The empire wins the battle of endor

>The empire wins the battle of endor.
>Palpatine is still killed by darth vader.

How would this change the setting?

The Galaxy becomes Medieval Europe as Moffs everywhere form petty kingdoms.

So basically the actual lore of Post-Endor Star Wars, only without the New Republic.

>Oh shit, we don't have an Emperor. Now what?
>Well, we don't really need this planet-busting superweapon when the same thing can be done with a fleet of star destroyers, so let's just use it as a tourist attraction.

Would the Death Star become the equivalent of Kyoto in Shogun: Total War?

There's one outcome I can see being actually succesful for the empire though
>Someone from the 'inner circle', the next big guy after the emperor and Vader, takes over the entire ring
>He and a very close ring of confidants (among whom the imperial guard (those guys in red, right?)) keep the emperor's death a secret
>The empire is run by a sort of shadow government that pretends the emperor is alive
>With all the evidence quickly taken care of due to the destruction of the death star, nobody can prove them otherwise (even those who claim they knew the emperor was on board can be told he was evacuated in the nick of time. And let's be honest, why wouldn't he?)

The confirmed death of Vader (he isn't showing up on the battlefield anymore, which is a big deal) would probably mean a significant blow to the "Empire", but it would not lead to collapse as long as the lie can be held up long enough for a plausible successor to show up right before the emperor "peacefully died in his sleep".

>Implying there's something wrong with the Empire fracturing into a hundred independent governments

Sure, it isn't as good a life as it was with a single unified Galaxy, but this presents endless tabletop setting opportunities for intrigue, conquest and exploration.

Wait, scratch that: I'm a moron. The Empire winning the battle of Endor would also mean the survival of the new Death Star. I guess that makes things a lot more difficult, as the entire crew of the death star (the size of a small moon, so it could literally be a million men) would start wondering where the emperor went and his 'inner circle' would probably in an entirely different system.

I imagine it would go down something like this.

>Lord Vader declares himself the regent of the Galactic Empire until a successor for the Emperor is chosen
>In the meantime he takes Luke in as his new apprentice and right hand man
>This does not sit well with several Moffs, Admirals, and Governors
>Not well at all
>A string of secession fragments the Empire into a number of nation-states run by former Imperial brass
>They range in size from a handful of systems to entire sectors
>Vader still holds a serious chunk of the Empire though, and consolidates his power on Coruscant
>Probably keeps the Death Star parked in orbit over it too
>Except when it's being used to intimidate rebels back into the Imperial fold of course
>Meanwhile, Luke is growing stronger in the Dark Side, flying around the galaxy in a sweet new Imperial ship doing commando missions and sometimes leading troops in battle
>Rebellion remnants may link up with former Imps in some situations, but for the most part we're talking Imperial hardware vs Imperial hardware
>Vader's first move after consolidating power would be to conquer and hold Kaut so as to maintain his fleets and replace lost destroyers.
>If he can hold Kaut, Coruscant, and retain the Death Star the galaxy is his within a decade

Kuat

>Everyone and their cyborg father vies for control of the Death Star
This too.
Man, I'd be hyped to make this a setting after putting a fresh coat of paint on it. There only being one Jedi left also means Force Sensitives aren't gods anymore because training is hard.
Probably run it in Saga or SW d6.

The fact the Emperor died is what made Endor so consequential. Even the destruction of the DSII didn't matter as much in comparison. The Emperor drew a Rebel force with superior numbers in for a trap and inflicted heavy losses in the actual battle, and even if they won it, the Emperor's death would still make it a defeat. The Rebellion didn't win because of military victories or power, they won because Vader chose to sacrifice himself and kill the Emperor, which caused the Empire to break up into numerous small powers that fought each other as much as they fought the rebels. That is why the Rebellion won.

>Luke is growing stronger in the Dark Side, flying around the galaxy in a sweet new Imperial ship doing commando missions and sometimes leading troops in battle
would these troops and commando missions include him running across a certain red headed imperial agent?

would the survivors of rogue squadron still be rebelling if luke was the #2 man in the empire and vouched for the empire? hell, how much of the remnants of the rebellion would cave if luke skywalker, hero of the rebellion, started talking about potential internal reforms?

I'm going to assume the following:
>Vader is still redeemed in the process of killing the Emperor, but dies shortly afterwards as per the movie
>The Rebel Alliance's navy and military is effectively destroyed in the battle, along with all of the big names - Han, Leia, etc, with the exception of Luke

Luke provides evidence of the Emperor's death and his parentage, assumes control of the Empire, and starts working with the remains of the Rebel Alliance's political wings to dismantle the Empire and return it to a republic. Moffs ain't having that shit and start to break away, carving out their own petty fiefs. Similarly, other third party players like the Hutts begin clawing out as much territory as they can.

Luke, who is still suseptable to the Dark Side due to his training being incomplete, now has to try and keep all of this in line. The Rebel military is gone, and the Imperial military is fractured and may be unwilling to follow his instructions. But he does have the new Death Star. It'd be interesting to see if he'd use it - even just for intimidation.

I'd learn Saga just to play in that setting for the reasons I gave here

Luke's training was complete after facing down Papa and Palps.

Why wouldn't Vader just declare himself the new Emperor? That was his plan at Cloud City, and by Sith rules he was Palpatine's heir.

Vader, Luke and Leia create some kind of Skywalker-hybrid-Empire-Rebellion government while trying to take out all remaining Rebel/Empire hardliner remnants?

>imagine a world where all the force users live in harmony
>i wonder if you can
>no more jedi
>no more sith

What if Darth Vader survived the end of it and was still redeemed?

I have a hard time imagining anybody would forgive him.

Does this mean that Luke and Vader can have some father-son bonding

Old hermit on a mountaintop somewhere, filled with shame and regret.

There was a comic that was breddy good that was sorta this.
Dawn of the Jedi I think it was.

Wait, wouldn't that mean that IG-88A's brain would have been uploaded to the Deathstar 2's main computer? And it would now be in charge of the whole station?

Also: The droid revolution would now be underway as well.

Even Darth Vader would have a hard time forgiving himself.
If he survived, I bet he would be as violent as ever, a blood knight still, even if he sided with the rebels.

>Vader still saves Luke
>Luke assumes his place by Vader's side as Vader reforms into Master Anakin Skywalker, the Jedi Emperor
>Anakin and Luke cruise around the galaxy fucking up the Moffs until the Empire is banished from the core worlds and Anakin re-establishes the Republic
>Anakin dies from old age
>The Senate vote to disassemble the Death Star as part of the peace deal with the Imperial Remnant
>Luke starts a Jedi academy which ends catastrophically, leading into the events of Episode 7: The Force Awakens

Good fucking job, you literally changed nothing.

>Vader still dies, right?
>how does luke get off the DS?
>Luke vs Imperial Royal Guards?
>Also the drone from the Bakura system reaches DS II.

Nice twist!!!

>implying that balkanization is good

Thrawn saga, except Thrawn wins.

Thrawn wasn't defeated because of the New Republic military forces, so I don't see why it would matter if the rebel fleet had been decimated on Endor.

I dunno they let him become a good force ghost so it could be possible

Vader would still get killed by Sheev's lightning though