (a paranoid heresy-courting Dark Angels devastator), Vale (Our radical Inquisitor ally), Altair (a fussy and devout Novamarines techmarine), Sire (a renowned rogue trader and diplomat), and Wulfrich (a proud and savage Space Wolf assault marine)."

>"Also the Servoskull is named Socrates"