MAKING A FUCKING ANGRY MARINE CODEX YOU FUCKING PRISSY ASS ELF LOVING FUCKS!

As said rather angrily above, I am making an Angry Marine Codex (HOW FUCKING ORIGINAL user!) and wanted to open up to you, the fine denizens of Veeky Forums, and ask you to share your favorite pieces of Angry Marine artwork (IT'S DRAWFAGGOTRY) and fiction (WRITEFAGGOTRY HOLY SHIT) so as to make the fluff as well as make the Codex sexy as hell.

If you have any pictures of the following I plead (ON YOUR FUCKING KNEES user) with you to share them here:
-Predator Angrinator
-Chapter Master Temperus Maximus
-Imperial Guard in AM colors
-Angry SM Scouts

Ideally it's all 2D artwork and not pictures of figures but if you do have Angry Marine figures made, go ahead and show them off.

For fiction post whatever keeps the daemons from fucking your battle barge.

Crunch rules are going to be based on the Codexs (es?) available on 1d4chan with some minor edits to help it fit with the actual rules of 40k if needed.

Lastly, if you have suggestions or tips on making a Codex feel free to share them here too. Thank you in advance and I promise to post the finished project for you folks when (if) I finish it. SO GET TO FUCKING WORK YOU FILTY NURGLE SUCKING CHAOS HERETIC FUCKS! FOR THE EMPRAH!

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Angry_Marines
google.com/search?q=angry marines predator&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiLzoSx587RAhVERSYKHRXaBmYQsAQIHA&biw=1920&bih=946
wh.reactor.cc/post/1256646
youtube.com/watch?v=cdCpF8o5LUo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

YOU CUM GARGLING PIECE OF SHIT, YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT ALWAYS ANGRY ALL THE TIME

1d4chan.org/wiki/Angry_Marines

google.com/search?q=angry marines predator&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiLzoSx587RAhVERSYKHRXaBmYQsAQIHA&biw=1920&bih=946

You start a good project. do not stop. get it in white dwarf for the april fools edition.

another codex to study:
wh.reactor.cc/post/1256646

how about no

Thanks!

Holy shit, are you a time-travler from ten years ago or something?

FUCKING DO IT! JUST MAKE SURE YOU DON'T FUCK IT UP BY MAKING IT PROFANE FOR PROFANITY'S SAKE! IT'S ANGRY MARINES, NOT FUCKING TOURETTE MARINES!

>he's trying to revive dead memes

>an angry marines codex
I'm pretty sure I have one somewhere on my hdd already.

FUCKING THIS!

HAVE VID!

youtube.com/watch?v=cdCpF8o5LUo

A song about a guy riding a dinosaur is surprisingly fitting for the Angry Marines

I really miss those times.
Maybe history really is cyclical and we'll one day get back to this innocent age of memes.

So how goes the anger and aggression? anything you need specifically?

I prefer the version of Angry Marines stories where they are just fucking angry and just dying to powerfoot a motherfucker in the ass. The cringy as fuck stories where they rape stuff are pathetic and completely miss the point of Angry Marines. They are not chos for fucks sake.

This. NO tourette's. NO rape. Just pure unadulterated RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Now, will they cornhole chaos marines out of spite? Of course! Will they turn dark eldar into meat puppets? Damned straight! But that is all righteous, justified anger. No pleasure involved: they do not enjoy what they do - they hate it, and EVERY MOTHERFUCKING THING ELSE!!!!)

I'm stuck on whether to have two types of scouts or just one. See, there's the Angry Gangs which is how one Codex made up the scouts but I want to be able to utilize both Scouts with sniper rifles and scouts without. One version I saw had the scouts be on loan from other chapters. I see these guys as being the one to use the long guns as I imagine an Angry Marine wouldn't have the patience if the enemy is RIGHT THERE! Your thoughts?

> Dead, circle jerk tier memes involving spamming all-caps, swear words and a low-tier understanding of 40k

No thanks

Ooh, wow: you took the time to post that, huh. Went right out of your way to put a stop to this tomfoolery....cool! I bet you have a lot of friends.......

Being a scout is training for marines. Being a sniper is training in frustration. Damn right they got snipers.

So, in ages past, Angry Marines used to represent us, Veeky Forums, in all our salty glory. The whole idea sprang from the concept that Angry Marines were us sent by the Emprah to bestow Exterminatus on GeeDubs fuckups in the Canon. Back then that was all we need to justify the chapters existence.

