You have ten seconds to justify your character having easily-grabbable-in-combat long hair

You have ten seconds to justify your character having easily-grabbable-in-combat long hair.

What kind of wuss pulls hair in a fight?

We're not as autistic as you are.

No rules for grappling.

Helmet, uses gun

If someone gets close enough to touch his hair one of them is already dead.

Fucking hairbands exist in the setting.

Go ahead, punk.

I read that novel.

It can become spiky and stab their hands.

>The idea that short hair is advantages in combat was conceived by the Romans
>The Romans repeatedly get there asses kick by Germanic tribes.

This should tell you something.

>I'm sure to win, for my hair is shorter!

>repeatedly
>Only real Notable Roman loss was the battle of the Teutoburg forest
>Meanwhile in the Gallic wars Caesar goes over to German lands and beats the shit out of the to prove a point.

Filthy pleb.

No, I don't. I don't have to justify anything, ever, to idiots like you.

In a one-on-one fight? Yeah, might proved to be a disadvantage.

In an all-out melee in a war? Hands are too busy holding shields and weapons. Helmets covering hair, too.

Also, isn't there an animation in Witcher 3 where an enemy grabs Geralt's ponytail in a brawl and he just twists out of it?

Spbp

SAY IT WITH ME
PICTS
WERE
NEVER
CONQUERED

>Romeaboo detected

Romans mostly won wars against tribal people with far inferior technology and much less unified. They hugely inflated the number of enemy in every single battle they faced, and basically had all the historians writing tales that romanticize the things for the roman side. When they faced the Parthian Kingdom, Carthage, among others, they either lost badly at first and then won, or just lost badly and them left.

Roman had some success with mass deploying and training of forces and definitely a lot of merit in their organizational capabilities and logistics. But the average legionaries was a pleb with a machete and a plank.

He hides them under a helmet. You don't go into combat without head protection, right?

My hair eat people.

KLINGON HONOR.

>hiding your glorious long flowing hair

What are you, a fag?

>combat
If my character is entering physical combat at all, something has gone terribly wrong.

Hair-grabbing is rare in most combat and only becomes a factor if it boils down to close quarters unarmed grappling, in which case shit has already gone South and not because of your long hair.

Being descended from ancient metal super-vikings, having TWO ancient elven swords, /and/ being the current host to the spirit of a wolf-god.

If he's trying to grab the beard, it means he's at a disadvantage because he's got a free hand. Either he's without a weapon or a shield OR he's using his weapon ineffectively if it requires two hands.

By that point, they've already lost.

He's dead, Jim.

He's a periorokoi which looks up to spartiatai status.

Bookworm who stays in the precinct and only ever get involved in the investigation side of things

Why does it matter?
Nobody's going to grapple you in combat, that would mean using the grappling rules.

It still hurts, user.

I ain't no roundhead pleb.

It's laced with razor thread and she's got tough skin that doesn't get hurt by it. Plus hidden weaponry. If they're grabbing her hair, they're going to regret it one way or another.

Basically it's a trap for dipshits like you.

He's built to grapple, so initiating one is inviting him to turn it on them and pound their bones to gravel.

>pound their bones
>not their boypussy

>giving a shit about Chinzilla
kek

Congratulations, you've just locked yourself into place holding onto the character with Acromegaly. I'm sure your death was totally worth pulling on their hair.

If they're pretty enough, probably the latter before the former.

the opponent only has one hand left for protecting himself.
my character still has a thunderbolt wave spell in his left and a kopis in his right hand.

guess who just came into reach for nasty electrosecution damage

It's not gay if you beat them up afterwards.

You have ten seconds to justify grabbing someones hair in combat when that hand could instead be doing something actually useful.

It's a lewd game.

>It's not Gay if it's a trap/ has a feminine penis
FTFY

It's double gay in this case

Your character is an young boy and the only way he can express his crush on the opponent is by annoying them and pulling their hair.

It's cute.

/thread

>grabbing other guy's hair

full homo, just like OP

>Alexander the Great shaved off his beard and encouraged all his med to do so to, so that it could not be grabbed.

Huh guess that idiot got worked over something completely pointless.

Still got the shit raped back into their stomachs.

But I mean, why? I'd rather someone grabbed my hand/beard rather than use that hand to defend themselves or attack me somewhere that actually matters.

>pleb detected
Rome's value as a civilization came from being able to take and dish out big hits. What separated them, and other great civilizations, from the dustbin of history was the ability to bloody their nose - hell, to have their jaw broken - and keep fighting, until they eventually won, having adapted and overwhelmed their enemy.

She doesn't.

a removable wig to fool the attacker into completely wasting an action

fake swordhilt and belt pouch complete the outfit

>being this fucking stupid or having never been in a fight in their life

Do you know how fucked you are to have your head suddenly snap up and down while your scalp feels like it's splitting open? Do you know how easy it is to pull someone forward and topple over when their being pulled literally by the skin? If someone pulls you by the hair you are fucked. Swords will puncture your face or now exposed skull and now because you are off balanced your opponent will fuck you.

