Is there a worse fan base than 40k/AoS. The amount of autism surrounding it is like nothing I've ever seen before

Is there a worse fan base than 40k/AoS. The amount of autism surrounding it is like nothing I've ever seen before.

This is a recent thing too, I started collecting back in 99 and everything was great, you could go to any store and have a good time, now I rarely go to a store as the players in there are unbearable.

I've seen people literally lose their shit and throw stuff about because a space marine was a slightly different shade from what the chapter actually was (an imperial fist with a darker yellow scheme). Tables get flipped, models thrown and tears when an opponent has won.

Why do people treat it like their little child instead of just enjoying the hobby as a whole? I like what GW is doing recently but it's the playerbase that is stopping me from jumping in feet first.

Has anyone else had experiences like this or am I on my own with my feelings?

Furries is far worse, so are the sonic nintendo fan base

>Fanbase worse than Warhammer 40k
>Chris-Chan

You just grew up.

Your picture references the living embodiment of everything bad about the sonic and nintendo fanbases, so I'll go with at least those two

>being this new

40k was always shit. Hell, all GW games, new and old, are all festering piles of shit.

>things were better back in my day

You we're just as bad as everyone else, and you fucking know it. We all are. There's not a person here who hasn't,through GW, had an autistic moment.

Who hurt you user?

It's not your fault.

Op here. Think what you will but I have always enjoyed the games but I will admit they took a dip after 5th ed.

>you we're just as bad as everyone else.
Cool projection bro. I have honestly never lost my shit for losing, or because someone else has painted their tiny spacemen whatever colour they wanted.

I'm not denying there weren't people back in the day that were dickheads, but the number of autists has grown exponentially in recent years.

Yeah I kind of realised that as I posted the picture.

Alright, what happened to make you want to post this? Did someone drop their spaghetti at your local store? Some new guy? Your group fall apart over asinine shit? Or are you taking Veeky Forums (or any other board for that matter) as an accurate representation of the fanbase as a whole?

Only been playing half as long as you, I must confess, but I've never in my life actually met someone in the hobby that was like that. There are some unsavory characters, but even the skinheads that went to my local store were okay dudes.

This is what I've witnessed through various mediums such as here, online forums, Facebook groups and in person at stores. I just got tired of seeing people sperg out at each other over nothing and I honestly have no idea why it's happening more frequently these days.

Granted not every single lgs will be a festering hive of dickheads, but from my experience in the north west of England and online things are getting ridiculous. It would appear you can't enjoy any prt of the hobby without someone spitting their dummy out over something.

You'll have shitty vocal people of any fanbase op. How you haven't realised this is beyond me.

Read my posts again user. I'm not disputing there aren't shitty people. My problem is the amount has increased dramatically over recent years.

In your opinion. Maybe you notice more in recent years as the internet has drawn in more people so you can see the worse parts easier. This is same with alot of shit. People were doing cringy shit in the 80s yet there wasn't internet around so you were exposed to it as much then now where you can find huge complications of the stuff.

*Compilations
Sorry im kinda tipsy right now

Perhaps, but the internet has been around longer than a couple of years, which is when I have noticed this climb. Also the internet doesn't explain the increase in actual stores.

Who knows though, maybe my disdain for people has just reached an all time high.

Yeah but the Internet hasn't been continously the same. Back earlier days less people knew about this niche hobby so you had less of a gauge on the people. Now days you have access to the Internet nearly constantly with smart phones. And I guess personal experiences are just that, personal. They dont dictate how the entire fanbase is in my opinion.
These are just what I think is going on but hey what's the internet without shoving your opinions down someone else's throat.

I'd say infinity's fanbase is worse.
Since it's entire player base coffee shop hipsters with beards

>I started collecting in 99
I started collecting in the 80s and the 90s were shit, after 3rd and 4th edition of 40k everything became super corporate and the games workshops only cared about getting money from the kids.

But it's ok because that is what they should be doing, you've just grown up and have realised that playing with little army men can be kinda sad. Find a local group your own age instead.

I work abroad quite a lot and used to go into the local games workshops when I was travelling, mainly so I could play against a wider player base and test my lists etc. I had to stop doing this (in the English speaking countries predominantly) because of how awful the stores have become. I used to love going in and the atmosphere was always great. Now it's all spotty teens arguing about how their primarch is the best etc etc.

It's at the point now where I don't even enjoy playing warhammer anymore and I only buy the models to paint. I prefer games like x-wing or AVP now, although the player bases for those games can be equally autistic too.

>I started collecting back in 99 and everything was great, you could go to any store and have a good time, now I rarely go to a store as the players in there are unbearable

you used to be one of those players, you grew up user

You assume I was a child when I started collecting? I was 26 in 1999.

>witnessed through various mediums
Ah okay. I understand
See user, there were always players this bad even in 99. What changed wasn't that the players became worse
It's that you can now read upon it more easily. How many of these spergs have you seen in person? How many of these autistic fits did you have the honour of seeing in person and how many did you only read about?
It's the same as "in my time the military was disciplined" and "this is the most violent era"
It was always this bad
You just didn't see it before

>Is there a worse fan base than 40k/AoS

You've never taken a glance at /pfg/, have you?

>I've seen people literally lose their shit and throw stuff about because a space marine was a slightly different shade from what the chapter actually was (an imperial fist with a darker yellow scheme).