Times change though, and we need more than just memes to justify a chapters existence. We need lore, reasoning, and a justifiable interest to really go through and make something like this.

So... I pondered how we could make Angry Marines more interesting, and logical. For one thing, If they're so Fucking Pissed all the time, why have none of them fallen to Khorne?

That's when it hit me. These guys are angry in such a way that it doesn't contribute to Chaos. They likely have some sort of geneseed mutation that hardwires their emotions for one thing: Rage. They may be feeling fear, sadness, joy, whatever, but their brains are interpreting all that as Rage. Here I'll make an argument that because humans have souls, the emotions they're actually feeling and the emotions they experience may be two different things entirely.

In other words, instead of chronic depression, these guys have Chronic Aggression.(Cont.)

(Continued)

Now, the whole Soul vs. Body emotions is a little iffy, but it does make for a hilarious observation: If, deep down, all Angry Marines are fueling their fears and insecurities into their rage, and they're originally representative of Veeky Forums, what does that say about us?

It also provides a distinct tactical advantage. Their Fight or Flight response is nonexistent. They only have the fight response. One Lone angry marine sees a horde of Orks charging toward him. What's his initial response? FUCK YOU, THAT'S WHAT!!! They're always set to aggress.

Which sounds oddly similar to our other favorite emotionally stunted 40k unit, the Krieg.

I've got a better idea

Let the old meme fucking die. It stopped being funny ten years ago.

I do in fact, probably because I don't like stale memes.

Lots of people have started playing since then (myself included) and it's funny to us

Congratulations on being the wargaming community's version of annoying toddlers.

>all new people are annoying I want my hobby to die

That seems to be a major opinion as of late. Which is kind of sad.

The other opinion is that Veeky Forums's old stuff was cringe.(which it was, but it was our cringe, and we enjoyed it for what it was worth.)

Really the only way to fix it is to update old stories and memes so that they have some actual substance to them, as seen with Love and Krieg 2.0.

I want to see an Angry Marine and Bolter Bitch(emphasis on bitch) fall in hate with each other and have the most glorious of hatefucks. It wouldn't be Tsundere as fuck, it would be MOTHERFUCKING TSUNDERE!!!

Considering where 40k is headed, it'd be way fucking better off if it died and we did a 40k version of 9th Age.

Why the fuck do you care so much about shitty fanfics barely anybody knows about, or cares about? I bet you're "creating" (never finishing) an Angry Marines "Codex" (which will be horribly imba because you probably aren't familiar with the rules), and don't even fucking play 40k and are just another Veeky Forums pretender.

Actual 40k? No, never. It's more of a hobby than it is a game, with the exception of kill team. I have run a regular Dark Heresy campaign though, and honestly prefer the RPGs. I like the lore though. That's mostly what we do.

And I'm not OP, so no, I'm not the one making the codex.

As for being a "Veeky Forums Pretender," no. I actually play games with my group weekly, alternating through several systems over the course of the past three years. I like good writing, and if you'd bother to know what's going on in the thread you're accusing, you'd see that Batavi actually knows his shit, and originally started writing L&K2.0 because he wanted to write a version that was more consistent with Canon, and has managed spectacularly at creating something that achieves that and is emotionally moving.

Of course, this begs the question as to why I'm even arguing with you when you're just going to pick apart my post and claim that I'm not a "True 40kfag" or some other bullshit.

Apparently my intentions have sparked some kind of ethical argument over the validity of Veeky Forums's past in the grimmer, darker age we find ourselves in. To this I, the one who spawned this madness, have one thing to say:

The fuck? I'm just making a Codex for one of my favorite fictional Space Marine chapters and thought that some of you fine folks would have experience or assets that could help me in this endeavor. A debate such as this was never my intention and I'm confused as to why some of us here in this thread are upset over this notion. I'm making this Codex for me first because alongside this I am making an Angry Marine army and want rules that will help me play them. I just figured if I was going to go through all the trouble compiling and creating rules that I might as well go all out and try to make as official looking Codex as possible. ThenI would share it upon completion with you because I'd be proud of what I made. Like how happy we are when mom attaches our doodles to the fridge. Your my fridge Veeky Forums. I came here today because I wanted some help, advice, and maybe get some dope ass pictures and stories too. Veeky Forums is where these Irate Imperials came from, so what better place to get the tools I need to help fuel this ambition?