You are talking so much about using off-hand in combat but don't realise one deep stab to abdomen or neck will end the fight. Grabbing hands or beard/hair let opponent quickly move you into vulnerable position and strike you with a weapon.

>while your scalp feels like it's splitting open

Have you ever been pulled by the hair? I don't think you have. And what would make hair such a great place to pull you by as opposed to any other body part?

>Young boy Heroically saves remnant of town guards from annihilation by grabbing the Evil sorceress's hair before she could land her finishing blow, allowing them enough time to recover enough take the Sorceress to the ground and knock her out
>Nobody knows that the only reason the young boy did that was that he thought the magic lady was pretty and didn't know any other way to get her attention
>He didn't even realize that the gaurdsmen were in danger, he just thought it was some elaborate game.

>And what would make hair such a great place to pull you by as opposed to any other body part?
It opens up your head and neck the two most vulnerable targets on your body?

Character wasn't created for fighting, and can put her hair in a bun. Questions?

He ties the hair in a knot before leaving the house.

>Hair
>Easy to grab
If you're able to actually grab somebody's hair, you're probably close enough to just grab some of their clothing, their face, or, I don't know, you could have made contact with their head with like, a weapon.

Unless somebody's hair was WAAAAAYYYY long it's not really a big deal. Typically people were more concerned with actually trying to kill each other with spears and bows and shit than focusing on trying to exploit hair length in combat.

Every time you post the collective IQ of Veeky Forums falls.

Because he's a bard who hides behind a giant tree man barbarian when combat starts.

Also Hold Person.

This is now a dubs thread

"I dare you to try and pull my hair."

Get on your hands and knees, honey

If you're in melee range you're already within their horribly deadly combat aura. Starting a grapple just means you get to spend even longer with your skin melting off.

You are immune to a contact poison and cover the outer layers of your hair in oils soaked in said poison. Because every perceived vulnerability is secretly an attack waiting to happen.

Considering long hair and beards had been popular for centuries and remained popular for centuries among warrior classes that fought in much closer hand to hand combat than Alexander's forces, probably, yes. Assuming that that even happened and isn't later apocryphal stories or something you just made up.

You have 10 seconds to justify having flesh that can be cut by mere steel.

It is the standard in his society, and he is something else than just a warrior.

Also, as has already been noted, helmets exist.

that's just how good they are

he's a white haired witch

It keeps my inner Mr Skelengton warm and comfy

They're an Elf.

Brennus conquered Rome.

>Meanwhile in the Gallic wars Caesar goes over to German lands and beats the shit out of the to prove a point.
Actually no. He fought them inside Gaul. The victory was rather costly.

It keeps his neck warm in the -20 Celsius arctic.

If your opponent is close enough to reach around your head to pull your hair or to punch you in the face, you can,just stab them while they're trying to do so, since they lack a shield.

I mean, think of it this way. Instead of reaching an empty hand forward to tug a beard in hopes of stabbing a man, I could just hold a knife and stab his face, skipping a step.

As a bonus, I could actually block with the knife.

The "hair" conducts high voltage electricity, shocking any enemy that grabs it.

They are a criminal and find more value in not looking like a rebellious young person to police and security forces than in a theoretical weakness in a fistfight.

Because he wears a helmet.

>I could actually block with the knife
You never cease to amaze me

It's not the most obvious of her easily grabbable features. Not by a long shot.

Underrated post

But not for nothing. For Azeroth.

Parrying daggers are a thing, and you can certainly block better with a knife than you can with your empty hand.

You still haven't explained why 'tug the beard' is more viable than 'stab the face'

Based

Dude, do you know what blocking and parrying means?

>fake boobplate, too

t. someone who assumes real fights are the same as d20

Oh, sorry. I didn't know I was talking to an August. Let me try again.

A dagger, knife, or similarly sharpened short length of metal, has a possibility of deflecting or otherwise lessening the in page from an enemy's weapon being swung at you, provided it is the right sort of weapon and your dagger, knife, or sharp metallic tool is in the proper position to attempt such a maneuver. In this regard, it is more advantageous than having an open hand, consisting of five fingers and a palm, attempting to guard oneself from the harm inflicted by a weapon.

Satisfied? Or do I need to cite sources for blades not going through metal as well as hands?

He's a ranged character, if he's in melee range he's fucked, long hair or no.

Are these the same Romans who claimed Germania was bad territory full of not very useful resources, but then conquered Gaul, that was exactly the same Geographically?

Hair strands have lacerating rule.

>not protecting and preserving beauty
what are you, a retarded

That's cute.

Pulling them off balance, distracting them, pulling them in closer for a nastier blow, etc.