I'll take, "Things That OP Made Up" for $200.

K m8

You know what, fuck you OP.

Denying that you were ever bad, or ever had stressful moments caused by playing or discussing games with your peers, is a stunted and backwards way of thinking.

We've All had autistic moments, because otherwise we wouldn't be here, on an internet image posting shit hole, complaining about this, that and the other.

By your rose tinted logic, there was some how a golden age of the hobby, when the reality as you point out is, regardless of where you go or who you game with, there will always be a base level of fucking awful hobbyists.

>implying anyone plays those Kikestarter jokes of games
>AVP especially

Those board games are almost exclusively for Grognards who enjoy "collecting" games and not actually playing them. Last I checked, Kickstarter were a fucking double edged sword, as people are almost always stuck in a limbo of "waiting for my pledges to be sent out/delivered" and refusing to buy any that hit the store shelves because of that.

Hell, ill go further, kickstarter is a fucking joke because I can literally walk into any LFGS and buy a copy of Zombiecide black plague, without having had any of the stress of backing it, reading producer updates, or worrying about shipping costs. It's there for me to pick up and play, without needing any of the sorry extras you faggots enjoy

Fuck everything

And fuck you OP

I am so sick and tired of people starting a post with "I began collecting in the 90's/80's/70's" and appealing as an authority figure.

No one gives a Fuck how old you are. Unless you wrote the first edition of D&D, Rogue Trader, invented the fucking ZX Spectrum or the keyboard tie, why the fuck do you think it matters when you got into the hobby.

Being ten years older than someone else on here, 38 to someone's 28, doesn't matter in the fucking slightest. Get over yourself

Maybe Veeky Forums itself is a cancer fan base full of people who don't play games

Kek, maybe don't play with man babies who can't handle the bantz. Now fuck off

I think this is definitely the case.

Shouldn't you be doing your homework kiddo?

at least they know enough social ettiquette to not start foaming about everything they dont like

Not the ones i know.

questionable

It's not uncommon to find a thread or discussion get swamped by one retard going on about infinity being the superior game system (and how dare you play or enjoy [non infinity game]). It's fanbase is occupying the same spot warmachine's was in the early '00s, in that a fun alternative game starts gaining traction in the US of A and some of the fanboys become real obnoxious cunts about it.

And you can't criticize Corvus bellei

Even if they are faggots who focus to much on LTS

If you even criticize the competive mindset of Infinity your fucking dead

>everyone has had an autistic moment

P sure this is a board wide thing.

Too a degree the fanboys are really only like infinity just to show a display of snobbery over mostly 40K but also other games like Bolt Action.

It's all "look at how overly complex MUH GAME is that means, i'm more superior to you AND WE HAS THE PRETTIEIS MODELS AND IT'S LOW MODEL COUNT"

Infinity is like a table top game with video game mechanics

They really should make a game for it

Aren't most of their unit stats only availible through a digital format so you have to have a computer near by for the game, which kind goes against why i play minature games ya know to get away from computers

It's low model count but you might need to buy others to change your army format

FUCKING THIS

An Infinity vidya would be godlike but nooooooo Covus Bellli cares for much table top

The RPG is a good example of how CB can't into expansion

so not really that low model count just that you'll end up owning models you don't want.

> Complain about autism
> Chris chan
The 30k group I know is pretty chill though

Or ignoring any local metas, or purchasing one of every model / unit, or multiples there of for the hard counters and tournament lists.

I swear to Christ these games start off fun, and then before you know it, you're being told that the only way to play is to have a total collection of every possible combination of factions and tactics.

>30k
>not Forgeworld Priviledge Dads

Fuck off faggot

/this
God i know the person who fucking does this.
He did this to me with 40k and i resisted i play the list i wanted and did very well with it.
But with infinity, god he was fucking insufferable with what list you should have.

China exists

And this gives you power over me?

That mentality is everywhere.

When the tabletop renaissance kicked off, we saw Warmahorde faggot tourney players jump to Infinity, and repeat their cancer there.

Now they've jumped to Guild Ball, which as far as im concerned they can fucking have.

Table top is just over glorified video games now

Both communities at least here seem extremely the same

Wow what a fucking revelation. It's almost like people growing up in the 90's, spoilers, might play tabletop And video games.

Kill yourself

OH GOD guild ball has it's share of douche's but they are mild compared to the infinity fags.
To the point at the club i was a member of, the guild ball players really pissed off a lot of new people attending the club because they were just so Agreesive trying to get people to play guild ball, hell i gave it go but didn't enjoy it and they were just couldn't stand being told i didn't enjoy the game that you like.

/v/ has better memes

Proof that user is a faggot.

Yes but it doesn't give you the right to turn Veeky Forums into /v/ culture

What's up with those filenames? They look strange.

Yes
Much worse.
40K has quite an amount of shit, it's popular in the fedora-wearing neckbeard crowd, but there's still sonic, bronies, underfags, Adventure time, harry potter solely because it's all really fucking extreme fangirls for some reason, every moba, the 5 people who still like call of duty, the 6 people who still go on about call of duty, Star trek fanfiction just for literally creating the mary sue
There's a lot of shit. 40K has some bad stuff, but there's some great community stuff too. You can't really say that about sonic.

40k is objectively a destructive fandom and needs to be treated like the monster it is.

You skipped Inuyasha.