Announce that we should capture the leader for questioning instead of killing him

>Announce that we should capture the leader for questioning instead of killing him.
>Use nonlethal methods to try to knock out the leader.
>DM says he's nearly down from my blows.
>Half-orc comes in and splits the enemy's skull with his axe.

I have never come across a half-orc that has been anything but a murderhobo. Is that their destiny or are there some out there that try to do anything other than kill?

I nearly made a half orc wizard in my first D&D game. Was planning to have them carry a bookshelf around and reference it all the time.

Made a human in the end.

But that's wrong senpai. I play a half-orc barbarian and I urge my team to take prisoners aswell.

I play a Half-Orc Alchemist who gives rich noblewomen magic plastic surgery on the sly.

The only Half Orc I ever played was a dumb half orc Paladin.

I had two half-orc players.
1. a murderhobo barb who roleplayed nothing aside his int 7
2. a monk "because half-orcs are large so I do more damage"

Remove all greenskins

I once played a half orc gentleman brawler who preferred taking enemies alive.

I was a half-orc slaver and owned my own slave market, does that count?

Are half orcs large?

no

for you

That would have been pretty cool. Even moreso than the quads you just got. It reminds me of the one snooty half-orc sorcerer/barbarian character from an NWN campaign.

Human is so much more generic though.

XANOS WANTS TO SPEAK WITH YOU.

I see you played that one too.

>Not a half-orc who is the only non-murderhobo

I just started a new campaign and in the first session the PCs avoided 4-5 encounter baits and took a prisoner when they eventually got into an encounter.

I'm really fucking surprised. never DMed for a party like this. why aren't they murdering everything? I love what they're doing.

anyone find it weird how orcs are pretty much the most savage and brutal race in a D&D setting, but are nearly always considered better than the humans?

I've once played a half-orc rogue that was physically and emotionally squishy and was almost completely unsuited for the thug-life.

>play half-orc fighter
>whole gimmic is taking prisoners to turn into retainers.
>first goblin I captured ran away from me once and I found him and now he's my squire
>DM let me fluff a sling as a bolio (it's martial instead of simple but thats irrelevent as I'm a fighter.
>capture orcs, drow, lizardmen and hobbits alike
>9/10 times they either try to run away or successfully run away while I sleep.
>team activly gets mad and shouts at me for using protection to stop them finishing people off so I can capture them.
>my orc doesn't give a fuck about the quest and just wants to collect gold and retainers so he can start his own sell sword company.

That sounds like pure cancer. Hopefully they kick you for derailing the game

Also it was fake too

On a scale of 1 to NUCLEAR, how WILD is he?

YUGE!

wouldmarrycuddleandreproducewith/ 10

Sometimes I kill prisoners just to stop my friends wasting time interrogating them. They're the worst at getting information out of people, it honestly takes over an hr sometimes.

So if Grumph carried around a bookshelf. Sounds good.

Also, nice quads

>Session 0, making people's characters alongside them, none of them have ever played DnD before
>Economics student chooses chainmail instead of leather armour, reasoning that a frontier town far away from major trade routes would have a lack of metal so it would have a large resell value for when he decides to upgrade
>mfw this is what I was intending
>When PCs make the roads safer through quests, more trade happens
>First time player preempts one of the quirks of my campaign

I'm surprised too. There's a good new generation of players coming up.

>first time player preempts one of the quirks of my campaign

It was cute the first time. But then they start figuring out everything and i haven't said a god damned word about most of it.

They don't KNOW they've figured it out, obviously, but its still annoying as shit when their theories are basically the overarching plot to the story.

>They don't KNOW they've figured it out

Make sure it stays that way. As far as they know they're acting exactly as expected. You've got to stay one step ahead of them. You could always throw in a few plot twists to really keep them on their toes if they're predicting too much.

The half-orc in our party is a paladin of balance and he does it well

Oh, trust me, i'm aware. Its just really hard keeping a poker face when they are laying your campaign bare at session 0 or 1.