That one guy that brings zero (0) snacks 2 sessions in a row

>that one guy that brings zero (0) snacks 2 sessions in a row

>He eats during the session instead of breaks
>He doesn't go Dutch on snacks

Maybe he's just concerned about how much you all have become fat fucks and doesn't want to contribute in the early deaths of his favorite gaming group? Maybe he is concerned for your health?

As long as he doesn't eat your snacks, I don't see why he should be forced to bring some for you.

>that guy never brings snacks
>First to say "Do we have anything to eat?"when you didn't bring anything because you're tired of feeding the stupid fuck.

>that guy who cherrypicks the good nuts out of the bar mix leaving behind a bowl of peanuts he's fingered.
>exlusively plays high charisma female elven sorcerors

Is it okay if I'm infrequent in bringing beer/snacks when I'm the DM?

>Be DM
>never have to buy or bring food unless I want to

>eating during the session

There are three jobs at the table.
Feeding the group,
Hosting the group,
and GMing for the group.

There used to be the fourth job of supplying the rulebooks, but now everyone has the rules on their laptop/phone or doesn't even care.

Host usually pulls double duty of GMing or cooking in my experience, but if you're doing any one of these things, I count you paid up.

Nothing wrong with that. My group moves two inches then starts arguing bout something retarded for half and hour. So plenty of time to eat.

Easy fix: instead of bringing snacks, order pizza (or some other delivery food) & have everyone pitch in. This is what my group does and a lack of food has yet to become an issue. When it comes down to the cost, if everyone pitches in there shouldn't be a problem. If you can't muster $5-10 you may be a failure as an adult.

What if I brought the blow?

For those of you who are unaware, running something like Degenisis all coked out is ridiculous. We usually do it with a "squad" of guys trying to complete multiple objectives to a) make it more combat heavy, and b) deal with how high mortality combat is.

It's retarded and super fun.

We've spend far more time worldbuilding and getting caught up building stupid shit like a multi-kingdom milk monopoly as a result.

Coke. It makes you creative!

I bring twice what people eat. This allows the host to have a bunch later.

>tfw my ideal gaming experience would involve me having a large house, a game room/basement with a small kitchen/bar and a lot of homemade snacks I could serve my guests
>alternatively the DM has that huge house and I show up early, preparing snacks for my friends while he's still finishing up his preparations
>tfw no gaming group nor friends

Snacking is degenerate

>getting your cheetoh dust all over the cards/pieces/whatever the fuck game you're playing

go make another youtube video mrs skeltal

I never understood the appeal of snacking. Don't eat if you're not hungry and eat properly if you are. What's nibbling on snack foods going to satisfy?

It tastes good?

>That subhuman who thinks he's allowed to bring food into my gaming dungeon

You may have one tumbler glass of whisky with or without ice but it will stay inside the drink holder and you will only drink it or fill it when it is someone else's turn to play. Any spills result in me taking the hot coathangers to your ass.

>tumbler
[triggered]

But it doesn't. It's either the blandest stuff in the world, or it's like real food except there's not enough of it.

Then again, I do pass about three litres of various beverages through my system every day. Maybe I'm just too lazy to chew outside of mealtime.

I'll bring you a basket of apples

Bitches love apples

Players are responsible for their own snacks and food. Only if two or more people in the group have a special agreement amongst each other that they share this duty between them does this become a concern, but only for those people.

so what? don't snack, faggot.

So are traditional games. Browsing mongolian moving scroll websites are degenerate too for the record, as well as just about anything fun

maybe he's on a cut

If you're eating anything other than vicodin and drinking anything other than 5 hour energy shots poured in a mixture of grape soda, vodka, and crushed ice you don't know shit about gaming.

I snack on Popeye's family meals. Fight me, nigger.

I only drink coke and occasionally eat some paprika chips. That's heaven for me whether I'm gaming, hobbying or just chilling.

I see no problem in people only snacking/drinking when it's someone else's turn.
Who the fuck eats and drinks while speaking?

Popeye's is garbage tier greasechicken, at least get the "Mommy said I was extra good this week" bucket from KFC before she drops you off so your gaming bros know they're dealing with an official good boy.

>Drinking soda

Fucking disgusting. "Big Gulp" 5 litre mug of diabetes because your unhealthy lardass cannot stop guzzling pop like your life depended on it (and, ironically, it kind of does - just the opposite of what your soda junkie mind believes.).

Cue the inevitable spill of the flimsy cup and you get a fortune's worth of gaming accessories stickier than your dad's gunk. Fuck soda. Drink alcohol for the mood or water for the hydration, but bring filthy pop fizz to my table and prepare to gulp that shit down outside.

If the snacks are shared between all members then yes, it's a shitty thing to do. If he keeps doing that even when he knows he should bring snacks when all snacks are shared, then he's either kicked from the group or he's not getting any snacks that session unless he brings some.
But the best choice of all is for every individual party member to bring his own snacks.

>KFC
>in 2017

Fuck no.

KFC is overpriced garbage trash, a shadow of it's former glory.