Right, so, pseudo rant completed, I'd again like to ask you to please share any artwork or stories you have about the denizens of McRage because dammit I wanna do this shit right and proper and I need your help to do it.

Ignore the dicks, they're allergic to fun and probably rejects from reddit anyway.

I have no pictures friend but I support this action. Trying to paint an angry marine almost turned me into one once. Had just started painting and didint know yellow was the bane of noobs.

Here's what I have done for the cover page. Currently looking for the appropriate font for the title.

>Had just started painting and didint know yellow was the bane of noobs.

Oooh. Yah. Bad Moonz, derping your way into yellow is a good way to generate frothing incandescent rage.

Something like this maybe?

legitimately almost bit the model in rage.

No, that's a bit too on the nose. Plus all the GW codex covers have a similar font style.

>That one absolute madman just has a chair

HERES WHAT YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND

THERE ARE LOTS OF DIFFERENT FUCKING TYPES OF ANGRY

WHEN AN ANGRY MARINE IS JUST A SCOUT, HE'S STILL LEARNING HOW PISSED OFF TO ACTUALLY BE

THESE FUCKS ARE PROBABLY THE MOST "NORMAL" OF THE ANGRY MARINES

INSTEAD OF BRING FROTHING MAD THEY'RE JUST INDIGNANT, SIMMERING INSTEAD OF BOILING. THEY GRUMBLE, THEY SCOWL. THEY LAUGH BITTERLY AS THEY BLOW OFF A FUCKERS HEAD WITH A SHOTGUN OR A SNIPER RIFLE

MARINES THAT LEARN TO BE EVEN FUCKING ANGRIER MOVE ONTO INFANTRY POSITIONS. ONES THAT NEVER GET MADDER STAY AS SCOUTS OR BECOME PILOTS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATORS

ABOVE SCOUTS ARE ANGRY GANGS, YOUR BASIC TAC SQUAD, ARMED WITH BOLT WEAPONS AND MELEE WEAPONS

THESE GUYS ARE WELL AND TRULY PISSED OFF AT HOW FUCKING FUCKED THE UNIVERSE IS. YOU NEED TO FUCKING UNDERSTAND THAT AN ANGRY MARINES ANGER IS A RIGHTEOUS ANGER. THE GALAXY IS FULL OF FUCKING ASSHOLES AND THEY DESERVE A BITCH SLAP.

LOOK INTO KHORNATE ARMIES FOR RULE IDEAS, ESPECIALLY BERSEKERS, SINCE THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO IS THOSE GUYS ARE FUCKINT ASSHOLES AND ANGRY MARINES ARENT

JUST ANGRY

ALL THE FUCKING TIME

AND THAT ANGER DRIVES THEM. ALWAYS FORWARD. THEY DON'T GIVE A FUCKING SHIT ABOUT PAIN, ABOUT DEATH, ABOUT THE ODDS

ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS GRABBING A FUCKING ASSHOLE BY THE SKULL AND RIPPING THAT FUCKING SHIT OFF THEIR SHOULDERS

THEY EXIST TO PUNISH FUCKSTICKS. TO MAKE DICKHEADS FEAR THE VENGEFUL ANGER OF MANKIND. ANGRY MARINE VICTORIES ARE USUALLY PHYRRIC, BUT SO FUCKING TERRIFYING WHOEVER FUCKED WITH THEM NEVER DOES AGAIN

WHEN YOU'RE SO ANGRY YOU DONT CARE ANYMORE AS LONG AS A MOTHERFUCKER PAYS, THAT IS THE ESSENCE OF AN ANGRY MARINE

In short op, you probably want angry Marines to function more like KHORNATE crossed with Orks. They need to roll not to charge. They have no fear and can't suffer morale loss. They use slapped together equipment to get them closer to the fighting faster. There's a good chance they won't even follow orders

Space Wolf bloodclaw rules may be another good place to look

Thank you user!

Cover is finished. Thoughts?

Pivot the Y on "ANGRY" on the tabard. Can look like "ALWAYS ANGO" or "ALWAYS ANGIO" with the stem of the Y pointed inwards.

Too lazy, but someone link to the death of Fuklaw. That shit is important.

I'll see what I can do.

Well, you know. This is exactly what an Angry Marines Thread should be. A lot of yelling followed by shit getting done.

