1 in 2 games are made by some guys "looking for a GM and a group"

>1 in 2 games are made by some guys "looking for a GM and a group"
>actual GMs give little to no detail on what their games are
>individual players either don't take anything seriously or are huge primadonnas
>some people don't bother reading the game's description and ask questions answered in a two line blurb
>once in a game, it's 50-50 if it will survive after session 2 due to people no-showing

What is happening with this fucking site? I thought it was shite a year and a half ago, but this time they really shat the bed.

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/users/544195/zentha-c
app.roll20.net/users/484182/maimed-jester
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> What is happening with this fucking site?

Redditors discovered it
Furries discovered it.
Loads of normies with no friends discovered it

Now they all want to make edgy Skyrim characters and most of them are too busy with their "social anxiety" that they are scared to DM. Also there is no accountability online so people act like fucking twats.

Those are mostly problems with the people not the site it self.

Consider instead those who turn to Veeky Forums to find games and the qualities you may find amongst such players and DMs.

This happens to literally every roleplaying community.

Make connections. Use shit games as a chance to meet the other good players and GMs frustrated with how shit things are. Get to know them, make friends, get good games that way.

It can take a while, but cultivating and curating your own communities is the only way to make things like Roll20 or the sup/tg/ IRC work.

Honestly, I just make games for my own groups, avoid the LFG posts, and the only issue I've had is the change to user interface because it looks dumb.

user I'm going to tell you the secret to creating a successful roll20 group.

Step 1: Play a game that's not mainstream
Step 2: Get 1,5x the number of players you want
Step 3: Have very strict rules during the first 1-2 sessions.

That's it.

Anyone have a good roll20 blacklist of shit players they could share?

No thanks, last time I did that I wasted my time with a bunch of retards talking about tranny dicks and the game never happened.

I'd say that's some solid advice, but last non-mainstream game I played on the site still managed in its player rotation to get two people that very quickly started no-showing, a dude that played an out-of-context character, one shitter that interrupted the game to tell us about Steven Universe and the bane of my existance, the metagaming powergamer.

It feels like the place is overrun by madmen.

The gamefinder threads here are just as bad, if not worse. With Roll20 half of the players actually show up past session 1, but with Veeky Forums only 10% do.

I've lost mine due to a hard drive corruption, but I remember 2 special ones:

Lady Lasombra, the resident bitch of all WoD games, making playing in any game she's in or running as fun as lung cancer
app.roll20.net/users/544195/zentha-c

Maimed Jester, an asshole that kept applying to games I was running, making characters (or lying about it) the last day before the game and then no-showing and leaving the campaign
app.roll20.net/users/484182/maimed-jester

> Also there is no accountability online so people act like fucking twats.
THIS.

This is my main issue with recruiting people from this board and Roll20. I haven't had as many furry white supremacists as I have had people who refuse to show up past the first session and do not respond to any Skype messages, emails, or PMs.

That's nothing. Some spend a full week of back and forth with the GM making their character and then they leave the game, like

Well I've only had to kick 3 guys from my groups total (out of 50 ish). One was because I could barely understand what he was saying, one was starting to powergame a bit and the third one actually kicked himself out after I dared to disagree with him out of game.

When I sent guy #3 a message something along the lines of "Bye, no hard feelings on my end" he called me a besserwissing cunt. It was a pretty nice "fuck you".

Better advice:
1: find a group that's good
2: play on roll20 but don't advertise there

It's that simple. Don't bother with the actual LFG stuff unless you're trying to find the good players, in which case run 1shots and pick only the good players.

Stop playing with Mellenial scum. My group is all 38+. None of the above problems.

>Lady Lasombra, the resident bitch of all WoD games, making playing in any game she's in or running as fun as lung cancer

Storytime?

I didn't have the displeasure of being tortured in any of her games, but there's just so many stories about her and her satellite manlets from so many guys that it's insane.

I'd check the archive to link some old threads, but it's about time I go take a trip to dreamland.

The secret to success right here.

I recommend running a solo game for them, you can have them make a character and roll them in to the main adventure if they pan out. And you can even recycle the proto-adventure until you find someone acceptable.

Then re-make for every new dude, so they have some actual game as a background.

If it matters the whooping three (3) of my games have been on roll20 and they've been pretty positive experiences, I just was careful to join sane-looking groups. All the GMs have been super nice and dedicated to the game too. People on Veeky Forums talk about roll20 as if they sent someone to put a gun on your head and forced you to join a Pathfinder hentai campaign under threat of death the moment you made an account

Just keep looking. If a game looks like it's going to suck after the first session just tell the GM and leave.

>Step 2: Get 1,5x the number of players you want
>Get 1,5x the
>1,5x
>,
Why do you people use commas instead of periods when dictating numbers?

I've stuck with my DnD friends from highschool and we have a problem where there's literally too many campaigns going on at once.

That's the standard convention in Europe, and some parts of the Americas.

>What is happening with this fucking site?
People like you keep trying to use it.

>38+
>can't spell Millennial
What's it like being a sexless wizard, user?

Veeky Forums in a nutshell. It's worse here because at least in R20 to avoid a bad rep you have to at least put forth the effort to make a new account.

> besserwissing cunt

I don't know what this is but I'm almost insulted just by reading it secondhand

Uh, it's probably intentional. "Me"-llenial, because people say millennials are (old person complaint about young people being selfish.)

Nigger, you do realize that fully half of Millenials are over age 28, right?

Which is especially funny when you consider baby boomers are objectively the most self-centered and entitled generation.

pretty much this, better to find a group off site and move to roll20 90% of the time

every group ive found on Veeky Forums were either turbo mary sue weebs or under aged people who want to play at some retarded our of the day like at 2:00 am

Then how the hell do you know if 5,000,001 is five million and one or five thousand and 1 one thousandth?