>Walk in with the Good Boy Bucket
>Everyone thinks you're a good boy
>Teleport around the table and kill them all one by one because you're secretly a bad boy

Nothing personnel, scrubs.

>soda
>pop
Burger culture is cancer.

>brings up KFC
>thinks he has ANY RIGHT to call ANYTHING ELSE "greasechicken"

Non-burger here, but burger culture IS your culture if you live anywhere in the West.

Wow you really sound like a blast to play with

Maybe don't bring people retarded enough to SPILL THEIR DRINK? "Inevitable" like it's some sort of magic, shit, spill any drink in my home, including water and you'll get some bad looks from me. Like, nigga, have some fucking manners around someone else's home.

Oh and I don't think it matters whether someone drinks soda other than you. If you don't drink it, it's enough for you to be healthy, if other people want to drink that stuff, it's their own choice.
Being the fuckface that's so expressively against what other people are drinking, I don't think you're going to have any players to bring at your table. But then again, if a retard spills his drink, especially soda, at you own table and ruins everything, then I think I would be just as butthurt as you.

And just what the fuck do you call it, Mr. From-An-Irrelevant-Country?

Coke.
In some places Soda refers to just bubbling water, in others, it means Coke. Pop in some places means Sprite, in other places it means Coke.
It's fucking Coke or Pepsi.

>mfw I always drink cherry juice and "accidentally" spill it whenever I think someone is unfairly beating me

That guy much?

>Like, nigga, have some fucking manners around someone else's home.

What in the shit does spilling something have to do with manners? It's not like it's a bad habit or some shit, people are just as averse to spilling shit in their own homes as anywhere else.

>not making your group eat a bowl of eggs
Bitches love eggs

>There used to be the fourth job of supplying the rulebooks, but now everyone has the rules on their laptop/phone or doesn't even care.
Would you still count it if multiple people don't even have a PHB?
I tend to buy the DM any modules he interested in, and while we have 4 players, we have 3 phbs, 3 MMs, and 3 volos, including the DMs copies. One guy doesn't even have dice, but i just gave my brother, his roommate and dm, another set that he lets him use, so it didn't make it awkward that i gave a guy i met 2 sessions ago a gift. This was now 1 year ago

Accidents happen bro.

Source: My birth.

>Buying RPG books

Literally why?

I mean, unless you have the Collector bug.

I don't know what the fuck you're on about. Pop and soda are both generic terms where they're used, and Coke as a generic term is pretty solidly Southern US. What kind of fucked-up country are you from?

People are more careful around alcohol. It's more expensive and usually comes in sturdier containers than a plastic cup with a plastic lid. Soda is a dime a dozen, people tend to give less of a shit since it constitutes as a superfluous snack instead of something more valuable. And when it spills, the quantity is much larger than a small bottle of beer or half a glass of wine.

In my country we are have two type drink. Water from well and milk of goat. Some may have milk of woman brest but that many rares.

Only if they don't pay attention to not spill their drink. Speaking about myself here, I spill my drink in my own home because I just don't care, I'll just wash off and clean up myself, but I don't mind.
When I'm at a friend's place I don't place the drink beside me or on the table because that's where we play at, most of my friends keep their drinks right on the gaming table and spills happened because they didn't pay attention and kept it in the playing area, an area in which we move a lot, shit's happening there. I just keep the glass on another table beside me where the only interaction I have with that table is by taking the glass, drinking from it and placing it back, I can't knock it down and I can't reach it immediately. That's fucking manners.

If we were having a chitchat for a coffee, then yes, the cups would stay in front of us because the only thing we do is talk and drink so there's no other interaction around the drinks like with a game for example.

I don't like reading on a monitor/phone.
If i had a kindle i'd consider a digital copy, but i'm fine with books.

We kinda have a non-official no-phones thing anyway, when we first started it was an issue and so everyone was asked to not use it unless they needed to. Now its no big deal if someone uses one, since they are more conscious of it.

You keep trying to bring up my country like it's something wrong with it. As much as you know, I might live in Murrica as well. Or fucking Sudan. So let's keep that out of the question because it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

And yes, they're generic terms but mean different things depending on the state that you're in. I've been in a few other places in the US and happened to come across people that referred to different drinks (other than coke) as either soda or pop.

>He won't say where he's from

Confirmed for third world. Have a Coke and a smile and watch this drive.

They are outliers. All three are generic wherever they prevail, and Coke is objectively the worst generic term.

Why are you so ashamed of your country, though?

I'm pretty neutral to my country. Just a huge believer that nationalism isn't beneficial to me or anyone else. I won't derail the thread with this so I'll just end with that.

I fail to see how any discussion of regional colloquialisms and terminology is inherently nationalism.

Well, don't bitch about "burger culture" when you use a burger term, and the worst one at that. At least have the common decency to say "soft drink" like a Commonwealth fag.

for

In my group there's one guy who rarely eats anything but brings a ton of food and chips in when buy some. He does drink a lot of our alcohol though. I kinda feel like shit about it but I can't make him eat.

I'm that guy. I buy way more food than I should for everyone else, then I don't eat anything and rarely take anything home unless I'm too drunk to make myself something and know it. I buy all my own booze though too.

