/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous Thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>Newshttp:
http//theonyxpath.com/now-available-night-horrors-conquering-heroes-heresies-in-print/
theonyxpath.com/new-year-new-game-sale-2017/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/midwinter-2017-a-story-in-pictures-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
Does any one have a copy of Conquering Heroes?
IGNORE ASPEL

>Mage Supremacy
>Mage Supremacy
>Mage Supremacy

Give it a rest Satan.

>Tremere Supremacy
>Tremere Supremacy
>Tremere Supremacy

Lets talk about why Sons of Ether are the coolest.

Reason #1: Ray-guns

loltremere

Trading unlimited power for an inferior form of immortality. Tremere Supremacy indeed.

>Mage Supremacy

Reason #2: Rocket-ships

>says ray-guns
>posts jetpack

Reason #3: Robot labor

Gutter-magic is no substitute for actual power. Even a retard should've known as much. Photosensitive leeches should learn their place.

Hint: They belong in a furniture store

Anything can be mislabeled however we like in the World of Tomorrow!

In the Future, we'll read the day's news through morning suppositories, and our breakfast will come in pill form.

Don't mix them up.

We also know what happened to Tremere during the Time of Judgment. LOL.

Tremere and his ilk were basically an exercise in mage natural selection.

Mage: Our rejects are the best parts of other splats!

Incoming shit storm of mage wankery

New Topic: Does wankery incur Paradox?

Why the FUCK do The Order of Hermes get hit with so much paradox? Shouldn't their magic count as mostly coincidental sense it looks a lot like hedge magic?

1. Hedge magic is not coincidental, it just fails instead of causing Paradox because its too weak to actually effect the fabric of reality. Stop spreading this shitty meme that there are 'acceptable' forms of magic to the Consensus. There are none [except hypertech, and even thats iffy]

2. The Order of Hermes isn't hit with a ton of Paradox, Paradox is caused by the effect, not the foci. Causing a coincidence by muttering under your breath or waving a staff doesn't make it any less coincidental, it just makes it coincidental, and you look lucky and/or crazy.

>rejects
>one of the most powerful archmages ever and an entire house of the order of hermes.
seems legit.

Porthos would smite you for typing shit like that. Then proceed to raid the kitchen destroying apprentices standing in between him and his favorite yogurt.

>Book of Chantries best splat book

I've gotten my fill of lording it over the little people for now. This must be how Mystagogues and Acanthus feel like everyday.

>Claiming Tremere was a powerful archmage

I love biased vampire retards.

>Hedge magic not part of Consensus
>what are sorcerers?

Tremere was never an archmage. He also sucked at what he did. Turning to vampirism is literally the dumbest thing a mage can do.

>three threads of retard mage bait
so much lack of creative shitposting

Would you do this goat lady?

Tremere wasn't changed voluntarily. He was tricked.

Must let the storm pass. Aint no other way around it.

Does she transform into a monster and bites my dick off?

No you dumbass. Tremere was trying to become a vampire without all the downsides to it. It didn't work very well for him. Now he's a mega dumbass. Archmages everywhere point and laugh at him.

>Horns
Grab those handle bars and go to town

No.

>leads an entire great house
>isnt a powerful archmage
nigger, wut?

Yeah why not. You can fuck worse things in Cofd

>Archmages everywhere point and laugh at him.
you mean those faggots that cant even be on this plane? why are they laughing? they're to retarded to have figured out how to survive on earth.

So do archmasters really change the timelines? or do they go into alt realities as one guy said?

they still salty an entire faction went emo instead of fighting a sucker fool's war

You like the octopussy or the snake snags ?

Those are the worse things I mentioned

Being barred off the earth seems like a fine trade for unlimited power. Especially when you can make your own goddamn planet.

What has Tremere done? Oh, that's right... Getting mindfucked by having his most powerful spell rebound on himself by the Tzimisce Antediluvian. Fun times.

You cunts deserve Aspel. You're boring as fuck. This is why women won't touch you, and you're forever alone, pretending to have world-shattering power in a game of fucking play-pretend.

Enjoy being brainwashed into loving her and tending to her every whim

>never heard of the seahorses mating

>yay i can do anything on my shitty demiplane where i never interact with actual live people.
sounds great.

>a game of fucking play-pretend.
Get a load of this Sleeper.

Welcome to Veeky Forums.

This reminds me that in ChtulhuTech there were animal animugirls that mind controlled, raped and ate you

Should have known better

>not just making his own actual live people
Do you even Archmage bro?

>barred off the earth
>Mental wankery
if you can't connect with any real people anymore, then it is just masturbating, which is even sadder. Cosmic power, but no ability to effect anything anyone else will appreciate anymore. world shattering power and cosmic impotence. way to make a game about being a fucking wizard an emo feast fag

Actually this user figured it out

Trying to move away from inter-splat dick waving. I'm curious about your thoughts on these.

What's the second-best mage Order and how would you feel about and how would you treat:
>sleepers
>sleepwalkers
>proximi
>sorcerers and psychics

Mysterium best Order, obviously

Dont you have an Onyx Path book to preorder or something?

Pretty shitty archmage. In nWoD you can just create a whole world out of your soul and fill it with riches and bitches. If you are archmaster of Live and Matter, you can conjure said riches and bitches out of thin air. In fact, one of my chronicles was about Hunger Games in Aswadim Wending.

>slave races are real people
lul what? they'd have no real mind or perspective. they'd be children in maturity and understanding to mages. You'd might as well just create your own harem. Does it count as pedophilia if they're one year old but have the body of a super model?