Question, why do we never derail shitposts by posting as Angry Marines? We'd say the exact same things filled with the exact same Vitriol, except now it's fun because we're Role-playing.

Does anybody have any templates for the codex pages or suggestions on how to make them? I'm kinda stuck. Also, disclaimer, Games Workshop ain't supporting shit with this.

Honestly laughed out loud

Maybe give each Captain the ability to put a special Commissar in the squad that'll let them reroll their "unity" tests?
After all, Fuklaw was a living legend.
REST IN FUCKING PIECES

I was thinking of having that be the job of Angry Sergeants. In order to avoid mindlessly charging the enemy when they get within a certain distance they have to take a leadership test. They'd use the Sarge's leadership for it and if they fail then the Sarge would knock some heads similar to Mob Rule. If the Sarge dies then they'd use their default leadership. Failure means they would have to immediately roll to charge.

>DoW 3 have the orks using something like this.

This guy knows.
>Question, why do we never derail shitposts by posting as Angry Marines? We'd say the exact same things filled with the exact same Vitriol, except now it's fun because we're Role-playing.
Done and done.

Dat chair

I like the primarch quest explanation. Their primarch is a null, so their geneseed renders them almost soulless. Thus, with little to no warp signatures, Khorne can't get a foothold, nor does their rage feed him.

bump

>The cringy as fuck stories where they rape stuff
What, you mean that you actually bothered to read them ? Why would you do this when you know that it's shit from the beginning ?

Some Special rules:

ALWAYS ANGRY, ALL THE TIME!
Angry Marines give zero fucks and won't break during combat like some kind of pussy ass Ultramarine or get killed by some pathetic bushes. They also really, REALLY hate all the stupid morons who want to attack the Imperium. With this Unique Special Rule Angry Marines are Stubborn, have Move Through Cover, and Hatred (Non-Imperials).

BUT THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!
Angry Marines care about only two things: Killing the SHIT out of the Emprah's enemies and Skittles. Naturally, when one or both of these things is close by it takes immense willpower to not say "SCREW YOUR ORDERS, I DO WHAT I WANT!" and charge the bastards. When within nine inches of an enemy model they have to take a Leadership test. If they fail, they must immediately roll to charge that model. If they are within six inches they take the test with -1 Leadership and if within three inches at -2. The enemy model will be able to perform Overwatch. Charging counts as Movement, Shooting, but not Assault as the enemy is STILL RIGHT THERE, ROUND TWO MOTHERFUCKER!

ADULT SUPERVISION
Angry Marines are not known for their ability to focus for periods longer than it takes to disembowel somebody. It's up to the Angry Sergeants to keep their Battle-Brothers in line, even if that means cracking a few skulls to get their point across. When a squad fails a Leadership test for the "BUT THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!" Unique Special Rule and has an Angry Sergeant present, roll a single D6. On a 4+ the squad does not charge and takes D6 Strength 4 hits. If they roll 3 or below, the squad must charge. Angrier Sergeants pass on a 3+ and Angry Captains on a 2+.

GET OVER HERE SO I CAN HIT YOU!
Angry Marines love a good melee, it's when they're having the most fun. Units with this special rule can re-roll their charges as if they had Fleet and gain +2 attacks on the charge to ensure the bastards can't run away again. This does not apply to failed "BUT THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!" charges.

>Skittles
Really?
So, yer going full lulz? Heyy, have fun with that, I guess. There's something to be said for making an actual, ahem, 'serious' codex, tho - righteous anger of the Emperor and all that....I dunno, a lulz chapter ain't gonna get much play: it seems to me, if you make them to be serious, then they can get some actual games in. Which is the point, right? To make something playable and balanced and yet fluffy?

Like , Skittles is a bit too peNgU1N-0f-d00m for my taste. If you're dead set on a humorous-juxtaposition-of-violent-and-mundane, try something like pic related:

>"Angry Marines care only about two things: Killing the SHIT out of the Emperor's enemies, and channeling surplus rage into ARTS AND CRAFTS PROJECTS."

Skittles was in their article on 1d4chan. My goal with this is to try to create as legitimate a Codex as possible while still honoring the comedic over-the-top violence they're known for. Skittles is a bit too childish though, I do see your point. What about the rules themselves? Do they seem playable? Are they clear?

Yeah, clear: maybe op; i'm not up to current tt.