This is some sort of joke right? nobody actually enjoys this, r-right?

This is some sort of joke right? nobody actually enjoys this, r-right?

Other urls found in this thread:

boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/96848/mage-knight-board-game/files
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Plenty of people do.

Seems a bit confusing to me, but I play tabletops that probably look confusing to others too.

If people lIke it, I'm glad!

Obsessively not.
You need at the very lest the first expansion. Vanilla is way to basic, to short and to unbalanced.

>snail's pace of play
>byzantine rules and process
>takes a minimum of 7 hours

fuck this game

lol normies

Nice shitpost, retard. Go back to /v/ where you're cool for hating games.

There are people who claim to, but I don't believe them.

This is, without exaggerating, one of the worst games I have ever played. There's just no payoff satisfying enough for all the stuff you have to slog through. I'd rather play Mage Knight RAW than deal with TI3

>Mage Knight RAW

Please god no

I can appreciate the sheer scale of what it goes for, but after looking into it I've always felt like video games just do a better job.

Then again, a properly implemented digital version of TI3, automating all the bullshit, might actually be a pretty compelling 4x game on its own merit.

Nah, there are much better space 4X's already out there

I would. People enjoy all kinds of weird and confusing things.

Stick to Catan and leddit.

Bullshit. You are like the retards that think GURPS uses differential calculus.

I have taught complete newbies the game and generally get the games done at a pace of about an hour/player.

Yeah the game advance at a snail's pace if everyone turtles like morons doesn't actually try to go for objectives.

The rules are less complex than most editions of D&D.

The game is actually very modular, there's a bunch of optional rules you can chose to run (or not). It's fairly popular with my playgroup, but it's a game you have to clear a day for.

In my experience the game takes about the same number of hours as you have players, maybe double that if there are new players. I've finished a four player game in 2 and a bit hours, depends how soon the final objective flips.

Very much this. Not so much the basic and short bits, but the first expansion does a lot to fix the fundamental problems with the game (especially the imperial strategy card).

It's pretty fun if you play with people who don't get totally assblasted over not knowing every rule in the game.

Fear not OP! I've found the perfect game for you. The kind of intellectual challenge that you'll be able to puzzle over for weeks! I'm quite certain it's just your speed. It even says Neato! right on the packaging...

Play Exodus: Proxima Centauri, it's TI3 but 30 min. per player rather than 45-60 and far more euro-y without losing the political aspects as Eclipse does.

Oh, also, it supports two players (expac has a solo mode) and is actually good at every player count, unlike TI3, which is basically best at 4-5 on a two-ring galaxy using the star-by-star rules.

Every time I play this game someone almost gets into a fight.

Really? In my group we normally have a big laugh after someone gets a gigantic dicking. Even the guy that got dicked laughs about it.

My favorite is one where I got dicked.

>Playing Mentak
>Pirating it up, kicking ass, and taking booty
>Pull into a commanding lead as the first stage 2 objective hits
>Rest of table decides that it is pirate hunting season
>Xxcha player makes a Public Execution stick
>Hacan finances wave after wave of Letnev ships to come wreck my pirate ports
>Turn ends with my homeworld occupied and me having two pieces of plastic on the board, a cruiser and ground force holding a shithole 2 Resource/0 Influence planet.
>All I could do was pray for the Game Over stage 2 card before Hacan catches me to win.
>Fucking furry space jews win

Another funny one was...

>Playing Letnev
>Early game Winnu and Sol make a planet trading deal so both can score a military public objective
>Winnu player agrees to sacrifice first on the condition that Sol vacates on the first action next round and leaves the bare minimum for him to complete objective.
>Winnu player is a very "Letter of the Agreement" type and takes violations seriously
>Maneuver my fleet to strike at Sol
>Sol panics, forgets his agreement and moves to defend first
>Winnu jumps on Sol for violating their agreement
>mfw I start a war between allies by merely placing a fleet at my border.

twilight imperium is the shit dude

I just want to play it with some people who want to be there, you know? my roommate used to try so hard to get the normies in our D&D group to play it but they'd all get bored and bugger off after an hour or so.

>You are like the retards that think GURPS uses differential calculus.

Off-topic, but are there any games that actually use calculus or other forms of higher mathematics in their rules?

FATAL

>he hasn't played Campaign for North Africa

Fucking casuals and their casual ass games. Real men play a campaign out in real time with rules for Italian Spaghetti rations requiring more water than other country's rations

I mean, it's like you don't even want to keep track of 1800 tokens or something

forgot the picture

That's Fire in the East you FUCKING CASUAL

Late as fuck, but Hero can use log functions in some cases. Phoenix Commander goes all the way.

I'd actually give this game a shot with my room mate if it didn't require so many people. I guess I will have to stick with Rise & Fall of the Third Reich for now.

HERO doesn't actually need log functions, you can just use them if you want

GURPS, but only in some of the weirder supplementary material. Stay away from Vehicles.