What's not how you spell out Seers, mah boi.

Who the fuck needs worthless sleepers when I can make my own harem of waifus on my own personal paradise of a world?

All this while sitting on my favorite lawn chair once known as Cain.

>convincing yourself that the pathetic little creations you made are the same as real people
>thinking you have real power
sounds like a typical no nothing mage.

Is that supposed to be a rebuttal? Because creating your own harem sounds like a good time.

maybe for 5 minutes.

>they'd have no real mind or perspective
Add Mind, and it'll be great. You know that transplanting human mind into animal and then hunting it to death is a great pasttime?

This is quickly turning into another thread of mages shitting on vampires. I support this.

Why do you think Requiem has no Antediluvians/Cain? Because everyone hated vampire fans getting angry at mages being better than them.

>A Proper Punishment
>Mage Supremacy

Definitely for more than 5 minutes.

It's the vampire's fault for being so shit-on-able.

>Why do you think Requiem has no Antediluvians/Cain?
It's easy - because they are Supernal beings. Why else archmages didn't wipe them off the Tellurian?

Masquerade fans have always bitched and whined about the capabilities of mages. Mage supremacy only started because people were butthurt over their precious princes of the night being second best.

They were the catalyst. Not mages.

>Supernal Supremacy
>Mage Cosmology being the only correct one

It not the correct one, it's the only one we have. No other splat cares about cartography.

ah classic victum blaming. Nice to see people are getting into Beast finally

Doesn't Werewolf both in Owod and CoFD care about this stuf at least a bit?

Speaking of mage, is there a way to directly avoid or remove incurred paradox? Like, Prime sphere shinnagagins and sheit

This is true. Mages have higher IQs.

No, they just know there is a Shadow and that it is theirs. They literally couldn't care less about everything else.

Just absorb it, or Scour Paradox condition from your pattern like you have a pair.

Werewolves only care about the cosmology when it relates to anything spiritual and close-minded.

But how is it not true? Mage supremacy has always been ironic.

>my imaginary friend is tougher than your imaginary friend

Go to sleep little boy, you have school in the morning

It'll be a cold day in hell I trust those pricks again after they rim-jobbed Brucatto all the way into the top dev. spot on M20

>mages shitting on vampires
I don't think mages care enough about vampires. Vampires don't have any counters to half of spheres - they can't do anything about manipulations of Time, Space and Fate, Forces utterly fucks them with sunlight, Death is literally "control undead" Arcana. Life, Spirit and Mind is mostly useless, but last one is good for protection against Dominance and Majesty, and if you can find a spirit of fire, vampires are fucked. I don't know how Prime and Matter interact with vampires.

>look at my mythical arcane dick

So is the personal horror aspect of mage supposed to be "you're so powerful it's sanity-rendingly boring" because that's how it's sounding.

Not sure about Ascension, but a dedicated magical tool can help you avoid paradox in Awakening. Or you can cast from a Demesne.

Vampires, being dead, fall under the category of matter. Vamps are a matter mages fucking lawnchairs.

The horror aspect is hubris. People show their true colors when they have a immense capabilities. The cliché line "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" is a pretty good fit.

Mages can and will ruin your life over the smallest grievances. Bumping into a particularly unwise mage is suicide. Step on his toe? Get ready to die a hundred different times in a hundred different ways.

In Awakening hubris is a big theme but for me the real horror aspect is that you are trapped in what is essentially the Matrix only instead of machines it's magic god assholes.

There's a reason why the ascended good guys that help Mages awaken to their power are called "Oracles".

It's more "how far will you go in the search for more power"?

Exactly this. Mage is a very scary game for much different reasons.

All are good reasons. Horror in Mage is easily missed. And not everyone plays WoD for horror despite it being a central theme.

>mage: the compensating

It's okay to admit you're jealous of Tremere's penis size

Tremere was not an archmage, he attended in place of his own master (who died or was killed, depending on if you use Ars Magica) together with Tytalus. Later, he did not want to become a part of Tytalus' House and persuaded Bonisagus to let him found his own. Tremere was persuasive and charismatic, but not magical powerful (hence why he developed Certamen, which did not rely on magical power alone)

Something like this happened in my game. One of the players was Ordo Dracul trying to figure out what happened to his mage contact npc. Long story short he mildly annoyed seers head honcho(they bumped into each other). Mild annoyence caused him to send Praetorian Death Squad after the local Ordo. This didn't escalate further because said head honcho forgot about it few days later.

Im wondering how the genius fanamde part of the verse fit in with the rest of hte verse? especially things like archmasters and stuff when a decent genius can simply time travel

It doesn't. At least, not well.

>genius fanmade part of the verse
What?

I was asking how you guys would fit it in?

There's a fanmade splat called Genius. It allows individuals to go a bit mad and duct tape together crazy contraptions.

How can one boost his Withstand aganist other spells? Is it possible to build magic shield and outright ignore most of enemy magic?

Wards and Sigils, or boost the relevant attribute.

Anyone ever played the Kindred of the East stuff?

Doesn't matter. The ease with which mages can cheese Exceptional Successes with Rotes and Praxis, and thus choose to outright ignore Withstand, means that boosting your Resistance Attributes won't help you.

And that's why I am doing conversion of MtAw to another system.

So now after the dust has settled and more people got them. Are Hurt Locker and Secrets of the Covenants worth reading?

Secrets of the Covenants is full of insipid fiction and ridiculous new powers, with very few exceptions. I wouldn't recommend it.

By ridiculous you mean silly or just super powerful?