I don't mind it, the only thing that irks me is the people who fill their fat faces and don't say thank you or bring anything. At least say thanks, that's fucking common courtesy you CHUDs.

Not the topic itself wasn't nationalistic, but the desire to know more information about my country like it had anything to do with it. By providing this kind of information it brings up a label or a set of generic labels about the poster (me) when in fact if it has nothing to add to the subject, only derails it. It's quite a reason why we're all anons here. We give up our names and identities so we don't judge eachother based on what we think about the other poster, only by his/her post.

You're right, I think soft drink is a better term when referred to multiple types of drinks, but coke only refers to Coca-Cola, they even write Coke on some labels.

I always thank the guy and get him drinks. Nothing fucks me off more then people who don't say thanks when you went out of your way for them.

Nobody here is talking about Coca-Cola in specific except you.

Then I am indeed retarded.
I've always known Coca-Cola as Coke and nothing else.

I have the collector bug, I can't stop buying things. Please help.

> that one guy who has physical sessions wih his friends
> that one guy who has sessions with his friends
> that one guy who has sessions
> that one guy
My life in a nutshell.

>tfw compulsively collecting old AD&D Planescape shit

This stuff is so fucking expensive god damn.

>cant be few hours without snacks

How fucking fat must you be, fucking christ

Buy your own food you fucks

To be honest mate, I'm DMing at my own place, so I usually provide the eats.

If you all usually pool your snacks, then that nigga best be ready to go hungry though.

When I used to game with real live people, we used to take a break half way through. We would walk down the the taco shop a couple blocks away, get carne asada fries or a big burrito, and pay for ourselves.

I miss San Diego.

So you are telling me you are eating during gameplay? Not before, not after, but during it?

I mean sure, dinner together before/after the game, because we are saving time/it will be too late after getting home to eat. But eating some shit during the game? What? You gonna husk sunflower seeds, while people are playing?

Our group luckily has had the same dynamic going for us for the past four years, so we have these roles down pretty hard.

>Steve comes over and handles the pre-game grocery shopping.
>I host at my place and run the games.
>Deshawn buys booze. Steve doesn't drink and won't buy it, so Deshawn handles it.
>Jeremy doesn't have a job and we don't host at his place, so his role is "Errand Bitch". If we forget anything, he runs out to fetch it.
>Linda spearheads the cooking for the group based on what we've bought.

Everything works out pretty well between all of us, and we never complain about our roles.

We always play at the DM's house and he is the one who buys the food.

>not treating every session as snack-free unless someone decided to bring something nice because they wanted to, not because of social obligation

>sunflower seeds
Top slav.

My new years resolution is to lose the excess weight I put on over the last couple of years. That means less calorie intake, and no snacking.

Damnit, I host, DM, put on food, I have all the rulebooks, I have booze, I'll even share my pot if you ask nice.

My group left 'cause I started to burn out and my performance suffered.

Ironically perhaps my first few sessions made their expectations too high; I had some great hand made modular content that I'd had prepared for ages, but we burnt through it quick.

>that one guy that brings zero (0) wine bottles 2 sessions in a row

But the old paper smells so fucking good user....

Thats okay. I'm hosting, so I used the opportunity to cook anyway!

Today I have Beef and Bacon pie, with shredded brussel sprouts on the side. Its already cooked, we just have to put the pie in the oven for 20 min to heat it up and reheat the sprouts.

I still have home made truffles from last week for dessert or for sweet snacks. They can melt on your fingers a bit and are covered in cocoa powder, so those are not for the table.

If you are hungry when you get here I have hummus and pita, or mixed nuts.

So get yourselves something to drink (I have green tea and cider, if you wanted beer you should have brought your own. The scotch is for special occasions only) and sit down. Who wants to recap what happened last session, before we begin?

>that guy who brings cheap junk food and greasy pizza

>Not having a good meal before the session

Better than Eurabian culture, habibi.

this is how i host as well, but i supply alcohol. i don't get why so many neckbeards on here are mad about the snack situation. if you can't afford to feed your players consistently just make it clear.
telling people the situation is a polite and healthy way to interact with others. the only reason not to do this is literal autism

>that one guy that brings zero (0) hookers 2 sessions in a row

>need a 4th
>hire a hooker
>yfw best player

This looks fine except for the horse anus sausage.

You're not supposed to eat when you play you fat fuck.

>that guy that always brings at least 2 pounds of snacks
>that guy that always buys the spiciest shit he can find so that everyone except him will deeply consider if he is really hungry enough to eat something

IT WAS ME, MR."C"
I WAS THAT GUY ALL ALONG

>she's been training to rp her whole career
>no problem with magical realm shit
>plays purely for flavor, no min max
>has maternal instinct cuz daddy problems but no problem calling other pcs out on pussy shit
checks out user

That's why it's fun.

Pussy, my diet consists of anticoagulants, a full cup of mixed mental health medications, and fish tank rocks, washed down with an entire bottle of Swifer wet jet wood cleaning solution.

don't do this it makes mustard gas