/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

Warhammer 40k has comforted me in my darkest hours edition

>THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER OKAY STOP ASKING FOR IT REEEEEEE
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Be wary of Alpharius)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/714351.page
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm going to play my first 40k game this weekend at LGS. What should I expect.

Merry Slanneshmas everyone

Suggestions to use washes.

Expect to fuck up a lot, and get everything wrong, but you will get better

I believe in you :3

Unbased minis = unfinished minis

Is this list any good? I am going to use it in a casual game today.
>inb4 GTFO Tau fag

I love the fact that it's really infantry based.

And I love you user

Rate my fluffy Dark Eldar list

Why are reavers not troops for faster elves

I usually go for either good balance between suits and infantry or just go with a lot of infantry in general. I am going to try and use the Kauyon tactic in surrounding the enemy while my foot troops bait him/hold objectives

I love you to user

How modular are the Tyranid kits? I want to make some Biologis monsters for my Admech to be Kastelans and Cybernetica once IA14 comes out, as well as hordes of Rending cultists for 30k Militia, and I decided to get some Crypt Ghouls and Stormvermin, modify a bit and add some Admech and Nids parts. Does the 12 gant box come with 12 of each gun, and if I was to get the Armoured Assault box for them would that be a good bits supply for the project? Ideally want a couple big bio-guns, some of the largish claws and lots of misc stuff.

Take Revenant Titan instead of knights.

Pls rate

1500 Khorne Daemonkin

HQ
-Daemon Prince, 160
+Daemonic Flight, 40
+Warp-forged Armor, 20
+Goredrinker, 30
+Collar of Khorne, 15
+Ichor Blood, 5
Total, 270

Troops
-2xChaos Space Marines, 130
+2 marines, 30
+9xCCW, 18
+Lightning Claw, 15
+2xMelta gun, 20
+Icon of Wrath, 20
Total, 233 (466)

Dedicated Transports
-2xChaos Rhinos, 35
+Dozer Blade, 5
+Havoc Launchers, 12
Total, 52 (104)

Fast Attack
-3xFlesh Hounds, 240

Heavy Support
-3xMaulerfiend, 390
+Lasher Tendrils, 30
Total, 420

Complete total, 1500

Does anyone happen to have the PDF of compiled planetary rules from WoM and CotW?

>Does the 12 gant box come with 12 of each gun

Yes.

>Big bio-guns and claws

Not really what you're getting from the box, though Devourers might be big enough for what you want. You could probably use Spinefists for claws I guess.

How good are Alpha Legion? I'm looking at what little lore they have and I really like the aspect of having an army full of 007s.

Just play world eaters

That's a lot of daemons and daemonic engines to work well in a WE list.

Infiltrating special weapons is pretty cool.

Infiltrate everything, lots of special weapons in their face turn 1.

The infiltrating special agents aspect along with the multiplying cultist mob they get are both really cool. They're definitely one of the better Traitor Legions.

The only thing you can't get are dogs. Isn't there a formation for that anyways?

Wouldn't play against

While that's true, the fact is that those units are better in KDK than they are in WE

World Eaters can't get Goredrinker either.

>conscripts
>i3
>orks
>i2

>Why are reavers not troops for faster elves
better question: why are jetbikes troops for slow elves

Does anyone know which army the 'Castellans of the Imperium' formation is under on Battlescribe? I can't find it anywhere.

So, i know that skyhammer is cheese, but given that i'll be facing knights, riptides and other bullshit i feel its a lesser evil.
i have another 2 lists, one with plas bikers and a capt and the other with more feet on the ground.
Think i'll survive?

I have kill team game saturday, so can you rate my kill team list? My opponent is playing deathwatch and he's taking 5 veterans so he has more guys.
Do I stand a chance?

Reminder that if you play to win, you're playing wrong.

A lot of high power weaponry in your face turn 1 I guess

Was thinking the Armoured Assault box, so one Tervigon and 12 gants. Seeing as I can outfit all my swarms with a couple gant boxes I thought I may as well take the 1/2 price Tervigons and see what I can do with them, especially since some of the automata need S10 melee, which Crushing Claws represent nicely. Didn't the Tervigon also come with another big MC as a dual kit?

10/10 would play against

You always play to win.

Depending on whether it's casual or competitive, you listbuild either to have a balanced, close game, or to crush people.