I love TI but play it very rarely. This isn't for weekly game night.

>This is some sort of joke right? nobody actually enjoys this, r-right?
So, plebs can enjoy fucking sjw-RPGs, modern video""""games"""", mmo, garbage tv series, Cuck Snyder """"movies"""", cooperative board"""games""" and others crimes against humanity, but not TI? Kys, sheeple.

>yssaril on the table
evacuate the dancefloor

My fucking god, this might be one of the most obnoxious posts I have ever read.

Chivalry and Sorcery

It looks like an All-Stars game as Jol-Nar, Hacan, and Letnev are there too. Though who knows why Sol showed up.

Hurt ur feelings, tumblerina?

Not at all. I love the sort of heavy games the OP is decrying. But that single post is full of so many bullshit buzzwords and irritatingly pointless punctuation I felt I had to remark on it. It's a perfectly presented and utterly obnoxious statement.

It's also 100% a troll, but good craftsmanship deserves acknowledgement.

> adjanced asteroid fields
this triggers me

Its also 95-99% fact and you know it. Thank you for appreciation, by the way.

I'll give you Zack Snyder, but co-op boardgames are awesome, we're in a golden age of high quality series (New Voltron tomorrow, fuck yeah), 2016 gave us fucking Doom and MMOs are generally on the way out.

Also I've never seen anything I'd call a SJW-RPG beyond super niche indie titles which have bigger issues than pushing an agenda over being actually interesting or fun.

Or you could just play Eclipse like a sensible person. It offers the TI experience with elegant rules system. Fiddly bits and bookkeeping is the worst part of TI, everybody agrees on that.

>modern video""""games""""
Hey, there are a ton of good games out there, they're just not AAA titles.

>eclipse
>not having about as much fiddliness/hour
It's all about Exodus, dude.

>Also I've never seen anything I'd call a SJW-RPG beyond super niche indie titles which have bigger issues than pushing an agenda over being actually interesting or fun.
You forget that if a game portrays any trait gay relationship or the MC isn't bald space marine, it's a tumblr-tier SJW-bullshit and needs to be purged.

Shilling pretty hard to be a "fan", eh?

Exodus isn't on ongoing kickstarter and it's made by a bunch of poor-ass Romanians, they can't afford shills nor do I have any stake in it.

It's recommended you play it with two, five man teams but you can play it with two players

>t. Romanian

Is there some kind of better way to Mage Knight, and not what the book says, kind of confused by this.

This is some sort of joke right? nobody actually falls for this bait, r-right?

Oh man, I haven't played that since the 1990's!

I never got my hands on Second Front :(

Only took us 3½ hour to play a 4 player game. It was ok. Not awesome but it was a fun game.

I thought this for a bit, but eclipse removes almost all of the politics in favor of a cold war build up for a turn 10 apocalyptic war of plasma missile spam. It's fun one or two times, but doesn't really have much depth or intrigue. The board action resource system is really cool though

>Even the guy that got dicked laughs about it.
whilst holding back tears?

Our group's games tend to run around 1h10m per player.

Its very easy to learn, but the trick is trying to understand all the options available, and learning which ones are best.

Nah, you see my group actually has relatively mature adults as players who are capable of being good sports when losing and don't take the game so seriously that a backstab or fuckening ruins friendships.

And also know which optional rules to throw in the trash never to be used again, I'm looking at you Distant Suns and Space Mines.

We also have a few house rules that speed things up considerably.

1. One player is the "Caller and Master of Strategies." He keeps track of the turn order and calls who is next. He also manages Strategy cards, their bonus tokens, and any Laws that are passed.

2. One player is the "Flaggot." Also known as the Scorekeeper. He tracks who has completed which public objectives and maintains the scoreboard. He is named Flaggot due to using race flags to mark everything.

3. One player is the "Keeper of Cards and Tokens." He keeps all fiddly bits and distributes them and takes them back when used.

4. All negotiations take place at the table. No going to the other room to have a twenty minute jerk-off session with someone else while the rest of us wait for you to come back and take your fucking turn.

The fourth one especially speeds things up. We had a couple of guys that thought they were the reincarnation of Machiavelli and would have powwows every damn turn.

I recall seeing some kind of table top based on WW2 with a fuck huge map and a shit tonne of tables and stuff. Apparently you had to keep track of everything, supplies, ammo, fuel all that stuff, and turns would take like a few hours a side.

Still though...I'd consider taking a swing at trying to play it if it could be left somewhere it wouldn't be touched.

bump

>Six players
>Three rings

>and not what the book says
boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/96848/mage-knight-board-game/files

>Distant Suns
Just put the chits face-down on the planets and write an app to resolve settlement events.

>4. All negotiations take place at the table. No going to the other room to have a twenty minute jerk-off session with someone else while the rest of us wait for you to come back and take your fucking turn.
This isn't fucking diplomacy with its simultaneous actions your group shouldn't have ever done this in the first place.

There's two, Fire int he East and Campaign for North Africa.