>People on Veeky Forums talk about roll20 as if they sent someone to put a gun on your head and forced you to join a Pathfinder hentai campaign under threat of death the moment you made an account

i only want pathfinder hentai games but i want them with non autists which is total of 3 games in literally the whole world

>Post a game online
>Specify that I don't want any applicants below 18
>Get endless assblasted spiteful threads on my LFG posting that are "wow looks like a fun game shame you decided not to let people below 18 play i'm am one of the best players" but with even less punctuation
Priceless.

>Lady Lasombra
OH MY GOD FTB one of the reasons I Don't gm WOD anymore unless it's people I know
>Maimed Jester
will look out for him

I'm one of them and actually 27, I do that to troll people who are overly arbitrary.

1.) Even if it's arbitrary, what other people want to do with their spare time is their business and may be as arbitrary as they so desire, because other people's hobbies do not need to be catered to children they have no intention of spending time around.

2.) It's not arbitrary. If I want to have a game that is violent and may have mature themes, I'm going to do just that.

3.) Despite there being exceptions to the rule, every kid on roll20 claims to be one such exception, and playing enough games where a jackass GM feels like they've made a fine call by letting some retarded 17 year old kid play his half-wolf whatever assassin character has left me more inclined to not even bother.

I don't allow niggers, jews or autists, fatasses, even just snotty dorks etc. at my table. It's not arbitrary, it's just simple heuristics developed over time. Maybe it's unfair, maybe it's raciss, but from experience, it saves everyone a lot of trouble without losing much anything at all.

I was at roll20 at 16 and I deliberately avoided telling anyone my age. As far as I could tell no one suspected or at least didn't care to ask

I mean, without even the slightest hint of irony or passive-agressiveness, most people probably don't want to play with someone who bans literal ethnic groups from their table so unless you keep those criteria silent you probably already have a group of the particular unicorns who are willing to play with you

>roll20 started about 2012
haha, underage b-
>2012 was 5 years ago
what the fuck

>Text only games

Okay, yuck, but to each their own I guess.

I don't think all young people are terrible to play with. I just know that all young people I have played with are terrible.

Depends on the person, really.
A 30 yr old may make a cringy deviant art "Totally n-not my oc guise" tier character, while a twelve yr old may make a decent character.

Kind of necessary when most decent games are on English, you're ESL with terrible accent, and there's practically no tabletop game scene on the whole country you live in

Also, again, 16. I couldn't risk my mom yelling at me to go clean dog piss mid-game

"Mellenials" would still mean he misspelled '-lennial.'

What does this have to do with 38+?

There are no 38+ Millennials.

Who the fuck are you people? You're not righ/tg/ents.

Don't use garbage roll20 voice chat. Push to Talk is a thing, go third party. Discord is getting popular I've noticed. I kept trying to move the group over to Discord from garbage skype but the game fell apart before it could sadly.

Because they use periods instead of commas.
5,000.001 or 5.000,01 are the different ways to write five thousand and 1 one thousandth.

Now, I know that that's perfectly logical, and I admit that using the period as the decimal point is entirely arbitrary.
Doesn't mean comma decimal points don't trigger me like a landmine

>What is happening with this fucking site?

I didn't even know there was a community on Roll20: I just use it to play with my group.

FPBP

Unfortunately, Roll20 offers a platform, but has no actual moderation of what is going on within said platform. This leads to flooding of "games", where it's desperate players whining for a GM, more often than not.
Most people who start off roleplaying immediately on Roll20, rather than having prior roleplay experience, have never had the chance to work out their shitty character phase. Yes, we've all had it, some are still in the middle of it. With Roll20, it's their first or third time roleplaying, so it inevitably leads to a flood of shitty characters.
Also, lack of accountability will lead people to being complete twats for no reason.

Oh yeah there's a community. People actually make games to farm achievements.

A while ago I wanted to start a game on roll20. I made the site and prepared an extensive campaign in a well known setting with a system that was fairly well known. In two or three days I received 30 applications of which 20 were autists, weebs or some kind of faggot. I simply closed it shortly after receiving 50+ applications.

Another time I wanted to join a game of Dark Heresy, but after the first Skypecall I realised that I'm playing with autismo rules lawyering cunts.

I had a good game going for about a year, until a Tranny joined as a friend of someone in our group. Bitch was the fucking craziest cunt I ever met. Left the game (I was the GM) after Veeky Forums told me to get the fuck out as fast as I can.

tl;dr: Shit community, do not recommend.

Couldn't you have just kicked her out of the game?

Not that poster, but most trannies live on the internet and thrive on social drama fuelled by nerd thirst.

They will have more friends(orbiters) than you due to being able to put more time into it since they will inevitably be NEETs.

Fuck you, buddy. You don't get to declare who is or isn't Veeky Forums.

I bet you weren't even around when Warhammer Wednesdays on /b/ were a thing.

Just explain that it was because he was disruptive to the game?

Don't know Lady Lasombra but can confirm on Maimed Jester. Played in a Numenera game he was GM'ing, ran for a few sessions then the guy just straight up disappeared and stopped replying to any of the players.

Add to the list some dickhead named Steely Phil. He wanted to do a Cypher system game, I joined to get a taste of the system and he no-showed the game.

>have only ever played one campaign over roll20
>found it through LFG
>it was full of mature people who regularly showed up or notified the group if they weren't gonna make it
>had a lot of fun for about a year until I had to quit the campaign because of real life
I miss that group desu.

And Zerkai and Xander P. 50% furry, 50% munchkin, 100% degenerate.

>Xander P.
Wait a sec, that name rings some bells. What is he running?

I'm not sure, I only encountered him as a player (I was a player too). Assuming he hasn't changed it, his profile pic would be some shitty MLP oc.