You basically have to choose between

>superior relics
>bloodthirsters
>BFTBG
>flesh hounds

vs

>turn 1/2 charge
>better marines
>better berzerkers
>better maulerfiends

If it includes the Tyrannofex dual kit, then you get some nice tank-size guns, yeah.

Just go fucking die in a hole. You are not even funny. Same fucking retards every day

>5 POINTS OVER
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

How should you outfit a chaos lord? What are the best upgrades to give him?

>You always play to win.
Naw son. Just, naw.

more like 1605 points over actually

OK, excellent. Those will make nice mauler bolt cannon or Darkfire Cannon substitutes.

There is a difference between playing to win and win at all costs.

One thing is to be competitive, other thing is abuse rules and out right cheese.

Sadly a portion of the players do not know the difference

Not that guy but:
The objective of a game is to win
The purpose of a game is to have fun

I build fluffy lists but then play them as best I can and always try to win.

Sorry pal, prepare to get your anus handed to you. I would say bring at least one baneblade.

Here, also this:
Don't be a WAAC rules lawyering piece of shit. Still do your best though, don't just make bad moves or act brain damaged.

i consider to switch sides

But I want to play KdK.

That is my main issue with some "competitive" groups they out right think waac, cheese and rules abusing is competitive.

>he's never suicide charged a squad just for the blaze of glory
>he's never deep struck into an inferior location just because his opponent's favorite unit is there and worth more emotional value than tactical value
>he's never made a move that's fluffy but stupid

What's it like to actually, objectively, be playing the game wrong?

Are you me? I've won games because of immense luck on the part of massed Guardsmen charges.

I've done all of them but usually in a casual setting or if I'm already losing.
I wouldnt affix bayonets on my guardsmen on Turn 2 for shits but I sure as shit would on Turn 5 as a last ditch effort to wipe out some heretics on an objective.

If it's T4 and my Tempestus Scions arrive while I've almost been tabled, I'll sure as shit take out their favourite unit before I lose.

Should I swap out the dogs/some dogs and a maulerfiend for some Warp Talons?

Warp Talons seem pretty cool, especially since they have Daemon of Khorne in KdK giving them Furious Charge.

pls rate my list/give advice other than play WE

pls

>I wouldnt affix bayonets on my guardsmen on Turn 2 for shits
You simply haven't lived until you scare off deep striking terminators with pointy sticks.

>he doesn't know 1850 points is the standard
Do you even ITC bro?

Tell me about your army(ies) lore/fluff

Holy shit, hahahaha. I might buy a start collecting imperial guard on Saturday just so I can experience that

>he doesnt unleash the kroot+hounds for the shits and giggles
>He doesnt set inferior Railsides across his side of the board
Why are all other taufags scum

Why do they wear the mask

>Used to be entertainers in times of flesh, now gotta go fast crons
>self proclaimed best craftsmen in Commarragh in regards to weapons
>Nurglite warband led by a Woodsmen who was betrayed by the village he protected when he was sick (AoS)
please do not ask me to elaborate, i'm pretty drunkn right now

Or, alternatively bikers AND centurions!

killing terminators hasn't really been an achievement since 3rd edition came out

5th edition penal legion are the last word in fluff insanity

I prefer to swarm the board with carbines, breacher teams, and stealth suits, to constantly fight the enemy near to assault distance.

With S3 T3 pointy sticks it is

The problem is that they are meant to be used as arms, so they might look a bit lopsided. I'd take a look at the bits, the relevant ones are Fleshborer Hive, Rupture Cannon, and Acid Spray

I play AdMec, and a friend plays Chaos. We have huge apocalypse sized games and often make dramatic stories out of the results. As a proper son of Mars, I make it my personal mission to take down all his "traitor guard" vehicle assets first. The machine spirits never wanted that, they must be saved!

Admittedly, this has cost me in the past.

Scaring Necrons Lords and his bodyguards with Acolytes and SoB comes close

I wish the penal legionnaires would make a comeback with a plastic kit

The best thing you can give a chaos lord in more toughness or eternal warrior. Mine keep dying to strength 8 so i keep them cheap.

Because of their high toughness and reanimation protocols, yeah. The new deathguard terminators might be on the same level now, I think.

T4 1W models, mate. Mass amounts of shitty mook attacks have been the textbook way of killing them for the past eighteen years.

>1850pt Kill Team games sponsored by ITC
Man ITC is getting weird.

Expect to be reading through rules a lot

>make dramatic stories out of the results
I do this for everything. Grenade scattered? That's because something exploded nearby and the concussive wave knocked it askew. You glanced a tank to death in CC? That's because you rent open a hatch and got a grenade inside, pulping the crew. Devastated a Marine unit with Lasguns? The squad leader had enough of their shit and told his men and women to lay it on thick enough that you could row downstream on the amount of las in the air.

If only.

Best of luck little angel

>T4 1W
In 2+ 5++
Massed attacks are no guarantee, it just helps.

Fleshborer Hive is probably not going to work as anything but a scenery part, but the other two look excellent if I paint the carapace on the weapons as metal and add a couple wires and such. They're going to need some greenstuffing to fit anyway, so the arm things not going to be a problem.
Making a couple greenstuff cables and linking the big guns to chemical tanks is probably also a good idea.

Theyre really stretching the shit out of this shitmar release

Why is Coteaz considered so great with the Guard?

Because he's been expecting you.

what a douche

Is this where you tell us a Lord of Change is an AoS model?

Everyone but tanks get Objective Secure. The bubble of fuck you for things entering from reserve is nice. ML2 Psyker is nice. All that for 100 points is rather cheap

I love how people keep coming to Veeky Forums for list advice. Legit dudes, go to a proper forum for list advice, even the (you)s you get here probably won't help you with list building.
Everything thread at the moment has like 3 serious lists, with all the replies being from same user saying "pls help".
How about you go do it on a proper forum, and leave us to our talking about new models and shit posting.

>going to a normal forum where name fagging is 100% the way to get noticed
no thanks

I like to offer advice from time to time

I haven't played a single game of 7th

>God forbid someone put the time and effort expected into the hobby

You undesirables ruin the game. If you can't put in the time required, find a different hobby. This one expects something of you. Maybe stamps are more your speed.

Space Wolves: Armoured Assault company of Jarl Crackenbane, wars are fought up close. The Jarl is impulsive, tempered only by his advisors, and only just. Prefers mounted war, cavalry, bikes, and rhinos carrying Grey Hunters. Rumours persist the invasion of Fenris may have gotten to him slightly, before hand he kept the wolfen at arms reach, but after the war, he embraces them as brothers. Some of his Grey Hunters grow concerned by his recent inclusion of "The Wolf Time is Nigh!" in his rallying speeches.

Tau: Unofficial Farsight sympathizers. Balance between mounted infantry and smaller xv8 squads. Believes in in the Mont'Ka, no gun line, no holding back. Fight the enemies of the Empire close enough to look them in the eyes.

AdMec: Forgeworld Metalica has interests. We acquire them. Skitarii march lock step beside servitor treads, Infiltrators tear apart heretics along side the Castelans. All will wither before the magistracy of the weapons of the Adeptus Mechanicus!

Emperor's Children: A sub-cult with in the EC, called the Flayers. The Noise Marines' frequency is set to incapacitate, not kill, for the sounds of a man being flayed alive please Slaneesh. Most Chaos Lord and war bands avoid working alongside the Flayers, as "friendly fire" seems to be a common issue.

>100pts
>Mastery level 2
>makes all infantry Objective secured
>has a motherfucking two headed cyber eagle
>things coming in 12inch away get shot at.
>rerollable seize and making your opponent re roll their seize

Gee I wonder why Guard likes him

No, but every other model in the release is sigmar only. The 40k LoC isnt even getting a rules update

To be fair, we got our Tzangors first

Coteaz (IA) has a rule to give all Infantry the Objective Secured rule

>Being that autistic that you can only post on Veeky Forums
K, friendo

Are you implying that I haven't had a game, or are you agreeing with me? :)

>expected

Only by you. So he hasn't finished his models yet.. Instead of giving any critique (or hey maybe a compliment on a new players painting) you just spew "Unbased = unfinished". I can practically smell your BO. People like (You) are the undesirables of this game.

Yeah and I bet theyre worth a shit in Sigmar too

>post on somewhere like dakka
>30+ hits and 1 reply

>post here with a mildly not meta conforming list
>get 3+ (You)s minimum

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/714351.page

Sorry, not happening.

>shitmar
I bet you haven't even played a game of AoS, I don't think you'll fit into the community there anyway, people have a tendency to play fluffy games instead of WAAC games

I got so used to Veeky Forums I find going on DakkaDakka suffering. All that fake kindness everywhere. At least on here when someone is being is being an utterly wrong faggot he gets told in three words rather than three paragraphs gently trying not to hurt feelings.